Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429997 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3105: Dec 02, 2022 11:43:47 pm
      Nope! Not even him  ;D Maybe back in the day Shearer was worth his weekly wage. No fcuker is worth the obscene amounts our players get now. Call me old fashion……. Yes you can call me a kunt too  :P

Kunt!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3106: Dec 03, 2022 10:01:53 am
      Matthew Upson seems to be on a lot gene I get to watch highlights.

Eloquent enough speaker but very very bland with it.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #3107: Dec 03, 2022 10:26:13 am
      Andros Townsend on ITV World Cup duty was inane throughout.....verbal diarrhoea.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #3108: Dec 03, 2022 10:49:06 am
      My personal highlight this tournament was Danny Murphy saying  Schezny should have caught a wicked corner that was curling and dipping with pace right towards his goal.

https://twitter.com/PS_YNWA/status/1598043378268397570?t=pYstHoiakWe8evfyOhhZzw&s=19

With the added bonus of always wondering why a shot hitting the post or crossbar doesn't class a shot on target.

https://twitter.com/oscarjpearson/status/1595780640292610051?t=aJG7lfb6z2LRTIvoPhxTzg&s=19
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3109: Dec 03, 2022 11:24:24 am
      Nope! Not even him  ;D Maybe back in the day Shearer was worth his weekly wage. No fcuker is worth the obscene amounts our players get now. Call me old fashion……. Yes you can call me a kunt too  :P

Oi, Old Fashioned, Ya Kunt, if you think shearer was worth his salt, you have to then include Rush, Fowler too, they we’re both as prolific without being on mega money, football started going Tits up when Forest paid a Million for Trevor Francis way back then,
      Can you remember the uproar?  I remember Clough had Francis sweep out the dressing room just to keep him grounded first game after he signed 🤣,
      Back in those days a Million felt like the 100m the Fraudsters spunked for that silly tw*t Grealish, to sit on the bench,
      So F**k knows where this will end up, how high is the ceiling ?

Ok a £100m may be a freak show but it has raised the bar higher for the future ‘Silly tw*ts’ who pretend they still love the beautiful game and as yet give F**k all back, that raised bar has the likes of Rice, Bellingham etc priced far too high , and is then quoted as the going rate for players of the same ilk, it isn’t, it’s only cos the likes of City, Chavs, PSG, Newcastle probably too, having the financial clout to out muscle everyone else’s aspirations of signing young English talent,

It’s not healthy for the game and it will reach a point where the premier league will be reduced to a 4 or 5 horse race, with the other 15 or so making up the numbers each and every season, it’s been happening in Scotland for years and because of which it’s always been a two horse race, but up there, they’ve lost the f***in horse,

I think it’s strange that our custodian’s of English football absolutely Don’t have its health & well being at the forefront of their tiny avaricious minds, in their eyes the amounts of free flowing cash from the punters is a never ending stream, as ticket pricing becomes higher and higher,  and as long as we have the oily lot spunking 100’s of millions to prevent the ‘Silly tw*ts’ of this world signing for the lesser mortals, nothing will ever change,

A salary cap is one way of at least slowing down the inevitable death of the game we all love, but try convincing the, FA, Premier league, UEFA , FIFA et al, their too busy swimming in the sea of corruption !!!

Hope over Fear !!!

Y  N  W A

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3110: Dec 03, 2022 03:33:30 pm
      Clearly the ‘target’ is the area which scores you a goal when hit.
      The post or crossbar is outside that perimeter, so is by definition, off target.
      In off the post/bar is clearly a deflection from either, on to the target area.
      If the post or bar was part of the target area, hitting either would constitute in a goal being awarded.

Couldn’t be simpler could it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3111: Dec 03, 2022 03:48:41 pm

Oi, Old Fashioned, Ya Kunt, if you think shearer was worth his salt, you have to then include Rush, Fowler too, they we’re both as prolific without being on mega money, football started going Tits up when Forest paid a Million for Trevor Francis way back then,
      Can you remember the uproar?  I remember Clough had Francis sweep out the dressing room just to keep him grounded first game after he signed 🤣,
      Back in those days a Million felt like the 100m the Fraudsters spunked for that silly tw*t Grealish, to sit on the bench,
      So f**k knows where this will end up, how high is the ceiling ?

