Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429962 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators.
      Reply #23: Jan 09, 2011 10:53:10 pm
      To be honest, if you let it get to you then you can't of been following football for very long.

It's only ever mattered what the fans believe at this club. The press don't come into it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2011 12:20:49 am
      Hmm, just a weird question but what does everyone think of Steve McMahon?

He's always on ESPN in Asia so he's usually the pundit for me.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2011 05:12:09 am
      I heard a few of Steve Mc's comments and he seems to be going the same way as the rest.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2011 09:04:55 am
      Admitted I yet read or see much enough (mostly I just see in this forum) what people we called them legend or ex-players wrote or said but as far as I see it's just easy they want to keep their job and money. They know well that write or saying positive about Liverpool cause bad effect their career. We don't need to care much, just my opinion.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2011 09:34:25 am
      F**k the commentators and bullshitters, they're all part of the cosy FA smoke screen that shrouds their inefficiency and corruption.
      Why the hell is there not a Hi-Tech monitoring system in this day and age to give a 100% reliable decision on the cheating, diving arseholes like Berbatov who by rights should have been booked for his play acting on more than one occasion.
      The answer is the same for EUFA and the FA and that is there is a set up of individuals who are paid obscene amounts of money to do nothing but spread confusion and seek to impose backward looking infrastructure that is riddled with corruption.
      Give the "officials" flags and whistles to play with and let technology take precedent.
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 09:50:49 am by stuey »
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2011 09:48:36 am
      Lawro was f**king miserable on Radio 5. Is he jealous at Kenny?

Amazingly Sam Allardyce said this - 'It was never a penalty'. Shock horror!

yea i nearly fell off my seat when he said that. looks like his uncle fergie won't be inviting him round for the usual after game whisky/spanking.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2011 10:06:37 am
      I remember reading a year or two back that of all football 'fans' in the country about 15% supported LFC.

Now, if you work for a national TV station/radio (which obviously pays more than local radio/TV), are you going to last longer pleasing the 85% or the 15%.

Sad fact, but true.

In some cases, such as John Aldridge, you can please the locals when you're talking to local radio/LFC.TV AND then say something entirely different when you're talking to the 85%, such as your national Irish newspaper column.

Hansen's another interesting case.  His BBC columns are usually much different to when he is in the Liverpool matchday magazine.

There are very few ex-players in the media who I listen to.  I always make sure I know what they are saying and in what context.  Phil Thompson is one who will stick up for the reds generally, even on a national broadcaster such as Sky.  David Fairclough, similarly.

Aldo, Lawro, Barnes, Hansen, Neal, Beglin, Houghton, Whelan, Souness all play to their galleries.  They should remember which club helped get them their jobs in the first place.
      Top post JD, and bang on the money, only last week against Blackburn Hansen sat on the fence in MOTD studio, he usually says how it is but not that time, it seems pundits ex-players and the like dont like to critisize fellow professionals like Hodgson in our case, anyone to a man could recognise where Hodgson was going wrong but yet wouild'nt tell it how it was, strange when those professionals had played in teams who were successful and were aware of how some things work and some dont, again in our case we have people like Hansen, Lawro, Beglin, Souness, Aldo, Barnes, Houghton et al all backing Hodgson and being sympathetic, inheriting a crap squad etc etc, but not one says his tactics were sh*t, he played to defensive or too negative.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2011 12:02:27 pm
      Can't wait to see who will be the first to come out and criticise Dalglish....
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2011 12:46:21 pm
      I've seen/heard a few things where there have been emails read out and the ones questioning Dalglish are all from non-Liverpool fans... and then put it forward as a genuine concern.

... Wait a minute lads, I'd expect a Newcastle fan or a Chelsea fan to raise knee-jerk objections but you don't hear that from us. So what does it f**king matter what another fan thinks? I'll tell you what it matters, it matters because they all want to discuss those points because they have an agenda and probably pretty scared. Who will they obsessively label as in 'crisis' in a few weeks time?

Every Liverpool fan and proper footballing man interviewed has expressed positive opinions about Dalglish's abilities and quashed the myth that he hasn't seen football in 10 years but no... we have these f**king morons pushing their bitterness.

