Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429765 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3266: Mar 11, 2023 03:22:13 pm
      Still don't actually know what he said, btw 25+ milliion Russians died during  world war 2 you never hear that mentioned do you. 25 million huh, so why no mention of that all the time? Because Russians don't own the newspapers and media companies, that's why.
      ...Apart from the London Evening Standard and the Independent
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3267: Mar 11, 2023 03:23:03 pm
      Ha ha ha - using Matt Hancock to legitimise your views.  :lmao:

Haha using Matt Hancock to convince you to get the jab!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3268: Mar 11, 2023 03:28:13 pm
      Back on topic though will be interesting to see how the games look with commentating and pundits
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3269: Mar 11, 2023 03:30:26 pm
      Soz, don't know what that is or means. I'm not Russian either, they deserve compassion too like any human or animal, plant compassion? Hmm that's pushing it maybe.

He owns evening standard and independent newspapers, son of Russian spy and friend of Boris Johnson.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3270: Mar 11, 2023 03:32:49 pm
      Can't fault the pundits and commentator today on my stream, not sure who they where but they were fine, they just portrayed what was going on on the pitch and the commentator is one or if not my fave, really should find out his name. Injects excitement but isn't creepy like so many commentators are, well there is only about 5 others it seems.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3271: Mar 11, 2023 03:35:03 pm
      He owns evening standard and independent newspapers, son of Russian spy and friend of Boris Johnson.
      Ah, thanks for the info, chums with Boris too, that isn't that much of a surprise. Can't believe he ended up prime minister but I guess it wasn't a surprise considering how chumleys work stuff out like that for each other in chum ways.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3272: Mar 11, 2023 05:09:15 pm
      Holy sh*t, knew it wouldn't take long before someone started accusing Israel. Take a back seat pal.

Well had Lineker said.." Cruel policy.... "etc etc...and not made reference to Germany in the 1930's I doubt if ToryBBC would've sent him off. And I wasn't accusing Israel, just pointing out there is a strong pro Israeli lobby at ToryBBC.

As it happens I think the comparison is extremely flimsy.

The Tories created this mess by closing down most of the legitimate immigration routes. They have also underfunded the whole asylum process, keeping migrants in hotels much longer than need be. The reasoning behind this is political. They are pandering to the lowest common denominator. They see this issue as a natural advantage over Labour and are exploiting the migrants for cheap shoddy political gain.

Might've worked but they've screwed up so much even this won't cover up the complete bollocks they've made of everything else.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #3273: Mar 11, 2023 05:53:24 pm
      Haha using Matt Hancock to convince you to get the jab!

Sorry I forgot...Hancock's too left wing for you.

Conspiracy addled, right wing moron you
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3274: Mar 11, 2023 06:04:45 pm
      Sorry I forgot...Hancock's too left wing for you.

Conspiracy addled, right wing moron you

No, I just didn’t trust him enough to get the jab. Turns out I was Right.
      You dirty swine, you.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #3275: Mar 11, 2023 10:01:31 pm
      The stench of hypocrisy coming from ToryBBC is worse than the stink that came off the Thames before the sewers were built.

Could be the sewers have gone in reverse and all the sh*ite has ended up in BBC Broadcasting house in Portland place,London.

Day in day out there is  Tory bias at the BBC. Latest was removing all the Hancock stories from the website just after noon. They do this on a regular basis. Tory bad news stories get taken down before 2 pm...the site gets max hits around 4 ish thru to 7 ish.

Blatant hypocrisy from Government controlled BBC.

Yeah you see that all the time. There's something on the lunchtime news that looks bad for the Tories, and by the News at 6 it's gone. "Well, we did report it." Just not at prime time.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3276: Mar 11, 2023 10:18:55 pm
      Jermaine Jenas - absolute tit.

Also putting it out there, Peter Crouch will be the next host of Match of the Day and Gary Lineker will be doing the Jungle next year.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3277: Mar 11, 2023 10:41:07 pm
      Much prefer MOTD like this with no boring repetitive comments from the so called experts, just football and no chit chat...

Bring back Alan Hansen is what I say  :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #3278: Mar 11, 2023 10:56:50 pm
      Tuned in just now and apparently Tom Hanks has taken over from Gary Lineker.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3279: Mar 12, 2023 12:14:21 am
      I really don't want to read back too much on this thread but I hope that theres a lot who, whether they like Lineker as a pundit or not, stand with what he said.

We need more and more people of note, standing up to this f**king government and being brave.

And when I say 'note', I mean people like him, who are watched by the masses of absolute dickheads in this country that sit and read The S*n, Express, Mail, etc and hang off everything they say online or in their papers. It's bonkers but that's how this all works. Media.

And guess what? When someone of note gets noticed for calling these tw*ts out they work thier wonders to stop them. See Lineker.

Murdoch and co run us and f**k us and we wont hear of that because...see above.. they run the media

F**k THE TORIES
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3280: Mar 12, 2023 08:49:05 am
      I really don't want to read back too much on this thread but I hope that theres a lot who, whether they like Lineker as a pundit or not, stand with what he said.

We need more and more people of note, standing up to this f**king government and being brave.

And when I say 'note', I mean people like him, who are watched by the masses of absolute dickheads in this country that sit and read The S*n, Express, Mail, etc and hang off everything they say online or in their papers. It's bonkers but that's how this all works. Media.

And guess what? When someone of note gets noticed for calling these tw*ts out they work thier wonders to stop them. See Lineker.

Murdoch and co run us and f**k us and we wont hear of that because...see above.. they run the media

F**k THE TORIES

I’m in the Lineker camp Dave. Hope it pays off but with tories involved it never looks good, they’re control freaks.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3281: Mar 12, 2023 08:59:14 am
      Watching MOTD.

Not the same without commentary for me, don’t like it. It’s like Aussie Red posting blanks on here. Hope it’s sorted quickly coz it’s not for me long term.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #3282: Mar 12, 2023 09:05:26 am
      Nomia Iqbal's interview on the BBC with Tim Davie was excellent. She didn't hold back and asked all the right things..and he didn't look too convincing. Proof that there are still plenty of journalists / professionals who follow the BBC mantra to be impartial but also holding those in power to account. That's what the BBC used to do every day and should be all the time.

No doubt the Tories will be adding her to their black book.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3283: Mar 12, 2023 09:36:29 am
      Nomia Iqbal's interview on the BBC with Tim Davie was excellent. She didn't hold back and asked all the right things..and he didn't look too convincing. Proof that there are still plenty of journalists / professionals who follow the BBC mantra to be impartial but also holding those in power to account. That's what the BBC used to do every day and should be all the time.

No doubt the Tories will be adding her to their black book.

Tim Davie, former Conservative politician with Richard Sharpe as chairman, good friend of Boris and Rishi.

Are the tory newspapers still complaining about left wing bias at the BBC?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3284: Mar 12, 2023 10:41:05 am
      Davie says he didn't bow to Tory pressure but he did and he does that every day. He doesn't have to speak to them do that as his natural instinct is to help protect the Tories.

Tell me when did you see any serious investigative journalism into the PPE contracts rip off, the Pandemic, the Windrush scandal, NHS privatisation, immigration, or indeed into any of the Tory scandals. NEVER. They don't hold this Government to account.

Anything to do with the Hancock recent revelations were given very low profile. The last batch concerning Hancock criticising the "eat out to help" out stupid dangerous policy, was ditched from the website by noon. Do that all the time.

Their bias is there day in day out. Thornberry called a "Shoplifter"...Labour refered to as "scum"....150+ stories on Anti semitism in Labour on website in the 18 month run up to the election...not one after the election. They did a hatchet job on Corbyn. Blatant lies at times.

Shot themselves in the foot over Lineker. Millions now question BBC's claim to impartiality. As to whether Lineker has helped the Tories keep the 'boat' issue high up on the debate front is a moot point. They might be thinking this has actually helped them..Agent Gary...
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2023 10:54:06 am by Harrisimo »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #3285: Mar 12, 2023 11:02:53 am
      Tim Davie, former Conservative politician with Richard Sharpe as chairman, good friend of Boris and Rishi.

It's not as easy as calling the BBC a right wing / left wing institution.

The tension exists between their news output and their cultural output.

