Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429772 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2507: Jul 10, 2021 01:41:17 pm
      I suppose that's why they end up as pundits.

If they’re that good, they’d end up as managers themselves. And remain there. It’s easy to name a few pundits who were previously sacked as managers.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2508: Jul 10, 2021 08:00:45 pm
      Being a Scot I will watch the game in mute, there is no doubt in my mind that any comments will undoubtedly be biased and that can't be helped for obvious reasons, 

Its just how it is, I wish England well, and  hope it's a very good game, however, I do favour the Italians because if it's victory for England just like in '66' we'll never hear the end of it.

Arrividerci!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2509: Jul 10, 2021 08:28:46 pm
      Being a Scot I will watch the game in mute, there is no doubt in my mind that any comments will undoubtedly be biased and that can't be helped for obvious reasons, 

Its just how it is, I wish England well, and  hope it's a very good game, however, I do favour the Italians because if it's victory for England just like in '66' we'll never hear the end of it.

Arrividerci!

... It's one on one!

No but seriously I echo your sentiments Billy. Would love to see Italy claim another major and this side has entertained us so much. Its been a real pleasure watching them and they start as solid favourites for me.

However I wouldn't begrudge England a victory in front of their fans on home turf. I suppose from a socio-political context the team and Southgate stand apart from the political nature of England and dare I say it represent an England that is the sort of progressive and modern society that it really is. It's lovely when sport and culture, like the London Olympics did in 2012 (with some extra help from Danny Boyle) can hold up a mirror to the better side of the country. It's amazing because they stand contrary to a large core of the England support who represent backwardness of some with their attitudes. I can sense a France 98 moment for them.

It should be a great final.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #2510: Jul 12, 2021 10:20:20 pm
      Keane was sucking Lemons after the game
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2511: Aug 16, 2021 11:14:51 am
      https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1426972911794114560?s=19

Don't follow this account but popped up on my timeline.

Micah Richards isn't everyone's cup of tea, he's irritated me plenty in the past, but he's bang on here.

Pogba gets slated yet Kane gets a pass for more or the doing the same thing. Souness apparently has 'sources' close to Kane as to why he dodged training and the way they try and shut Richards down is terrible.

Far too much positive bias given to English players in the media and also whole I'm at it Gary Neville is possibly the biggest hypocrite working in the media.
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2021 01:17:08 am by srslfc »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2512: Aug 16, 2021 11:21:26 am

Micah Richards isn't everyone's cup of tea, he's irritated me plenty in the past, but he's bang on here.

He's obviously biased when talking about City but on the whole I do enjoy watching him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2513: Aug 22, 2021 03:50:54 pm
      Just catching up on the other games on MOTD now and to see Murphy and Jenas again is almost soul destroying.

Clueless, arrogant, joyless and I could go on and on
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2514: Aug 22, 2021 03:52:44 pm
      Just catching up on the other games on MOTD now and to see Murphy and Jenas again is almost soul destroying.

I'd rather let Stevie Wonder shave my balls with a razorblade than watch those two.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2515: Aug 22, 2021 03:55:22 pm
      I'd rather let Stevie Wonder shave my balls with a razorblade than watch those two.

First bit of analysis was enough mate. I cannot bear to listen to either of them do have been only half paying attention in between games.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2516: Aug 22, 2021 04:00:50 pm

I've given up on MOTD and just watch the 3 minute YouTube highlights of the games now.

The pundits are just awful and gone off Lineker too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2517: Aug 22, 2021 04:03:23 pm
      I've given up on MOTD and just watch the 3 minute YouTube highlights of the games now.

The pundits are just awful and gone off Lineker too.

Was just about to post about Lineker as well.

His corny jokes and snidey remarks piss me off as well
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2518: Aug 29, 2021 10:50:44 pm
      Dublin and Jenas creaming themselves over Wan Biassaka clearance.

