Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429777 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2530: Sep 29, 2021 06:13:43 pm
      Don't know who is the worst, Shearer, Sutton or Savage tw*ts them all
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2531: Sep 29, 2021 06:18:55 pm
      Don't know who is the worst, Shearer, Sutton or Savage tw*ts them all

Can't stand any of them, Micah Richards, Jenas and Lineker are all as annoying too. Needs a revamp, get Colin Murray in, more of Crouchy and I hate to say it but even Scholes is good to have as a pundit. Along with Neville and Carra.

Roy Keane is just boring and trying to live up to his moody and snarky attitude now, Richards always does that loud, stupid fake laugh, the ones you've listed, along with Danny Mills don't know their head from their arse and Lineker is just an arrogant tool who's bitter side comes out more and more. Owen is bad too but at least he's not the worst when he focuses on talking about how to finish chances, actually talks sense then.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2532: Sep 29, 2021 08:11:13 pm
      Keane - Souness- Richards for me.  I know Richards knowledge not the best but he does make me laugh.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2533: Sep 30, 2021 02:30:55 pm

I agree, but have to be careful what you wish for. Probably end up with a load of women on there. It is after all the  BBC   :holyshit:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2534: Sep 30, 2021 02:57:46 pm

I agree, but have to be careful what you wish for. Probably end up with a load of women on there. It is after all the  BBC   :holyshit:

Not sure what the issue would be if a woman was on if she was qualified for the job??
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2535: Sep 30, 2021 03:05:48 pm
      Not sure what the issue would be if a woman was on if she was qualified for the job??

Alex Scott isn’t too bad IMO, a lot better than a lot of the blokes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2536: Sep 30, 2021 03:13:30 pm

She's good. Knows her stuff and from what I've read is qualified in media studies on some way as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2537: Sep 30, 2021 04:26:55 pm
      Why are the majority of pundits on tv & radio cockerneys who dont know ow to speek proper engererish ?  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2538: Sep 30, 2021 06:22:28 pm

Yea that's a weird comment. Rebecca Lowe does the main desk coverage for all of the NBC Sports broadcasts here in the states. She's literally awesome. She's not doing game commentary mind you but still, she's knowledgeable and doesn't come across as wearing her ass for a hat like a lot of these guys do.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #2539: Sep 30, 2021 06:51:06 pm
      There should be more female pundits IMO. It helps balance out some of the egos you see on the panels -- Wankers like Keane, Savage and Neville. It's also harder to talk sh*t in the presence of others who offer their perspective in a thoughtful and dignified way. My brother's wife used to play to a high level here and in the US at Colombia and is as smart and as knowledgeable about the game as anyone I know.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2540: Sep 30, 2021 08:53:46 pm
      Yea that's a weird comment. Rebecca Lowe does the main desk coverage for all of the NBC Sports broadcasts here in the states. She's literally awesome. She's not doing game commentary mind you but still, she's knowledgeable and doesn't come across as wearing her ass for a hat like a lot of these guys do.

Forgot about Rebecca Lowe, good call that like.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2541: Oct 01, 2021 07:54:44 am
      There should be more female pundits IMO. It helps balance out some of the egos you see on the panels -- Wankers like Keane, Savage and Neville. It's also harder to talk sh*t in the presence of others who offer their perspective in a thoughtful and dignified way. My brother's wife used to play to a high level here and in the US at Colombia and is as smart and as knowledgeable about the game as anyone I know.

Nah theres plenty now, Sky is loaded with them and rubbish ex players from the championship, or wee dicks from youtube.  :lmao:

The worst is that lass on sky with the bobbi firmino teeth and the suits, and again another that cant speek proppa engerish.  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2542: Oct 02, 2021 04:21:21 pm
      You know punditry on the BBC is in a cesspit when you are relieved to see Garth Crooks back on Final Score.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2543: Oct 02, 2021 04:47:37 pm

Not so sure about her if I'm honest,  I think she's a bit up herself imo,  the female commentator I like is Emma Hayes,  Chavs ladies manager,  she is very good, she will explain certain moves and reasons why rather than just ramble on or state the obvious like what your,  Murphy's,  Savages,  Hoddle et al do, she has got a bit of a annoying cockney twang but she knows what she's talking about to be fair,  I'd rather she be doing the summarising than any of those Tossers above.

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2544: Oct 02, 2021 07:20:51 pm

Not sure if she is still married to former Torquay United player and manager Paul buckle
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2545: Oct 03, 2021 10:11:17 am
      Only my opinion, but I think women pundits and commentators should stick to the women’s game.