Ok a £100m may be a freak show but it has raised the bar higher for the future ‘Silly Tw*ts’ who pretend they still love the beautiful game and as yet give f**k all back, that raised bar has the likes of Rice, Bellingham etc priced far too high , and is then quoted as the going rate for players of the same ilk, it isn’t, it’s only cos the likes of City, Chavs, PSG, Newcastle probably too, having the financial clout to out muscle everyone else’s aspirations of signing young English talent,

It’s not healthy for the game and it will reach a point where the premier league will be reduced to a 4 or 5 horse race, with the other 15 or so making up the numbers each and every season, it’s been happening in Scotland for years and because of which it’s always been a two horse race, but up there, they’ve lost the f***in horse,

I think it’s strange that our custodian’s of English football absolutely Don’t have its health & well being at the forefront of their tiny avaricious minds, in their eyes the amounts of free flowing cash from the punters is a never ending stream, as ticket pricing becomes higher and higher,  and as long as we have the oily lot spunking 100’s of millions to prevent the ‘Silly Tw*ts’ of this world signing for the lesser mortals, nothing will ever change,

A salary cap is one way of at least slowing down the inevitable death of the game we all love, but try convincing the, FA, Premier league, UEFA , FIFA et al, their too busy swimming in the sea of corruption !!!

Hope over Fear !!!

Y  N  W A

Sadly I remember it only to well re Trevor Francis. One million back then was a obscene amount, to think we’re now over 100 times more makes it all the more remarkable. I’ve been crying out ( as a fan ) for salary cap for years Billy but isn’t going to happen anytime soon. Thing is a salary cap would make the league more competitive again and surly bring more fans into the sport. As it is now we’re all getting fed up of  not being able to compete with city.

Rush & Fowler, especially the former we’re great additions to you lot but always thought Fowler was more exciting to watch than Rush as most of his goals were all tap ins with him being such a great goal hanger.   ;D

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3112: Dec 03, 2022 04:30:07 pm
      Your getting hanger and scorer mixed up
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3113: Dec 03, 2022 05:01:33 pm
      Clearly the ‘target’ is the area which scores you a goal when hit.
      The post or crossbar is outside that perimeter, so is by definition, off target.
      In off the post/bar is clearly a deflection from either, on to the target area.
      If the post or bar was part of the target area, hitting either would constitute in a goal being awarded.

Couldn’t be simpler could it.

Literally.

Danny Murphy is an idiot. And always seems to have an air of arrogance when he's talking

Can't stand the man's punditry.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3114: Dec 03, 2022 05:56:28 pm
      BBC's English contingent are absolutely awful, likes of Jenas and Murphy shouldn't be anywhere near tournaments like these. The only time I've enjoyed the BBC coverage has been when the likes of Pochettino or Zabaleta have been on. Otherwise I think ITV have been far better so far.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3115: Dec 04, 2022 11:23:42 am
      Literally.

Danny Murphy is an idiot. And always seems to have an air of arrogance when he's talking

Droning deadpan delivery is so tedious.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3116: Dec 05, 2022 04:07:11 am
      Literally.

He pisses me off as much as Jenas but more so in a way because he's so serious, has a hard man attitude and acts like he knows everything, what a bitter guy he is.
       If you want ex Liverpool players on these channels then Steve Warnock, Jason McAteer and why not John Aldridge, that would be fun. Imagine Ally McCoist and John Aldridge both on the commentary, football would be fun, what an idea that entertainment isn't all bleak sounding.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3117: Dec 05, 2022 04:56:51 am
      Honestly, and he's got some F***ing competition here, Danny Murphy might be the worst to ever do it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3118: Dec 05, 2022 07:46:40 am
      He pisses me off as much as Jenas but more so in a way because he's so serious, has a hard man attitude and acts like he knows everything, what a bitter guy he is.
       If you want ex Liverpool players on these channels then Steve Warnock, Jason McAteer and why not John Aldridge, that would be fun. Imagine Ally McCoist and John Aldridge both on the commentary, football would be fun, what an idea that entertainment isn't all bleak sounding.

