Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430014 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2415: Mar 18, 2021 06:19:59 am
      aye townsend is terrible.

Ill say again, the best commentary this season has come from Amazon Prime.

Best saturday show, is now BT score.

Soccer saturday is terrible now.

Poor Stelling now is that bloke who has lost all his work mates and can't be arsed with the new ones.

I understand why they did it, but they could have just phased them out rather than in one big swoop and the worst one Merson kept his job!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2416: Mar 18, 2021 08:27:53 am
      Is he F**k!! If anything he's either Chelsea or Villa!! Two main clubs he played for. I guess none of you international lot have been subjected to him talking tactics. When ITV had prem highlights this knobhead had his own little 10 mins with the "Townsend Tactics truck" To say it was grim would be an understatement.

Agree can't stand Townsend on any commentary.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2417: Mar 18, 2021 10:38:44 am
      Poor Stelling now is that bloke who has lost all his work mates and can't be arsed with the new ones.

I understand why they did it, but they could have just phased them out rather than in one big swoop and the worst one Merson kept his job!

I don't understand why they did it at all, it certainly wasn't what the audience wanted and the first rule of media is to give the public what they want, oh and a little hint to all newly woke companies out there, social media does NOT represent the people at large.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2418: Mar 18, 2021 11:12:13 am
      The art of commentary is dead.

They now want to be part time commentators, part time football experts, part time comedians and overall wafflers.

Very rare now they explain the flow of the game as it unfolds.

Said on here a few weeks ago a blind person must have no idea of where the game is on the field..Next game you watch close your eyes for 5 minutes so you only have the commentstor to be your eyes. After the 5 minutes see if you have a clue as to whats going on or where the ball is
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2419: Mar 18, 2021 11:16:18 am

It would be ok, if they had replaced the old guys with new folk with personality, but they are all boring cardboard cutouts, just there to be young, female or black, they have just tried to fit the demographic they think the world expects now.

I really only use sky sports now for golf & LFC matches.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2420: Mar 18, 2021 07:40:42 pm
      The art of commentary is dead.

They now want to be part time commentators, part time football experts, part time comedians and overall wafflers.

Very rare now they explain the flow of the game as it unfolds.

Said on here a few weeks ago a blind person must have no idea of where the game is on the field..Next game you watch close your eyes for 5 minutes so you only have the commentstor to be your eyes. After the 5 minutes see if you have a clue as to whats going on or where the ball is
      Well and truly dead mate,the passing of Murray Walker was for me the last of the golden era of commentators & im not just talking F1,Dan maskell,( tennis ) Peter O’Sullivan,( horse racing ) Barry Davies ( footie ) David Coleman ( many sports ) to name a few,each & everyone of these commentators knew there respective sports inside out & above all had passion ,knowledge & charisma in spades  something today’s commentators will never have while they’ve got a hole in there arse.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2421: Mar 19, 2021 08:35:02 am
      The BBC got rid of Alan Green because he was to them too outspoken which of course is BBC talk for do what we say and say how we want you to say or F**k off ,

Green was brilliant he could make a pub game sound exciting.

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2422: Mar 19, 2021 03:19:29 pm
      Money for old rope
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #2423: Mar 19, 2021 03:44:55 pm
      Let's all crawl up Manchester's A**e' shall we,that seems to be the norm on telly,no mention of what we have achieved as a club past and present.
      We are still the most successful club this country has ever seen. Pundits & Commentators FO'.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #2424: Mar 20, 2021 09:03:13 am
      I can only cancel my Sky in September. Unless I pay a silly fee. However has anyone noticed that when you turn on ssn which is less and less these days for me, there always seems to be an article on MU. They seem to be completely obsessed. Even the missus has noticed, she’s Polish and couldn’t give a F**k about football.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2425: Mar 20, 2021 10:02:05 am
      Sky up, virgin up, bt up, premier up. bas**rds
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #2426: Mar 20, 2021 10:29:56 am
      I can only cancel my Sky in September. Unless I pay a silly fee. However has anyone noticed that when you turn on ssn which is less and less these days for me, there always seems to be an article on MU. They seem to be completely obsessed. Even the missus has noticed, she’s Polish and couldn’t give a f**k about football.

