Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430032 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1886: Feb 03, 2020 03:08:29 pm
      Winds me up, this! 

You CAN'T be lucky with injuries IMO, you can be UNLUCKY if you have a lot of key players injured at the same time, though even this can sometimes be attributed to poor management, overplaying players, bringing them back too early from injury.

Players start off not being injured, so it's basically luck-neutral if they not injured, not lucky FFS!

Boring, lazy narrative!!

Indeed.  :)
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1887: Feb 03, 2020 03:26:08 pm
      Winds me up, this! 

You CAN'T be lucky with injuries IMO, you can be UNLUCKY if you have a lot of key players injured at the same time, though even this can sometimes be attributed to poor management, overplaying players, bringing them back too early from injury.

Players start off not being injured, so it's basically luck-neutral if they not injured, not lucky FFS!

Boring, lazy narrative!!

Lucky or unlucky doesn't come into it. If it was a lead of say less than 5 pts or so, luck could be a factor..but we're 22pts clear. I mean I know you know that but Souness should know better. He was here when we won numerous trophies. Luck never came into it then and it doesn't come into it now.

We are where we are because we are the BEST...by a country mile..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1888: Feb 03, 2020 03:45:18 pm
      Lucky or unlucky doesn't come into it. If it was a lead of say less than 5 pts or so, luck could be a factor..but we're 22pts clear. I mean I know you know that but Souness should know better. He was here when we won numerous trophies. Luck never came into it then and it doesn't come into it now.

We are where we are because we are the BEST...by a country mile..

YUP. this too.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1889: Feb 03, 2020 08:22:26 pm
      again, souness saying were lucky with injuries.

Fuk off mate.

Allison missed start of season, Matip & Lovren missed massive chunks of the season.

Shaq out most of season, Lallana in and out.

Salah had an ankle injury, Mane out with Hamstring.

Bobbi missed games too Im sure.

Milner out with Hamstring.

Ox working back to full fitness, in and out.

Naby, everytime he looks good, he gets another set back

What we have been good at, and its not fekin luck, weve been great at not missing injured players, everytime someone has stepped in, theyve been amaizing.

Yup. You even forgot Fabinho out for two or three months. Gomez out a good bit too.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1890: Feb 03, 2020 08:47:16 pm
      Souness was saying Sterling isn't the type of player who would intentionally hurt another player, regarding his challenge on Dele Alli.

Biggest load of bollocks he's said for a while, wasn't long ago Sterling was literally attacking Joe Gomez in a canteen.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1891: Feb 03, 2020 09:24:44 pm
      22 pts is not luck. Were seeing a team make football history. No club has ever run away with the title like Liverpool are doing. They were the better team last season and are the better team now. We will never see this again and to dismiss this club as "lucky" is a cheap and idiotic comment from someone looking to get Likes on Twitter.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1892: Feb 03, 2020 10:32:52 pm
      Souness was saying Sterling isn't the type of player who would intentionally hurt another player, regarding his challenge on Dele Alli.

Biggest load of bollocks he's said for a while, wasn't long ago Sterling was literally attacking Joe Gomez in a canteen.

Yes and you could see Sterling could dish it out when he was here. I admit I like Sterling, brilliant player and so strong but he needs to curb his meaner side. Many more tackles like that and he'll start racking up red cards. The buck stops with Pep on this one.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1893: Feb 04, 2020 10:53:46 pm
      Got another one when i was trying to get a game stream.Was on beinsports giving it the disrespecting the cup,sh*te.i didn't recognize him,journeyman ingerland hacker no doubt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1894: Feb 04, 2020 11:14:04 pm
      lets see how many of the gobshites are man enough to admit Jürgen was right and they were wrong
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1895: Feb 05, 2020 04:06:58 am
      Got another one when i was trying to get a game stream.Was on beinsports giving it the disrespecting the cup,sh*te.i didn't recognize him,journeyman ingerland hacker no doubt.

So where was that being broadcast. I think the highlights I've seen (not on LFC TV, but on ESPN web site) was from that feed - but where was it meant to go live?

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1896: Feb 05, 2020 04:09:49 am
      lets see how many of the gobshites are man enough to admit Jürgen was right and they were wrong

I'm thinking the over/under betting line for your question is, umm, 0.