Am I missing something but they're getting on as this is one of the greatest things they've ever seen.
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #2519: Aug 30, 2021 12:29:59 am
      Has anyone else ever noticed Jim Begin's anti-Liverpool commentary? Picked it up a few times over the seasons. I've often wondered if he thought the club didn't do enough after the broken leg injury v Everton. As Alan Hansen has said, "that tackle was a mile high and a day late"

Seems to be fairly evident this season in the first few games, against Burnley last week he was "well Burnley did them last season here, they can't do it again, can they?" just a hint of hopefulness in the tone.

And he was a shocker for the Chelsea match, All over Teuchel, Mendy,  could hardly contain himself. Oh for the days when the commentary was impartial and finely balanced.

But as others have said, playing the game doesn't make you proficient in commentating about it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2520: Aug 30, 2021 12:34:07 am
      Roy Kent the best pundit in recent history, too bad he’s quit and gone back to coach at AFC Richmond.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2521: Aug 30, 2021 12:44:38 am
      I think we're all prone to a bit of hyperbole me especially but I'm confident that this is not hyperbole.

Jermaine Jenas is the worst pundit in the history of broadcasting and the worst that there will ever be in my lifetime.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2522: Aug 30, 2021 02:06:34 pm
      Has anyone else ever noticed Jim Begin's anti-Liverpool commentary? Picked it up a few times over the seasons. I've often wondered if he thought the club didn't do enough after the broken leg injury v Everton. As Alan Hansen has said, "that tackle was a mile high and a day late"

Seems to be fairly evident this season in the first few games, against Burnley last week he was "well Burnley did them last season here, they can't do it again, can they?" just a hint of hopefulness in the tone.

And he was a shocker for the Chelsea match, All over Teuchel, Mendy,  could hardly contain himself. Oh for the days when the commentary was impartial and finely balanced.

But as others have said, playing the game doesn't make you proficient in commentating about it.

Yep been said on here before he’s a bell end.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2523: Sep 01, 2021 12:20:59 pm
      I think we're all prone to a bit of hyperbole me especially but I'm confident that this is not hyperbole.

Jermaine Jenas is the worst pundit in the history of broadcasting and the worst that there will ever be in my lifetime.

He's by far the worst. I think he's the only one who's name I really dread to see.

Pundits / commentators on the whole don't bother me. Even when some of them make digs at Liverpool from time to time. They're paid to give their opinion at the end of the day so I've got no problem with them doing so, even if I may not agree with what they're saying.

The thing about Jenas is he never seems to have an opinion on anything. He's got to be one of the most boring men on the planet. Still can't believe BBC gave him the gig to commentate on the Euros final.

Well... actually, it's the BBC. So I can ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2524: Sep 13, 2021 01:20:53 pm
      Jamie Redknapp wittering on about whether Thiago could handle the atmosphere, tempo and Leeds midfield before the game.

Afterwards decided to educate us on how he's one of the best technicians around.

Absolute clown.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2525: Sep 13, 2021 05:37:59 pm
      Jamie Redknapp wittering on about whether Thiago could handle the atmosphere, tempo and Leeds midfield before the game.

Afterwards decided to educate us on how he's one of the best technicians around.

Absolute clown.

Same thiago who only played at camp nou and the allianz arena before he arrived here
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #2526: Sep 26, 2021 09:11:18 am
      Shearer really is a tw*t. That is all.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #2527: Sep 26, 2021 09:46:06 am

Second that.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2528: Sep 27, 2021 11:02:10 pm

Got my vote on that as well 😂
      He doesn’t talk like he’s just giving His opinion, he talks like that’s how it is, he’s the only authority on the game, and nothing else can be considered.
      F***ing clown.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2529: Sep 29, 2021 01:14:20 pm
      Got my vote on that as well 😂
      He doesn’t talk like he’s just giving His opinion, he talks like that’s how it is, he’s the only authority on the game, and nothing else can be considered.
      F***ing clown.

You could tell he was still seething about that Murphy chance against Watford last Saturday.

Quick Reply