Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [League Cup] Thu 1st Oct @ 7:45 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of October and on this date LFC's match record is P34 W16 D6 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 196516 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,218 posts | 1657 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2100: Sep 14, 2020 09:15:41 pm
      Americans will be glad to learn that Radio 5 Live broadcasts are available for listening on the BBC web site. IN the past these have always been muted for listeners here.

On the other hand, it looks like NBC will be requiring us to pay for a lot more of the Liverpool matches via their Peacock Streaming services. I heard the match comm this weekend say the Arsenal and Chelsea matches will both be available on Peacock.

I expected this as we have been getting a lot of games on "Free" TV for the past few years on NBC Sports Network. Some will still be on there but I expect they will make us pay for more now.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,598 posts | 399 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #2101: Sep 15, 2020 07:36:57 am
      ffs sky... Soccer Saturday was boring as fuk this weekend, carboard cutouts no personality, and theyve cut kammys goals on sunday, for a half hour show on sky sports news with another boring presenter just running through all the scores.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,382 posts | 864 
      Reply #2102: Sep 15, 2020 07:49:26 am
      ffs sky... Soccer Saturday was boring as fuk this weekend, carboard cutouts no personality, and theyve cut kammys goals on sunday, for a half hour show on sky sports news with another boring presenter just running through all the scores.

Sky sports getting worse, just don't really enjoy watching it now.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,598 posts | 399 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #2103: Sep 15, 2020 09:40:39 am
      Sky sports getting worse, just don't really enjoy watching it now.

yea, even sky sports news, its the rubbish boring transfer news guys, an then cricket and american football just now too. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,382 posts | 864 
      Reply #2104: Sep 15, 2020 11:23:11 am
      yea, even sky sports news, its the rubbish boring transfer news guys, an then cricket and american football just now too. ;D

My favourite channel has always been sky sports news but last month or so been so sh*te I now find myself forcing to watch it in the hope of some change for the better, simply truth I just can't see it happening.

Will probably mean more post on here which will please Aussie Red  :lmao:
      glennusmc
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 174 
      Reply #2105: Sep 15, 2020 12:11:56 pm
      Americans will be glad to learn that Radio 5 Live broadcasts are available for listening on the BBC web site. IN the past these have always been muted for listeners here.

On the other hand, it looks like NBC will be requiring us to pay for a lot more of the Liverpool matches via their Peacock Streaming services. I heard the match comm this weekend say the Arsenal and Chelsea matches will both be available on Peacock.

I expected this as we have been getting a lot of games on "Free" TV for the past few years on NBC Sports Network. Some will still be on there but I expect they will make us pay for more now.

Rob, if I already have NBC sports, will I have to pay extra for Peacock? I was able to watch the everton game through peacock, I dont remember if i paid prior for it? My provider is comcast here in NJ, USA. I did pay for the old NBC sports gold package though in the past. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,218 posts | 1657 
      Reply #2106: Sep 15, 2020 12:54:42 pm
      Rob, if I already have NBC sports, will I have to pay extra for Peacock? I was able to watch the everton game through peacock, I dont remember if i paid prior for it? My provider is comcast here in NJ, USA. I did pay for the old NBC sports gold package though in the past.

Not sure the relationship between Peacock and Gold subscriptions. It appears that some EPL games are on Peacock for free but others are on the Premium Tier. It's 5 bucks a month so I'll probably break down and get it, but it gets to where all of these, ESPN+ for Cup matches, CBS for Champions League, and now NBC Peacock for league games, plus the cost of regular TV services (I have AT&T U-verse), really starts to add up. I have LFC TV as well but of course the matches aren't live in the U.S.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,598 posts | 399 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #2107: Sep 15, 2020 02:12:53 pm
      My favourite channel has always been sky sports news but last month or so been so sh*te I now find myself forcing to watch it in the hope of some change for the better, simply truth I just can't see it happening.

:lmao: Quite right, fill your boots.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,177 posts | 4632 
      Reply #2108: Sep 15, 2020 02:59:00 pm

I actually like watching the cricket, it has probably the best commentary teams of any of the sports that sky show.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,204 posts | 2607 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2109: Sep 15, 2020 09:24:11 pm

So it’s similar to watching your beloved MUtants then Keith, Jeez, you are having a bad time, no wonder your feeling down, but then, in the land of mediocrity, your bound to feel this way, but up here on our Perch we’re loving it, 😜😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,700 posts | 2301 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2110: Sep 15, 2020 11:16:41 pm

Sadly talkshite seem to be getting more and more games, they are f**king awful.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,218 posts | 1657 
      Reply #2111: Sep 15, 2020 11:19:18 pm
      Sadly talkshite seem to be getting more and more games, they are f**king awful.

