Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429761 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3082: Nov 22, 2022 09:02:07 pm
      Funny listening to Souness' defence of the Ronaldo interview with Morgan. Any player had done something like that while he was manager, he would of gone apeshit.

Not seen that but said many many times can listen/watch Souness all day.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3083: Nov 22, 2022 10:20:53 pm
      Utterly dreadful  :mad:

Stick to homes under the hammer Dion  ;)

But he’s sh*te at that as well. 😂
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3084: Nov 22, 2022 10:23:40 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3085: Nov 22, 2022 11:45:03 pm
      Not seen that but said many many times can listen/watch Souness all day.

I’m with you Keith, the point Souness was making was Ronaldo or any player that had conversations with managers/directors/Owners, and promised certain things would happen, then don’t is a betrayal of trust, CR7 clearly felt betrayed by Ten Haag and/or whoever promised him this or that,

The Man U he joined and subsequently left is not the Man U he rejoined and that like it or not was his own folly, it was a mistake to go back and my understanding is, he was persuaded to by probably his agent because the noisy neighbours were apparently gonna sign him, I’m not sure that that is gospel or not but it was enough to make your lot panic into the idea of Ronaldo coming back or suffering the ignominious repercussions had he signed for them,

Akin to us losing Gerrard to the Chavs, then coming back and signing for Blueshite!!

I hate that f***in tw*t Morgan with a passion and although his interview with CR7 got the required scrutiny he sought, I can’t help but think he(Morgan) used Ronnie to spill all for his own Ill gotten gains, like a famous name bucket list challenge, he always seems to only stick his f***in nose in where controversy is never far behind, now before you get all dewy eyed over my incredibly brief sympathy for CR7, I think it’s only fair to remind you that he remains a fat headed spoilt egotistical Manc Cnut, and I’m chuffed tae F**k the love affair between him and your f***in lot has went totally Tits up !!!

Bonjour!!!

Y  N  W  A
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #3086: Nov 22, 2022 11:56:59 pm
      BBC's punditry lineup has reached the lowest of the lows. It is truly dire.

Steve Wilson is one of the few things good about it. Yet bizarrely he continues to be overlooked for the main commentary gig ahead of Mowbray who wouldn't be able to call a primary school's egg and spoon race let alone a World Cup fixture.

I mean, he is truly awful. Our lead commentators on our major broadcasters are:

BBC - Guy Mowbray
      ITV - Sam Matterace (shudder)
      BT - Darren Fletcher
      Sky - Martin Tyler

I remember when Tyler was a decent commentator so will give him a pass. But the other three. How they wangled their way into major commentating gigs is anyone's guess.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2022 12:02:27 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3087: Nov 23, 2022 12:00:49 am
      BBC's punditry lineup has reached the lowest of the lows.

When was it ever high ? It sank when Jocky Hansen hung up his microphone and Linaker grew a personality!!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #3088: Nov 23, 2022 12:07:14 am

When was it ever high ? It sank when Jocky Hansen hung up his microphone and Linaker grew a personality!!!

I'd splurge the whole license fee just to get Hansen back on one of their shows. Just Hansen - F**k the rest.

I remember one World Cup they had Desailly, Strachan, O'Neil...people with a bit of character and substance. Had natural charm and a bit of wit about them as well. Jermaine Jenas? He's got the personality and charisma of a used condom.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3089: Nov 23, 2022 08:33:55 am

I’m with you Keith, the point Souness was making was Ronaldo or any player that had conversations with managers/directors/Owners, and promised certain things would happen, then don’t is a betrayal of trust, CR7 clearly felt betrayed by Ten Haag and/or whoever promised him this or that,

The Man U he joined and subsequently left is not the Man U he rejoined and that like it or not was his own folly, it was a mistake to go back and my understanding is, he was persuaded to by probably his agent because the noisy neighbours were apparently gonna sign him, I’m not sure that that is gospel or not but it was enough to make your lot panic into the idea of Ronaldo coming back or suffering the ignominious repercussions had he signed for them,

Akin to us losing Gerrard to the Chavs, then coming back and signing for Blueshite!!

I hate that f***in T**t Morgan with a passion and although his interview with CR7 got the required scrutiny he sought, I can’t help but think he(Morgan) used Ronnie to spill all for his own Ill gotten gains, like a famous name bucket list challenge, he always seems to only stick his f***in nose in where controversy is never far behind, now before you get all dewy eyed over my incredibly brief sympathy for CR7, I think it’s only fair to remind you that he remains a fat headed spoilt egotistical Manc Cnut, and I’m chuffed tae f**k the love affair between him and your F**kin lot has went totally Tits up !!!

Bonjour!!!

Y  N  W  A

Not that it matters but I got a call from my sky friend confirming Ronaldo was on the verge of signing for city and that the players were all talking about it on the training ground. Not often I say this but IMHO social media were right, Fergie made the call and that was it, deal done to come back home.

Can’t speak for all mancs but only myself. I don’t have any ill feeling towards Ronaldo in any shape or form. The time was right for him to go, his dummy came out and he couldn’t except he’s no longer the player he once was. Had a great opening season last year and it’s now simply a case of he doesn’t fit in with the managers plans going forward.

Ronaldo knew  what he was doing when he made the interview, he dug his own grave, got what he wanted and now moves on. The majority of United fans will remember the good times and won’t show any malice towards him. However, like anything in life you never ever get 100% of fans agreeing.

