Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pundits and Commentators

Read 442676 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #621: May 10, 2015 02:52:05 pm
      Carra and Neville are worth listening too, they know their stuff alright. I fecking hate this giant touch screen sh*te that sky does though.

This part of the show had me in stitches! I've watched it umpteen times now and i still can't stop laughing! Comedy gold!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #622: May 10, 2015 09:41:21 pm
      I hate Martin Tyler with all of my.... my soul!

Grade A c**t.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #623: May 11, 2015 12:23:40 am
      Commentators have gone the same way as newspapers, they don't tell you wants going on so much, as proffer their opinion.  I don't need to be spoon fed, just give me the information and let me make up my own mind.  Though considering this is prevalent in most media now, I can only assume the public like it this way.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #624: May 11, 2015 12:27:38 am
      Carra and Neville are worth listening too, they know their stuff alright. I fecking hate this giant touch screen sh*te that sky does though.

I don't see them often but recently I have gone off them a little as they do seem to appear a bit know it all and trying to tell us what to think.

I may well be alone but a bit of too much over analysis at times.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #625: May 30, 2015 04:43:09 pm
      BT Sport really don't like their viewers do they? Their pundits today: Rio Ferdinand, Ian Wright, Andy Townsend, Paul Scholes but then they have Macca. Never seen such a bad group of boring pundits. It's also taking forever for the host (Jake?) to get round them all for their opinions, looks sh*t.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #626: Aug 24, 2015 10:11:15 pm
      Have Sky forgot there was another team playing tonight?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #627: Sep 13, 2015 10:47:16 pm
      Fat Sam on 5Live on Friday night now on MOTD2.

Someone give him a job soon please.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #628: Sep 13, 2015 10:52:32 pm
      Chapman listening to Fat Sam like he's had an audience with Arrigo Sacchi.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #629: Sep 14, 2015 12:17:23 am
      Fat Sam on 5Live on Friday night now on MOTD2.

Someone give him a job soon please.

Be careful what you wish for.  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #630: Sep 14, 2015 12:19:41 am

;D

Although then we might see Fat Sam football and win a few games. ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #631: Oct 21, 2015 10:30:07 pm
      Cannot stand Pat Nevin on 5 Live.

Add Claridge, Hartson and a fair few others.

I actually struggle to find a pundit I do like these days.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #632: Oct 21, 2015 10:39:02 pm

You mean Pat 'I'm not biased' Nevin, who then goes on to be biased?

I think Savage has, somehow, become the best pundit on 5live, not always right, not the smartest, but, for the most part, honest and not trying to create a story.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #633: Oct 21, 2015 10:41:50 pm
      You mean Pat 'I'm not biased' Nevin, who then goes on to be biased?

I think Savage has, somehow, become the best pundit on 5live, not always right, not the smartest, but, for the most part, honest and not trying to create a story.

Yep. He's a know all but knows F**k all w**ker Rodders who always sounds full of his own self importance.

Savage is a bit love/hate but when he is not trying to be clever I think he can be alright.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #634: Oct 21, 2015 11:00:24 pm
      Roy Keane anyone?

I've always quite liked him as a pundit as he is very direct and doesn't really get bogged down in trying to sound overly complicated.

Also I do tend to have a bit more respect for someone sitting on a couch criticising if they've had a go themselves even if it didn't work out.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #635: Oct 21, 2015 11:21:37 pm

Nevin is tragic at times no more so than when discussing Chelsea. Mourinho could crash his car into an orphanage deliberately and Nevin would be the first to defend not too dissimilar to when he tried his best to defend the Chelsea manager over the Eva Carneiro farce. Insufferable.

Roy Keane - best pundit on tv by miles. Honest, up front and brutally frank. Calls a spade a spade regardless of team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #636: Oct 21, 2015 11:23:07 pm
      Nevin is tragic at times no more so than when discussing Chelsea. Mourinho could crash his car into an orphanage deliberately and Nevin would be the first to defend not too dissimilar to when he tried his best to defend the Chelsea manager over the Eva Carneiro farce. Insufferable.

Roy Keane - best pundit on tv by miles. Honest, up front and brutally frank. Calls a spade a spade regardless of team

I've just mentioned Keane mate.

