Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429794 times
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3036: Nov 05, 2022 02:52:48 pm
      WILL YOU BE PAYING TO WATCH, AND MAKE A BIG SUCCESS OF IT ?

It's all going to be on terrestrial TV so we don't have to directly pay for it, but when the BBC and ITV get good ratings for the games it will justify their decision to pay for the TV rights.

This is a very difficult issue. How many of us have paid SKY subscriptions to watch Liverpool in the last 30 years? I personally think Rupert Murdoch has been a more sinister influence on the world than a bunch of conservative Qataris with loads of oil money.

How we spend our money always gives us difficult choices. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.

I'll be watching the matches but the whole situation makes me frustrated and angry with FIFA and the state of our world.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3037: Nov 06, 2022 08:26:15 am
      Murphy & Jenus are total D***s in most of their summations of football. Why do I watch MOTD Fkd if I know.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #3038: Nov 06, 2022 08:44:51 am
      See its clever when De Bruyne does it . Imagine if Mo had that given for him can't see the word used being clever
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #3039: Nov 06, 2022 10:19:20 am
      See its clever when De Bruyne does it . Imagine if Mo had that given for him can't see the word used being clever
      Out & out cheating ,Murphy ,jenas, & Lineker
      3 shithouses together for  not calling it for what it was & i would add Mowbray to that list  who was doing the coms and also said F**k all,one tw*t of a programme.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3040: Nov 06, 2022 12:22:01 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3QoiPxJo7k&ab_channel=SkySportsPremierLeague

Blatant 100% dive. If anything it was a foul by KDB. He puts his boot across trying to drag the ball back and actually kicks the defender. Blatant cheating and it's as clear as day as he throws himself to the ground.

VAR is a con. Integrity out the window with one cheating decision.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #3041: Nov 06, 2022 03:19:12 pm
      I am sick to death of players dragging their trailing leg to initiate contact with a tackler to gain an unfair advantage. If we can all see it then the referees can definitely see it. Just another case of weak pussy referees letting the players run the game.

I'll say it again, the FA should get rugby referees in to put the game right. Respect for the referee is prevalent in rugby, it is non existent in football.

Another thing about VAR, in rugby the same system (TMO) is used but the viewers and supporters get to hear the conversation and discussion of incidents as they happen. It is because the referees are strong and know the rules. If five players surround a referee in rugby i can assure you they are all getting sin binned.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3042: Nov 07, 2022 08:56:23 am
      the way sky talked about spuds after the game last night you would think they had won the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3043: Nov 09, 2022 05:43:38 pm
      the way sky talked about spuds after the game last night you would think they had won the game.

Got the feeling they were expecting a Spurs win until a) Conte's team selection was announced and then b) the Reds did the biz.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3044: Nov 10, 2022 09:00:45 am
      Got the feeling they were expecting a Spurs win until a) Conte's team selection was announced and then b) the Reds did the biz.

Its the Harry Kane england factor init. Desperate for him to do well. ;D
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #3045: Nov 11, 2022 12:31:50 pm

Blatant 100% dive. If anything it was a foul by KDB. He puts his boot across trying to drag the ball back and actually kicks the defender. Blatant cheating and it's as clear as day as he throws himself to the ground.

First time I've seen that and if that's a pen the the game's a bogey!
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 511 posts | 50 
      Reply #3046: Nov 11, 2022 01:04:20 pm
      First time I've seen it as well,absolutely shocking.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #3047: Nov 11, 2022 01:12:39 pm

The FA still refuse to implement VAR as the sole judgemental factor in refereeing decisions, the final word is given to an FA appointed official making VAR totally redundant!
      How the F**k they get away with it is a mystery.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #3048: Nov 11, 2022 01:49:13 pm
      I am sick to death of players dragging their trailing leg to initiate contact with a tackler to gain an unfair advantage. If we can all see it then the referees can definitely see it. Just another case of weak pussy referees letting the players run the game.

