Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429767 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2921: Aug 06, 2022 11:35:47 am
      The level of vitriol in the OP I found genuinely unpleasant, I didn't really take it as a call for some kind of organised fatwa against the pr**k.
      Your comments are obviously completely different in tone, which I'm more than happy to subscribe to.
      Bon Soir

Give over snowflake. We've seen a lot more vitriol than a few F***ing words on a screen!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2922: Aug 06, 2022 11:54:38 am
      Ffs. BTW sports chatting for 15mims about woman's footi   it's an EPL game folks get in with that please.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #2923: Aug 06, 2022 04:28:26 pm
      Give over snowflake. We've seen a lot more vitriol than a few f**king words on a screen!!
      I'm sure you don't need me to remind you, but...."F**king words on a screen!!" is actually the beginning, middle, and end of what this forum is all about.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2924: Aug 06, 2022 06:18:08 pm
      I'm sure you don't need me to remind you, but...."F**king words on a screen!!" is actually the beginning, middle, and end of what this forum is all about.

The point in general is you're another old fart getting your knickers in a twist. Chill out in your rocking chair with the peace pipe!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #2925: Aug 06, 2022 06:37:56 pm
      The point in general is you're another old fart getting your knickers in a twist. Chill out in your rocking chair with the peace pipe!!
      I'm alway's chilled brother...It sounds to me if either of us has got their knickers in a twist....I'll leave that there, personal insults not really my thing.
      Enjoy the rest of the weekend
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2926: Aug 06, 2022 10:14:22 pm
      Wonder which pair of gobshites it'll be in MOTD this evening?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2927: Aug 08, 2022 06:26:26 pm
      Tyler..." ...Blah blah...for any misunderstanding..".. 50 odd years of broadcasting experience...don't buy it and don't accept it was a ..."misunderstanding"...there was no misunderstanding..he meant exactly what he said..he knows it and he knows we know it. His apology was just the usual run of the mill waffle.

It was a vile insult to the 97 who lost their lives and a vile insult to the families of the 97. He probably knows that at 76, 77 in Sept. this might be his last season so he's getting in his little snide dig in. Regardless of what we think of him, his views carry a lot of influence and will be heard across a broad spectrum.

I doubt his views are isolated, plenty in the game and in the wider community blame hooliganism for the disaster. Some  politicians hold the same or similar views. Bias doesn't go away, it thrives and 'people' like Tyler feed the bias against this club.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2928: Aug 08, 2022 09:01:04 pm
      Tyler..." ...Blah blah...for any misunderstanding..".. 50 odd years of broadcasting experience...don't buy it and don't accept it was a ..."misunderstanding"...there was no misunderstanding..he meant exactly what he said..he knows it and he knows we know it. His apology was just the usual run of the mill waffle.

It was a vile insult to the 97 who lost their lives and a vile insult to the families of the 97. He probably knows that at 76, 77 in Sept. this might be his last season so he's getting in his little snide dig in. Regardless of what we think of him, his views carry a lot of influence and will be heard across a broad spectrum.

I doubt his views are isolated, plenty in the game and in the wider community blame hooliganism for the disaster. Some  politicians hold the same or similar views. Bias doesn't go away, it thrives and 'people' like Tyler feed the bias against this club.

I still can't hear anything else but him conflating hooliganism with Hillsborough. Andy Dunn in the Mirror today called it out for what it is - a subconscious belief that has been propped up by 30 plus years of Sky and the Premier League dismissing football history pre 1992. "Pre 1992 - football bad. Post 1992 - football good."
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2929: Aug 08, 2022 09:32:16 pm
      The usual sky hype and lies what’s new
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2930: Aug 11, 2022 03:21:12 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo

He doesn't have views. He has a voice which he uses for his job.

