Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429861 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1840: Jan 19, 2020 03:14:05 pm

Ffs, what a depressing outlook, no doubt that Ratboy and the Pant Sniffer are in the comms box, and it’s “Live”
      Might have to mute it and listen to Greeny  on the wireless  !

YNWA

cant wait for YNWA to be cut for the Adverts at least BT have enough respect to allow it to be played it before the advert. Sometimes I switch to LFCTV for commentary .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1841: Jan 19, 2020 03:18:17 pm
      cant wait for YNWA to be cut for the Adverts at least BT have enough respect to allow it to be played it before the advert. Sometimes I switch to LFCTV for commentary .

Yes LFCTV would be a better option, if only they could broadcast the pics eh ?

YNWA
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1842: Jan 19, 2020 07:06:06 pm
      Keane had looked at the VVD/DeGea/Bob goal and said no foul.
      Evra then says it IS a foul  :o
      Then Souness says anyone who knows anything about football knows that was not a foul.
      Checkmate  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1843: Jan 19, 2020 07:06:45 pm
      On the pundit front..

Carra....outstanding

Souness....Excellent

Gary Nev....usual claptrap from Ratboy

Evra......snide No.1...hasn't got a clue

Keane....whinger..still up his own arse...contemptuous of everybody's opinion apart from his own bloated fart inspired dross..

Tyler....retire now..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1844: Jan 19, 2020 07:09:01 pm
      On the pundit front..

Carra....outstanding

Souness....Excellent

Gary Nev....usual claptrap from Ratboy

Evra......snide No.1...hasn't got a clue

Keane....whinger..still up his own arse...contemptuous of everybody's opinion apart from his owm bloated fart inspired dross..

Tyler....retire now..

Crazy how the old United lot just won't criticise Solksjaer at all. Keane saying United 'done well' today - no F***ing way he says that if Mourinho was still in charge.

Suits us though, probably keeps Ole at the wheel longer!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1845: Jan 19, 2020 07:16:28 pm
      Keane v Carra :D
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1846: Jan 19, 2020 07:22:08 pm
      Keane..."Give Ole more time"...Carra getting stuck in....United will only get better and compete if...if..they buy well. Klopp would've been out of here if he didn't buy well. Ole will live or die on his transfers. United...because they are United will get offered top players but it's not as easy as opening up the cheque book.

I hope they give Ole ÂŁ250m because he'll need at least that but no matter what they give him I don't think he really has that desire. Remember he was happy to sit out half of his career at United.....does that sound like a winner..
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1847: Jan 19, 2020 07:37:54 pm
      Keane has run out of steam...hardly said anything for about 10 minutes..
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1848: Jan 20, 2020 08:36:52 am
      As a pundit I don't mind Keane.

What he said about the Lampard and Ole comparison was very true.

Don't always agree with him on stuff but he I think he speaks very bluntly at all times.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1849: Jan 20, 2020 10:14:46 am

Don't always agree with him on stuff but he I think he speaks very bluntly at all times.

Lampard isn't the genius the media make him out to be but to be fair to him, he's came in and worked with what he's got due to the transfer ban whereas Ole seemingly had the chance to recruit in the summer & hasn't done what was obviously needed. Maybe in a strange way that has been a benefit to Lampard, simply because he hasn't had the opportunity to spaff nearly ÂŁ90M on a carthorse of a Centre Half who turns slower than the titanic. He too could get it completely wrong in the summer in terms of recruitment

I still think they'll make top 4 & finish above United, they seem to have more of an "identity" and a way of playing than United do. Plus United have still got to play at Stamford Bridge in the league so I expect them to widen the gap when that happens. Even in his interviews he seems a lot more aware and competent than Ole, if I was in the unfortunate situation where I had to chose between either to manage Liverpool, based on what I've seen I'd pick Lampard every time

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1850: Jan 20, 2020 11:12:21 am
      Keys/Gray asked Sami last night what makes Virgil so special and what has he done to this club? His response was immaculate. Before Virg, we had 2 'leaders' - the captain and the vice captain - Jordan and Milly. And the moment Virg walked in, he assumed a portion of the leadership burden from their shoulders.

