Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429989 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2714: Apr 05, 2022 02:01:58 pm
      Can’t wait for Sunday, just to hear how exited they get when shitty get anywhere near our box.
      And how lost for words they are when we score 😂😂
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2715: Apr 05, 2022 10:05:36 pm
      I've said it before but McManaman is up there with the worst co commentators.

Talks absolute bollocks and always seems to be wingeing about something

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2716: Apr 05, 2022 10:08:26 pm
      Ronnie Whelan, dire. Shitetalk, tslk for talking sake, contradicting himself, building them up then knocking them down, aw dreadful
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2717: Apr 05, 2022 10:10:02 pm

Who was the dickhead with him? What a pair of tossers.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2718: Apr 05, 2022 10:13:47 pm
      Who was the dickhead with him? What a pair of tossers.

Ian Darke
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2719: Apr 05, 2022 10:20:57 pm

Absolutely awful he is.

In fact the whole BT setup is absolute sh*te really. Stopped watching anything before and after the game now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2720: Apr 05, 2022 10:24:40 pm

Interesting, I find him refreshing compared to some of the usual crew you get. I was certainly appreciative of him calling it like he saw it with respect to that Benfica forward throwing himself down all over the place. I thought he was reasonably complimentary of our players, something that some ex players seem to swerve for fear of being labeled as homers. Didn't really think he was worse than anyone else I would likely get on a stream.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2721: Apr 06, 2022 07:48:31 pm
      Interesting, I find him refreshing compared to some of the usual crew you get. I was certainly appreciative of him calling it like he saw it with respect to that Benfica forward throwing himself down all over the place. I thought he was reasonably complimentary of our players, something that some ex players seem to swerve for fear of being labeled as homers. Didn't really think he was worse than anyone else I would likely get on a stream.

He's funny the way he over exaggerates his pronunciation of any word with ing at the end.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #2722: Apr 06, 2022 09:19:32 pm
      Micah Richards, everyone...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1502290523620577287

He really doesn't have a clue, does he?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2723: Apr 06, 2022 09:33:55 pm

I feel sorry for Roy Keane (and that isnt an easy thing to do) putting up with him he is another useless annoying pundit I wonder how he got the job.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2724: Apr 06, 2022 10:47:01 pm

Henry’s response is something else haha, probably can’t believe he’s sharing a studio with such a moron.

‘Up there with Harry Kane’ - honestly, how do these ‘pundits’ find work
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2725: Apr 07, 2022 02:19:31 am
      Harry Kane :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's up there when one pundit was comparing Andy johnson to Roben!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2726: Apr 07, 2022 01:12:22 pm

Disagree mate, I find he just panders to his pay masters, only describing what we have all just seen, so no better than the usual drivel offered up by so called experts/ex- players, one of the best I’ve heard recently is Ally McCoist, he does tell you how he sees it and is refreshing to hear honest and forthright views, another is Emma Hayes, she is very good imo, she will explain certain moves a player may make and the reasons why, much better than the usual drivel offered up by the likes of Jenus, Hoddle, Macca, Savage, Townsend etc etc,
      Macca’s voice can be irritating too, akin to attaching a elastic band around a cats bollocks, mute is a much better option if he’s in the comm box !!

Y  N  W  A

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #2727: Apr 07, 2022 01:21:58 pm

F**k a Duck, really Micah, where the f**k have you been last 5 years, honestly that really is poor, the look on Henry’s face says it all, that’s insulting rather insightful, get this Micah, there’s a reason why Benzema’s at RM and Harry’s at Spud’s??
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2022 01:29:43 pm by billythered »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #2728: Apr 07, 2022 01:28:47 pm
      I feel sorry for Roy Keane (and that isnt an easy thing to do) putting up with him he is another useless annoying pundit I wonder how he got the job.

