Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429786 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #1932: Feb 24, 2020 03:40:38 am
      Steve Nicol should just shut the F**k up. Making an absolute tw*t of himself on the ESPN Yank thingy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1933: Feb 24, 2020 02:26:11 pm
      Steve Nicol should just shut the F**k up. Making an absolute tw*t of himself on the ESPN Yank thingy.

Bit of a dinosaur isn't he?

His opinions of the game are usually well behind the curve, and some of his ramblings on there are very random.

Strange old panel they have on that channel with the similarly backward Craig Burley, Shaka Hislop with his own weird and wonderful insights topped off with Alejandro Moreno.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1934: Feb 24, 2020 02:50:51 pm

His opinions of the game are usually well behind the curve, and some of his ramblings on there are very random.

Strange old panel they have on that channel with the similarly backward Craig Burley, Shaka Hislop with his own weird and wonderful insights topped off with Alejandro Moreno.

It's all jobs for the boys.

"Ex player in need of a few quid? Try punditry! No one cares if you talk sh*te, because we think the public are that gullible"
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1935: Feb 24, 2020 03:21:10 pm

"Ex player in need of a few quid? Try punditry! No one cares if you talk sh*te, because we think the public are that gullible"

That is especially true over here. It isn't what you know but who you know that gets you on a panel, especially with how ESPN has declined in the past 5 years. Nicol was very late in recognizing Klopp's brilliance, VERY late.

The only thing worse than ESPN is the TNT/TBS/Bleacher report crew with Stuart Holden, Maurice Edu and Steve Nash. They almost single-handedly ruined the aftermath of the Barca win last season until someone in the control room mercifully and thankfully cut their sound. Watching them pre and post game you can tell they do almost no prep whatsoever. It's like "I played football ...........right." - and that's about as much insight as you get.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1936: Feb 24, 2020 04:28:49 pm

I dunno,so many of em do it and we keep bleating on about em guess it says the public are gullible,no? And there is the alternative of no mark fan tv bollox! Is the Nicol espnfc thing even on regular cable or is it just an internet show?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1937: Feb 24, 2020 10:51:05 pm
      How fat did Ratface look taking silly selfies when 2-1 down how naive
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1938: Feb 24, 2020 10:53:15 pm

I use the mute button as soon as I see him about to spout his sh*te and Carragher is getting as bad ever since the spitting incident has become a real Sky company man shame on him
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #1939: Feb 24, 2020 11:53:07 pm
      That is especially true over here. It isn't what you know but who you know that gets you on a panel, especially with how ESPN has declined in the past 5 years. Nicol was very late in recognizing Klopp's brilliance, VERY late.

The only thing worse than ESPN is the TNT/TBS/Bleacher report crew with Stuart Holden, Maurice Edu and Steve Nash. They almost single-handedly ruined the aftermath of the Barca win last season until someone in the control room mercifully and thankfully cut their sound. Watching them pre and post game you can tell they do almost no prep whatsoever. It's like "I played football ...........right." - and that's about as much insight as you get.

Yeah, they are terrible, horrible CL coverage here in the US. It was a lot better when espn covered it. In my opinion.

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #1940: Feb 24, 2020 11:54:32 pm

Wait, what did he do???

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1941: Feb 25, 2020 03:04:10 pm

Really? WHAT THE F**k.... What happened to 'impartiality' then.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1942: Feb 25, 2020 04:17:14 pm
      Lads it gary neville on sky.Y'all know the schtick they pull by now.I found a new stream soon as i heard tyler say and it's live.Jim Beglin on nbc seems to have knocked the anti-liverpool sh*te on the head,Peter drury was a bit uber excited last night with the name calls Salaaahah.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1943: Feb 25, 2020 04:19:44 pm

Totally agree, ive watched some clips on youtube, nicol is just an arse. quite entertaining though so long as you dont take it too serious. ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1944: Feb 25, 2020 05:11:07 pm
      Totally agree, ive watched some clips on youtube, nicol is just an arse. quite entertaining though so long as you dont take it too serious. ;D

Yeah and to be fair that's the name of the game. I find myself flicking between their videos either shaking my head at their ramblings or just laughing at how weird it all is.

Craig Burley and Stevie Nicol had a big row on one off them over Klopp playing the kids in the fa cup and not showing up. Was funny to see.

Two old dinosaurs going at it and both managing to miss the point. Really kicks in around the 3 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/2wbE98M4ISY
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2020 05:16:11 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1945: Feb 25, 2020 05:51:44 pm
      Damn that was funny,just waiting for......
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1946: Feb 25, 2020 07:45:01 pm
      Really? WHAT THE F**k.... What happened to 'impartiality' then.

The tit that he his tried to cover his ass saying he never expected them to win which Carra refuted
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1947: Feb 25, 2020 08:31:03 pm
      Damn that was funny,just waiting for......

That's Souness when he finally loses it on sky :laugh:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1948: Mar 08, 2020 10:28:20 am
      Guy Mowbray, can't stand his voice nor commentary. Very passive aggressive in his analysis of us, always.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1949: Mar 08, 2020 12:05:39 pm
      I really can't stand listening to McManaman and 'fletch' on BT sport, I can't put my finger on exactly why but they just annoy the f**k out of me.

Yeah I'm with you that.

'Fletch' just seems to think hes a cool, one of the lads type weird f**ker

Like check me out having a giggle with the ex footballer who's my mate (hes not, he probably thinks you're a c**t)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1950: Mar 08, 2020 12:26:23 pm
      I really can't stand listening to McManaman and 'fletch' on BT sport, I can't put my finger on exactly why but they just annoy the f**k out of me.

I actually don’t mind the duo 😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1951: Mar 08, 2020 01:40:25 pm

Pair of kunts, hardly got anything positive to say about us, most of their innuendo is negative and always favourable towards the opposition, Macca  to be fair to him was spot on yesterday in regards to us being too slow, but more often than not like his counterpart spouts lots of bollocks,
      Now compare him to Ally McCoist, you will find a fella who exudes excitement, sounds like he’s enjoying every second of his privileged position, says what he sees and is completely impartial, and hands out praise to whoever is deserving , has a great rapport with his fellow commentators and can be funny without being critical.

I know who I would rather listen to irrespective of who is playing.

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1952: Mar 08, 2020 09:35:18 pm
      Would make a sh*t linesman Macca. Thinks everything is F***ing offside. Very annoying.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1953: Mar 11, 2020 08:53:04 pm
      Is Macca the only person on earth who calls Gini 'Gigi'

Weird.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1954: Mar 12, 2020 09:09:42 am
      Just watched some of he highlights - Anybody know if they've managed to clean all the jizz up out of the commentary box left by the bad weirdo Steve McMannaman?

Could hear him getting the vinegar strokes every time he mentioned Simeone or "Diego" (Costa)

"Schhiimeone Cam, Fletch"

Quick Reply