Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430065 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1863: Jan 23, 2020 11:46:01 am
      On MOTD 2....Lineker and Keown and that other snide Phil Neville trying to claim City are behind us because of Laporte's injury....absolutely pathetic. Even claimed Kompany leaving has cost them. What a bunch of idiots. Sly arse Neville never misses a chance to have a dig at us...total bollocks from the crisp salesman as well...sickening..

When you drill down to it what they were saying has truth to it
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1864: Jan 23, 2020 04:18:31 pm

Yeah because have you seen John Stones play this year?  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1865: Jan 23, 2020 05:07:55 pm

It doesn’t actually matter what they or any other no mark fuckstick says, the proof is in the pudding, league position for any prem club doesn’t lie, if it were the fraudsters @ the Emptihad or the has been scumchester divided that were Pissing the league like we are, the egotistical wankstains would be choking on each other’s bellends,

Make no mistake they  F**kin Hate us, they Hate the fact that it’s the “bin dipping hub cap kidnapping scallies from Scouseland that are back on their ‘F**kin perch’, back to once again dominate little England’s premier football league and it’s members,

F**k what they say, most of it is inane drivel designed to make them feel worthy !

YNWA
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1866: Jan 23, 2020 10:43:56 pm
      Jim Beglin is getting on my tits.almost crying about united yesterday and a real debbie downer about us today.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1867: Jan 23, 2020 10:47:30 pm
      Jim Beglin is getting on my tits.almost crying about united yesterday and a real debbie downer about us today.

Couldn't be any worse than McManaman.

You could hear how annoyed he was that Traore wasn't played through when he was clear later in the second half.

Bitter c**t.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1868: Jan 24, 2020 01:21:56 am
      I hate how the conversation has now gone to 'Are Liverpool a great team?' Just so people can say no they're not a great team unless they win the league for the next 10 years in a row bla bla bla.

All I care about is winning it this season, and if you add to it a very credible title challenge last season, a 2 champions league finals on the bounce - winning 1 then actually you have the credentials of a great team, who have many more seasons in them yet.

As the song goes, we're never gonna stop.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1869: Jan 31, 2020 05:33:58 pm
      Couldn't be any worse than McManaman.

You could hear how annoyed he was that Traore wasn't played through when he was clear later in the second half.

Bitter c**t.

McManaman is down at the acadamy alot helping out the players so i'll cut him some slack.Did like the Beglin story of getting a slap from a west ham fan,while leaving the field at upton park back in the day.Still think he was far to negative about the reds during the rest of the game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1870: Jan 31, 2020 07:02:42 pm

McManaman is down at the acadamy alot helping out the players so i'll cut him some slack.

Really?  Didn't know that.

Although you wouldn't be able to tell with the negativity in his commentary towards us during our games.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1871: Jan 31, 2020 07:26:34 pm
      In Malta, we have TSN and before the games, mostly it is Owen and other non-Liverpool afflicted players or managers.

I really do not know how they chose Owen. His comments can be said by another decent football fan, nothing special.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1872: Jan 31, 2020 10:06:53 pm
      I found it very frustrating hearing the BBC commentators continually say that Shrewsbury are dealing with the World Champions without mentioning none of the winners were on the pitch.  OK Shrews deserved credit and loads of it.  But the commentator was really getting under my skin just continually saying how they got a draw from European and world champions. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1873: Jan 31, 2020 10:12:03 pm
      I found it very frustrating hearing the BBC commentators continually say that Shrewsbury are dealing with the World Champions without mentioning none of the winners were on the pitch.  OK Shrews deserved credit and loads of it.  But the commentator was really getting under my skin just continually saying how they got a draw from European and world champions. 

they take every opportunity to have a pop at the club I just laugh it off now.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1874: Jan 31, 2020 10:42:21 pm
      they take every opportunity to have a pop at the club I just laugh it off now.

I hardly take notice of the commentator usually because they talk some sh*t but that point was just really getting under my skin.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1875: Jan 31, 2020 11:12:59 pm

Mate. its every F***ing time he commentates at our matches. Can't stand him!
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #1876: Feb 01, 2020 12:30:44 pm
      Mate. its every F***ing time he commentates at our matches. Can't stand him!

Yup, the mute button comes in handy when he is commentating!.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1877: Feb 02, 2020 09:33:28 pm
      Can’t wait for motd tonight, just to see what excuses the tossers come up with for cities collapse today. 😁
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1878: Feb 02, 2020 10:24:17 pm
      MOTD 2 Micah Richards why? see him on quite a few times and just don't get it he was never a great player doesn't seem a student of the game is he cheap ??
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1879: Feb 03, 2020 04:34:41 am
      I missed it during the game and don't know which Commentator it was but saw the highlights and loved it when Mo scored the 4th, he said...Yes Liverpool, you are going to win the League and Yes WE do believe you"

F***ing Gold!!!!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1880: Feb 03, 2020 11:08:09 am
      I missed it during the game and don't know which Commentator it was but saw the highlights and loved it when Mo scored the 4th, he said...Yes Liverpool, you are going to win the League and Yes WE do believe you"

F***ing Gold!!!!
      Ian Crocker. He does most of the Scottish Premier League games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1881: Feb 03, 2020 11:59:11 am
      MOTD 2 Micah Richards why? see him on quite a few times and just don't get it he was never a great player doesn't seem a student of the game is he cheap ??

Doesn't he come under the title of 'City Legend'
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1882: Feb 03, 2020 12:00:10 pm

F***ing Gold!!!!

Yeah seen that on the game of the day on sky. Excellent bit of commentary.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1883: Feb 03, 2020 01:46:34 pm
      I really enjoyed the press conference after the Spurs v City match yesterday when the reporter asked Pep if the loss meant they're out of the title hunt. Probably the dumbest question ever.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1884: Feb 03, 2020 01:57:33 pm
      again, souness saying were lucky with injuries.

Fuk off mate.

Allison missed start of season, Matip & Lovren missed massive chunks of the season.

Shaq out most of season, Lallana in and out.

Salah had an ankle injury, Mane out with Hamstring.

Bobbi missed games too Im sure.

Milner out with Hamstring.

Ox working back to full fitness, in and out.

Naby, everytime he looks good, he gets another set back

What we have been good at, and its not fekin luck, weve been great at not missing injured players, everytime someone has stepped in, theyve been amaizing.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #1885: Feb 03, 2020 03:03:04 pm
      again, souness saying were lucky with injuries.
      Winds me up, this! 

You CAN'T be lucky with injuries IMO, you can be UNLUCKY if you have a lot of key players injured at the same time, though even this can sometimes be attributed to poor management, overplaying players, bringing them back too early from injury.

Players start off not being injured, so it's basically luck-neutral if they not injured, not lucky FFS!

Boring, lazy narrative!!

Quick Reply