I'll say it again, the FA should get rugby referees in to put the game right. Respect for the referee is prevalent in rugby, it is non existent in football.

Kane is a master of exaggeration and the cheating you describe, his deception is accepted possibley because of his status as a vital member of the England squad and his team of media adoration that is the Spuds.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3049: Nov 11, 2022 02:11:16 pm
      Kane is a master of exaggeration and the cheating you describe, his deception is accepted possibley because of his status as a vital member of the England squad and his team of media adoration that is the Spuds.

Lets see if he dives for England against Iran or in any other game. Was thinking of boycotting the thing but I will probably watch a few of the games.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #3050: Nov 11, 2022 02:14:35 pm
      Lets see if he dives for England against Iran or in any other game. Was thinking of boycotting the thing but I will probably watch a few of the games.

Always blank it mate, not really intentionally but just could not be arsed with the sh*te.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3051: Nov 11, 2022 02:38:56 pm
      some good games worth watching and the knockout games are always interesting to watch but England no thanks and that f***in drum and trumpet needs shoving up where the sun don't shine
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3052: Nov 11, 2022 05:23:18 pm
      What the hell is with this Jemaine penis guy? I'm watching the champions league final against Spurs, did that guy as a player ever do anything of note at all? Soaks all potential fun out of any occasion and is just annoying to listen to, man footy is annoying most of the time because of who is watching it with you and talking utter crap.
      Mcmanaman is a commentator too on this game (complicated name to spell great player crap anti liverpool pundit), the Fletch guy he keeps referring too in the Barca 4 nil game is a boss commentator btw to say something positive in life, ~Fletch is doing this final too but is probably like wtf is the jamane penis guy, unfortunate,
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2022 05:31:40 pm by Crunchycrisps »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3053: Nov 12, 2022 10:18:14 am
      What the hell is with this Jemaine penis guy? I'm watching the champions league final against Spurs, did that guy as a player ever do anything of note at all? Soaks all potential fun out of any occasion and is just annoying to listen to, man footy is annoying most of the time because of who is watching it with you and talking utter crap.
      Mcmanaman is a commentator too on this game (complicated name to spell great player crap anti liverpool pundit), the Fletch guy he keeps referring too in the Barca 4 nil game is a boss commentator btw to say something positive in life, ~Fletch is doing this final too but is probably like wtf is the jamane penis guy, unfortunate,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gives all of us on these boards a insight of what your idea/understanding of football, ‘Fletch N Macca’ the BT go to comms are pathetic, the both of them incessantly put us down and are always negative towards us, I often have to mute the gogglebox and later apologise to neighbours for the amount of abuse deservedly directed to those pair of tw*ts,

Compare them to say. Ally McCoist and it’s like chalk N cheese, for a former Red Macca really should know better, and his screeching girly voice so irritating, but worse of all is their collective ineptitude and they only describes exactly what we’ve just watched, no explanation or reasons why this or that happens or indeed any tactics a manager may or may not use, BORING CNUTS is a better more accurate description of them, and certainly a far cry from being ‘Boss’ !!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3054: Nov 12, 2022 10:30:49 am
      ESPN Gab and some other non entity discussing our sale. Apparently, Liverpool is tucked away backwater and cant get enough people in the ground to produce enough match day revenue. The last time I heard we had a waiting list has been full and closed for 5 years they seem to think people only in walking distance go to games. Ignorance is often rife with football pundits they simply are not qualified to give opinions outside what happens on a pitch. They talk about UTD Behemoth yet we were within £10million on turnover but behind City ???WTF I would love to see their accounts unless their owners are paying £10mil per game to watch. So more ignorance about our club and our City this little backwater.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3055: Nov 12, 2022 01:36:11 pm

That "Fletch" is a F***ing bellend!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3056: Nov 21, 2022 01:04:35 pm
      Jermaine jeans ffs surely they can do better than that ,it’s a World Cup not a Sunday kick about
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3057: Nov 21, 2022 02:18:13 pm
      The whole BBC pundit team are crap
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton