Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429941 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1242: Dec 06, 2018 10:47:00 am
      Was watching a Canadian stream and Ian Dowie was doing the commentary,he was alright kinda waffled on a point long after an incident but seemed to like us,that's a plus.

Supposedly a Liverpool fan is Dowie, remember seeing an interview with him when he still played professing his love for us.

Talks absolute sh*te as a commentator though. I haven't got a F***ing clue what he was waffling about half the time last night.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1243: Dec 06, 2018 10:50:10 am
      Was watching a Canadian stream and Ian Dowie was doing the commentary,he was alright kinda waffled on a point long after an incident but seemed to like us,that's a plus.

Ah, was that who it was.  Yeah, he was banging on about our 'defensive structure' at one point.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1244: Dec 06, 2018 11:05:25 am
      Supposedly a Liverpool fan is Dowie, remember seeing an interview with him when he still played professing his love for us.

Talks absolute sh*te as a commentator though. I haven't got a f**king clue what he was waffling about half the time last night.

Did you hear the bit early doors where he went on about using Gomez at RB being a risk because TAA is rapid......when it’s common knowledge that the squad consider Joe quickest.......?

That was bizarre.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1245: Dec 06, 2018 02:14:24 pm
      Did you hear the bit early doors where he went on about using Gomez at RB being a risk because TAA is rapid......when it’s common knowledge that the squad consider Joe quickest.......?

That was bizarre.

Dowie was waffling like a good 'un.
      He was cracking me up at times.
      Absolute loon.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1246: Dec 06, 2018 03:37:01 pm
      So glad it wasn't just me who was confused a little by Dowie...

I know he likes (as do many fans) the good old days of full blooded contact, but to praise every challenge made in the first 20 mins and say 'not a foul' was crazy. Then to blame the advertising board for Gomez was infuriating... Anyone watching could see there was an injury waiting to happen - personally I think the ref should have done more early on to stop the Burnley lads and there 'tactics'...

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1247: Dec 06, 2018 03:46:15 pm
      I wonder if they count dodgy streams in the viewing numbers!yay Sportsnet or was this a generic Prem international commentary team was it the same on nbc gold if anyone watched that?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1248: Dec 24, 2018 08:45:21 am
      Mick Mcarthy on goals on Sunday talking about M/C being team of the season so far , just how he come to that conclusion being we’re top and the only unbeaten team in the league , perhaps that’s why he’s fckin useless manager his eyes and brain don’t work in unison .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1249: Dec 24, 2018 08:57:22 am
      That c**t Kevin Kilbane was the 2nd commentator for the Wolves game. Couldn't help but be a biased Bitter c**t!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1250: Dec 24, 2018 09:40:22 am
      Let them keep on about City that's fine by me let them all heap praise on Pep that will be fine by Jürgen we can go about our business and now they wax lyrical about UTD's revival and push for the title after beating the formidable Cardiff
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1251: Jan 07, 2019 08:38:59 pm
      Jermaine Jenas has to be among the worst around.

Boring and clueless to go with it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1252: Jan 07, 2019 09:58:50 pm
      I've said it before but Sheare has to have the most arrogant smug look in football.

The whole BBC panel and commentary team tonight has been as dire as I've seen.

And there's been some competition in recent years.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1253: Jan 07, 2019 10:44:38 pm
      I've said it before but Sheare has to have the most arrogant smug look in football.

The standard of the commentators is equally as bad ,& to think some of  our licence fee goes towards there wages
      As for lineker he needs to sort that goatee out ,he looks like shaggy outa scooby doo the pr**k.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1254: Jan 07, 2019 10:50:06 pm
      The standard of the commentators is equally as bad ,& to think some of  our licence fee goes towards there wages
      As for lineker he needs to sort that goatee out ,he looks like shaggy outa scooby doo the pr**k.

I said it a few years back that MOTD and the coverage in general needs a total revamp.

I'm fed up with these idiot ex pros on talking nonsense and sounding like you'd get better insight from a guy down the pub.

Lineker isn't the worst but his presenting style is getting very weird.

I'd love them to totally bin it and bring in someone like James Richardson to present along with some actual experts to talk about the game.

I don't need Jermaine Jenas, Danny Murphy, Phil Neville, Alan Shearer and the like to literally sit there and tell me what I've already seen or even worse talk absolute nonsense.

Ian Wright grew on me as at least he doesn't take himself too seriously unlike the rest of the mob.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1255: Jan 07, 2019 10:51:11 pm
      you guys need to get LFCTV much better post match analysis
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1256: Jan 07, 2019 11:42:55 pm

Said it recently too, mate. They must have the worst panel on tv behind BeIN Sports with Keys and Gray. Woeful line up, bar Linekar.

Jenas sounded like he had his house riding on us getting a win. The amount of sh*t he spewed...!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1257: Jan 07, 2019 11:45:24 pm
      Said it recently too, mate. They must have the worst panel on tv behind BeIN Sports with Keys and Gray. Woeful line up, bar Linekar.

Jenas sounded like he had his house riding on us getting a win. The amount of sh*t he spewed...!

Absolute garbage Crouchy.

It'll never change though as it caters to the casual fan who probably think Shearer, Murphy and the like know what they're talking about.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1258: Jan 07, 2019 11:46:48 pm
      Sound down these days, fast forward through motd analysis. Happy days.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1259: Jan 07, 2019 11:53:30 pm
      They take themselves so seriously as well which added to the poor insight just makes it worse.

I watch the NFL show just after MOTD and the difference is night and day.

I'm a casual watcher of NFL but know a bit about the game so can't totally comment on how good Osi and Jason Bell are but the difference is they have fun and Mark Chapman is good as well.

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1260: Jan 08, 2019 06:21:29 pm
      Jermaine jenas is the absolute pits. Has this huge opinion of himself too, there is a clip from BT Sport, I think it was Stevie, John Hartson, Steve Mcmanaman and Jenas and Stevie has told a little story about when he was breaking through and how things were in training etc and then Jenas pipes up saying how he was ‘a bit of a name’ and the seniors were out to get him and he had to prove them wrong.

You can literally see Stevie cringe as Jenas talks.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1261: Jan 09, 2019 12:10:15 am
      To be fair to Jermaine Jenas, I don't mind him as compared to Alan 'send you to sleep' Shearer's defensive analyses.

Haven't read into what he's said, however, the media are constantly spewing bile on us over the last few weeks. Which is odd as they were seemingly rooting for us at the start of the season?

Don't understand the stigma at all. We're boiling piss just by breathing, it seems... they'll try anything in the attempt to sabotage our run in the league.

Hell won't freeze over if we win the league, do they not understand this?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1262: Jan 13, 2019 11:51:04 pm
      Listening to that ex Arse thick cockney bi*ch Alex Scott trying to say Birningam.
      Cant even speak properly.
      So F***ing annoying.

Sounds like Alfie Solomons from Peaky Blinders who at least mispronounces it with class.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1263: Jan 14, 2019 09:19:59 am
      Phil McNulty saying Spurs will benefit from their United loss because now United won't want Pochettino. Morelike Phil McNumpty!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1264: Jan 14, 2019 09:46:05 am
      Phil McNulty saying Spurs will benefit from their United loss because now United won't want Pochettino. Morelike Phil McNumpty!

Quick Reply