Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 442248 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators.
      Reply #92: Feb 09, 2012 03:36:31 pm
      Evans just wasn't strong enough to deal with the ego's, why do you think Ged was brought in.

No but Ronnie Moran was mate which is why Roy and Ronnie worked so well as a pairing.

The only thing that kept us away from a League title under Evans was a decent keeper and possibly a decent centre half to partner Mark Wright. I don't think it had much to do with Roy's quiet way of doing things.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #93: Feb 09, 2012 03:43:38 pm
      No but Ronnie Moran was mate which is why Roy and Ronnie worked so well as a pairing.

The only thing that kept us away from a League title under Evans was a decent keeper and possibly a decent centre half to partner Mark Wright. I don't think it had much to do with Roy's quiet way of doing things.

Think Roy probably agreed with the centre half mate, i remember he signed John Scales and Phil Babb within a couple of days of each other, add to that Ruddock.. Just none were absolute top level to take us there..
      tree86
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #94: Feb 09, 2012 06:25:41 pm
      I know he's not really a pundit but what about Ronnie Irani?

The most irritating man on this planet?!?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #95: Feb 09, 2012 06:29:24 pm

Aye.

David James cost us so many dropped points its ridiculous.

Played some breath taking football under Roy and he is a man I will always respect
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #96: Feb 09, 2012 06:29:37 pm
      I know he's not really a pundit but what about Ronnie Irani?

The most irritating man on this planet?!?

A Manc... Say's it all really..
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #97: Feb 09, 2012 08:10:14 pm
      Think Roy probably agreed with the centre half mate, i remember he signed John Scales and Phil Babb within a couple of days of each other, add to that Ruddock.. Just none were absolute top level to take us there..

That's what I never got with Roy, he was always looking to bring in a new centre half but we were never really linked with a new keeper which was glaringly our weakest area. I know he brought Friedel in, who has obviously gone onto be a big success but here he didn't really make it - hindsight is a wonderful thing because people say how much of a mistake it was but at the time of us selling Brad I don't remember too many people complaining.

While Warner, Stensgard and Neilsen were never given the chance despite James being a total F**k up at times.

From that time I'd of snapped up Nigel Martyn, was the best keeper in the League behind Schmichael (who we wouldn't of got).
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #98: Feb 09, 2012 09:03:28 pm
      That's what I never got with Roy, he was always looking to bring in a new centre half but we were never really linked with a new keeper which was glaringly our weakest area. I know he brought Friedel in, who has obviously gone onto be a big success but here he didn't really make it - hindsight is a wonderful thing because people say how much of a mistake it was but at the time of us selling Brad I don't remember too many people complaining.

While Warner, Stensgard and Neilsen were never given the chance despite James being a total f**k up at times.

From that time I'd of snapped up Nigel Martyn, was the best keeper in the League behind Schmichael (who we wouldn't of got).

I think you're right mate, I think Roy was a bit blind to Jamo, he seemed to rate him very highly.

If you look from the outside though, James had the lot to potentially be a top class keeper, he had all the physical attributes, he may well have always looked fantastic in training.. He just switched off at times during games and that cost us far too often.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #99: Feb 09, 2012 09:17:02 pm
      It was his decision making that let him down. He'd come for crosses that he couldn't possibly win, stay on his line when he should of been out an come rushing out when he should of just stayed put. He's made those errors throughout his career and it was just a shame he made so many with us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #100: Feb 09, 2012 10:04:10 pm

While Warner, Stensgard and Neilsen were never given the chance despite James being a total F**k up at times.

Stensgaard was a good keeper at the time and would of made it had it been for the dislocated shoulder when setting up an ironing board!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #101: Feb 09, 2012 10:06:06 pm
      Stensgaard was a good keeper at the time and would of made it had it been for the dislocated shoulder when setting up an ironing board!

It's a cracking story that one. It's one of those you wouldn't believe if somebody on the street told you.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #102: Feb 29, 2012 11:55:58 pm
      Jamie Redknapp is an abosulute disgrace to his profession and his past as captain of our great club. After slagging off Suarez for not having the bottle to take a penalty in the final he is now putting together piecemeals advocating why Parker is the perfect choice for England captaincy.

An absolute bellend of the highest order!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #103: Mar 01, 2012 08:48:09 am
      I meant to post in here after the final but forgot for obvious reasons.

