Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429768 times
      cragglew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1449: Sep 12, 2019 10:32:51 pm
      Nearly every pundit/commentator gets on my nerves. Keown finishes every setence with a question. So he is probably my worst. Same goes for the ones in Rugby League. Just downright annoying.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1450: Sep 13, 2019 06:38:21 pm
      It's incredible just how much arse licking and attention of this bang average football club is given. BBC Sport aka BBC Salford rarely go a day when a blog piece or main headline (that doesn't warrant being reported on anyway) isn't related to Man Utd.

Expect the BBC to plunder the hype train on Daniel James. You can bet they'll say he's the next Cristiano Ronaldo.

Next Ryan Giggs surely!!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1451: Sep 14, 2019 02:39:01 pm
      Paul Scholes is a bitter and biased c**t. Calling Salah the most selfish man in football and even having a sly dig at not passing when he scored today and then claimed the Matip decision wasn't a pen. Pathetic.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1452: Sep 14, 2019 02:59:12 pm
      Had to listen to the first half on Talksport, commentator wasn't great but the co-commentator was insightful, interesting and interesting, just a shame he sounded like he was at his fifth funeral in four days, just found out his dog died and his wife left him.

Wanted to shout cheer up you miserable F**k.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1453: Sep 21, 2019 10:44:12 am
      Not sure many will agree but think Roy Keane good edition to Sky Sports. Apart from the disrespect he has for the greatest most successful manager of our era he certainly wears his heart on his sleeve  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1454: Sep 21, 2019 12:01:12 pm
      Not sure many will agree but think Roy Keane good edition to Sky Sports. Apart from the disrespect he has for the greatest most successful manager of our era he certainly wears his heart on his sleeve  ;D

Yes he is a great addition Keith, at least he'll say it as he sees it, similar to Souness,  as for the successful era bit, do you mean 'our' as in MU, or as in the era we are all in, which in essence would mean since the invention of football by sky sports '93',
      We all know that 'Sir Bob' was the most successful having won more in a shorter period of time.

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1455: Sep 21, 2019 02:59:43 pm
      Don't know who the comm was on this morning's match but his description of Harry Kane's goal vs. Leicester should be reserved for something like saving babies from  burning building. Totally forgot that the only reason Kane was on the deck in the first place was that he took a dive looking for a penalty. OK, he scored, but the description was like an introduction to some Roman Emperor or something. Calm down.

Anyone know the comm's name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpNftyKlMWY

This is more enjoyable when you know that Spurs went on TO LOSE.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1456: Sep 21, 2019 03:44:11 pm

Yes he is a great addition Keith, at least he'll say it as he sees it, similar to Souness,  as for the successful era bit, do you mean 'our' as in MU, or as in the era we are all in, which in essence would mean since the invention of football by sky sports '93',
      We all know that 'Sir Bob' was the most successful having won more in a shorter period of time.

YNWA

I would love to see Souness and Keane team up like Neville & Carragher do. I swear it would match up perfectly. I've openly said Souness up there as one of my favourite pundits.

Sir Bob was up there with the best no doubt. However, facts remain he never won as much as Sir Alex.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1457: Sep 21, 2019 04:28:21 pm
      I would love to see Souness and Keane team up like Neville & Carragher do. I swear it would match up perfectly. I've openly said Souness up there as one of my favourite pundits.

Sir Bob was up there with the best no doubt. However, facts remain he never won as much as Sir Alex.

Sorry to piss in your Boddingtons mate, but Ferguson won 19 trophies in 17 years...
      Whereas, Sir Bob won 20 trophies in 9 years.....including 3 European cups, and to date...Liverpool Football club remain thee most successful Football club in British Footballing history.

YNWA
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1458: Sep 21, 2019 04:44:17 pm

Well he won more European cups than him and was in charge for less than half the time Slur was and at a time when you had to be champions to enter. Ferguson had how many attempts at it?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1459: Sep 21, 2019 06:00:41 pm
      We've gone off topic here  :f_doh:  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1460: Sep 22, 2019 12:02:31 pm
      Might go down the bookies and have a fiver on Keane strangling Gary Neville live on air before October is out!!
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1461: Sep 22, 2019 12:21:05 pm
      Might go down the bookies and have a fiver on Keane strangling Gary Neville live on air before October is out!!

Can only F***ing hope
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1462: Sep 22, 2019 12:25:19 pm

I think I'd go crazy sitting next to Neville. Then again everything he came out with I'd just respond with 'yeah but...Valencia'.

Similar to Steve McManaman on BT Sport he struggles to keep his gob shut especially on co commentator duty. Sometimes you've just got to let the picture and the sound of the crowd do a little bit of the commentary for you like Barry Davies would do. Today's commentators just love the sound of their own voice.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1463: Sep 22, 2019 12:42:53 pm
      Richard Keys should be made to commentate on all our games.

Top entertainment watching him squirm about as we win win win

😂😂😂😂🤷🏼ā€ā™‚ļø
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1464: Sep 22, 2019 12:53:34 pm

I'm interested if his opinion of us has changed after he said we weren't a big team until we won a trophy.

Also when he said we had no chance of making the champions league final 2 years ago. 2 years later we have been to 2.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1465: Sep 22, 2019 07:45:01 pm
      Watched the game on a stream that was NBC or something like that. Think it was Lee Dixon and someone else with him commentating. Swear every time Salah passed to someone other than Mane they said ā€œSalah ignores Maneā€.

People are desperate for there to be an issue there arenā€™t they.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1466: Sep 22, 2019 08:16:10 pm
      We really will send Martin Tyler into retirement if we win the title won't we. Can really feel the pain in his voice now when we score or win a game.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1467: Sep 22, 2019 08:35:33 pm
      How the f**k is that fossil, Tyler the T**t, still getting a gig?

Sucks the f**king life out of games.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1175801504894193671?s=19
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1468: Sep 22, 2019 08:43:35 pm
      After the game Sky had the usual suspects in a semi circle..Carra,Souness,JoMo,Gob almighty Keane.Most of the time they slagged off United. Rightly so..Chronic team and manager.

Tyler is always going after us...Carra should put something in his tea...give him the Eartha Kits..
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1469: Sep 22, 2019 08:49:59 pm
      How the f**k is that fossil, Tyler the T**t, still getting a gig?

Sucks the f**king life out of games.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1175801504894193671?s=19

Was Trent doing bunny shadows...certainly their keeper was chasing shadows.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1470: Sep 22, 2019 08:51:44 pm
      We really will send Martin Tyler into retirement if we win the title won't we. Can really feel the pain in his voice now when we score or win a game.
      A&E I recon mate,wish he would F**k right off.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1471: Sep 22, 2019 09:45:24 pm
      F***ing Tyler today.

We're good, get over it you old c**t.

Quick Reply