Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429780 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2737: Apr 11, 2022 01:22:19 am
      Jena's talking nonsense as per usual on MOTD

That man is like dog sh*t, he's absolutely everywhere. The most beige, boring person on the entire planet. I've got no problem with any pundits really, even the stupid ones (at least they have an opinion). But Jenas F***ing does my head in. Stealing a living off being a fence sitting beige c**t
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2738: Apr 11, 2022 01:35:14 am
      That man is like dog sh*t, he's absolutely everywhere. The most beige, boring person on the entire planet. I've got no problem with any pundits really, even the stupid ones (at least they have an opinion). But Jenas f**king does my head in. Stealing a living off being a fence sitting beige c**t

Did you see his Liverpool/City combined 11?

Christ.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2739: Apr 11, 2022 01:40:07 am

Christ.

Mate how is he on the One Show hahaha. Was on Question Time years ago too and gave more political answers than the actual politicians who were on the show. I absolutely despise the fella. Stinks of boiled rice and dry chips out the chippy
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2740: Apr 11, 2022 06:22:59 am

Christ.

Seen that mate - both teams play 4 3 3 and he goes with some variation of 5 at the back (including Walker as a CB).

Bloke is an idiot
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2741: Apr 11, 2022 07:13:02 am
      I'm imagining a scenario where we (Liverpool) were 14 points ahead at one point in the season, City claw it back to one point.

We then play against them at home, draw 2-2, and all the press is almost completely positive about Us (Liverpool).

I can't see it.

I think in this scenario, everyone would be saying that we (Liverpool) dropped points at home, and that we missed an opportunity to go 4 ahead.

Yet right now everyone seems to be acting like City won the game today or got the positive result. Including all the pundits and Pep.

I find it so odd. Maybe it's just me.

You can’t expect anything less from the pro-Manc media mate, we all had to suffer it with ‘Yanited’ but they’ve went to sh*t so now it’s City who gets their cock sucked by the journo’s, it’s been happening for f***in decades, probably going back to our glory days from the 70’s when we used to win f***in everything almost every season,

Then it all changed after Hysel in ‘85’ when English clubs got banned from Europe and when Bacon face arrived at the toilet in ‘86’ and all the journo’s began licking his bellend, then Hillsborough happened and almost every f**ker who could write would stick pins in us like a f***in voodoo doll,

Everybody hates us mate, it’s why they call us ‘murderers’, bin dippers, and think we all sign on, it’s simply down to jealousy because we have achieved things only they can dream of, the journo’s write whatever they write more often for column inches rather than facts, basically full of lies, bullshit & click bait,

Your spot though, they’ve been lauding City up all season, thought the title was done and dusted in January, so for us to haul back a 14 point deficit, will be City’s own doing rather us being exceptional and yesterday’s draw was them dropping a point rather than us getting a draw, had they won, it would be City win the title decider, City are champions again, Pep is a genius etc etc.

WANKERS !!!!

Y  N  W  A
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2742: Apr 17, 2022 10:30:45 am
      One programme I actually enjoy when I watch it is those half hour MOTD 'Greatest' slots.

Think it's because they just seem to be having a bit of fun and trying too hard to he controversial.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2743: Apr 17, 2022 01:23:30 pm

Cos he’s black, it’s certainly not for his knowledge is it, either that or it’s his guffawing laugh, I think he’s supposed to represent a more modern take on football, but without the more successful experiences like Keane, Souness had, he’s not exactly adorned with winning medals & gongs is he ?

Wait...you think Micah Richards is only hired because he's black? Wow. Have you not seen other useless pundits everywhere like Jamie Bloody O'Hara (who played 3 first team games for Spurs), Paul Merson, Tim Sherwood to name a few? Even Liverpools own Stephen Warnock is terrible https://youtube.com/shorts/aja-JNNme0w?feature=share

Yikes.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2022 02:04:22 pm by PastorGeek »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2744: Apr 17, 2022 02:03:22 pm
      After the win yesterday it seems theres an odd narrative is being told that City were 'forced' to make changes to focus on the league, but their next game is BRIGHTON AT HOME!

Also the team they played was full of internationals, including Zack Steffans who is the USMNT's number one choice going into the World Cup. He played their last qualifier.

Our starting 11 cost £380m, Manchester City starting 11 cost £423m.

