Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429995 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1472: Sep 22, 2019 10:38:15 pm
      Watched the game on a stream that was NBC or something like that. Think it was Lee Dixon and someone else with him commentating. Swear every time Salah passed to someone other than Mane they said ā€œSalah ignores Maneā€.

People are desperate for there to be an issue there arenā€™t they.

It's Arlo White who keeps going on about that. The one I'm thinking of Mo was a step away from getting a classic Mo shot off, and Sadio looked to be marked out of the move.

Arlo also is a big Man United fan, but more recently makes a point of talking up Man City. He was interviewing Trent after the game and was asking him about how great Man City are.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1473: Sep 22, 2019 10:44:17 pm
      Would rather listen to bonnie tyler than martin F***ing tyler
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1474: Sep 23, 2019 07:20:01 am
      Would rather listen to bonnie tyler than martin f**king tyler

Correction...I'd rather listen to Bonnie Tyler have a sh*t than listen to Martin f***in Tyler.....there, fixed it for ya 😁

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1475: Sep 23, 2019 11:12:44 am
      Gonna stop listening to the after match pundit chat on sky etc. much prefer the chat on LFC.TV.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1476: Sep 23, 2019 02:53:12 pm
      Gonna stop listening to the after match pundit chat on sky etc. much prefer the chat on LFC.TV.

I only watched it to see Keane squirm over United and remembering that he said he would never stoop to punditry..the creep..
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1477: Sep 23, 2019 03:21:51 pm
      Sorry to piss in your Boddingtons mate, but Ferguson won 19 trophies in 17 years...
      Whereas, Sir Bob won 20 trophies in 9 years.....including 3 European cups, and to date...Liverpool Football club remain thee most successful Football club in British Footballing history.

YNWA

Depends how you look at it. Celtic have won their domestic league 50 times, so you could argue that they are a more successful British team than both ourselves & United if you really wanted to

I think in terms of major honours (League Titles, European Cups, Uefa Cups, Cup Winners Cups, FA Cups & League Cups) we're both level on 42. Hopefully that will change in our favour come May though!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1478: Sep 23, 2019 04:33:49 pm
      Depends how you look at it. Celtic have won their domestic league 50 times, so you could argue that they are a more successful British team than both ourselves & United if you really wanted to

To be regarded among the best, you've got to at least win the European Cup more than once, sooooooooo Celtic can F**k rarr off!!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1479: Sep 23, 2019 06:59:05 pm

I think in terms of major honours (League Titles, European Cups, Uefa Cups, Cup Winners Cups, FA Cups & League Cups) we're both level on 42. Hopefully that will change in our favour come May though!

Your having a giraffe...right ?

How Can You compare Celtic's history  to ours, without being disrespectful to Celtic's achievements and history they are poles apart compared to Liverpool FC,

As a club, Liverpool FC has achieved thing's most football clubs can only dream of, and i include Celtic in there, 50 Scottish League titles although commendable just isn't in the same league,  no pun intended.

YNWA
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1480: Sep 23, 2019 07:11:43 pm
      There's something about Moaninho now that makes me want to punch him in the face. Smug little pube.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #1481: Sep 23, 2019 08:08:26 pm

I think you'll find calling Celtic British though it's factual may hurt there're feelings quite a bit, they can be quite touchy about flags and stuff 🤔
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1482: Sep 24, 2019 12:56:08 am
      Listen to this c**t Tyler, sounds miserable!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1175845225874563073
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1483: Sep 24, 2019 03:01:17 pm
      There's something about Moaninho now that makes me want to punch him in the face. Smug little pube.

What, Only now ? Ive wanted to smash the arrogant little tw*t ever sine he said he was 'the special one'
      And the manager of the most negative anti football side ever to win the CL. in its history.   Weird, they never won it, they just failed to lose it, then snatched it on pens. Disgracefull barrel of cu*ts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1484: Sep 24, 2019 04:41:48 pm

To be fair, he still F***ing loves us. Has always wanted to manage us and his words about our singing of YNWA in madrid on bein sports were special.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1485: Sep 24, 2019 07:02:48 pm
      The man is a spoilt brat
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1486: Sep 25, 2019 10:10:26 am
      To be fair, he still f**king loves us. Has always wanted to manage us and his words about our singing of YNWA in madrid on bein sports were special.

Yeah, know he's said nice things about us - but wouldn't trust him as far as could punt him, and so glad he never got to manage us, cause he'd have left us in sh*te like he's left other teams.