My only guess is that demand for audio/radio has dropped, lowering the price tag and letting the riffraff in to the equation. I've tried to listen to games on there before and it's like eavesdropping on two or three idiots at the pub who are only loosely paying attention to the match, but you can't see the TV from where you're sitting so you are depending on them to tell you what's happening.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,598 posts | 399 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #2112: Sep 16, 2020 09:05:14 am
      I was reminded on twitter this morning about the crap merson was talking on saturday. ffs. he said liverpool would be in trouble if, full backs got injured, Virgil gets injured and if the front 3 get injured.

OK mate, so basically the whole f***in team.  :mad:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,218 posts | 1657 
      Reply #2113: Sep 16, 2020 09:44:43 am
      I was reminded on twitter this morning about the crap merson was talking on saturday. ffs. he said liverpool would be in trouble if, full backs got injured, Virgil gets injured and if the front 3 get injured.

OK mate, so basically the whole f***in team.  :mad:

Well if those 6 guys get major injuries we will be in trouble. He's an analytical genius, like.
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,052 posts | 2271 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2114: Sep 16, 2020 10:27:54 am
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,598 posts | 399 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #2115: Sep 16, 2020 11:42:40 am
      Well if those 6 guys get major injuries we will be in trouble. He's an analytical genius, like.

exactly.  :lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,700 posts | 2301 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2116: Sep 16, 2020 09:33:46 pm
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,778 posts | 2525 
      Reply #2117: Sep 19, 2020 10:55:57 pm
      Pundits: We need some sort of system brought in so that we get these marginal decisions right.

VAR brought in.

Pundits: We need some common sense here and these decisions by VAR are too clinical.

Idiots.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,382 posts | 864 
      Reply #2118: Sep 20, 2020 08:55:00 am
      Evra now up there with the likes of McManaman & Savage as being the worse pundits on TV. Chris Sutton catching them up too. I think when I have time I'm going to rate the f**king lot of them out of 10.  :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,326 posts | 709 
      Reply #2119: Sep 20, 2020 09:19:02 am
      Evra now up there with the likes of McManaman & Savage as being the worse pundits on TV. Chris Sutton catching them up too. I think when I have time I'm going to rate the f**king lot of them out of 10.  :lmao:

Be more apt if you rated them out of five. It’s clear as day neither of them gonna warrant a six 😊
      Fan 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 739 posts | 28 
      Reply #2120: Sep 20, 2020 09:21:13 am
      My mute button is nearly worn out. Enough said.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,382 posts | 864 
      Reply #2121: Sep 20, 2020 09:22:41 am
      Be more apt if you rated them out of five. It’s clear as day neither of them gonna warrant a six 😊

Decided I will do it when have the time. Will be out of 10 though
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,204 posts | 2607 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2122: Sep 20, 2020 09:29:42 am

Don’t know why a sky chose Evra, can’t understand what he says, bullshit or not, Roy Keane is what we need , him & Souness say it how they see it , strong characters who know exactly what to say and at the right time, Carra & Neville are good although Carra seems to be doing some brown nosing recently, the new faces  are yes ppl and pander to whatever the producer says,

What pisses me off tho is commentators having to apologise if any foul language is heard, ffs it’s football, not f***in jolly hockey sticks, their trying butter it up as some sort of squeaky clean sport, f**k off, it isn’t.

APOLOGIES IF ANYONE IS OFFENDED BY READING ANY PROFANITY ABOVE  !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #2123: Sep 20, 2020 10:59:21 am
      I wellcome more diversity but I don't know why they have to make a big play of it. Should just be a natural progression.

or how picking the best person irrespective of skin colour, because if you are picking people based on their skin colour then that is.......... racism!   

There's never anything positive about discrimination!

Soccer Saturday was never my cup of tea, but a lot of people enjoyed it and you cannot deny there was great chemistry between the pundits, reminded me a bit of Saint and Greavsie which also was as much about humour as football.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 653 
      Reply #2124: Sep 20, 2020 11:31:20 am
      or how picking the best person irrespective of skin colour, because if you are picking people based on their skin colour then that is.......... racism!   

There's never anything positive about discrimination!

Soccer Saturday was never my cup of tea, but a lot of people enjoyed it and you cannot deny there was great chemistry between the pundits, reminded me a bit of Saint and Greavsie which also was as much about humour as football.

Point well made. I do agree that every trade should be based on ability but I think with punditry one mans opinion is as valid as the next. There is no acknowledged bench mark as such with punditry and it should by and large reflect the diversity in the game.

Quick Reply