In the press conference after the match Pep claims we have a stronger squad and his statement went unchallenged.  :mad:
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2745: Apr 17, 2022 03:50:51 pm

In the press conference after the match Pep claims we have a stronger squad and his statement went unchallenged.  :mad:

Be careful - any mention of City having a strong squad or that Klopp is getting the absolute maximum out of our squad will have that part time fan CT chasing you around the forum
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2746: Apr 17, 2022 04:20:09 pm
      Thing is you need a ranking system..

w**ker: Rat Boy, Roy, Al,
      Tosser: Tyler, Warnock
      Dickhead: Jenus
      Quack:All ex-players looking for an easy pay day.
      Tolerable: Souness, McCoist

Not a great fan of Carra but at least he does try and nark rat boy. Had a go at Keane as well. But I must admit that fecking eejit  Stephen Warnock is the No.1 annoying git.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2747: Apr 17, 2022 04:35:14 pm
      After the win yesterday it seems theres an odd narrative is being told that City were 'forced' to make changes to focus on the league, but their next game is BRIGHTON AT HOME!

Also the team they played was full of internationals, including Zack Steffans who is the USMNT's number one choice going into the World Cup. He played their last qualifier.

Citeh have a bench of internationals Pep is spoilt for choice.

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2748: Apr 17, 2022 10:54:18 pm
      Not really a pundit or commentator as such, but Jonathon Liew of the Guardian.

Can’t stand the tosser ever since his first article for the telegraph was to write a really nasty piece about Liverpool and scousers in general (if I recall it was an article that was literally dedicated to how annoying we are) - unfortunately he hasn’t disappeared into the journalistic wasteland and has written another article that basically puts down our victory over City down to city being fired basically and essentially saying it would have been another result had they gone full strength.

Can’t stand the pr**k.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2749: Apr 18, 2022 01:59:22 am

It’s evident that pep has a stronger squad on paper, but we have a superior squad in performance.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2750: Apr 18, 2022 02:19:21 am
      Citeh have a bench of internationals Pep is spoilt for choice.

Don’t forget, Pep is the best manager/coach on the planet. He had the players, made his choices, planned the tactics, clearly based on the previous meeting.
      He got it fundamentally wrong. Under estimated us, clearly thought he’d set them up to win it. All the players he fielded, he bought to do a job. Clearly confident before the k.o. Nothing mentioned in the pre match presser about his weakened side we’re gonna struggle.
      Clearly didn’t respect us enough snd got a beasting.
      All the whinging after the game just shows a lack of class.
      It seems he thinks he had a right to win, based on the previous performance.

I have a feeling he’s now losing sleep thinking they could end up with winning nothing this season.
      Every time he closes his eyes he sees Jurgens big grin staring back at him 😂😂😂😂😂
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2751: Apr 18, 2022 09:07:32 am
      The pr**k on the beeb during the City game was a million times worse than Tyler in sheer desperation for us not to win. And I didn't think anyone could be worse than Tyler.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2752: Apr 18, 2022 11:48:07 am
      The pr**k on the beeb during the City game was a million times worse than Tyler in sheer desperation for us not to win. And I didn't think anyone could be worse than Tyler.

They're all pricks mate when it comes to praising LFC, they have nightmares of the re-emergence of the all conquering team of days gone by which ruled domestically and internationally for decades.

The same pricks know nobody is the equal of Jürgen Klopp and their frustration is embarrassing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2753: Apr 18, 2022 01:21:37 pm

Steve Wilson and yet according to other people I had spoke to they were all appreciative of his words regarding Hillsborough at the start of the game. Tyler and Tyldesley are the worst as they are absolutely manc arse-kissing cu*ts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2754: Apr 20, 2022 09:47:54 pm
      Who’s the woman commentator doing the City v Brighton match? She’s awful.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2755: Apr 21, 2022 04:23:29 pm
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #2756: Apr 21, 2022 04:39:03 pm

If you go on the Caff they have Tyler down as being a Liverpool supporter 😂

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2757: Apr 21, 2022 05:45:20 pm
      Steve Wilson and yet according to other people I had spoke to they were all appreciative of his words regarding Hillsborough at the start of the game. Tyler and Tyldesley are the worst as they are absolutely manc arse-kissing cu*ts.

I like Steve Wilson - definitely the best commentator the BBC have and it's farcical that he was passed over for the lead commentator's role in place of Guy Mowbray when Motson retired.

Speaks very movingly about Hillsborough because he was in the Leppings Lane end that day. He did a feature on Football Focus a few years back. He puts his survival down to a simple decision of choosing to go through a different tunnel that day.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2758: Apr 21, 2022 07:22:38 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2759: May 04, 2022 11:56:45 pm
      Dude interviewing Carlo Ancelotti after the game on BT SPORT says it was the "craziest comeback ever"

Um..Excuse Me??  ???

Quick Reply