Never thought in that angle, tbh. True to this words, other players started looking up to him and the play was being dictated from the back with such calmness, poise and an added arrogance. What a team JĂźrgen has built - piece by piece!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1851: Jan 20, 2020 01:08:38 pm

Yes LFCTV would be a better option, if only they could broadcast the pics eh ?

YNWA

Watching the match replay on there last night and the guys had some great comments near full time about how much better we are than United - punctuated the result quite nicely. Worth a listen as those comments are on the highlights as well.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1852: Jan 22, 2020 11:15:53 am
      I see the BBC have decided to broadcast MOTD tonight and for the second time this month won’t be showing the highlight of our match against wolves
      The pricks  did the same on New Year’s Day when they broadcasted motd thus missing out our game against shef Utd on the 2nd of the 1st
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1853: Jan 22, 2020 12:08:35 pm
      I see the BBC have decided to broadcast MOTD tonight and for the second time this month won’t be showing the highlight of our match against wolves
      The pricks  did the same on New Year’s Day when they broadcasted motd thus missing out our game against shef Utd on the 2nd of the 1st

You can get highlights online anyway, no need to watch that crap.

https://lfcglobe.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc-news/liverpool-fc-highlights/ will likely have them.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1854: Jan 22, 2020 12:22:27 pm
      You can get highlights online anyway, no need to watch that crap.

https://lfcglobe.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc-news/liverpool-fc-highlights/ will likely have them.
      Oh I know mate,I was just thinking about those that don’t have access to the internet etc.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1855: Jan 22, 2020 12:28:04 pm
      Oh I know mate,I was just thinking about those that don’t have access to the internet etc.

That's true, I checked for MOTD 2 but that's not on this week.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1856: Jan 22, 2020 12:44:27 pm

Are they allowed to show Thursday highlights or even highlights on Thursdays?

I know they need at least 6 games on Tuesday/Wednesday and can only have a show Monday if the game is of special importance, even then they need permission from the rights holder.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1857: Jan 22, 2020 12:50:45 pm

Of all the things to grumble about

Motd midweek is always on the Wednesday- blame the Premier Lge for changing the fixtures to the thurs
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1858: Jan 22, 2020 01:00:09 pm

Of all the things to grumble about

Motd midweek is always on the Wednesday- blame the Premier Lge for changing the fixtures to the thurs
      Fair point mate,didn’t think about that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1859: Jan 22, 2020 01:19:48 pm

I don't mind him either.

I think he goes a bit overboard with the grumpy old man stuff at times but on the whole I think he's decent.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1860: Jan 23, 2020 12:13:17 am
      On MOTD 2....Lineker and Keown and that other snide Phil Neville trying to claim City are behind us because of Laporte's injury....absolutely pathetic. Even claimed Kompany leaving has cost them. What a bunch of idiots. Sly arse Neville never misses a chance to have a dig at us...total bollocks from the crisp salesman as well...sickening..
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1861: Jan 23, 2020 11:32:28 am
      On MOTD 2....Lineker and Keown and that other snide Phil Neville trying to claim City are behind us because of Laporte's injury....absolutely pathetic. Even claimed Kompany leaving has cost them. What a bunch of idiots. Sly arse Neville never misses a chance to have a dig at us...total bollocks from the crisp salesman as well...sickening..

It's all just rubbish made up to get people talking about it on social media, we'll just keep on winning and they can just keep on whinging. ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1862: Jan 23, 2020 11:43:11 am
      Watched MOTD myself last night, they never said they were behind us solely because of Laporte's injury they just said that they wouldn't be as far behind if he was fit. Can't really argue with that

Quick Reply