Now fcuk off back to the World Cup you scouse kunt
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3090: Nov 23, 2022 09:44:42 am
      Nigel de Jong is a great pundit IMO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3091: Nov 23, 2022 02:12:11 pm
      BBC's punditry lineup has reached the lowest of the lows. It is truly dire.

Steve Wilson is one of the few things good about it. Yet bizarrely he continues to be overlooked for the main commentary gig ahead of Mowbray who wouldn't be able to call a primary school's egg and spoon race let alone a World Cup fixture.

I mean, he is truly awful. Our lead commentators on our major broadcasters are:

BBC - Guy Mowbray
      ITV - Sam Matterace (shudder)
      BT - Darren Fletcher
      Sky - Martin Tyler

I remember when Tyler was a decent commentator so will give him a pass. But the other three. How they wangled their way into major commentating gigs is anyone's guess.

Tyler was a decent commentator before he got to sky. Since then he now believes his own bullshit and is too busy talking to whoever his co-commentator is rather than actually commentate on the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3092: Nov 23, 2022 02:14:27 pm
      Not that it matters but I got a call from my sky friend confirming Ronaldo was on the verge of signing for city and that the players were all talking about it on the training ground. Not often I say this but IMHO social media were right, Fergie made the call and that was it, deal done to come back home.

Can’t speak for all mancs but only myself. I don’t have any ill feeling towards Ronaldo in any shape or form. The time was right for him to go, his dummy came out and he couldn’t except he’s no longer the player he once was. Had a great opening season last year and it’s now simply a case of he doesn’t fit in with the managers plans going forward.

Ronaldo knew  what he was doing when he made the interview, he dug his own grave, got what he wanted and now moves on. The majority of United fans will remember the good times and won’t show any malice towards him. However, like anything in life you never ever get 100% of fans agreeing.

Now fcuk off back to the World Cup you scouse kunt

He's made a joke of your club. You're defending Ronaldo the same way we defend Suarez. Cos of what they have done on the footy field. But everything you throw at us over Suarez makes you a hypocrite due to your whiny defence of Ronaldo!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3093: Nov 23, 2022 06:59:13 pm
      Just watched the podcast where Micah Richard’s and Shearer were picking their all time world eleven , in fairness it’s hard to argue any of Shearers , personal choice may differ but the team is balanced , and outstanding,
      Micah on the other hand put Lineker on the right of Pele and Maradonna with Ronaldo up top , should be sacked for sheer stupidity , in fairness to linekar he said that’s the only time he will ever make a best eleven .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3094: Nov 23, 2022 08:58:11 pm

Cos he's a national treasure...

And lives here in Wirral...
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3095: Nov 23, 2022 09:32:52 pm
      Whole rigmarole is just tedious.Can't be arsed listening to the pundits half the time, just winging it, easy payday. Avoid Line-ker like the plague.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #3096: Nov 23, 2022 10:17:44 pm
      Lineker continues to be a great broadcaster imo. Tried and trusted.

Cannot be stressed enough about Jermaine Jenas...everyone at the BBC who was involved in his hiring should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3097: Nov 24, 2022 02:31:13 am
      Cos he's a national treasure...

And lives here in Wirral...

National treasure 😳 ?????
      Holy sh*t ! Heard it all now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #3098: Nov 27, 2022 09:06:48 pm
      Thumbs up to Pablo Zabaleta and Pochettino on the Beeb. Retrieving a bit of dignity to their coverage.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3099: Nov 28, 2022 11:10:54 am
      Thumbs up to Pablo Zabaleta and Pochettino on the Beeb. Retrieving a bit of dignity to their coverage.

Crazy how it's the ex-foreign players that talk the most sense.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3100: Nov 29, 2022 05:14:43 pm

Cannot be stressed enough about Jermaine Jenas...everyone at the BBC who was involved in his hiring should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves!

Lineker bleating on about the Quatar human rights issues. Some Quatari bloke said, you have a short memory Mr Lineker, let me remind you of the £1.6m
      you happily received for fronting some earlier football
      event in the country.
      Or words to that effect.
      Keep looking over your shoulder Gary, 20 lashes on the way lad 😊
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3101: Nov 29, 2022 05:22:08 pm

Lineker bleating on about the Quatar human rights issues. Some Quatari bloke said, you have a short memory Mr Lineker, let me remind you of the £1.6m
      you happily received for fronting some earlier football
      event in the country.
      Or words to that effect.
      Keep looking over your shoulder Gary, 20 lashes on the way lad 😊

The Qatari guy in charge of the World Cup has already labelled him and Klinsmann racist :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3102: Nov 29, 2022 06:52:44 pm

Always like him, even as a player. Surprisingly as a top top striker it’s unbelievable he never got booked. I know a few on here don’t think he’s worth the money paid to him but I can say that about 99% of players.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3103: Dec 02, 2022 03:30:30 am
      Always like him, even as a player. Surprisingly as a top top striker it’s unbelievable he never got booked. I know a few on here don’t think he’s worth the money paid to him but I can say that about 99% of players.

Let me guess, the 1% is Haaland right?  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3104: Dec 02, 2022 08:24:06 am
      Quote from AussieRed link= topic=35702.msg2517291#msg2517291 date=1669951830
      Let me guess, the 1% is Haaland right?  :lmao:

Nope! Not even him  ;D Maybe back in the day Shearer was worth his weekly wage. No fcuker is worth the obscene amounts our players get now. Call me old fashion……. Yes you can call me a kunt too  :P

Quick Reply