Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429909 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2162: Oct 05, 2020 08:36:21 pm
      Read today that Souness was wondering if Villa had left the grass long to stunt our play, stop quick ball.
      Didn't watch post match, but if he did say that, that is embarrassing.

Said it at HT and also said it was not an excuse for getting beaten so not sure he did a whole lot wrong really
      Kopite78
      Reply #2163: Oct 05, 2020 08:37:45 pm
      Said it at HT and also said it was not an excuse for getting beaten so not sure he did a whole lot wrong really

Exactly

Neither did Villa if they did that. That's the idea of home advantage, it's gone on for years and years
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #2164: Oct 05, 2020 08:52:58 pm
      Exactly

Neither did Villa if they did that. That's the idea of home advantage, it's gone on for years and years

Yep you do what you need to do and he said same for both sides didnt seem to deter them much though
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2165: Oct 08, 2020 07:32:43 pm
      https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2020/10/moments-in-time-juventus-2005/

Not sure where to put this but it is QUALITY.

Audio documentary by The Anfield Wrap on Liverpool vs. Juventus in April, 2005 - available for free on their web site.

It's 51 minutes long and most of you will wish, like me, that it were longer.

Enjoy.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2166: Oct 09, 2020 09:21:22 am
      Sky issued an apology over Souness implying that cheating is a "Latin thing"...tut tut Graeme..

Funny that Sky employ Souness to offer his opinion on anything football,  he is honest and straight to the point,  he says and sees it as it is and doesn't try and lie or hide the truth....so why the F**k should Sky feel it's necessary to apologise for something that is historically true, everyone knows the dark arts exist in the game and that Latin American players have been doing it for years,  Souness wasn't being derogatory he was simply explaining that L A player's are more prone to use dark arts, something they are brought up with learning the game it's part & parcel of their football culture.

No apology required imo.

YNWA
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2167: Oct 09, 2020 09:54:53 am
      https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2020/10/moments-in-time-juventus-2005/

Not sure where to put this but it is QUALITY.

Audio documentary by The Anfield Wrap on Liverpool vs. Juventus in April, 2005 - available for free on their web site.

It's 51 minutes long and most of you will wish, like me, that it were longer.

Enjoy.

Was at that game. Absolute classic

Listening material sorted for my bus ride home form work - cheers! ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2168: Oct 09, 2020 03:13:59 pm

Funny that Sky employ Souness to offer his opinion on anything football,  he is honest and straight to the point,  he says and sees it as it is and doesn't try and lie or hide the truth....so why the f**k should Sky feel it's necessary to apologise for something that is historically true, everyone knows the dark arts exist in the game and that Latin American players have been doing it for years,  Souness wasn't being derogatory he was simply explaining that L A player's are more prone to use dark arts, something they are brought up with learning the game it's part & parcel of their football culture.

No apology required imo.

YNWA

Absolutely Billy no apology needed at all. He's up there with the best of pundits and love it when he's with Keane as its fireworks.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2169: Oct 09, 2020 07:26:50 pm
      Was at that game. Absolute classic

Listening material sorted for my bus ride home form work - cheers! ;D

Still crazy thinking about how we started with Carson in goal and Le Tallec in the team as well.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2170: Oct 10, 2020 01:33:30 am
      Is Nicol another who is bitter by being shunned a little by the club post retirement? Some of his comments about the team and Klopp are embarrassing.

Has a worse coaching record then Gary Neville him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2171: Oct 10, 2020 05:50:00 am
      Is Nicol another who is bitter by being shunned a little by the club post retirement? Some of his comments about the team and Klopp are embarrassing.

Has a worse coaching record then Gary Neville him.

Agreed and he is a Moron.

Sometimes, only sometimes, I might watch the ESPN half hour talk show they have and he just dribbles on and talks sh*t.

The others just look at him bewildered!  So do I.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2172: Oct 10, 2020 09:03:35 am
      Agreed and he is a Moron.

Sometimes, only sometimes, I might watch the ESPN half hour talk show they have and he just dribbles on and talks sh*t.

The others just look at him bewildered!  So do I.

Reminds me that as an American I could go to UK and give the most brilliant intellectual presentation about something and at the sound of my accent, 3/4 of those listening would immediately decide it was rubbish. Someone coming the other way could spout absolute sh*te and everyone would think it was inspired.

Nicol was a manager here for several years when I was in sports media and the stories I'd hear about him and Paul Mariner would make you shake your head.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2173: Oct 10, 2020 09:25:32 am
      Imagine paying £14.95 a game extra to listen to Martin Tyler et al drone on 🤣
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2174: Oct 19, 2020 12:59:41 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2175: Oct 19, 2020 07:44:25 am
      Carra in his desperation to come across as a unbiased commentator has gone down in my estimation in his backing of Pickford.
      Almost screaming at Souness yesterday on Sky.....
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2176: Oct 19, 2020 09:37:01 am
      Carra in his desperation to come across as a unbiased commentator has gone down in my estimation in his backing of Pickford.
      What a c**t he is! F**k that spitting pr**k embarrassing his take on the situation. Zero time for cu*ts like him right now bad enough everyone else having a field day.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2177: Oct 19, 2020 09:39:55 am

He's never been the same since the spitting fiasco.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2178: Oct 19, 2020 09:45:22 am

Hes not really backing him hes saying it wasnt deliberate

For what its worth I dont think it was either

It was reckless, he deserved to go, Carra said that too but it wasnt premeditated

I genuinely think some of you shouldn't listen to the post match stuff

Devastating for us, genuinely genuinely gutted but it wasnt premeditated

These things happen in football, Souey and Carra both should know this

Actually Richarlisons challenge in football terms was far worse
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2179: Oct 19, 2020 11:43:48 am
      Hes not really backing him hes saying it wasnt deliberate

For what its worth I dont think it was either

It was reckless, he deserved to go, Carra said that too but it wasnt premeditated

I genuinely think some of you shouldn't listen to the post match stuff

Devastating for us, genuinely genuinely gutted but it wasnt premeditated

These things happen in football, Souey and Carra both should know this

Actually Richarlisons challenge in football terms was far worse
      We both watched the same footage right ? Both challenges were malicious and with intent there is no way Pickford has an intent to make a play at a legal tackle scissoring a lad who is 6ft6 at knee height?!

F**k Carragher sick of him.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2180: Oct 19, 2020 11:52:30 am
      We both watched the same footage right ? Both challenges were malicious and with intent there is no way Pickford has an intent to make a play at a legal tackle scissoring a lad who is 6ft6 at knee height?!

F**k Carragher sick of him.

Malicious and intent? In less than a seconds worth of thinking time?

No chance, what it was and is,is more proof of his lack of ability or reading which has shown in his actual keeping in the last 2 years

He went to make himself big and block the angle, but he got it so wrong he clattered him at knee height

Awful reading, awful attempt, awful goalkeeping. But malicious and with intent to hurt? No chance

The other one though? He would have known he cant win that, a far worse "attempt" and Thiago got lucky where Virg didnt

All carragher was saying is that he didn't mean to do him,which I agree with
      He did though and should have seen red

Malicious and intent, I'm not sure any players bar the very very few small incidence happen ( Souey being one actually I'm aware of, Keane another )
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #2181: Oct 19, 2020 12:06:06 pm

No chance, what it was and is,is more proof of his lack of ability or reading which has shown in his actual keeping in the last 2 years

He went to make himself big and block the angle, but he got it so wrong he clattered him at knee height

Awful reading, awful attempt, awful goalkeeping. But malicious and with intent to hurt? No chance

The other one though? He would have known he cant win that, a far worse "attempt" and Thiago got lucky where Virg didnt

Malicious and intent, I'm not sure any players bar the very very few small incidence happen ( Souey being one actually I'm aware of, Keane another )

As much as I adore Souey he is not in a position to criticize others do you remember the one he did for Rangers absolutely  x rated
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2182: Oct 19, 2020 12:30:30 pm

Malice and intent are two different things.  The  intention was there to stop VVD regardless of any consequences. Does that imply malice. For it to be called malicious there has to be the desire to cause harm and I don't think Pickford had that desire.

It was serious foul play and it was a red card. It's a contact sport,VVD knows that and I very much doubt VVD harbours any grudge against Pickford. I don't either.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2183: Oct 19, 2020 12:40:13 pm
      Malice and intent are two different things.  The  intention was there to stop VVD regardless of any consequences. Does that imply malice. For it to be called malicious there has to be the desire to cause harm and I don't think Pickford had that desire.

It was serious foul play and it was a red card. It's a contact sport,VVD knows that and I very much doubt VVD harbours any grudge against Pickford. I don't either.

Same for me,and Carra too it seems

I think malice, intent, premeditation is getting mixed up with lack of ability and reading of the game

As much as I adore Souey he is not in a position to criticize others do you remember the one he did for Rangers absolutely  x rated

I do mate, also away in europe for us I recall stories of him admitting intent

I love the bloke but yeah hes not on a strong footing there

Pickford deserved a red, 100%.. but I don't think he attempted to hurt Virgil

I'm not actually sure the same could be said for Richarlison, but because thiago seems to have got away with a serious one and a red was given that seems to be being forgotten

That was an awful straight legged, studs showing, over the top of the ball sh*t house

The difference is before he launched he knew the potential outcome.. I'm not sure Pickford did, he just got it awfully wrong and that is more of his lack of ability for me than intent

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2184: Oct 19, 2020 12:43:54 pm

Can't say that for certain mate although I do agree it's unlikely,  no one is privy to what is said and by whom in a dressing room, but it's entirely possible,
      opposition players can be targeted for let's just say special treatment,  dark arts are alive and kicking (pardon the pun) today as they have always been,

Essentially that was a two footed tackle in mid air and designed to hurt/maim a player, if it happened anywhere outside the box it's a straight red and automatic 3 match ban, seconds, nano seconds are irrelevant, as is making yourself big,  you can do that without jumping into a player,  that to me makes it more of a deliberate ploy than a genuine attempt to block/stop the player,

Your spot on in regards to Pickford, and i can't help but think that the stick he gets for his inabilities and the constant piss taking from us especially has got to him, and perhaps inwardly he has got some revenge, only that kunt knows for sure.

For me Carra has become a bit of a soft arse, he has to come across now as more of a brown nose to his paymasters,  yesterday's spat with Souness a typical (new) Carra response,  seemingly being more diplomatic, for most of us he's just talking sh*te.

YNWA

Quick Reply