Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429876 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #2944: Aug 16, 2022 12:52:23 pm
      Some of the lady pundits are ok, talk a good game.

But that one that does sky news with the bobby firmino teeth and the mens suits. ffs get her in the bin. l o l

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2945: Aug 16, 2022 12:57:10 pm
      There will be men, but mostly women who find his comments offensive. He is paid to have and give his opinions. He's obviously not enamoured by the women's game ( Nor am I ).....and he has made his view crystal clear. Let's face it...It's not offensive, maybe insensitive at worse.
      If you're offended, then be offended.

You mean snowflakes?

Would I be bothered if women say their better cooks than men? ( of course not) Why should women be bothered that mens football is of a higher standard than womens? Sometimes the truth hurts, especially for the snowflakes.  :tosser:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2946: Aug 16, 2022 05:08:43 pm
      Hardly ever watch the punditry these days.All a bit tame. I don't like Keane but at least the narkometre goes up a notch or two. Carra likes to mix it with him. I mean the Chelsea /Spurs game wasn't a dirty game, it was just Conte celebrating and goading Tuchel.

More women watch the men's game than vice versa so Souness is fighting a losing battle. Far as Sky are concerned they want as many watching as poss so they can flog us ..feckin' biscuits or cars or budgies...that's the thing isn't it..yer never see adverts for budgies..I mean we had a budgie when I was kid..Joey..yeah...flew off the b***ard..

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2947: Aug 16, 2022 05:11:43 pm
      Far as Sky are concerned they want as many watching as poss so they can flog us ..feckin' biscuits or cars or budgies...that's the thing isn't it..yer never see adverts for budgies..I mean we had a budgie when I was kid..Joey..yeah...flew off the b***ard..

:lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2948: Aug 16, 2022 05:18:54 pm

More women watch the men's game than vice versa so Souness is fighting a losing battle. Far as Sky are concerned they want as many watching as poss so they can flog us ..feckin' biscuits or cars or budgies...that's the thing isn't it..yer never see adverts for budgies..I mean we had a budgie when I was kid..Joey..yeah...flew off the b***ard..

We had a budgie called Joey when I was a kid wish he'd have F***ing flown off the vicious little b***ard it was always biting me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2949: Aug 16, 2022 05:27:04 pm
      You mean snowflakes?

Would I be bothered if women say their better cooks than men? ( of course not) Why should women be bothered that mens football is of a higher standard than womens? Sometimes the truth hurts, especially for the snowflakes.  :tosser:

Political correctness mate, next is teams of one legged men dressed as Long John Silver with parrots on their shoulder, which would be offended, one legged men, Long John Silver impersonators or literate parrots??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2950: Aug 16, 2022 05:30:43 pm
      Political correctness mate, next is teams of one legged men dressed as Long John Silver with parrots on their shoulder, which would be offended, one legged men, Long John Silver impersonators or literate parrots??

It all stinks Stuey and Iā€™m not changing my ways to suit the snowflakes/ political correctness or whatever they want to call it. They can go fcuk themselves.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2951: Aug 16, 2022 06:35:51 pm
      Listened to 5 Live Monday Night Club last night and enjoyed the discussion.

That station has gone down the desperate route of appealing to younger audiences but there's still some good stuff on it.

I like Chris Sutton. Bit grumpy but I genuinely think what he says is impartial and how he really sees it. Entertaining too! And his time in Scottish football gives a genuinely rare insight into the game across Britain that is unmatched.  Mark Chapman is a consummate pro in the best traditions of the best sports presenters (so watch him get passed over for the MOTD gig for Jermaine Jenas when Lineker calls it a day). Good choice of journalist too - Rory Smith from New York Times one of the best out there.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #2952: Aug 16, 2022 07:06:59 pm
      Listened to 5 Live Monday Night Club last night and enjoyed the discussion.

That station has gone down the desperate route of appealing to younger audiences but there's still some good stuff on it.

