Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pundits and Commentators

Read 442681 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,293 posts | 1403 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3220: Mar 10, 2023 08:26:09 pm
      Lineker taken off MOTD. Shearer and Wright backing Lineker and won't appear.

ToryBBC giving in to pressure from Tory Government. Total hypocrisy from ToryBBC. Their main presenter described Labour as "scum" in an article on the website. Also on one of their newscast shows the presenter called Emily Thornberry a "shoplifter"...and then ignored complaints.

Lineker probably has a majority support out there but BBC side with the Tories.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #3221: Mar 10, 2023 09:02:24 pm
      I’ve read people online saying, good, can’t stand Lineker. This is not about wether you like or dislike Gary Lineker, it’s the thin edge of the wedge. Who will they go for next. This is too important to let go. The Chairman of the BBC has been a Tory donor for years and facilitated Johnson getting an £800000 loan, now that really is obscene and totally out of order. If we don’t back Lineker God only knows what they’ll do next! If Lineker has to go then so does the BBC Chairman.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3222: Mar 10, 2023 09:02:37 pm
      Am sure Linekar knew what he was doing, and the response he'd get from govt and the BBC.
      Maybe he's getting tired of broadcasting and want's to get into politics :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #3223: Mar 10, 2023 09:55:59 pm
      Lineker needs to go for his appalling comparison, but the chairman of the BBC should have been fired a couple of years back. Biggest sleaze ball I know of.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3224: Mar 10, 2023 10:01:46 pm
      Most people don't even watch BBC or read about it so a link to why people on here are freaking out over Lineker might be helpful for everyone else.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #3225: Mar 10, 2023 10:44:54 pm
      Most people don't even watch BBC or read about it so a link to why people on here are freaking out over Lineker might be helpful for everyone else.

Google it. It's not hard is it? The vast majority of the public (around 90%) in the UK use the BBC everyday. Be it radio, TV, online...probably in the minority on that one.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3226: Mar 10, 2023 11:44:04 pm
      Add the BBC and Match of the Day to the ever growing list of things the Tories have destroyed about Britain.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 533 
      Reply #3227: Mar 10, 2023 11:46:39 pm
      Fair play to Ian Wright and Shearer for refusing to appear on MOTD with Lineker dropped. Bit surprising that the last pocket of people with spines at the BBC is their football pundits. Their news department should have been protesting years ago about the Tory bias of their chief correspondents and editors.

On the general point about Lineker's comments. It is ridiculous that the BBC claim jurisdiction over the political opinions of their employees, when these are expressed off air and in their own time. Lineker has the right to his political opinions same as everybody else. Any employer that thinks they have the right to police these needs to be told to f**k off.

As for the BBC's bullshit about doing this in the name of "impartiality". Lineker is a football presenter. Their former chief political correspondent, Nick Robinson, was president of Oxford University's Conservative Association. Allegra Stratton went from Newsnight to being Boris Johnson's spokeswoman (she was teh one caught joking with all the Tory staff at their lockdown parties). Laura Kuenssberg kept her job, in fact wasn't even suspended, despite being caught lying through her teeth on the 6 o'clock news about Jeremy Corbyn. The BBC Trust, which oversees journalistic standards at the BBC, later found her in breach of her duties of accuracy and impartiality, but the BBC took no action against her whatsoever.

But their football presenter expresses a political opinion the Tories don't like, in his own time, not on air, and he's breached impartiality and taken off air!  F**k off.

[Oh yeah, I forgot that the current head of the BBC got his job by arranging for Boris Johnson to get slipped a few hundred thousand quid by one of his mates. f***in hell, it's so blatant it's untrue, except it actually is true.]

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2023 11:58:03 pm by sore monad »
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3228: Mar 10, 2023 11:55:45 pm
      Google it. It's not hard is it? The vast majority of the public (around 90%) in the UK use the BBC everyday. Be it radio, TV, online...probably in the minority on that one.
      I will now wow flippin heck google what? How am I to know the whatever happened in the first place to google it, nevermind just speak in whispers that no one knows instead of just going ar mate it's about this or that like a normal person. people act weird on the internet, I'm so sick of it. Like spoilt brats. Imagine you saying that in real life, just google it it's not that hard is it like a hard man, I'd just look at you and go wtf, who are you talking to.
      I don't watch tv knobhead.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3229: Mar 11, 2023 12:02:21 am
      Googled it, still non the wiser, wth is this world becoming, he mentioned nazis and immigration? Whoaaa oo how terrible god forbid anyone mentions anything like that, this world is so policed it's off it's rocker.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3230: Mar 11, 2023 12:06:12 am
      So I was flicking thru the streaming channels yesterday and what pops up? The start of the the 2nd half v Man u on MUTV.   :lmao: :lmao:

Couldn't help myself, had to watch it.  :D

OMG never heard a more biased c**t then the 2nd commentator ( Not Steve whoever the F**k that is). some F***ing old bloke, rambling on about how poor we have been all season, don't deserve this scoreline as Man U were the better team in the 1st half. Said before today he was glad united dodged a bullet and didn't sign Gakpo. He also said, this is an unusual game as Salah and Gakpo have decided to play their best games all season against United.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Comedy Gold from this dickhead and listening to him squirm after every goal we scored, made my F***ing year!

Must watch TV  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3231: Mar 11, 2023 12:21:47 am
      So I was flicking thru the streaming channels yesterday and what pops up? The start of the the 2nd half v Man u on MUTV.   :lmao: :lmao:

Couldn't help myself, had to watch it.  :D

OMG never heard a more biased c**t then the 2nd commentator ( Not Steve whoever the f**k that is). some f**king old bloke, rambling on about how poor we have been all season, don't deserve this scoreline as Man U were the better team in the 1st half. Said before today he was glad united dodged a bullet and didn't sign Gakpo. He also said, this is an unusual game as Salah and Gakpo have decided to play their best games all season against United.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Comedy Gold from this dickhead and listening to him squirm after every goal we scored, made my f**king year!

Must watch TV  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ;D, I was on 3 different streams in the game as some went down and there was that blanket Man u sucking up on each one, first half was kind of if they scored it may affect us because of how unsure we are this season, this Gakpo Nunez thing in the media though is so mean, both of them coming good, is right and Nunez has been special from near enough from the start as far as I'm concerned even without goals he's there like a major threat, pace power and nuttergy, so young too, no one like that in our academy I'm sure. Top signing for us, both probably not just Nunez.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #3232: Mar 11, 2023 06:35:56 am
      Lineker needs to go for his appalling comparison, but the chairman of the BBC should have been fired a couple of years back. Biggest sleaze ball I know of.

What Lineker said was spot on, the cronies are manipulating it. Read it again, he said the language used is similar 1930s, not the actions and if you look at tyrants who did similar things in the world, the language used is very similar and they did it on purpose to get the public to hate and support the government

Human rights supporters have also posted this but are being overrun by Tory mps grabbing the headlines
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #3233: Mar 11, 2023 06:43:27 am

It’s the government clamping down on freedom of speech, just look at the Tory gov all coming out and attacking whilst mis quoting what he said, it’s obvious.

They purposely used the language to get a certain reaction and trick the public in a sense and when called out on it, they then ignore the comments and say they are being compared to nazis when all he said was the language used is similar

This government is simply trying to control the media and put pressure so they don’t get criticised but there have been examples of Tory supporters getting away with a lot

Also remember Qatar? It’s fine to criticise a human rights issue there but not in the Uk? Why because it suited the narrative

Sooner this gov is out the better, amazed how they survived when having binges in lockdowns when we all were locked inside
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3234: Mar 11, 2023 08:17:44 am
      Cant stand Lineker but he is not employed directly by the BBC so must be allowed his own opinoin, not the opinion of the now tory BBC
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3235: Mar 11, 2023 08:22:39 am
      Problem is if you compare anything to the nazis people want to scream ‘anti semitic’ at you.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts | 299 
      Reply #3236: Mar 11, 2023 08:34:00 am
      Fair play to Ian Wright and Shearer for refusing to appear on MOTD with Lineker dropped. Bit surprising that the last pocket of people with spines at the BBC is their football pundits. Their news department should have been protesting years ago about the Tory bias of their chief correspondents and editors.

On the general point about Lineker's comments. It is ridiculous that the BBC claim jurisdiction over the political opinions of their employees, when these are expressed off air and in their own time. Lineker has the right to his political opinions same as everybody else. Any employer that thinks they have the right to police these needs to be told to f**k off.

