Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430404 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2024: Aug 14, 2020 11:04:27 pm
      He is a Scouser but he tries his best not to sound like one when he's on TV, attempts to pronounce his words properly but he just ends up sounding ridiculous

Like my ma used to when she'd phone the bank up and try to talk posh 😂

I reckon that comes from playing in Madrid & Manchester and no f**ker understanding him ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2025: Aug 14, 2020 11:05:30 pm
      He is a Scouser but he tries his best not to sound like one when he's on TV, attempts to pronounce his words properly but he just ends up sounding ridiculous

Like my ma used to when she'd phone the bank up and try to talk posh 😂

I don't see that posh bit Laar, pure scouse when I hear him talk negative football.

Your ma got it spot on with the bank.  ;) that's the way business is done  ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2026: Aug 14, 2020 11:09:01 pm
      I reckon that comes from playing in Madrid & Manchester and no f**ker understanding him ;)

Joey Barton was the best - remember that interview he did for Marseille when he just started speaking in a french accent 😂
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #2027: Aug 15, 2020 01:19:59 pm
      Some of them are OK..ish...some are crap...but out of pure snidyness...and sly comments...Tyler Martin is way out on top..he gets on my feckin' wick. I concede that he has an encyclopedic knowledge of the game, stats wise, but he just can't resist making little snide comments that he sneaks in. Bout time he was pensioned off..he's 74..retire you git..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2028: Aug 15, 2020 08:13:51 pm
      Joey Barton was the best - remember that interview he did for Marseille when he just started speaking in a french accent 😂

That or McClaren in Holland, what F***ing posessed them to think it was a good idea.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #2029: Aug 15, 2020 10:08:42 pm
      That or McClaren in Holland, what F***ing posessed them to think it was a good idea.

And this classic ;D

https://youtu.be/jnJtdWPOVUU

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #2030: Aug 23, 2020 10:17:15 pm
      F**k me Rio Ferdinand talks some sh*te.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #2031: Aug 23, 2020 10:25:33 pm
      F**k me Rio Ferdinand talks some sh*te.

BT coverage in general is absolutely shocking. Rio and Hargreaves in the studio with Darren Fletcher and Macca on commentary - couldn't really make it any worse if you tried.

Champions League on Sky and ITV was so much better.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #2032: Aug 23, 2020 10:27:57 pm
      BT coverage in general is absolutely shocking. Rio and Hargreaves in the studio with Darren Fletcher and Macca on commentary - couldn't really make it any worse if you tried.

Dire. McManaman is another huge sh*te talker as well. Very poor coverage indeed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2033: Aug 23, 2020 10:39:50 pm

Not a F***ing chance! Tyldsley constantly slobbering on about that night in 99 and the usual muppets in Keys, Gray and Tyler on Sky. BT ain't that bad in comparison.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2034: Aug 25, 2020 10:15:45 am

What ruins it for me is Mcmanaman’s voice, it’s not designed for commentary of any description, i actually cringe when he & Des Kelly ramble on the pitchside prior to the game, I know then that Macca will be gobbing off from KO, but wish he’d F**k off,

In the studio to be fair Camel face (Rio) isn’t too bad but Hargreaves looks like he’s been dragged through a bush and just talks bollocks, on Sunday he managed to put a tie on, but unfortunately it wasn’t tight enough we could still hear him.

I’d rather Sky do it but on the condition Tyler is bound, gagged and locked a cupboard for a week !

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2035: Aug 25, 2020 11:36:43 pm
      Fletch this and fletch that - bt sport's commentary is like an episode of porridge
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2036: Aug 27, 2020 09:57:33 am
      Sky have sacked a load of the Soccer Saturday panel - Thommo, Le Tissier & Charlie Nicholas

Quite a shame really, quite enjoyed the show and always had a few laughs watching it. Probably going to replace them with a load of robots who talk about heat maps x xG
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2037: Aug 27, 2020 10:04:18 am
      Sky have sacked a load of the Soccer Saturday panel - Thommo, Le Tissier & Charlie Nicholas

Quite a shame really, quite enjoyed the show and always had a few laughs watching it. Probably going to replace them with a load of robots who talk about heat maps x xG

Going to be more diverse apparently
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2038: Aug 27, 2020 10:27:04 am

If it is then it's a pretty stupid move. Plenty of Diversity on Final Score with Gabby Logan, Garth Crooks etc but Soccer Saturday is still a far more popular show and I think it's down to the chemistry between the pundits, who have been there for 20 years in some cases. Seems silly to mess with a winning formula
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2039: Aug 27, 2020 10:35:10 am

Yeah and we know what that means sadly. Nothing wrong with the current panel as you can have some great laughs listening to them. Its now going to be replaced with donkeys who know F**k all about football. They will lose veiwing figures after listening to the new donkeys for a week or two.

F***ing wankers.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2040: Aug 27, 2020 10:48:25 am
      Its now going to be replaced with donkeys who know f**k all about football.

F***ing wankers.

I think the problem with a lot of the newer pundits is that they know too much about football and lack any kind of personality. I find a lot of the newer, more articulate pundits the most boring. I think Micah Richards is the only one who has came through recently that has a bit of personality about him
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #2041: Aug 27, 2020 10:49:32 am
      If it is then it's a pretty stupid move. Plenty of Diversity on Final Score with Gabby Logan, Garth Crooks etc but Soccer Saturday is still a far more popular show and I think it's down to the chemistry between the pundits, who have been there for 20 years in some cases. Seems silly to mess with a winning formula

Haven't watched that show in years band when I did it annoyed the hell out of me.

Clueless bellends like Charlie Nicolas and Matt Le Tissier we can do without.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #2042: Aug 27, 2020 10:52:16 am

I wellcome more diversity but I don't know why they have to make a big play of it. Should just be a natural progression.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2043: Aug 27, 2020 11:06:49 am
      I think the problem with a lot of the newer pundits is that they know too much about football and lack any kind of personality. I find a lot of the newer, more articulate pundits the most boring. I think Micah Richards is the only one who has came through recently that has a bit of personality about him

Yeah i agree, having that personality makes a big difference. Can't say any of the new batch been much good yet.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2044: Aug 27, 2020 11:38:05 am

love soccer saturday. I fear your right, I worry its the cardboard cutouts they have during midweek that get more airtime.

And as noted it will probably be more diverse, which is fine, but couldve done that without totally binning some folk.

beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #2045: Aug 27, 2020 11:50:17 am
      Haven't watched that show in years band when I did it annoyed the hell out of me.

Clueless bellends like Charlie Nicolas and Matt Le Tissier we can do without.

I’d rather listen to those two than that absolute wa**er Clinton Morrison with his stupid gangsta way he talks 😡
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2046: Aug 27, 2020 12:10:23 pm
      love soccer saturday. I fear your right, I worry its the cardboard cutouts they have during midweek that get more airtime.

And as noted it will probably be more diverse, which is fine, but couldve done that without totally binning some folk.

Thing is as well, Phil Thompson has won 3 European Cups and countless league titles. They'll probably replace him with some mid table bum who's had a few elocution lessons

Quick Reply