Remember Murphy talking on 5 live once. Essentially said he wouldn't  take coaching badges as it involved being told things he knee already
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3119: Dec 05, 2022 08:50:24 am
      BBC's English contingent are absolutely awful, likes of Jenas and Murphy shouldn't be anywhere near tournaments like these. The only time I've enjoyed the BBC coverage has been when the likes of Pochettino or Zabaleta have been on. Otherwise I think ITV have been far better so far.

watched 10mins of France game, that stupid woman is soooooo annoying.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3120: Dec 05, 2022 08:53:08 am
      Sam shiterface on Hendos goal last night, he missed a penalty against Columbia in tge last World Cup, pathetic
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3121: Dec 05, 2022 08:56:25 am

Try and think outside the Liverpool box  ;D Take the tints off  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3122: Dec 05, 2022 08:58:21 am
      Honestly, and he's got some f**king competition here, Danny Murphy might be the worst to ever do it.

Don’t think he’s the worse Dave but up there,  think most of them are on BT  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3123: Dec 05, 2022 05:13:45 pm
      Don’t think he’s the worse Dave but up there,  think most of them are on BT  :lmao:

Crikey - the fact that McManaman etc are not at this World Cup is a small mercy.

I wonder if I'm being too harsh on Guy Mowbray. Maybe I damn him by association because he always has to commentate alongside Jermaine Jenas.

Who are the best commentators at this World Cup though? Steve Wilson on the BBC continues to be the ultimate pro - never over or under doing it. Any others?

Co commentator? I suspect Ally McCoist wins hands down buy any other decent co comms?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3124: Dec 05, 2022 05:46:47 pm
      Don’t care how bad Dublin is - he will always get a free pass for putting his nut on Robbie Savage
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3125: Dec 05, 2022 05:53:12 pm
      Crikey - the fact that McManaman etc are not at this World Cup is a small mercy.

I wonder if I'm being too harsh on Guy Mowbray. Maybe I damn him by association because he always has to commentate alongside Jermaine Jenas.

Who are the best commentators at this World Cup though? Steve Wilson on the BBC continues to be the ultimate pro - never over or under doing it. Any others?

Co commentator? I suspect Ally McCoist wins hands down buy any other decent co comms?

I like listening to McCoist but his knowledge not as good. problem is there's more bad ones than good at present.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3126: Dec 06, 2022 11:20:05 am
      Try and think outside the Liverpool box  ;D Take the tints off  :lmao:

Err, Kunt face, it might have escaped your notice or it’s the onset of dementia raring it’s ugly head to meet yours, but all of us who come on these boards are indeed fans/ supporters of this magnificent institution and that we are indeed allowed to mention all things connected to Liverpool FC, and are therefore allowed to wear our TINTS with pride,
      Having had to point this slightly important detail out to what we would consider the ‘enemy’ or more accurately a Scummy Fuckpig Manc, is quite frankly like sticking yer tongue up a cow’s arse to see if it tastes of sh*te,

It’s a Liverpool FC forum, we talk all things Liverpool good or bad, and not about cow’s arsehole’s, got it, SFM !!!

Bonjour

Hope over Fear 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3127: Dec 06, 2022 11:55:31 am

Err, Kunt face, it might have escaped your notice or it’s the onset of dementia raring it’s ugly head to meet yours, but all of us who come on these boards are indeed fans/ supporters of this magnificent institution and that we are indeed allowed to mention all things connected to Liverpool FC, and are therefore allowed to wear our TINTS with pride,
      Having had to point this slightly important detail out to what we would consider the ‘enemy’ or more accurately a Scummy Fuckpig Manc, is quite frankly like sticking yer tongue up a cow’s arse to see if it tastes of sh*te,

It’s a Liverpool FC forum, we talk all things Liverpool good or bad, and not about cow’s arsehole’s, got it, SFM !!!

Bonjour

Hope over Fear 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Afuckingmen Billy ;)

Quick Reply