I like Chris Sutton. Bit grumpy but I genuinely think what he says is impartial and how he really sees it. Entertaining too! And his time in Scottish football gives a genuinely rare insight into the game across Britain that is unmatched.  Mark Chapman is a consummate pro in the best traditions of the best sports presenters (so watch him get passed over for the MOTD gig for Jermaine Jenas when Lineker calls it a day). Good choice of journalist too - Rory Smith from New York Times one of the best out there.

I really hope you are wrong about Jenas, he has to be one of the most over rated "Pundits" out there, he really is a knobhead.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #2953: Aug 16, 2022 07:07:16 pm
      You mean snowflakes?

When that recent Ladyball footy-fest was in full swing I mentioned "I found it a hard watch" and was told "You can't compare it to the men's game"....I hadn't and still haven't ...I found it a hard watch in the same way I would find ants playing football a hard watch...though the novelty of ants playing footy would be preferable to Ladyball....No Offence intended.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2954: Aug 16, 2022 07:11:01 pm
      When that recent Ladyball footy-fest was in full swing I mentioned "I found it a hard watch" and was told "You can't compare it to the men's game"....I hadn't and still haven't ...I found it a hard watch in the same way I would find ants playing football a hard watch...though the novelty of ants playing footy would be preferable to Ladyball....No Offence intended.

:lmao:

Probably prefer to watch the ants, least they bite back.  :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #2955: Aug 16, 2022 07:50:44 pm
      Couldn't believe the reaction to the Souness comments. You've got a warrior of a man there who has won as much as anyone in the game praising the fact that he'd seen a full-blooded encounter and speaking as you would if you were from an era where the players did get battered and bruised every week and then out of that some absolute bell ends interpret what he's said as demeaning to women. Only a dickhead seeking to be offended would draw the wrong implication from his words!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2956: Aug 16, 2022 08:05:26 pm
      Iā€™m not fond of womenā€™s football either Si, his reason could be the same as mind and thatā€™s the standard is just so low. Even the standard of pundits has dropped to all the new diversity changes.

However, the new standards are based on diversity and not how good you are which is wrong hence why standards not as good anymore.

Souness for me is one of the best pundits out there, easily in my top 5  and can listen to him all day. For the snowflakes to excuse him of being ??????????? not even sure what word to use as Iā€™ll get accused of something myself.   ;D

Fcuk the snowflakes, like me if you donā€™t like something just donā€™t watch it.

To be honest for me some of the better pundits these days are the female ones as they actually seem to do a bit of research.

Give me that anyday over the likes of Danny Murphy, Steve McManaman, Rio Ferdinand et al.

I agree there has been an over reaction to what Souness said but I still think deep down it was tinged with a bit of misogyny and 'men know more than women' about it.

Just a hunch as I said but think it's there.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2957: Aug 16, 2022 08:21:25 pm
      Couldn't believe the reaction to the Souness comments. You've got a warrior of a man there who has won as much as anyone in the game praising the fact that he'd seen a full-blooded encounter and speaking as you would if you were from an era where the players did get battered and bruised every week and then out of that some absolute bell ends interpret what he's said as demeaning to women. Only a dickhead seeking to be offended would draw the wrong implication from his words!

Only a dickhead? You mean snowflake  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2958: Aug 16, 2022 08:28:18 pm
      To be honest for me some of the better pundits these days are the female ones as they actually seem to do a bit of research.

Give me that  anyday over the likes of Danny Murphy, Steve McManaman, Rio Ferdinand et al.

I agree there has been an over reaction to what Souness said but I still think deep down it was tinged with a bit of misogyny and 'men know more than women' about it.

Just a hunch as I said but think it's there.

Iā€™ve no problem with men or women  ( or shud that be person/s  ;D ) pundits as long as their good enough. However, your certainly right about the above 3 male!! ( is that allowed  :f_whistle: ) pundits.

Will I get into trouble like Souness for being politically incorrect  :lmao:

The worlds mad Si.  ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2959: Aug 16, 2022 08:35:22 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DV87F8wTt0&ab_channel=meltedMatt1

How has this whole discussion gone this far without anybody bringing David Brent's comment up?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2960: Aug 16, 2022 08:39:09 pm

How has this whole discussion gone this far without anybody bringing David Brent's comment up?