Not saying the current men are better, most of them only state the obvious with the same cliche comments match after match.
      Certainly time for change to freshen up the whole scene.
      Women match commentators trying to make things sound exciting by shouting with high pitched screeching voices. Cuts right through me.
      Probably get slaughtered for this, but I’m assuming I do have a right to voice my opinion. 🤷‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2546: Oct 03, 2021 11:12:12 am
      Only my opinion, but I think women pundits and commentators should stick to the women’s game.

Not saying the current men are better, most of them only state the obvious with the same cliche comments match after match.
      Certainly time for change to freshen up the whole scene.
      Women match commentators trying to make things sound exciting by shouting with high pitched screeching voices. Cuts right through me.
      Probably get slaughtered for this, but I’m assuming I do have a right to voice my opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Well if you get slated so do I   :lmao:

I'll go one step further and say the men are better. Women's football is like watching non league football, not for me that's for sure. Think we should have a channel called sky sports women. The screaming they do is like chewing on beetroot
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #2547: Oct 03, 2021 01:06:52 pm

I'll go one step further and say the men are better. Women's football is like watching non league football, not for me that's for sure. Think we should have a channel called sky sports women. The screaming they do is like chewing on beetroot

I think most of us red blooded males would get slaughtered if we said what we really think, I know the ‘Modern’ men are more attuned to a more female friendly environment  and what not whereas we, born in the sixties Neanderthal ’ types still hold onto the say it as you see it mantra, and aren’t too bothered about consequences, to me that’s a truer reflection on what life is about rather than pandering to the masses all fair and equal bullshit,

Keith you are spot on regards to the quality of football on offer from the ladies, and like you I just cannot get excited by any of it, but it’s here to stay and it is welcome and perhaps through time ladies football will get better, but at the moment nah, I won’t be watching it, I could go to my local park and be bored senseless watching one or two pub teams on the same levels.

Y  N  W  A
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2548: Oct 03, 2021 01:18:24 pm

As for non league standards Keith, I see a lot of non league, and its far better.
      Clearly the interest is shown by the barometer of crowd support. Even the women crying out for equal exposure don’t go to the F***ing games. There’s only about 250 follow the ‘top’ ladies sides.
      The defending FFS, and don’t get me started on the keepers 😱
      I’d rather watch a game of croquet.
      Male players clearly 😂😂😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2549: Oct 03, 2021 02:05:35 pm

I think most of us red blooded males would get slaughtered if we said what we really think, I know the ‘Modern’ men are more attuned to a more female friendly environment  and what not whereas we, born in the sixties Neanderthal ’ types still hold onto the say it as you see it mantra, and aren’t too bothered about consequences, to me that’s a truer reflection on what life is about rather than pandering to the masses all fair and equal bullshit,

Keith you are spot on regards to the quality of football on offer from the ladies, and like you I just cannot get excited by any of it, but it’s here to stay and it is welcome and perhaps through time ladies football will get better, but at the moment nah, I won’t be watching it, I could go to my local park and be bored senseless watching one or two pub teams on the same levels.

Y  N  W  A

Very diplomatic Billy, obviously  spot on to be fair. I just didn't want to go round the houses but you've done it for me.  ;D
      Yeah the standards so bad, when I have sky sports news on I just mute it or fast forward if possible  ;D  Next thing will be wage demands but I'm not going there, I'll get myself in trouble so I'll quit on this subject now.  :lmao:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2550: Oct 03, 2021 02:20:02 pm
      Very diplomatic Billy, obviously  spot on to be fair. I just didn't want to go round the houses but you've done it for me.  ;D
      Yeah the standards so bad, when I have sky sports news on I just mute it or fast forward if possible  ;D  Next thing will be wage demands but I'm not going there, I'll get myself in trouble so I'll quit on this subject now.  :lmao:

Women have to be involved in men sports. It’s called box ticking. I’m surprised the referees are not transgenders in drag just to be really inclusive.
      The women’s game is poor standard. Like the African nations. Ruined by woeful goalkeeping and defending.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #2551: Oct 03, 2021 02:54:18 pm

Know what you mean mate, regarding wages, they done it in Tennis I think didn't they, equal pay, yet the Ladettes only play a max of three sets but blokes can play five,  how the F**k is that fair & equal, see, give women a inch they take a f***in mile   :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2552: Oct 03, 2021 03:18:56 pm

give women a inch they take a f***in mile   :f_whistle:

Nothing changed they aye  :lmao:

Quick Reply