As for the BBC's bullshit about doing this in the name of "impartiality". Lineker is a football presenter. Their former chief political correspondent, Nick Robinson, was president of Oxford University's Conservative Association. Allegra Stratton went from Newsnight to being Boris Johnson's spokeswoman (she was teh one caught joking with all the Tory staff at their lockdown parties). Laura Kuenssberg kept her job, in fact wasn't even suspended, despite being caught lying through her teeth on the 6 o'clock news about Jeremy Corbyn. The BBC Trust, which oversees journalistic standards at the BBC, later found her in breach of her duties of accuracy and impartiality, but the BBC took no action against her whatsoever.

But their football presenter expresses a political opinion the Tories don't like, in his own time, not on air, and he's breached impartiality and taken off air!  F**k off.

[Oh yeah, I forgot that the current head of the BBC got his job by arranging for Boris Johnson to get slipped a few hundred thousand quid by one of his mates. F**kin hell, it's so blatant it's untrue, except it actually is true.]

Also
      Alan Sugar, who is in a similar position to lineker as a high profile non-news BBC employee has made various pro Tory comments and no criticism for him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3237: Mar 11, 2023 08:34:49 am
      Cant stand Lineker but he is not employed directly by the BBC so must be allowed his own opinoin, not the opinion of the now tory BBC

Off topic slightly but what is it you don’t like about him? Always thought he was a good ambassador for football myself with an impeccable record on the pitch.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #3238: Mar 11, 2023 09:45:58 am
      I think we all miss the old style commentators, that simply concentrated on the job they were paid to do. Such as John Motson, Brian Moore just to name a couple. Punters nowadays have too big an ego and spout out what they like, many like Lineker ex footballers.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3239: Mar 11, 2023 10:06:34 am
      I think we all miss the old style commentators

Likes of Peter Drury and Tyldesley are as good as any of them in my view. Bring genuine excitement to the game. How people like Tyler are allowed on is the shocker - he seems to despise football.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3240: Mar 11, 2023 10:15:32 am

WHY ? For telling the truth, these f***in Tories will stop at absolutely nothing to make sure they control every aspect of ppl’s lives, how f***in sad is it when one of the richest countries in the world can’t help those in dire need,

Fact is it’s Governments  cause all this f***in sh*te in the first instance but then wash their f***in hands of anything that could help, immigrants flock here because their desperate for help, what does it say about us as a society when we can’t help our fellow human beings, 

WHAT THE F**k IS WRONG WITH PPL FFS !!!!

Most of us plebs as the Tories like to treat us as are decent folk who will help wherever we can, that’s our nature, our culture, except if your a f***in Tory,

Tories are a breed apart, they only give a F**k about themselves and no other, it’s not the poor that’s F***ing the country up, it’s not the unwashed that’s wasting billions of tax payers hard earned money, it’s fu**ed up capitalist Tory fuckpigs hoarding all the f***in money in their tax free offshore accounts, it’s the neoliberals controlling the Bank of England and all the corporate wealth used for funding their own elite existence,

Let’s get this absolutely correct, the Tory Government doesn’t give a rats arse what happens to those people, they want to stop ppl from crossing the channel in small boats because they seek a safer more secure life, what the actual F**k is wrong with these f***in arseholes, Billionaires dictating what happens to folk that are desperate,  that’s how Tories value your fellow man, this is how the Tories put wealth before health, it will cost Millions to help these poor immigrants, millions that could stay within the Tory coffers, millions that they could use for their own, and F**k the refugees,

That’s the real reason right f***in there, Linaker is right, this is akin to the third Reich, they started in a similar vain, they wanted total control of their ppl and almost succeeded until Adolf ate a bullet,

Bottom line is, all of us are only on this ball of granite for seventy odd yrs if we’re f***in lucky, we are all the same, we all have to eat, we all have to drink, we all sh*t, piss, fart , burp, F**k, some of us are even f***in happy, most of them will be well off Tories who don’t live in the world most of us live in, for the rest of us, we’re all apparently happy living in our so called democracy, yeah right, dictatorship is more accurate !!!

Hope over Fear !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #3241: Mar 11, 2023 10:55:56 am
      Problem is if you compare anything to the nazis people want to scream ‘anti semitic’ at you.

What the F**k are you talking about? Strange prat
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3242: Mar 11, 2023 11:12:19 am
      Football Focus removed from today... now Bargain Hunt. What a cluster F**k thus is by the BBC.... and I'm loving it.

Quick Reply