Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429848 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3151: Dec 26, 2022 10:51:23 pm
      Studio Commentator to Micheal Owen at HT

"Michael u think Villa can come back and win this?"

MO:  "God, I hope not"!

Never in a million years was that on the cards  ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3152: Dec 26, 2022 11:34:48 pm
      Never in a million years was that on the cards  ;)

What Michael saying that or Villa coming back?  :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3153: Dec 27, 2022 11:53:33 am
      What Michael saying that or Villa coming back?  :lmao:

:D Both !!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #3154: Dec 30, 2022 11:57:32 pm
      Quote from billythered
      It’s not healthy for the game and it will reach a point where the premier league will be reduced to a 4 or 5 horse race, with the other 15 or so making up the numbers each and every season,

I think it’s strange that our custodian’s of English football absolutely Don’t have its health & well being at the forefront of their tiny avaricious minds, in their eyes the amounts of free flowing cash from the punters is a never ending stream, as ticket pricing becomes higher and higher,  and as long as we have the oily lot spunking 100’s of millions to prevent the ‘Silly tw*ts’ of this world signing for the lesser mortals, nothing will ever change,

A salary cap is one way of at least slowing down the inevitable death of the game we all love, but try convincing the, FA, Premier league, UEFA , FIFA et al, their too busy swimming in the sea of corruption !!!

Hope over Fear !!!

Y  N  W A

There's more fear than hope in that post. A lot more of it.

We have already reached that point where only 4 or 5 clubs can win the league, I would go further and say that it's just 2. It's been like that long before the days of 100mn quid bench warmers could be transfers. I am quite happy with that tbh, while we're 1 of the 2. The salary cap was quashed 60 years ago. If you want it back, well it's not coming back. It's not corruption, nobody wants their salary to be capped, in football or any other walk of life.

We're well able to compete with the sheikhs and the oligarchs, we've been doing it every week in this league for the past 20 years, it's not really a new thing. What is a new thing, is us not been able to match the consistency of City in results on the pitch as we used to. And because of that, pundits and commentaries go on tv to make ludicrous statements such as, after losing 2 league games back to back for the first time in years, Klopp's time is apparantly "coming to an end".

Football will never die, the sport has never changed, just the delivery of the product has. Like most products it just evolves over time, so you have to accept that and if you can't, you'll never be satisfied.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3155: Dec 31, 2022 01:59:53 pm
      Football will never die, the sport has never changed, just the delivery of the product has. Like most products it just evolves over time, so you have to accept that and if you can't, you'll never be satisfied.

Jesus calling it a product just screams business speak!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3156: Jan 07, 2023 08:55:27 pm
      ITV team all holding mics in the studio looks weird.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3157: Feb 18, 2023 05:09:24 pm
      Seems James Pearce is nowhere to be seen on Twitter since Klopp gave him a thick ear.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #3158: Feb 18, 2023 07:46:07 pm
      i never want to hear Lee Dixon on a liverpool game again
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3159: Feb 18, 2023 08:03:48 pm
      Jamie Redknapp waffling over the red card. It's a red card and should stay a Red...feeling sorry for the keeper is fine but you don't change the rules just because it looks harsh. Keepers will hand ball it and take a yellow if they can get away with it, so changing the rules would distort the integrity of the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3160: Feb 18, 2023 08:14:38 pm
      Jamie Redknapp waffling over the red card. It's a red card and should stay a Red...feeling sorry for the keeper is fine but you don't change the rules just because it looks harsh. Keepers will hand ball it and take a yellow if they can get away with it, so changing the rules would distort the integrity of the game.

Redknapp's a thick f**ker!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #3161: Feb 18, 2023 08:42:42 pm
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3162: Feb 18, 2023 08:50:54 pm
      It's clearly a red card, very deliberate hand ball.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3163: Feb 19, 2023 01:19:44 pm

Jammy kneecap is as dodgy as his arl fella Hairy, and he’s full of sh*t, how the F**k can he defend a deliberate hand ball, he charged out, mis timed his run and flat lined on the turf juggling the ball under his chinny chin chin, red card all day twice on a Sunday,

Redknapp is just trying to sound impartial but failing miserably, the tw*t!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3164: Feb 19, 2023 01:29:39 pm

Jammy kneecap is as dodgy as his arl fella Hairy, and he’s full of sh*t, how the f**k can he defend a deliberate hand ball, he charged out, mis timed his run and flat lined on the turf juggling the ball under his chinny chin chin, red card all day twice on a Sunday,

Redknapp is just trying to sound impartial but failing miserably, the tw*t!!

What do you expect he is a scouser.   :f_tongueincheek:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3165: Feb 19, 2023 03:12:20 pm
      What do you expect he is a scouser.   :f_tongueincheek:

We're on about Redknapp not Carra ;)

Redknapp is about as Scouse as you!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3166: Feb 19, 2023 05:53:29 pm
      Don't normally listen to the chat before or after but seeing Rafa on I watched. Looked well and spoke well..delivery a bit quick, but  when asked about jobs said his family are settled in England so he might not go abroad

2004 on - Liverpool, Inter Milan,Chelsea,Napoli,Real Madrid,Newcastle,Dalian Professional,Everton.

Won a few things since Liverpool but I can't see him managing again in the Prem but yer never know.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3167: Feb 19, 2023 06:02:20 pm
      Don't normally listen to the chat before or after but seeing Rafa on I watched. Looked well and spoke well..delivery a bit quick, but  when asked about jobs said his family are settled in England so he might not go abroad

2004 on - Liverpool, Inter Milan,Chelsea,Napoli,Real Madrid,Newcastle,Dalian Professional,Everton.

Won a few things since Liverpool but I can't see him managing again in the Prem but yer never know.

When I saw him working as a pundit I thought he might be looking for a job in England. He'd be a good manager for Leeds and would not need to travel much or stay away from his home.

Southampton could be an option but he'd need to stay on south coast for most of week.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3168: Feb 19, 2023 06:35:10 pm

I think he’s the man for Leeds.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3169: Feb 19, 2023 10:54:39 pm
      Stephen Warnock is hard work isn't he?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3170: Feb 20, 2023 01:13:39 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3171: Feb 20, 2023 01:18:20 pm
      Stephen Warnock is hard work isn't he?

He is a bit like Jenas
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3172: Feb 20, 2023 02:14:46 pm
      Tyler's always the same, if we score he says.."and Liverpool have scored"...then looks for the negative. Never even mentioned the ball by Trent..or by Mo for the Gakpo goal. He was in love with Aguero and drools over KDB.

Should've been pensioned off years ago.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3173: Feb 20, 2023 03:04:57 pm
      Tyler's always the same, if we score he says.."and Liverpool have scored"...then looks for the negative. Never even mentioned the ball by Trent..or by Mo for the Gakpo goal. He was in love with Aguero and drools over KDB.

Should've been pensioned off years ago.

I liked Trent saying we picked them apart which we did on several occasions.
      f***in Carragher really gone rogue since the spitting incident does he need the money that much that he has sold his soul to SKY and is all over Neville like a f***in rash. Giving the MOTM to the Newcastle  player after ALi was again world class with his second clean sheet in two games was just a joke.

Quick Reply