Cos he’s black, it’s certainly not for his knowledge is it, either that or it’s his guffawing laugh, I think he’s supposed to represent a more modern take on football, but without the more successful experiences like Keane, Souness had, he’s not exactly adorned with winning medals & gongs is he ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2729: Apr 07, 2022 01:35:09 pm

Disagree mate, I find he just panders to his pay masters, only describing what we have all just seen, so no better than the usual drivel offered up by so called experts/ex- players, one of the best I’ve heard recently is Ally McCoist, he does tell you how he sees it and is refreshing to hear honest and forthright views, another is Emma Hayes, she is very good imo, she will explain certain moves a player may make and the reasons why, much better than the usual drivel offered up by the likes of Jenus, Hoddle, Macca, Savage, Townsend etc etc,
      Macca’s voice can be irritating too, akin to attaching a elastic band around a cats bollocks, mute is a much better option if he’s in the comm box !!

Y  N  W  A

I hear you, thing is I don't get Macca too much on the broadcasts I watch. In fact, I hardly ever get any of the ones you mentioned (good or bad) so maybe he's just the best of a bad bunch that I'm hearing. I don't mind him too much and his accent cracks me up. Arlo White is one I get a good bit and not knowing much about his background, I think he does a decent job.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2730: Apr 07, 2022 01:51:46 pm
      I hear you, thing is I don't get Macca too much on the broadcasts I watch. In fact, I hardly ever get any of the ones you mentioned (good or bad) so maybe he's just the best of a bad bunch that I'm hearing. I don't mind him too much and his accent cracks me up. Arlo White is one I get a good bit and not knowing much about his background, I think he does a decent job.

Like Arlo White as well. Good voice, good proper commentator who doesn't descend into the sort of cloying 'I'm your mate' style commentary of Darren 'Fletch' Fletcher on BT or David 'Crofty' Croft on Sky Sports F1. (Any commentator referred to by nickname is a warning sign).

As billy mtnioned, I also like Emma Hayes  - don't agree with her on everything but she provides a good tactical assessment of things.

The best is undoubtedly Ally McCoist. Enthusiastic and shows a real love and appreciation of anything good that happens in a football match. A joy to listen to.

And, despite the earlier posts, I do like Micah. Just comes across as a fun loving, thoroughly decent guy. Smart and eloquent as well (aside from observations on Kane v Benzema!)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2731: Apr 07, 2022 01:56:56 pm
      No doubt Sundays game will be ruined by that knob jockey doing his best darth vader impression

and its livvvvve......pr*ck
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2732: Apr 07, 2022 02:55:26 pm
      No doubt Sundays game will be ruined by that knob jockey doing his best darth vader impression

and its livvvvve......pr*ck

It’s so cringe how he clearly hangs his hat on that and trying to make it his ‘catchphrase’. Silly tw*t needs to do us all a favour and retire
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2733: Apr 07, 2022 02:58:03 pm
      It’s so cringe how he clearly hangs his hat on that and trying to make it his ‘catchphrase’. Silly tw*t needs to do us all a favour and retire

Aye, and barely raising an eyebrow to a Mo screamer into the top corner while following through on himself when de bruyne fires one 12 feet over the bar
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2734: Apr 10, 2022 10:54:07 pm
      Jena's talking nonsense as per usual on MOTD
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2735: Apr 11, 2022 01:03:20 am
      I'm imagining a scenario where we (Liverpool) were 14 points ahead at one point in the season, City claw it back to one point.

We then play against them at home, draw 2-2, and all the press is almost completely positive about Us (Liverpool).

I can't see it.

I think in this scenario, everyone would be saying that we (Liverpool) dropped points at home, and that we missed an opportunity to go 4 ahead.

Yet right now everyone seems to be acting like City won the game today or got the positive result. Including all the pundits and Pep.

I find it so odd. Maybe it's just me.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2736: Apr 11, 2022 01:16:00 am
      Martin Tyler has always been a pr**k but still, he's been an awful commentator for a good few years now. Awful.

Quick Reply