Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429789 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2484: Jun 24, 2021 01:23:42 pm
      Don’t talk nonsense

Sh*te commentators yes but they didn’t get to play at the top level without being very good footballers now did they

Levels yes but if you think that any of them weren’t very good then you’re kidding yourself

I said half of them not all.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #2485: Jun 24, 2021 01:28:58 pm

And I say all

It’s such a lazy argument to say ex pros weren’t good when in fact any player at whatever level who has made it pro is actually in the top 1% and is actually an unbelievable footballer to have made it
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2486: Jun 24, 2021 01:31:33 pm
      Don’t talk nonsense

sh*te commentators yes but they didn’t get to play at the top level without being very good footballers now did they

Levels yes but if you think that any of them weren’t very good then you’re kidding yourself

Being a good footballer, does not equate to knowledge of the game.

Being able to follow the directions of someone who understands a system, does not equate to understanding that system.

If the players actually understood the game in the way the top coaches do, there would be no need for coaches.

It's the same with anything: being able to play in an orchestra does not make a person Beethoven.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #2487: Jun 24, 2021 01:41:49 pm
      Being a good footballer, does not equate to knowledge of the game.

Being able to follow the directions of someone who understands a system, does not equate to understanding that system.

If the players actually understood the game in the way the top coaches do, there would be no need for coaches.

It's the same with anything: being able to play in an orchestra does not make a person Beethoven.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Neither is understanding what someone posted  and not being arrogant enough to think everyone is still on your point

Keith said that they didn’t even do it on the pitch

That’s the point I’m debating not whether they’re good or bad pundits, I agreed that most weren’t

Or is that too difficult to grasp for you?

Now I’ll just grab my tin hat for swab the bully boy to rant at me and then tell me I’m on ignore
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2488: Jun 24, 2021 01:49:39 pm
      Neither is understanding what someone posted  and not being arrogant enough to think everyone is still on your point

Keith said that they didn’t even do it on the pitch

That’s the point I’m debating not whether they’re good or bad pundits, I agreed that most weren’t

Or is that too difficult to grasp for you?

Now I’ll just grab my tin hat for swab the bully boy to rant at me and then tell me I’m on ignore

:lmao:

OK, diddums, why don't you get back into your safe space.

Always trying to get a F***ing rise aren't you?

And on point, not all pundits "did it" at international level, which was the whole F***ing point of the conversation, until you chipped in trying to stir the sh*t, yet again.

F***ing Heimdall's sock puppet strikes again.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #2489: Jun 24, 2021 01:54:29 pm

Always trying to get a f**king rise aren't you?

And on point, not all pundits "did it" at international level, which was the whole f**king point of the conversation, until you chipped in trying to stir the sh*t, yet again.

Don't worry mate, its OK buddy, this comes to us all in later life

Take your meds and have your nap
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2490: Jun 24, 2021 02:01:03 pm

See, you've given youraelf away Heimdall.

I've barely interacted with your wanksock, I haven't said I'd put "it" on ignore, and I haven't told the wanksock any personal details.

So, you've just fu**ed yourself.

And on that note, time to put the wanksock on ignore.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2491: Jun 24, 2021 02:15:44 pm
      And I say all

It’s such a lazy argument to say ex pros weren’t good when in fact any player at whatever level who has made it pro is actually in the top 1% and is actually an unbelievable footballer to have made it

Your entitled to say all if that's what you think just like your argument lazy to say they all was without any facts to back your statement up. Here's my facts, prove me wrong!!!

sh*t pundits as follow.

Darren Fletcher below average
      Gary McAllister above average
      Owen Harreaves below average
      Jermaine Jenas average player.
      Peter Crouch above average.
      Chris Sutton above average.
      Robbie Savage average.
      Andy Hinchcliffe below average.
      Paul Scholes great player.
      Patric Evra good player.
      Gareth Crooks average player.
      Dion Dublin below average.
      John Barnes great player.
      Steve McManaman good player.

That's just a few names that are sh*t pundits that all made it as footballers ( of sorts )

So what's your lazy argument?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2492: Jun 24, 2021 03:58:09 pm

Always trying to get a f**king rise aren't you?

And on point, not all pundits "did it" at international level, which was the whole f**king point of the conversation, until you chipped in trying to stir the sh*t, yet again.

I've barely interacted with your wanksock, I haven't said I'd put "it" on ignore, and I haven't told the wanksock any personal details.

Come on 19 times.  ;D It's not the first time you've been accused of being Heimy  :lmao: The dna in your post.  :lmao:
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #2493: Jun 24, 2021 04:55:08 pm

I haven't any idea what you're on about there lad

But nah I'm not him, not the first or last time you get things wrong but resort to trying to shout the loudest

You're just like any old weirdo in the boozer mate who thinks he knows everything but actually knows fuckall but just insists on shouting the loudest until someone puts them in their place
      Then moves onto the next pub amd rince and repeat

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2494: Jun 24, 2021 05:07:20 pm
      Come on 19 times.  ;D It's not the first time you've been accused of being Heimy  :lmao: The dna in your post.  :lmao:

Course it is.

