Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429926 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2139: Sep 29, 2020 03:35:04 pm
      Never really been arsed by Tyler's alleged bias and stuff like that, usually just zone out anyway. But did anybody get onto his breathing last night? Was knocking me sick, felt like the old c**t was sitting on the couch next to me
      Same as mate,stopped listening to  sky coms moons ago and just mute the f**ker and lob radio Merseyside on,the only downside is the few seconds delay and to a lesser extent missing out on G.N who in fairness has been so full of praise of the reds for a fair few seasons now which is a massive credit to him & I wouldn’t have an issue with him taking over from the Dinosaur that is Tyler who should have been put out to pasture yonks ago.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2140: Oct 01, 2020 01:01:55 pm
      Not sure where to put this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/01/the-joy-of-seeing-a-football-stadium-for-the-first-time

For the romantics among us (and the Scots).

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2141: Oct 01, 2020 01:23:17 pm
      Tyler is the current panto villain and get a boo hiss everytime he has a pop at us. To be fair he has incredible longevity. Used to ghost write for Jimmy Hill back in the 60's and was commentating on ITV's "The Big Match" in the 60's.

I'm not that put out by Tyler. It makes it all the more sweet when we shut him up.No doubt he has something against us. TBH we generally have fair representation in the pundit sector. I do have the commentry on regardless, gives me more things to whinge about.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2142: Oct 01, 2020 01:36:46 pm
      Tyler is the current panto villain and get a boo hiss everytime he has a pop at us. To be fair he has incredible longevity. Used to ghost write for Jimmy Hill back in the 60's and was commentating on ITV's "The Big Match" in the 60's.

I'm not that put out by Tyler. It makes it all the more sweet when we shut him up.No doubt he has something against us. TBH we generally have fair representation in the pundit sector. I do have the commentry on regardless, gives me more things to whinge about.

Yeah, I've never understood some of the meltdowns people have over pundits. Supporters of near enough every club are convinced that media has a "vendetta" against them. Some supporters are more unhinged about it that others others mind (ahem, City)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2143: Oct 01, 2020 04:30:03 pm

Brilliant read,  got me goosebumps that, I'm very lucky I've been to all those grounds, and more, used to frequent Firhill , Partick Thistle, or Partick Nil as they are usually called, my favourite jaunt was to Pittodrie, Aberdeen,  Football & Rat-arsed can't  beat that for good day out,  never ever forget those days.

Alba gu Brath

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2144: Oct 01, 2020 06:46:25 pm

Brilliant read,  got me goosebumps that, I'm very lucky I've been to all those grounds, and more, used to frequent Firhill , Partick Thistle, or Partick Nil as they are usually called, my favourite jaunt was to Pittodrie, Aberdeen,  Football & Rat-arsed can't  beat that for good day out,  never ever forget those days.

Alba gu Brath

YNWA
      The pic of Stark's Park reminded me that when I was privileged to visit Kirkcaldy, a local I spoke with at a bar was still fuming years later that UEFA hadn't allowed Rovers' UEFA Cup match with Bayern Munich to be played there (I think I remember correctly that that is the entity that moved it to Easter Road).

That Raith Rovers ever played vs. Bayern Munich (and were leading at half time of the 2nd leg) is a good shout for a winning bet at a pub as well.

Way off topic now, Sorry all.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2145: Oct 02, 2020 08:58:17 am
      The Klopp and Keane stuff last night was decent tv!

Carra's smile is priceless.

https://youtu.be/mhCtX2tf4PA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2146: Oct 04, 2020 12:46:45 pm
      I swear these new commentators  are getting worse.  :f_steam:  :f_doh:  There's a lass on sky sports ( think she's called Anita ) doing the Leciester v Whest Ham match. It's F***ing embarrassing  :f_doh:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2147: Oct 04, 2020 03:00:56 pm
      Richard Keys, pure cretin. Has he actually lost the plot or is he on medication for something? Suggesting that city should bring in fat sam to fix their defence....hes a whopper
      Kopite78
      Reply #2148: Oct 04, 2020 03:10:24 pm
      Richard Keys, pure cretin. Has he actually lost the plot or is he on medication for something? Suggesting that city should bring in fat sam to fix their defence....hes a whopper

Where you hear him?

Haven't heard from that blert since he was sacked from sky
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2149: Oct 04, 2020 03:36:14 pm
      I swear these new commentators  are getting worse.  :f_steam:  :f_doh:  There's a lass on sky sports ( think she's called Anita ) doing the Leciester v Whest Ham match. It's f**king embarrassing  :f_doh:

Why?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2150: Oct 04, 2020 03:54:51 pm
      Where you hear him?

Haven't heard from that blert since he was sacked from sky

Bein sports
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2151: Oct 04, 2020 04:18:02 pm
      Evera is one arsehole
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2152: Oct 04, 2020 04:56:56 pm

The age old defensive coach shout.

Good to see hairy hands looking after one of his mates.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2153: Oct 04, 2020 05:32:42 pm
      Souness on Lamela going down after Martial flicks him across the chin..."it's a Latin thing"..

Lamela is Argentinian. No doubt Lamela was feigning it hoping Martial gets sent off but this VAR thing must see that Lamela put his arm across Martial and then cheated in feigning it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2154: Oct 04, 2020 06:00:41 pm
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2155: Oct 04, 2020 06:36:13 pm
       Bit off topic lads, But seeing utd getting stuffed in an empty stadium.
      Nothing new there, after the fourth goal went in, the munts would have headed for the exits anyway 😂
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2156: Oct 04, 2020 06:41:14 pm
      Souness on Lamela going down after Martial flicks him across the chin..."it's a Latin thing"..

Lamela is Argentinian. No doubt Lamela was feigning it hoping Martial gets sent off but this VAR thing must see that Lamela put his arm across Martial and then cheated in feigning it.

Still should have been a booking for Lamela for the arm in the neck, and no sending off. All of it OTT although I’m not sad it’s utd who suffer after the years of diving and cheating they’ve become synonymous with.
      F**k em, hope they get another dose of it next game.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2157: Oct 04, 2020 06:45:39 pm

Too emotional. Maybe that clouds his objectivity. How he continues to get appearances still amazes me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2158: Oct 05, 2020 11:46:56 am

I'm sure gorilla mitts is now just trolling for views. Can be the only explanation.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2159: Oct 05, 2020 01:59:40 pm

Sky issued an apology over Souness implying that cheating is a "Latin thing"...tut tut Graeme..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2160: Oct 05, 2020 03:40:41 pm
      Sky issued an apology over Souness implying that cheating is a "Latin thing"...tut tut Graeme..

Missed it but can listen to Souness all day.  ;D
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2161: Oct 05, 2020 06:39:54 pm
      Read today that Souness was wondering if Villa had left the grass long to stunt our play, stop quick ball.
      Didn't watch post match, but if he did say that, that is embarrassing.

Quick Reply