There will always be people biased against this club. The more of a threat we are, the stronger it is. But I honestly don't know how he can turn up to do his job at either stadium in Liverpool, having said what he did. Unless he wants to be reminded of it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #2931: Aug 13, 2022 07:01:44 pm
      Rat boy moaning he has to face that ballon on Monday night no doubt he will be with the other biased commentator Tyler
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #2932: Aug 13, 2022 11:02:28 pm
      Gary Neville eventually acting up against the direction of football there but Jamie Redknapp angry man act does my swede in, seriously what's his background? His dad is a manager (was?) sod off seriously, him 'arguing' well it seemed like he wanted a fight. total tit. I don't wan't to hear analysis from Redknapp jr the mafioso boss wannabe or Jenas the penas brained turnip, that's the start.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2933: Aug 15, 2022 06:14:31 pm
      Souness might regret saying.."it's a man's game...we got our game back" after the Chelsea 2 Spurs 2 game. Sky might give him the boot as they are or try to be fully inclusive etc.

In fact the game wasn't that rough, it was just Conte and Tuchel gesturing a few times.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #2934: Aug 15, 2022 06:39:50 pm
      Souness might regret saying.."it's a man's game...we got our game back" after the Chelsea 2 Spurs 2 game. Sky might give him the boot as they are or try to be fully inclusive etc.

In fact the game wasn't that rough, it was just Conte and Tuchel gesturing a few times.

But there is the problem it is a man’s game ffs, if the two teams were women then it would be a woman’s game, F***ing snowflakes
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2935: Aug 15, 2022 06:48:17 pm
      Is the souness stuff a storm in a d-cup ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2936: Aug 15, 2022 06:50:12 pm
      But there is the problem it is a man’s game ffs, if the two teams were women then it would be a woman’s game, f**king snowflakes

there were 22 men on the pitch and Taylor not a woman in site. Everyone new what he was saying just these easily offended muppets looking to throw their toys out of their prams.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2937: Aug 15, 2022 08:45:22 pm

Not seen the clip but if that’s all he’s said and they ban him the snowflakes win again.  :f_steam: I hate snowflakes with a fcuking passion.  :mad:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2938: Aug 15, 2022 10:46:23 pm
      Carra is getting annoying,  he said the injuries don't matter. Ffs   we were missing tonight, thiago, Bobby, Jones, jota, konate, matip, Jones, keleher, then guys like gomez kostas just back. Etc.  It all matters. Even after that we could have won. But it's still a tough start with all the injuries
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2939: Aug 15, 2022 10:48:39 pm

Also said it after he got reminded it wasn't just a mans game.

Felt so awkward and he was fuming after being told it's a women's game too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2940: Aug 15, 2022 10:57:05 pm
      Not seen the clip but if that’s all he’s said and they ban him the snowflakes win again.  :f_steam: I hate snowflakes with a fcuking passion.  :mad:

You could say that but I get the feeling Souness is a guy who's not too fond of women's football and having female pundits.

Just a hunch but I wouldn't be surprised.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2941: Aug 16, 2022 11:08:59 am
      You could say that but I get the feeling Souness is a guy who's not too fond of women's football and having female pundits.

Just a hunch but I wouldn't be surprised.

I’m not fond of women’s football either Si, his reason could be the same as mind and that’s the standard is just so low. Even the standard of pundits has dropped to all the new diversity changes.

However, the new standards are based on diversity and not how good you are which is wrong hence why standards not as good anymore.

Souness for me is one of the best pundits out there, easily in my top 5  and can listen to him all day. For the snowflakes to excuse him of being ??????????? not even sure what word to use as I’ll get accused of something myself.   ;D

Fcuk the snowflakes, like me if you don’t like something just don’t watch it.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2942: Aug 16, 2022 11:26:44 am
      Some of the lady pundits are ok, talk a good game.

But that one that does sky news with the bobby firmino teeth and the mens suits. ffs get her in the bin. l o l
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #2943: Aug 16, 2022 11:49:54 am
      There will be men, but mostly women who find his comments offensive. He is paid to have and give his opinions. He's obviously not enamoured by the women's game ( Nor am I ).....and he has made his view crystal clear. Let's face it...It's not offensive, maybe insensitive at worse.
      If you're offended, then be offended.

Quick Reply