And now the commentary/pundit thing, sittin there looking smug and superior, like he hadn't ballsed up in recent years in mgmt., spouting sh*te a fair bit of the time, getting little jibes in.
      I'm no Chavs fan, but think Lampard is handling himself well, and he made a comment on Sunday after loosing, something like 'the fans are supportive right now and will give us some time', and Maureen turned it into 'they should watch out cause you don't want to get used to loosing', which is obviously true, but Frank had already said he understands he needs to start cutting out errors and getting results, Moaninho just turned it in a really annoying way. Dunno, hard to explain, but he has a turn of phrase that makes you want to clock him.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1487: Sep 25, 2019 02:30:22 pm
      To be fair, he still f**king loves us. Has always wanted to manage us and his words about our singing of YNWA in madrid on bein sports were special.

All heā€™s about is getting his arse into Anfield as manager after Klopp. Itā€™ll be his first BIG club to manage and heā€™ll creep all he can to try and slither in.
      Slimy two faced c**t. What did he say after the game when Stevie slipped ?
      Oh yeah, ā€œHa ! They thought the clowns were comingā€
      Total w**ker if you ask me. Never want to see him at Anfield even as a spectator.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1488: Sep 25, 2019 04:28:29 pm
      Dont want to see him in anfeild ever
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1489: Sep 25, 2019 04:45:25 pm
      All heā€™s about is getting his arse into Anfield as manager after Klopp. Itā€™ll be his first BIG club to manage and heā€™ll creep all he can to try and slither in.
      Slimy two faced c**t. What did he say after the game when Stevie slipped ?
      Oh yeah, ā€œHa ! They thought the clowns were comingā€
      Total w**ker if you ask me. Never want to see him at Anfield even as a spectator.

I think his days with a big club are over. The game has changed from the style where he won all his trophies. People tolerated his personality when he could win them trophies, but now that he's not in synch, who wants a tw*t like that around?

Maybe he will manage Portugal for the World Cup, he's mentioned that in the past . Otherwise, job assignments (if he goes anywhere) will probably start looking more and more desperate.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1490: Sep 25, 2019 05:29:02 pm
      Dont want to see him in anfeild ever

Cleaning the toilets perhaps
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1491: Sep 26, 2019 08:10:49 pm
      Yeah, know he's said nice things about us - but wouldn't trust him as far as could punt him, and so glad he never got to manage us, cause he'd have left us in sh*te like he's left other teams.

And now the commentary/pundit thing, sittin there looking smug and superior, like he hadn't ballsed up in recent years in mgmt., spouting sh*te a fair bit of the time, getting little jibes in.
      I'm no Chavs fan, but think Lampard is handling himself well, and he made a comment on Sunday after loosing, something like 'the fans are supportive right now and will give us some time', and Maureen turned it into 'they should watch out cause you don't want to get used to loosing', which is obviously true, but Frank had already said he understands he needs to start cutting out errors and getting results, Moaninho just turned it in a really annoying way. Dunno, hard to explain, but he has a turn of phrase that makes you want to clock him.

Not particularly arsed either way just going on stuff I've read about him, in that he's always liked us ever since he saw our 84 team smash Benfica all over the shop in Lisbon and was supposedly who we had decided on as manager in 2004 until he legged it up the Old Trafford touchline and then we went after Rafa.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #1492: Sep 29, 2019 09:46:46 am
      I had a dream last night in which I was watching a football match between LFC and a horde of evil creatures from The Lord of the Rings (or it could have been Man U... difficult to differentiate... after Moyes and Solksjaer, they might as well have done with it and appoint Gollum himself). At one point, Bobby Firmino skipped around a couple of orcs but then was hacked down by an uruk hai who proceeded to tear off Bobby's leg and gnaw on the jetting stump. Suddenly, Steve McManaman pipes up: 'Nah, Fletch, not a foul... there's nothing in that.'
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1493: Sep 29, 2019 11:47:25 am
      Fat Sam on GOS had to turn off to watch songs of praise having sly digs at us left right and centre cant stand him
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1494: Sep 29, 2019 03:07:11 pm
      Fat Sam on GOS had to turn off to watch songs of praise having sly digs at us left right and centre cant stand him

Bit of a throw back to the 60's when a big mouth bloated bluffer could get in. Very few of them played it straight.Backhanders were commonplace. Some had patches of success or less failure than others. Usually found out in the end. Fat Sam did better than the average bluffer.

Quick Reply