Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430015 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2553: Oct 03, 2021 07:49:33 pm
      Notice that tit Tyler had to drop the 7-2 defeat to Villa last season in today's commentary. He really does like to bi*ch about us, tw*t.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2554: Oct 03, 2021 08:27:51 pm
      Notice that tit Tyler had to drop the 7-2 defeat to Villa last season in today's commentary. He really does like to bi*ch about us, tw*t.
      He’s been doing that for a very long time, he also dropped last season 4-1 defeat against city  into the mix,absolute w**ker.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #2555: Oct 03, 2021 10:04:27 pm
      On women football pundits and presenters, Gabby Logan is probably the best footy presenter on the air, male or female. Don't see what the issue is with women talking about men's football. It's men's only in the sense that men play it, not that men are the only ones that watch it or are entitled to an opinion on it.

Karen Carney is a good pundit. Not so keen on Alex Scott.

On the general topic of pundits etc:

Don't mind Lineker, Logan, Ian Wright, Gary Neville, Souness, Carney, Hartson, Stephen Warnock. Carragher is a good pundit, but spitting on kids has taken the shine off him for me. I don't actually mind old Diamond Lights cheeseball Glenn Hoddle (people say he just states the obvious, but he does notice some stuff I miss, maybe that's just me).

At the other end, Robbie Savage is, of course, an idiot. Chris Sutton is a tw*t. Dion Dublin is painful. Jermaine Jenas is up his own arse. Roy Keane is a bitter c**t who is only ever waiting to say the same thing about whichever set of players he is watching not having the "character, desire, leadership" that he wants to remind everybody he had.

In between, there's the likes of Shearer, Murphy, Redknapp who are not completely unbearable.

Oh and Dan Walker can f**k right off.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2556: Oct 05, 2021 07:27:25 pm
      Carragher is a good pundit, but spitting on kids has taken the shine off him for me.

Well it wasn't plural and let's be honest it was the first shower the kid and his arl fella had in ages the manc F***ing scruffs.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #2557: Oct 05, 2021 09:42:20 pm
      Well it wasn't plural and let's be honest it was the first shower the kid and his arl fella had in ages the manc f**king scruffs.

;D

No getting away from the fact it's a disgusting thing to do though, plural or not.

(Pleural or not n all. I'll get my coat.)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2558: Oct 16, 2021 11:57:39 am
      Listening to McManamam and Cole here is painful.

Such backward thinking and whilst I agree Watford go through Head Coaches very quickly they still them to think the manager nowadays sorts recruitment, contracts etc etc.

When Jake Humphrey seems to know more you know the 'experts' aren't very good.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2559: Oct 16, 2021 12:09:04 pm
      Listening to McManamam and Cole here is painful.

Such backward thinking and whilst I agree Watford go through Head Coaches very quickly they still them to think the manager nowadays sorts recruitment, contracts etc etc.

When Jake Humphrey seems to know more you know the 'experts' aren't very good.

BT Sport should be ashamed of themselves. Utterly dire. McManaman is a blown hard and Joe Cole an air head.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2560: Oct 16, 2021 12:10:55 pm
      BT Sport should be ashamed of themselves. Utterly dire. McManaman is a blown hard and Joe Cole an air head.

Did you hear their conversation about ex players and getting into management?

Only heard the tail end of it but seems they thought just be because you were a good footballer clubs should welcome you with open arms into the top coaching jobs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2561: Oct 16, 2021 02:08:02 pm
      Did you hear their conversation about ex players and getting into management?

Only heard the tail end of it but seems they thought just be because you were a good footballer clubs should welcome you with open arms into the top coaching jobs.

Tells you everything vyou need to know. Misplaced arrogance mixed with sheer stupidity
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2562: Oct 16, 2021 02:21:40 pm
      Tells you everything vyou need to know. Misplaced arrogance mixed with sheer stupidity

Yep.

Also that clown Jenas seemed to think the scoreline was only because Watford didn't play well. Don't recall him even considering its because we've been so good.

Thrives on negativity a lot of these pundits.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #2563: Oct 16, 2021 04:16:40 pm
      Jermaine Jenas is so utterly boring and annoying to listen to. His tone of voice sounds whingy, negative, extremely dreary. Hard to enjoy a game with that voice talking. Also for as good as Salah's goal was Jenas and Darren Fletcher were milking it to the extreme every 2 seconds, surely they can come up with something else to say other than fawning over themselves saying the same thing over and over again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2564: Oct 16, 2021 04:33:55 pm
      Yep.