Agree on him. Really like his direct style.

On Nevin does he also work on Scottish football as well?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #637: Oct 21, 2015 11:29:24 pm
      I've just mentioned Keane mate.

Agree on him. Really like his direct style.

On Nevin does he also work on Scottish football as well?

That's right. Sportscene on Sunday nights (MOTD 2 gets punted till half 11 so we can enjoy the tomfoolery's of mighty figures like Mark McGhee and co) Not much better even when commenting on basic standards of Scottish football.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #638: Oct 21, 2015 11:34:10 pm
      That's right. Sportscene on Sunday nights (MOTD 2 gets punted till half 11 so we can enjoy the tomfoolery's of mighty figures like Mark McGhee and co) Not much better even when commenting on basic standards of Scottish football.

;D

Funny enough we never seem to get MOTD moved over here in NI mate but a fair bit of other stiff gets shifted for local programmes.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #639: Oct 22, 2015 12:01:53 am
      ;D

Funny enough we never seem to get MOTD moved over here in NI mate but a fair bit of other stiff gets shifted for local programmes.

I hate Scottish tv especially when stuff like A Question of Sport has to get punted to late at night in order to put up with god f**king awful programmes like River City (it's the Scottish Eastenders, but it makes Eastenders look like Lawrence of Arabia in comparison). And when viewers in England and the rest of the UK get to see a quality film on ITV at midnight on Hogmanay we have to put up with a Michelle McManus tv special where she predictably bleeds our ears dry with her awful singing and proceeds to scoff her face with mince pies (predictably). Armando Iannucci satirised the quality of Scottish tv years back and it's ridiculous just how true it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBKp_rgJbNk

That said, Michelle McManus could probably do a better job on MOTD than Jermaine Jenas and Alan Shearer (just putting that in there so to keep this post vaguely on topic)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #640: Oct 22, 2015 12:05:54 am
      I hate Scottish tv especially when stuff like A Question of Sport has to get punted to late at night in order to put up with god F***ing awful programmes like River City (it's the Scottish Eastenders, but it makes Eastenders look like Lawrence of Arabia in comparison). And when viewers in England and the rest of the UK get to see a quality film on ITV at midnight on Hogmanay we have to put up with a Michelle McManus tv special where she predictably bleeds our ears dry with her awful singing and proceeds to scoff her face with mince pies. Armando Iannucci satirised the quality of Scottish tv years back and it's ridiculous just how true it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBKp_rgJbNk

That said, Michelle McManus could probably do a better job on MOTD than Jermaine Jenas and Alan Shearer (just putting that in there so to keep this post vaguely on topic)

You've just reminded me of Jenas.

Dire.

The last good pundit the BBC had was Lee Dixon who they lost to ITV.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #641: Oct 22, 2015 12:13:52 am
      You've just reminded me of Jenas.

Dire.

The last good pundit the BBC had was Lee Dixon who they lost to ITV.

Oh yeah forgot about Dixon. He's top quality. Was great having him on the BBC as he'd do a lot of 5 Live work as well. Seemed to be the only voice of reason they had on these Monday Night Club shows they do every week (these days a vehicle for Claridge, Sutton and co to make fools of themselves).

I genuinely don't know why producers cannot see that there is more value having a top quality football writer like Raphael Hognistein or Jonathan Wilson in their ranks during matches. Do they think the viewer is so stupid because we recognised X pundit as a great player in the past that we automatically assume them to be as good when discussing the game? It's a real shame - the likes of Shearer, Owen and Scholes were phenomenal players but all of them are tripe on tv and it starts to seriously fade your memories of them as great footballers. Whenever I see Shearer on the tv all I think now is 'sh*t pundit' as opposed to 'great player'.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #642: Oct 22, 2015 02:04:59 am
      Now Arry said he knows Ancelotti was offered the Liverpool job yet Carlo insists he had no contact. Who is going ask Arry why he talks complete and utter crap
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #643: Oct 22, 2015 02:37:36 am
      Now Arry said he knows Ancelotti was offered the Liverpool job yet Carlo insists he had no contact. Who is going ask Arry why he talks complete and utter crap

His dog?

Quick Reply