Totally agree, have you got link to what Souness said as Iā€™ve not seen it yet.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2961: Aug 17, 2022 03:05:38 pm

Brent a mixture of Souness and Nunez in that clip.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2962: Aug 17, 2022 03:21:58 pm
      Brent a mixture of Souness and Nunez in that clip.

Sat in work and just burst out laughing reading that comment.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2963: Aug 19, 2022 01:57:40 pm
      Quote from tezmac
      But there is the problem it is a manā€™s game ffs, if the two teams were women then it would be a womanā€™s game, F***ing snowflakes

When was football ever a woman's game? Most of them have no interest in the game, and most have more important things to worry about than throwaway comments from Graeme Souness.

Unfortunately, as he well knows himself, he can't say those things in public or else he's going to get the response he got. He's lucky that he hasn't lost his job and any endorsements from cancel culture. As a man, you're on very thin ice if you say something in public that criticises or discriminates (or may be seen to) against women or minorities. They all have powerful voices, and platforms, and lobby groups, and they have plenty to say when a man has a slip of the tongue. So no matter how right you are, you just can't do it. Or else you have a lot of explaining to do.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2964: Aug 21, 2022 10:45:37 pm
      MOTD2

Do the BBC have to insist that every throwback montage containing clips from pre 1990s (in this case the Leeds v Chelsea rivalry) is soundtracked to Blue Monday by New Order??? Becoming so repetitive now that it's clichƩd.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2965: Aug 22, 2022 12:27:31 pm
      If thereā€™s an issue with ā€œitā€™s a manā€™s gameā€ and the ladies or anyone else object.
      Next pre season, let the mens prem sides play the ladies sides. Full on, 100% no holding back.
      Then these tossers will realise, yes, it is a manā€™s game, but ladies play it as well to a lesser level.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2966: Aug 22, 2022 04:10:27 pm
      When was football ever a woman's game? Most of them have no interest in the game, and most have more important things to worry about than throwaway comments from Graeme Souness.

Unfortunately, as he well knows himself, he can't say those things in public or else he's going to get the response he got. He's lucky that he hasn't lost his job and any endorsements from cancel culture. As a man, you're on very thin ice if you say something in public that criticises or discriminates (or may be seen to) against women or minorities. They all have powerful voices, and platforms, and lobby groups, and they have plenty to say when a man has a slip of the tongue. So no matter how right you are, you just can't do it. Or else you have a lot of explaining to do.

But in a so called free society ā€˜Menā€™ shouldnā€™t have to explain themselves at all, we have the tail wagging the f***in dog here, and thatā€™s not a euphemism to women, Iā€™m all for a bit of diversity, Iā€™m all for women playing the game, but Iā€™m fu**ed if Iā€™m told I canā€™t express how I feel whether thatā€™s deemed offensive or not, Keith Singleton is a dirty Scummy Manc Cnut, but you donā€™t see him crying into his knitted yogurt or see the snowflakes jizzing all over their snow person just because I abuse the sh*t out of him on these boards, fact is heā€™s probably a pretty decent fella apart from supporting that shower of sh*te, truth is itā€™s because of our rivalry we have this respectful ā€˜dislikeā€™ and abusive banter, otherwise weā€™d all be f***in snowflakes wouldnā€™t we ?

The unfortunate fact is the PC brigade dictate what we say, what we do and what we might do and put in idiotic laws in place so as to make it seem offensive, but nobody is really offended are they, most ppl do have thickish skin, do have a spine, and can brush abusive insults off, like dandruff from your shoulders, yet, we are all being programmed into being a non complaining society, easy to control, easy to dictate to, a do as your told, and do as we say society, in short we are becoming nothing more than minions of a Fascist state, and I find this deeply offensive, and my human rights being eradicated while being ethnically cleansed at the same time, so happy f***in Xmas wankers, weā€™re all f***in Doomed !!!

Quick Reply