He's come in and turned over a whole system of mediocrity. I remember comms suggesting during matches in season one and two that he was just a clown and couldn't really manage a game. He's busted open their club of perpetual mediocrity meant to keep managers/pundits/agents in jobs. They have no capacity for thinking outside the traditional boxes.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #1897: Feb 05, 2020 08:12:33 am

Don't hold your breath Walt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1898: Feb 05, 2020 10:03:14 am
      No sign of any of the Footballing experts acknowledging last nights Victory instead of disrespecting the FA CUP we have brought it more publicity and a feel good factor.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1899: Feb 05, 2020 10:14:24 am
      Someone called Andi Thomas spelt with an "I" to make him feel special no doubt declares Jürgen didn't go and sent the message to the team that non of them will make it so he cant be arsed going. This from Eurosport not known for football coverage and you can see why by his rant.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1900: Feb 05, 2020 10:15:48 am
      It's all just attention seeking crap done to get people going on social media, let them be mad that we're only getting better and better. ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1901: Feb 05, 2020 10:28:52 am
      I dont think any of them understand that Critchley is the manager of under 23s. He knows the players and what they are capable of, and they know him and what he wants. Klopp I felt prior to KO should have been there, but it soon became apparent he wasn't needed and it would have been a pure PR exercise if he was. Something Klopp couldnt give a F**k about.

I hope 1 or 2 of the young lads get another hit against Chelsea, but with 8 or 9 first teamers with then too. Away at Chelsea is no game for a whole youth side.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1902: Feb 05, 2020 12:02:07 pm
      It's all just attention seeking crap done to get people going on social media, let them be mad that we're only getting better and better. ;D
      Pretty much & i’m loving the fact that we are burning everyone’s head out.
      as the old saying goes ‘he who laughs last laughs longest’.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1903: Feb 05, 2020 12:05:17 pm
      I dont think any of them understand that Critchley is the manager of under 23s. He knows the players and what they are capable of, and they know him and what he wants. Klopp I felt prior to KO should have been there, but it soon became apparent he wasn't needed and it would have been a pure PR exercise if he was. Something Klopp couldnt give a f**k about.

I hope 1 or 2 of the young lads get another hit against Chelsea, but with 8 or 9 first teamers with then too. Away at Chelsea is no game for a whole youth side.
      Can see a fair few of the kids starting against Chelsea,after all they are the ones that have got us this far & its only right & just & we’ll probably have some  of seniors starting & on the bench.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1904: Feb 05, 2020 12:12:07 pm
      No sign of any of the Footballing experts acknowledging last nights Victory instead of disrespecting the FA CUP we have brought it more publicity and a feel good factor.
      If we are waiting for any kind of praise from those lot we’ll be waiting a very very long time,anyway we’ve answered the lot of them in spades all season long
      And once we lift the title the lot of them can go and talk/write about the euros while us reds are still partying and laughing at how sh*te our national team is .
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1905: Feb 05, 2020 01:19:07 pm
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1906: Feb 05, 2020 01:43:09 pm
      What the F**k is Mathew Upson on about.  "I think they should have paid a price for it' " We won you F***ing Moron, why should we pay a price. If we'd lost, yes we'd have paid a price, we'd have been knocked out of the F A Cup !
      Not sure what wilderness he's been dragged in from, but he needs to F**k right off back there.
      He clearly despises Liverpool with a vengeance. Danny Murphy treading carefully, trying to be a bit diplomatic, but following on what Upson said, Murphy should have told him to sort his F***ing head out.  Why on earth would he want a bunch of young kids, "to pay a price" following the biggest game of their lives, and probably performance.  Sick b***ard needs seriously shafting.
      Once again, a no mark mediocre ex player, blagging a living off football, with no idea of the history making event, he's just witnessed.
      With the prices sky charge, you'd think they could afford someone who hasn't just been medically sedated and dragged out of the local nut house.  Euthanasia mate, euthanasia, thats what he needs. F***ing tw*t.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #1907: Feb 05, 2020 01:56:14 pm
      Yeah load of bollocks
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #1908: Feb 05, 2020 02:24:16 pm
      https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-luck-var-livarpool-james-milner-penalty-sadio-mane-dive-Jürgen-klopp-1384147 

Read and Laugh. They might as well just say they don't want us to win the League

Quick Reply