Been like that for decades now mate, there is a unequivocal bias towards those clubs in Scumchester and in particular those Red MUtants, the pendulum has swung now in favour of the shiti-zens simply because they are flavour of the month, to be fair tho they are head & shoulders above everyone else this season but, next season when we are on a more even keel, they won’t by quite so flavoursome, but the bias will remain, but don’t forget that Citeh are the best ever ever football team ever to have graced the English premier league ever!  ;)

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #2427: Mar 20, 2021 10:51:55 am
      Sky up, virgin up, bt up, premier up. Bas**rds

Exploitation of the masses mate, they have us football supporters over the proverbial barrel, taking the piss is a understatement, I fu**ed sky off just after the first lockdown, I could stream games on my iPad through the trees network but that’s fu**ed now, so I got myself NOWtv and pay about £40 a month, I can watch whatever games they broadcast along with other sports such as the ODi’s V India, what I don’t get to see is the European games but I’m happy enough listening to decent commentary where the play is explained better than what you get on tv, sometimes, once the pubs are back open I won’t be missing any European games involving LFC,

Alternatively there is always the nowtv day passes for a Tenner, in 24hrs you can get anything up to 4/5 games in, much better than forking out to the f***in greedy cu*ts at sky, bt etc.

Y  N  W A
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2428: Mar 20, 2021 12:46:07 pm
      The BBC got rid of Alan Green because he was to them too outspoken which of course is BBC talk for do what we say and say how we want you to say or f**k off ,

Green was brilliant he could make a pub game sound exciting.

YNWA

Green divided opinion but he was superb at capturing the moment. His commentary listening to 5 Live during the Olympiakos match will forever ring in my ears. Unfortunately for Green he just doesn't fit the profile of BBC Sport/5 Live these days. A true master.

How infantile has BBC Sport become?

Now you get Jermaine Jenas putting on his 'street' accent interviewing misogynistic YouTube stars like KSI about his FIFA squad while some third rate grime music plays in the background.

They should keep all that pro gaming, Fantasy Football tips bullshit out of the way.
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2021 12:53:04 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2429: Mar 20, 2021 06:20:12 pm

Exploitation of the masses mate, they have us football supporters over the proverbial barrel, taking the piss is a understatement, I fu**ed sky off just after the first lockdown, I could stream games on my iPad through the trees network but that’s fu**ed now, so I got myself NOWtv and pay about £40 a month, I can watch whatever games they broadcast along with other sports such as the ODi’s V India, what I don’t get to see is the European games but I’m happy enough listening to decent commentary where the play is explained better than what you get on tv, sometimes, once the pubs are back open I won’t be missing any European games involving LFC,

Alternatively there is always the nowtv day passes for a Tenner, in 24hrs you can get anything up to 4/5 games in, much better than forking out to the f***in greedy cu*ts at sky, bt etc.

Y  N  W A

Having to move soon so will sit down and work out what I am going to do
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2430: Apr 06, 2021 09:12:19 pm
      McManaman really is hard work isn't he.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2431: Apr 06, 2021 09:15:16 pm

Really bad - Carra is as worse now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2432: Apr 06, 2021 09:21:14 pm

Never since Cilla Black has a scouser gone out of their way to ensure that they put the 'inG's on words like 'getting and 'doing'.

He'd call Danny Ings, Danny Ingsings, him.

Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2433: Apr 06, 2021 10:06:20 pm
      Awful commentary tonight. A lot of these ex players go out of the way to not seem biased. He didn't even recognise the foul on Mane FFS.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2434: Apr 06, 2021 10:53:45 pm
      Never since Cilla Black has a scouser gone out of their way to ensure that they put the 'inG's on words like 'getting and 'doing'.

Needed a smile cheers mate
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2435: Apr 07, 2021 06:42:06 am

Sounds like a right tit trying to be all middle class,his pronunciation of joking is hilarious
      Though,sounds like joe king & im like who the F**k is this joe king he’s going on about  and what position is he playing.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2436: Apr 07, 2021 06:46:50 am
      Steve McManaman celebrating Man City's winner while we were losing really annoyed me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2437: Apr 07, 2021 08:24:03 am

Steve McManaman celebrating Man City's winner while we were losing really annoyed me.

I can tell he's still a blue.

Quick Reply