Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430087 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1518: Oct 07, 2019 11:21:56 am
      Reading Kenny’s autobiography right now and because of their shared cultural roots it seems our man and Ferguson were good friends and there was a mutual respect between them.

They knew each other before they were famous in glasgow.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #1519: Oct 07, 2019 12:01:21 pm
      Watching MOTD and said to my Mrs during the LFC game - ‘wait for Shearer to say that was never a penalty on Manè’!

Would’ve bet my life on the most biased commentator on MOTD being totally consistent.

https://twitter.com/Valiant_Virgil/status/1180734036026646528/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1180734036026646528&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.empireofthekop.com%2F2019%2F10%2F06%2Freds-fans-are-all-saying-the-same-thing-about-the-sadio-mane-dive%2F
      Care to explain why when Harry Kane does it it’s “smart forward play” but when Sadio Mané does it it’s a “dive”? @alanshearer
      How dare we criticise England’s love child, only foreigners can be divers after all!
      https://twitter.com/MoMoneyMoSaIah/status/1180517613199396864

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1520: Oct 07, 2019 12:52:37 pm

Aaah Lineker, bullshitter supreme, 'his lips move but I cannot hear what he's saying', (apologies to Pink Floyd)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1521: Oct 07, 2019 01:35:38 pm

watch the kenny film that came out last year, they were quite pally in glasgow, kenny met his wife marina in a roundabout way through ferguson (if I remember correctly) Ill have to watch it again myself.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1522: Oct 07, 2019 08:48:00 pm
      Still a c**t
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1523: Oct 08, 2019 10:09:07 am
      If Harry Kane won that penalty they'd have wheeled Elton John out to play Candle in the Wind & sent Albrighton to the tower to be beheaded
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1524: Oct 08, 2019 01:43:03 pm
      Reading Kenny’s autobiography right now and because of their shared cultural roots it seems our man and Ferguson were good friends and there was a mutual respect between them.

Always has been Stuey, think it goes back to their Rangers days, now I'm not entirely sure Kenny was at Ibrox at the same time as Fergie,  before he went to Parkhead, but it's possible,  but of course their both Weegies(Glaswegians) so the respect would be there anyway.

I think Kenny was a youth player at Rangers back then, but was then offered the chance at Celtic by the Legendary Jock Stein.

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1525: Oct 09, 2019 03:49:01 pm

Always has been Stuey, think it goes back to their Rangers days, now I'm not entirely sure Kenny was at Ibrox at the same time as Fergie,  before he went to Parkhead, but it's possible,  but of course their both Weegies(Glaswegians) so the respect would be there anyway.

I think Kenny was a youth player at Rangers back then, but was then offered the chance at Celtic by the Legendary Jock Stein.

YNWA

Erm, Kenny lived in Govan, near Ibrox, for part of his childhood, but I don't think he ever played for Rangers' youth teams. I know you've been supporting Liverpool for eons longer than me, but I have a lot of Rangers' supporters from my mother's side of the family and I think Kenny was always looked at as one the club missed on (like the miss of the century).

Kenny DID, however, sign on to be some kind of club advisor/executive for Rangers in the late 90s or early 2000s and that fact is almost totally expunged from history, but it did happen. He was supposed to attract great talent to the club from all of his connections.

Don't worry, Celtic fans, I know all he really did for Rangers was play golf at David Murray's course and get some moneybag types to join him for a while as a representative of a sporting company. But he did join the executive team at Rangers for a bit. I don't think it lasted even a year. But I don't think he ever played for a Rangers youth team.

Here's an article from back then.
      https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/daglish-to-aid-rangers-1.119006
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1526: Oct 14, 2019 09:02:49 pm
      Racist chants by Bulgarian supporters and total disgust shown by the pundits at half time in the England game over this.Bout time a stand was made against racism.I support England 100% . Howard Gayle makes the point that if you walk off, the racist win and it gives them a level of power to stop games in the future. It's UEFA I blame. This game should've been played behind closed doors. The comments of the Bulgarian manager didn't help. He should be dealt with by UEFA.

Looks like the racists idiots have been ejected and the game will take it's course.England 5 up. UEFA should still come down on the Bulgarians.
      « Last Edit: Oct 14, 2019 09:14:55 pm by Harrisimo »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #1527: Oct 14, 2019 09:36:54 pm
      No doubt UEFA will find a excuse to blame the English
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #1528: Oct 15, 2019 04:27:43 pm
      Erm, Kenny lived in Govan, near Ibrox, for part of his childhood, but I don't think he ever played for Rangers' youth teams. I know you've been supporting Liverpool for eons longer than me, but I have a lot of Rangers' supporters from my mother's side of the family and I think Kenny was always looked at as one the club missed on (like the miss of the century).