The reason?

Mark Lawrenson.

The man is an absolute c**t and was his usual sniping self during the whole game and as someone said in the match thread he seems to have forgotton which club made him what he is and helped him get the job he has.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #104: Mar 01, 2012 08:59:27 am
      Jamie Redknapp is an abosulute disgrace to his profession and his past as captain of our great club. After slagging off Suarez for not having the bottle to take a penalty in the final he is now putting together piecemeals advocating why Parker is the perfect choice for England captaincy.

Spot on mate. I was fuming at his comments on Sunday. Considering he is an ex-captain of this club he really seems to bear a huge grudge against us.   
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #105: Mar 01, 2012 09:35:19 am
      Mark Lawrenson.

The man is an absolute c**t and was his usual sniping self during the whole game

Oh he's a c**t alright Si. A c**t who suffers, like many others sadly, from "Look at me, I used to play for Liverpool but I'm not biased." syndrome. He just brings it to a whole new level.

In his attempts to ingratiate himself with Ferguson he actually goes over the top with the non-stop mocking of all things Liverpool. I find it disgusting that the man has so little integrity he'd rather pander to anti-Reds hysteria and Ferguson than run the risk of losing a few quid from his 'unbiased' commentary.

The man is a F***ing disgrace of a human being.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #106: Mar 01, 2012 09:54:02 am
      I meant to post in here after the final but forgot for obvious reasons.

The reason?

Mark Lawrenson.

The man is an absolute c**t and was his usual sniping self during the whole game and as someone said in the match thread he seems to have forgotton which club made him what he is and helped him get the job he has.

I recorded the televised match on  BBC 1 to watch it when I got back from the game,and lawrenson was having digs at Liverpool from the kick off,and all reds fans could hear what side he wanted to win!.
      In the end I turned the volume down.as for redknapp I take no notice of him either,he didn't pick the players to take the pens so what the F**k has it got to do with him?.(F**k all)IMO Kenny picked the right players to take the pens and we got the job done,end of.as for Parker getting the captaincy in last nights friendly I was a bit surprised but not arsed as gerrard has got nothing to prove,and he's the reds captain and that's all I'm bothered about. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #107: Mar 01, 2012 10:00:30 am

Agreed. Frankly I actually forget the lad wore the armband for our club, such is my disdain for him and what he does these days. And then when I'm reminded of it, F**k. Just a disgrace really. How a lad can go from wearing the armband to such a hateful creature shows he never had the character to even pull on the shirt, let alone the band. c**t.

I'm more and more inclined to turn the volume way down these days. Unfortunately I love to hear the noise of the actual game, so its a constant battle.
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #108: Mar 01, 2012 02:54:41 pm
      Jamie Redknapp loves our club, he just had an opinion that doesn't sit with some. To hate so much for that is abit daft I reckon. It seems we have many ex players in the media and they sometimes tell it how it is, that doesnt suit peoples agenda's sometimes. I hated the thought of Gary Neville telling me about games, but you know what? He does a decent job and has praised us when warrented. He gets abuse from Utd fans about this. Is the picture becoming clear yet?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #109: Mar 01, 2012 08:01:59 pm

Complete tw*t comes to mind.
      Repulses me.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #110: Mar 01, 2012 08:26:15 pm
      Really sad when Gary Neville may be the best pundit out there.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #111: Mar 01, 2012 08:28:48 pm
      Really sad when Gary Neville may be the best pundit out there.
      I know he has form, but in comparison to many other pundits, Rat Face is fairly unbiased in regards to us. 
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #112: Mar 01, 2012 08:35:51 pm
      Waddle, Durham, Tyler, Lawrenson, Champion, Smith, Keys, Gray, Wilkins

I love the mute button me  ;)
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #113: Mar 01, 2012 08:49:31 pm
      I know he has form, but in comparison to many other pundits, Rat Face is fairly unbiased in regards to us. 

I think he has purposely been unbiased when it comes to us and he is right to do so. He wouldn't have lasted very long if he didn't in my opinion.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #114: Mar 01, 2012 08:57:17 pm
      I like pundits who don't carry over their biases from their playing days in to the booth. I don't like pundits who overcompensate, ala Redknapp, Lawrenson, etc. I think Macca is a good one too, although he can be a little harsh on Liverpool sometimes.

Quick Reply