Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429784 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1541: Oct 21, 2019 09:06:09 pm
      The American coverage had rampant Man United fan Arlo White going on and on and on. Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux were reasonable, but the main comm there is just hopelessly about United, even when they are not playing in the match he is calling.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1542: Oct 22, 2019 01:31:53 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1543: Oct 22, 2019 08:05:38 am

Saw this yesterday, Neville was sick  ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1544: Oct 22, 2019 10:37:19 am
      Didn't watch the game last night but saw the footage of Carragher with Evra talking about the infamous T shirt incident. Good that somebody has finally come out and acknowledged what a massive cock up it was.

Still bizarre to look back at now, I think that if that would have been Shelvey or Charlie Adam abusing Evra the club wouldn't have taken the stance that it did. To me now it looks pretty obvious that we were just bending over backwards to accommodate an exceptional talent during a period of mediocrity. We knew how good he was and we let him get away with murder, the biting incident was another example.

Backed Suarez to the hilt at the time myself & bought into all of the spin & character assassinations of Evra, which is a bit embarrassing looking back now. Even more so I think John Terry was involved in a similar incident around the same time & I vaguely remember vilifying him for it while at the same time supporting & making countless excuses for Suarez.

Just shows how tribal it can get at times

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1545: Oct 22, 2019 11:27:47 am
      Didn't watch the game last night but saw the footage of Carragher with Evra talking about the infamous T shirt incident. Good that somebody has finally come out and acknowledged what a massive cock up it was.

Still bizarre to look back at now, I think that if that would have been Shelvey or Charlie Adam abusing Evra the club wouldn't have taken the stance that it did. To me now it looks pretty obvious that we were just bending over backwards to accommodate an exceptional talent during a period of mediocrity. We knew how good he was and we let him get away with murder, the biting incident was another example.

Backed Suarez to the hilt at the time myself & bought into all of the spin & character assassinations of Evra, which is a bit embarrassing looking back now. Even more so I think John Terry was involved in a similar incident around the same time & I vaguely remember vilifying him for it while at the same time supporting & making countless excuses for Suarez.

I dont know whether he did it or not but in a court of law it would have been thrown out due to lack of evidence.

I agree looking back now though that the tshirt campaign was a bad idea. We've come a long way since then I would say both on and off the field.

Evra was good on sky last night, mad a s a box of frogs but you can see he was a big character in their dressing room, whereas they now have Luke Shaw who's the opposite.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1546: Oct 22, 2019 11:45:57 am
      I dont know whether he did it or not but in a court of law it would have been thrown out due to lack of evidence.

I agree looking back now though that the tshirt campaign was a bad idea. We've come a long way since then I would say both on and off the field.

Evra was good on sky last night, mad a s a box of frogs but you can see he was a big character in their dressing room, whereas they now have Luke Shaw who's the opposite.

I think he probably did do it. If you ignore all of the spin which came out afterwards, the facts were that Suarez was involved in an altercation where admitted to calling Evra a "negro" while pinching his skin. The counter argument was that "negro" was used as a term of endearment but Suarez never struck me as the type of person to make an endearing remark about the opposition, especially while in a situation like that.

Evra does seem like a bit of a loon, can imagine he was a massive figure in that dressing room like. Apparently he's ruffled the feathers of the top brass at United lately because he's been coming out with a lot of anti-glazer / woodward remarks so can imagine he's a big favourite with the fans too
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1547: Oct 22, 2019 01:21:28 pm
      Evras a c**t, he was then and is now.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1548: Oct 22, 2019 05:26:16 pm
      Is Carra mates with Tony Evans? cos he wrote an article before the game about this? anyways why bring this up now,still no F***ing proof.racism all over the place,united fan got tossed,they are still singing their murders sh*te but yeah dig this up.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1549: Oct 23, 2019 01:53:12 am

Most did. Pretty shameful. You call a black opponent ‘negreto’, I don’t care the context or what you do in the old country, it has racist undertones. The club, from fans to players to the people running the club shamed the club over that incident
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2019 02:01:30 am by Alfie2510 »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1550: Oct 23, 2019 02:15:24 pm

Most did. Pretty shameful. You call a black opponent ‘negreto’, I don’t care the context or what you do in the old country, it has racist undertones. The club, from fans to players to the people running the club shamed the club over that incident

One person said,something,one person heard something,no-one else did.No F***ing grounds to find anyone guilty.It was sh*t stirring but nowt that should of been a major F***ing incident we are still talking about 8 years on.Evra is a c**t.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1551: Oct 23, 2019 02:38:29 pm
      F***ing Rio wants an apology now!

Wheres his apology for skipping drugs tests?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1552: Oct 23, 2019 03:49:07 pm
      I'm not sure It's Carra's place to apologise, unless it was just a personal thing.But it sounded as if Carra was apologising for the club.

Obviously most backed Suarez at the time.I mean what he did later, teeth wise, doesn't affect the Evra row.

I have no real beef with Evra...and I haven't any real beef with Suarez...fat chance..he'd munch it sharpish..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1553: Oct 23, 2019 09:56:51 pm
      Most of this thread is littered with the bad ones, but Peter Drury is a refreshing change from the usual suspects.

Big fan of his work.

Was funny he was banging on about Genks goal in the first half though when everyone could clearly see it had been ruled out ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1554: Oct 23, 2019 10:03:02 pm
      Most of this thread is littered with the bad ones, but Peter Drury is a refreshing change from the usual suspects.

Big fan of his work.

Was funny he was banging on about Genks goal in the first half though when everyone could clearly see it had been ruled out ;D

One of the better commentators out there and tends to not indule in the pure blagged up bollocks ala Tyler.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1555: Oct 24, 2019 08:20:05 am
      I'm not sure It's Carra's place to apologise, unless it was just a personal thing.But it sounded as if Carra was apologising for the club.

Obviously most backed Suarez at the time.I mean what he did later, teeth wise, doesn't affect the Evra row.

I have no real beef with Evra...and I haven't any real beef with Suarez...fat chance..he'd munch it sharpish..
      Yea Carra can F**k it right off not his place to apologize. He didn’t do his or ours reputation any favors with the spitting incident. Can get right off that high horse.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1556: Oct 27, 2019 06:50:49 pm
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1557: Oct 27, 2019 08:57:02 pm
      It painfull to watch the game with Tyler commentating, made more painfull with rat boy as cocomentator
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #1558: Oct 27, 2019 10:36:02 pm
      It painfull to watch the game with Tyler commentating, made more painfull with rat boy as cocomentator
      Couldn’t even hear the two of them over the crowd when hendo equalised they were both so gutted!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1559: Oct 28, 2019 10:21:49 am
      Did I make this up or was Tyler insinuating that Wijnaldum should potentially be sent off? I’m almost certain he compared a 50/50 involving Gini to Bertrand’s sending off against Leicester.

Then he starts banging on about Kane’s header from 5 yards out. Bizarre.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1560: Oct 28, 2019 06:06:47 pm
      Did I make this up or was Tyler insinuating that Wijnaldum should potentially be sent off? I’m almost certain he compared a 50/50 involving Gini to Bertrand’s sending off against Leicester.

Then he starts banging on about Kane’s header from 5 yards out. Bizarre.

Ha ha yes I thought that when their defender was clattered by his own defender he said challenge not to dissimilar to Bertrands . Think he may need checking out as he clearly is either clueless or ridiculously biased
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1561: Oct 28, 2019 07:06:21 pm
      I watched on the spanish channel.They didn't talk over YNWA at the start and ya man Andres Cantor says "it never gets old" at the end also kinda sings Mo Salah,Mo Salah.The goooollll is still to much for me but miles better than martin tyler.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1562: Oct 28, 2019 09:57:11 pm
      Moving to the print side, today I finally bid farewell to The Echo. When I fell in love with the club 21 years ago, I began a near-daily habit of checking this newspaper's web site. Even as so many other sources of information (including much more access to every live match) became available, I made visiting The Echo a part of my routine.

Increasingly I have been dissatisfied with the content on the site. So many of the articles seemed repetitive and so often the headline became the definition of clickbait as they misled the reader (me at least) into thinking one thing would be covered in the story, when it was not the case.

While I was already unhappy with the publication, what pushed me over the edge to remove it from my tabs, was the insistence on the site managers to load it down with so much HTML hijinx, including pop up ads and videos, with the moving target when trying to hit "Cancel" in the 3 second or so before some subpar video was about to start playing.

I worked in journalism for 15 years so I hate to turn my back on an old newspaper site, but like a number of things, it's not what it used to be and The Athletic has given me some new hope for sports journalism. The Echo instead was a daily exercise in frustration of one type or another so, goodbye old friend. It's not me, it's you.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1563: Oct 29, 2019 08:10:12 am
      Ha ha yes I thought that when their defender was clattered by his own defender he said challenge not to dissimilar to Bertrands . Think he may need checking out as he clearly is either clueless or ridiculously biased

I can answer that for you with 100% certainty.

Tyler is a ridiculously biased w**ker against us.

Quick Reply