Kenny DID, however, sign on to be some kind of club advisor/executive for Rangers in the late 90s or early 2000s and that fact is almost totally expunged from history, but it did happen. He was supposed to attract great talent to the club from all of his connections.

Don't worry, Celtic fans, I know all he really did for Rangers was play golf at David Murray's course and get some moneybag types to join him for a while as a representative of a sporting company. But he did join the executive team at Rangers for a bit. I don't think it lasted even a year. But I don't think he ever played for a Rangers youth team.

Here's an article from back then.
      https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/daglish-to-aid-rangers-1.119006

You are 100% correct mate, Kenny lived across from Rangers training ground in a high rise, and used to watch them train,  Perhaps I'm wrong then regarding youth football so thx for correcting me,
      Wasn't aware Kenny was a advisor at Ibrox but there you go, you learn something every day.

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1529: Oct 15, 2019 06:51:59 pm
      Racist chants by Bulgarian supporters and total disgust shown by the pundits at half time in the England game over this.Bout time a stand was made against racism.I support England 100% . Howard Gayle makes the point that if you walk off, the racist win and it gives them a level of power to stop games in the future. It's UEFA I blame. This game should've been played behind closed doors. The comments of the Bulgarian manager didn't help. He should be dealt with by UEFA.

Looks like the racists idiots have been ejected and the game will take it's course.England 5 up. UEFA should still come down on the Bulgarians.

You can only conclude, given the Bulgaria managers denials of any racism is that he himself is a racist. His racist opinions are probably the only thing worse than his coaching skills.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1530: Oct 15, 2019 08:45:25 pm
      I don't know who I need to thank but I've not heard Jason Cundy for a while now. It pleases me.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1531: Oct 16, 2019 12:03:09 pm
      You can only conclude, given the Bulgaria managers denials of any racism is that he himself is a racist. His racist opinions are probably the only thing worse than his coaching skills.

I can also conclude that he's deaf.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #1532: Oct 16, 2019 02:43:52 pm
      I can also conclude that he's deaf.

And in denial
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1533: Oct 16, 2019 03:53:34 pm
      I don't know who I need to thank but I've not heard Jason Cundy for a while now. It pleases me.

I always thought it was a T instead of a D  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1534: Oct 16, 2019 07:02:18 pm
      You are 100% correct mate, Kenny lived across from Rangers training ground in a high rise, and used to watch them train,  Perhaps I'm wrong then regarding youth football so thx for correcting me,
      Wasn't aware Kenny was a advisor at Ibrox but there you go, you learn something every day.

YNWA

To be fair, I think Kenny's advice to David Murray was typically along the lines of "I like the 5-iron from here, David. The 4 is a bit strong."  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1535: Oct 16, 2019 07:35:14 pm
      To be fair, I think Kenny's advice to David Murray was typically along the lines of "I like the 5-iron from here, David. The 4 is a bit strong."  ;D

Think kenny was at ibrox on the day of the disaster there although i maybe wrong.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #1536: Oct 17, 2019 11:56:24 am

He must have hit the Green then obviously 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #1537: Oct 17, 2019 12:10:34 pm
      Think kenny was at ibrox on the day of the disaster there although i maybe wrong.

Not so sure mate, disaster was 1971, Kenny was at Parkhead from 1969, so Unless he was playing.....😂 just occurred to me that's probably what you meant.

Silly old f**ker 😂😂😂

Dementia's  a bi*ch

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1538: Oct 17, 2019 03:46:29 pm

Not so sure mate, disaster was 1971, Kenny was at Parkhead from 1969, so Unless he was playing.....😂 just occurred to me that's probably what you meant.

Silly old f**ker 😂😂😂

Dementia's  a bi*ch

YNWA

Not to put too much faith in Wikipedia, but a quick check there says he was in the stand for the game. He had made his first team debut by then (Jan, 1971) but wasn't yet a regular starter. What a sad occasion. Of course a lot of people in the ground would have had no idea what went on until they returned home.

What were we talking about again?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #1539: Oct 21, 2019 08:14:12 pm
      See sky's pundit in the studio is Evera, and there going to talk to him after the game about racism, wonder if he will talk about Suarez, I won't be watching
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1540: Oct 21, 2019 08:18:56 pm
      See sky's pundit in the studio is Evera, and there going to talk to him after the game about racism, wonder if he will talk about Suarez, I won't be watching

Maybe they will talk about the Manc who was ejected yesterday for racist chants or maybe not

Quick Reply