Also that clown Jenas seemed to think the scoreline was only because Watford didn't play well. Don't recall him even considering its because we've been so good.

Thrives on negativity a lot of these pundits.

Exactyl. They believe that being critical = being insightful.

English pundits have a sheer inability to find joy and glory in something. Unable to recognise true brilliance before their eyes. They just come across as cynical, lazy and truly thick. They do next to no research on the teams and players they are analysing. They just spew out tired tropes and banal clichés with not an ounce of self awareness as to how pathetic they sound.

Cole, McManaman, Jenas...why anyone would think that lot are worthy of a payday doing what they do is bizarre. I'd pay all of them good money never to turn up on tv or radio ever again. F***ing appalling!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #2565: Oct 16, 2021 04:38:23 pm
      When Jake Humphreys has a go at Jürgen for a 'Spiky Interview' for answering a question then you know its going to be a sh*t session ! Joe Cole ...can't make his mind up on Mo Salah ,best in the world or not? really ? Commentators suddenly being expert managers and coaches and knowing better than people like Klopp or Ranieri ! yep, had to hit the silence button yet again !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2566: Oct 16, 2021 09:37:54 pm
      Jermaine Jenas is so utterly boring and annoying to listen to. His tone of voice sounds whingy, negative, extremely dreary. Hard to enjoy a game with that voice talking. Also for as good as Salah's goal was Jenas and Darren Fletcher were milking it to the extreme every 2 seconds, surely they can come up with something else to say other than fawning over themselves saying the same thing over and over again.

Thought today was one of Jenas’ better games as commentator. Some of the things he was coming out with about Rose and Cathcart was quite amusing
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2567: Oct 16, 2021 11:00:25 pm
      pr**k on motd lost his sh*t for Sarr near chance straight after Mo wonder goal when he barely reacted, pr**k
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2568: Oct 17, 2021 05:14:23 pm
      Once again Jason and Osi on BBC NFL coverage showing their 'soccer' counterparts how it's done.

Engaging, fun, knowledgeable, and great chemistry.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2569: Oct 18, 2021 09:24:13 am
      When Jake Humphreys has a go at Jürgen for a 'Spiky Interview' for answering a question then you know its going to be a sh*t session ! Joe Cole ...can't make his mind up on Mo Salah ,best in the world or not? really ? Commentators suddenly being expert managers and coaches and knowing better than people like Klopp or Ranieri ! yep, had to hit the silence button yet again !

they all missed the point about the KO time, this time is was more about FIFA having internationals on a friday morning before the english leagues starts back on the saturday lunchtime.

fekin mental. All international football should be finished by wednesday at latest when these breaks happen.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2570: Oct 18, 2021 10:23:38 am
      Once again Jason and Osi on BBC NFL coverage showing their 'soccer' counterparts how it's done.

Engaging, fun, knowledgeable, and great chemistry.

Where do I find this channel Si, do I need to stream it ? Please
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2571: Oct 18, 2021 05:20:15 pm

Where do I find this channel Si, do I need to stream it ? Please

I think he's referring to BBC's coverage of NFL and their round up show around 12:10am after motd. It's a bit like comparing Sky's football and cricket commentary teams. Massive difference.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2572: Oct 18, 2021 10:06:05 pm
      I think he's referring to BBC's coverage of NFL and their round up show around 12:10am after motd. It's a bit like comparing Sky's football and cricket commentary teams. Massive difference.

Ok cheers HR nice one 😁
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2573: Oct 18, 2021 10:44:22 pm

Yea sorry maybe that wasn't clear mate.

The coverage of the NFL on the BBC is so good in almost every way and as I said really shows up the Iikes of MOTD for what it's become.

Tired, boring, lacking in any real analysis etc.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2574: Oct 19, 2021 12:24:18 am
      Cant wait for tonight, just to hear another toss pot wright us off again, and wait for the change in their mood as we go storming on  :lmao: :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2575: Oct 24, 2021 11:11:28 am
      Cant wait for tonight, just to hear another toss pot wright us off again, and wait for the change in their mood as we go storming on  :lmao: :lmao:

Quoting my own post here. Same again then  :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply