Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430396 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4877 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1610: Nov 23, 2019 10:43:58 pm
      Both ex-blues, so you really surprised? :laugh:

Not at all mate.

Shearer and Murphy on MOTD tonight.

The joys.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1611: Nov 23, 2019 11:00:00 pm
      https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1198266909545906177

Lineker, the Final score lot, Merson etc - they are all absolutely hating this. And you know what - it makes it all that bit sweeter.
      Another F***ing w**ker getting paid to chat sh*t on the BBC & BT sport,hope his walkers crisps give him the shits
      The jug eared tw*t.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1612: Nov 23, 2019 11:11:06 pm
      Timmy Sherwood at it again suggesting Lovren went down to easily and he knows CB who would have stayed on their feet. What planet are these people from?! He was shoved from behind had no idea Ayew was behind him and allready had both feet of the ground.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1613: Nov 24, 2019 04:09:30 am
      Think the whole World is waiting for us to F**k up......Well F**k you World!!!

Just watching one of the fights before Wilder - Ortiz. Adam Smith who commentates on the biggest fights for sky doing the usual promotion of footie on sky with upcoming games says "everyone trying to catch Liverpool in the Premier League - I hope no one can"

Another reds fan maybe?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4877 
      Reply #1614: Nov 27, 2019 09:23:20 pm
      Macca's a gobs***e isn't he.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1615: Nov 28, 2019 04:14:04 pm

Too right
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1616: Dec 04, 2019 10:18:45 pm
      Ally McCoist on the commentary tonight on Amazon Prime. Superb, enthusiastic and displaying a genuine love of the match and the players he was watching. Joyful to hear amidst the cynical, sneering, spitting, holier than thou punditry from the likes of Neville, Carragher, McManaman and co.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4877 
      Reply #1617: Dec 04, 2019 10:20:45 pm
      Ally McCoist on the commentary tonight on Amazon Prime. Superb, enthusiastic and displaying a genuine love of the match and the players he was watching. Joyful to hear amidst the cynical, sneering, spitting, holier than thou punditry from the likes of Neville, Carragher, McManaman and co.

He was a breath of fresh air. A joy to have someone who didn't sound biased and who actually sounded like he was enjoying watching a football match.

Amazon in general has been very good tonight.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1618: Dec 04, 2019 10:30:47 pm
      He was a breath of fresh air. A joy to have someone who didn't sound biased and who actually sounded like he was enjoying watching a football match.

Amazon in general has been very good tonight.

Absolutely. And a good punditry team of Henry, Martinez and Crouchy. Puts Sky and BT to shame.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1619: Dec 04, 2019 10:37:06 pm
      I like Ally he is a good lad I loved his explanation of hid No.1 hair cut with the Turkish barber.
      We also have on Amazon 3 men talking about mens football I thought that was banned now.Gaby is a good anchor person so all is good
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1620: Dec 04, 2019 10:39:46 pm
      I like Ally he is a good lad I loved his explanation of hid No.1 hair cut with the Turkish barber.
      We also have on Amazon 3 men talking about mens football I thought that was banned now.Gaby is a good anchor person so all is good

Apart from Ally’s big Sam loving  ;)

Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #1621: Dec 05, 2019 12:25:59 am
      Jermaine Jenus is getting on my wick. He tried to claim VVD should've been sent off and a penalty should've been given. It was 2-1 at the time. Firstly there was minimal contact, VVD was challenging for the ball, it's a contact sport but there was not enough contact to justify a penalty kick. That was clear at the time of the challenge.

So BBC then finish the show with Vardy's penalty ignoring a World class goal by Origi.Crap BBC.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #1622: Dec 05, 2019 05:51:08 am
      Jermaine jenas can suck my fat one. I'm sick of him and his negativity towards our boys.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1623: Dec 05, 2019 07:29:13 am
      Jermaine Jenus is getting on my wick. He tried to claim VVD should've been sent off and a penalty should've been given. It was 2-1 at the time. Firstly there was minimal contact, VVD was challenging for the ball, it's a contact sport but there was not enough contact to justify a penalty kick. That was clear at the time of the challenge.

So BBC then finish the show with Vardy's penalty ignoring a World class goal by Origi.Crap BBC.

And not to mention he can't get sent off and a penalty given.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1624: Dec 05, 2019 08:32:29 am

Don't think a pundit makes me cringe harder than Jenus. Aside from being plain wrong all the time he's so painfully embarrassing to watch and listen to.

Like the kid in school who always pops up with an answer when the teacher never asked anything.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1625: Dec 05, 2019 09:15:06 am
      Never really take much notice of commentators to be able to forge an opinion but I must say Ally McCoist was fantastic last night. A genuinely funny & interesting fella who seemed delighted just to be involved in the occasion. How that man hadn't already been given a top job over all of the usual robots is beyond me
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1626: Dec 05, 2019 09:18:17 am
      Never really take much notice of commentators to be able to forge an opinion but I must say Ally McCoist was fantastic last night. A genuinely funny & interesting fella who seemed delighted just to be involved in the occasion. How that man hadn't already been given a top job over all of the usual robots is beyond me

Agree pal.

Thought he was a breath or fresh air compared to the usual lot we're subject to.

Always did quite like him back in the day on A Question of Sport too.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1627: Dec 05, 2019 09:26:42 am
      Amazon mustve nicked pundits from every other footi show. there were loads. suppose they need them all, when covering every game at same time live on tv. ;D.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1628: Dec 05, 2019 09:31:12 am
      Agree pal.

Thought he was a breath or fresh air compared to the usual lot we're subject to.

Always did quite like him back in the day on A Question of Sport too.

Absolutely. With most commentators now it's as though they've all attended the same training camp, construct their sentences the same way and use all the same cringeworthy buzz words. I completely switch off most of the time as it just comes across as white noise to me now. Even Carra seems as though he's now been fully "institutionalized".

McCoist was boss though, spoke about the game like you'd expect any normal person in the stands or a pub to
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #1629: Dec 05, 2019 10:20:27 am
      Shocking from motd again - jenas is such a jealous c**t and no mention of Origi briliant goals. They said blatand penalty ahahahahahah.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1630: Dec 05, 2019 10:43:06 am
      Just another adding to the McCoist praise. Genuine, funny and more than once asked questions that were relevant or admitted he needed another look. Not the most insightful but when commentators are walking stats machines nowadays, it's not really needed. Having someone just enjoying the beautiful game, the atmosphere whilst having a bubbly exuberance was infectious and I hope it catches on.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1631: Dec 05, 2019 11:03:55 am
      Shocking from motd again - jenas is such a jealous c**t and no mention of Origi briliant goals. They said blatand penalty ahahahahahah.

Origi’s 2nd goal.
      If that is Maguire to Rashford it’s goal of the season.
      If its Alderweireld to Kane then Lineker is having a W*** live in the studio guaranteed.
      But because it’s us the BS defence was all over the place, Pickford started too far back, Etc etc
      It’s laughable

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1632: Dec 06, 2019 01:11:19 am
      Amazon mustve nicked pundits from every other footi show. there were loads. suppose they need them all, when covering every game at same time live on tv. ;D.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/03/amazon-prime-video-tv-football-premier-league-broadcast-stream

Good article on it here. And you are correct about all the pundits, comms and presenters: "The entire operation appeared to have been calibrated to cause as few qualms as possible. Such has been the thirst for familiar faces that according to reports Amazon has signed up 73 commentators, presenters and pundits for its two rounds of Premier League coverage. I’m not sure I could even name 73 pundits without throwing in a few dead ones but if the intention was to offer the illusion of continuity, then for the most part it worked."

Quick Reply