They are in a state of shock and I can't F***ing wait to see them form an orderly queue to kiss our arse's when we are back on top!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2011 12:51:58 pm
      Can't wait to see who will be the first to come out and criticise Dalglish....
      On here or in General?. cant see anyone on here its possibly only 6 months to enjoy him.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2012 10:10:52 am
      Hope I'm in the right thread here, but just can't get over the little c**t on setanta last night. Was browsing the net to see if I could find his name, but no luck. He was being the biggest c**t and no matter the fact that we won it 5-1, we were just too unconvincing for him. He was really pissing me off with his poor comments about everything in our game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2012 10:18:25 am
      Rats out of their holes chasing the filthy money.
      They forget who used to pay their mortgages and finance their flash car.
      No honour. 
      Sleep with it if you can.

Youre all talking complete bollocks. Who are you now anyway.? Retired nobodys.

Im f***ing on one today. !  ;D
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2012 10:49:24 am
      Hope I'm in the right thread here, but just can't get over the little c**t on setanta last night. Was browsing the net to see if I could find his name, but no luck. He was being the biggest c**t and no matter the fact that we won it 5-1, we were just too unconvincing for him. He was really pissing me off with his poor comments about everything in our game.

i forgot about posting about him because of our great win but i thought about it during the first half a bit. he was quite annoying and kept talking about how unfamiliar the back four must be with each other and how it was a "rare go" for coates, anyone who is at least unbiased in their commentary would probably mention that he is doing well when he gets his time and has the obvious role of learning from carra skrtel and agger for this season at least. he did sound like a snivelling small man so he didn't annoy me too much but you could tell he doesn't keep up with LFC so F**k him!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2012 11:06:30 am
      Quote from JD
      Aldo, Lawro, Barnes, Hansen, Neal, Beglin, Houghton, Whelan, Souness all play to their galleries.  They should remember which club helped get them their jobs in the first place.

Souness prefers RTE where they let him say whatever he likes. But the time when he went too far was his analysis of our 8-0 win against Besiktas, when he told their viewers that Liverpool "didn't play well tonight". I then called for a boycott by our fans of their LFC coverage. Nobody cared. They called it "entertaining" instead, so that's what you're up against.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2012 12:27:58 pm
       Tell you who is more pro us than most, (and I know I'll get slagged for saying it) Sounness.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2012 12:43:51 pm
      Tell you who is more pro us than most, (and I know I'll get slagged for saying it) Sounness.
      Not by me I still love Souey he had the balls to apologise for his error and has given solid support since.
      The rest are self serving parasites.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2012 03:01:44 pm
      Guy on Setanta kept saying Reina only likes to punch the ball and never catches. Really pissed me off such a stupid comment think the whole broadcast was slapped together last night. He was on his own and hadnt a lot to say lucky we scored 5 otherwise he would have been fu**ed. The commentary on setanta is piss poor at the best of times.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40: Jan 07, 2012 03:40:34 pm
      I was watching the brum wolves game on Setanta.They were talking about pies not the game it was awful commentary and the ground was only 2/3 full for a Derby fa cup game.
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 07, 2012 07:32:06 pm
      The end of the day,do you not think theyd all be singing our praises if we were playing football of the highest calibre? Being a Liverpool supporter you must have tuned in to watch great attacking teams doing the business because they were a pleasure to watch?.And yes that inclues me!! When were producing drivel.I agree to a certain extent that the likes of Lawrenson does tend to have had a sprinkle or several of "Manc moon dust sprinkled on him!" as for a couple of others i agree aswell,but as an ex proffesional footballer your hardly going to go on tv and call a spade..a red are you? It doesnt matter if its coursing through your veins does it.As for Hansen im sure he'd love nothing better than to see the title head back to Liverpool but the end of the day until Liverpool are putting 4 or 5 past the likes of Wigan Blackburn and Norwich and challenging for the title then you can hardly blame the guy for sitting on the fence can you?
      welshy7777
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 07, 2012 07:33:39 pm
      I was watching the brum wolves game on Setanta.They were talking about pies not the game it was awful commentary and the ground was only 2/3 full for a Derby fa cup game.
      f**k me you must have been bored......Dear diary...memo must get out more!!!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #43: Jan 07, 2012 07:55:42 pm
      I wont slagg him either,he was a epic player for us one of my favourites,and he apologized for his mass balls up very emotionally,he just tells it as he see,s it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #44: Jan 07, 2012 08:11:44 pm
      I posted in the live stream last night that commentator said something along the lines that KD and Dickov were very similar players, other than in terms of quality.

You couldn't make up sh#te like that
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Jan 07, 2012 08:25:10 pm
      I posted in the live stream last night that commentator said something along the lines that KD and Dickov were very similar players, other than in terms of quality.

You couldn't make up sh#te like that

Other than them being both Scottish, there is no comparison between the two.

Quick Reply