Same M.O.
      Same targeting the same people.
      Same puerile attempts at sh*t-stirring.
      Same everything.

It's been obvious since the day Heimdall disappeared, and this sockpuppet registered.

Anyway, I put the gobs***e on ignore.

Life's too short to give attention to tw*ts.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #2495: Jun 24, 2021 06:37:37 pm
      I don't think nationality has anything to do with it.

What I find frustrating is the inability of ex-professionals to draw upon their own experiences in providing insight into the game. Some of them speak as though they are just a spectator like anyone else with nothing of particular value to add.

Don't tell us things we already know or can find in any boozer up and down the country. Tell us what from your experiences the considerations being made might be,  tell us what tactics could be advantageous under the circumstances based on similar situations you've faced, give a sense of what it is actually like to be part of a team trying get out of a situation. So many of them just repeat platitudes and either lack the imagination or the effort to integrate their own experiences into their analysis of the game.

I suppose that's why they end up as pundits.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2496: Jun 24, 2021 10:10:20 pm
      What I find frustrating is the inability of ex-professionals to draw upon their own experiences in providing insight into the game. Some of them speak as though they are just a spectator like anyone else with nothing of particular value to add.

This is a good point. They don't give you any more insight than what a fellow fan would come out with.

They are supposed to be professionals and listening to them should be a learning experience, not just fan chat.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2497: Jun 24, 2021 11:21:53 pm

Don't tell us things we already know or can find in any boozer up and down the country. Tell us what from your experiences the considerations being made might be,  tell us what tactics could be advantageous under the circumstances based on similar situations you've faced, give a sense of what it is actually like to be part of a team trying get out of a situation. So many of them just repeat platitudes and either lack the imagination or the effort to integrate their own experiences into their analysis of the game.

It's striking when you see the quality of analysis in other sports including a lot of ex players. Football seems to think if you have won a few trophies or are a 'big name's, that is enough
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2498: Jun 25, 2021 12:24:03 am
      It's striking when you see the quality of analysis in other sports including a lot of ex players. Football seems to think if you have won a few trophies or are a 'big name's, that is enough

A great example is the NFL show on the BBC.

Great chemistry with Mark Chapman, who had left now, and Osi and Jason. But as well as having fun they give great insight into the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2499: Jun 25, 2021 10:00:03 pm

I think most of the top ex pros are a bit dense to be honest.
      It seems the more intelligent intellectual ex players have other fish to fry .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2500: Jun 26, 2021 02:03:10 pm
      I think most of the top ex pros are a bit dense to be honest.
      It seems the more intelligent intellectual ex players have other fish to fry .

On the continent I feel they employ people who really take it seriously. Jürgen did punditry work during World Cup 2006 and Euro 2008 for German TV. He was a revelation and he took it really seriously, prepping and watching vids for interactive 'smart screen' analysis. We don't have anyone like that to fall back on.

The worse thing is, as license fee players we're paying the likes of Jenas, Savage and co to spew out these abject clichés and banal insights on the BBC. They clearly don't do prwpr work. We expect them to tell us something we don't know. But they don't. They're earning money for next to none prep work.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2501: Jul 03, 2021 09:08:44 pm
      Jenas and Mowbray is possibly my most hated commentary duo.

Painful.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2502: Jul 07, 2021 10:19:26 pm
      The late great Richie benaud said that two words you never use in commentary are us and we. F**k me, the standard of commentary  apart from Clive, ally and probably Steve Wilson has been abject.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2503: Jul 08, 2021 11:17:42 am
      The late great Richie benaud said that two words you never use in commentary are us and we. F**k me, the standard of commentary  apart from Clive, ally and probably Steve Wilson has been abject.

Fantastic comentator was Richie
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2504: Jul 09, 2021 05:10:07 am
      Fantastic comentator was Richie

Yep, he was probably the best of all the cricket comms, as was good old Bill McClaren of Rugby Union, Alan Green was pretty good too but not on the same level as Richie or Bill.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2505: Jul 09, 2021 04:02:44 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2506: Jul 09, 2021 04:57:35 pm
      Can't be doing with the dour, cynicism of Dixon so it'll have to be the BBC.

It really should've been Ali McCoist but imagine the uproar if they dared to put a Scotsman in, even though he's undoubtedly been the best throughout the tournament.

If there's any English person out there who would prefer Dixon or Jenas over McCoist on account the latter is Scottish then they should be shot.

But for England's biggest match in over 50 years, that's a putrid commentary lineup.

Sad thing is, I quite liked Lee Dixon when he's in the studio. But in the commentary box he's doing a Lawro impression with all that dourness and cynicism. As for Jenas...the less said about him the better.

Mowbray - when he's commentating on a goal it sounds like he's trying to be heard over a force 9 gale at sea. Matterface - just a Patridgean fool really.

Quick Reply