I think their news output is definitely suppressed and influenced by the Conservatives in their ranks, by Robbie Gibb no less. (Gibb is no doubt the most malign individual there). You look at some of the panelists on Question Time and you seriously question how on earth a lineup can be dominated by grotesque, ill informed prejudiced right wing shock jocks. It is their news output that pisses off the left and rightly so. We have the most corrupt government in this country's history (moreso than Thatcher's) and the BBC refuse to reveal or even hint at that to its fee paying public.

On the flipside what pisses off the right wingers, your Daily Mail's and all that, is the BBC's cultural output. It's very progressive, eclectic and you only have to see their coverage of women's football to see that is the case. Take their nature and global documentaries - it reveals the destruction being wrecked upon the planet - the BBC are not shy in broadcasting that.

I don't believe in those wankers calling to Defund the BBC. I see so called 'lefties' spreading the same slogan, completely ignorant that Defund the BBC is a backbench Conservative creation who despise the institution's public status and that it infringes on their pals Murdoch et al quest for outright domination of the UK media industry.

To have a public service broadcaster like the BBC is one of the very few blessings the UK still has. It still offers a centre of gravity and considerable cultural capital for the country. It's probably influenced my tastes and interests more than anything aside from my dad. Whether it's docs by Attenborough, Simon Reeve, Louis Theroux, Michael Palin, drama, film or radio I would still take it over any streaming site every day. I love the fact that BBC radio was my gateway into Liverpool FC - my parents wouldn't be seen dead with a Sky subscription so what else could give me access to a moment like Gerrard slamming in the winner late on against Olympiakos (iconic Alan Green commentary still ringing in my ears). It's probably Britain's only stream of soft power left in this world.

In a country like ours where all our pride and key institutions have been whored out to the Tories filthy rich foreign investor pals, it irritates the Conservatives that the BBC still exists, much in the same way the NHS continues to piss them off.

Sadly, this Lineker episode shows that the only way the Tories can destroy the BBC is by infiltrating it from the inside. The BBC at its best is a sacred source of education, knowledge, enjoyment and all round cultural fulfilment. Your Robbie Gibbs, Richard Sharps (and plenty others) should be hanged for cultural desecration.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2023 11:14:27 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #3286: Mar 12, 2023 06:21:21 pm
      It's not as easy as calling the BBC a right wing / left wing institution.

The tension exists between their news output and their cultural output.

I think their news output is definitely suppressed and influenced by the Conservatives in their ranks, by Robbie Gibb no less. (Gibb is no doubt the most malign individual there). You look at some of the panelists on Question Time and you seriously question how on earth a lineup can be dominated by grotesque, ill informed prejudiced right wing shock jocks. It is their news output that pisses off the left and rightly so. We have the most corrupt government in this country's history (moreso than Thatcher's) and the BBC refuse to reveal or even hint at that to its fee paying public.

On the flipside what pisses off the right wingers, your Daily Mail's and all that, is the BBC's cultural output. It's very progressive, eclectic and you only have to see their coverage of women's football to see that is the case. Take their nature and global documentaries - it reveals the destruction being wrecked upon the planet - the BBC are not shy in broadcasting that.

I don't believe in those wankers calling to Defund the BBC. I see so called 'lefties' spreading the same slogan, completely ignorant that Defund the BBC is a backbench Conservative creation who despise the institution's public status and that it infringes on their pals Murdoch et al quest for outright domination of the UK media industry.

To have a public service broadcaster like the BBC is one of the very few blessings the UK still has. It still offers a centre of gravity and considerable cultural capital for the country. It's probably influenced my tastes and interests more than anything aside from my dad. Whether it's docs by Attenborough, Simon Reeve, Louis Theroux, Michael Palin, drama, film or radio I would still take it over any streaming site every day. I love the fact that BBC radio was my gateway into Liverpool FC - my parents wouldn't be seen dead with a Sky subscription so what else could give me access to a moment like Gerrard slamming in the winner late on against Olympiakos (iconic Alan Green commentary still ringing in my ears). It's probably Britain's only stream of soft power left in this world.

In a country like ours where all our pride and key institutions have been whored out to the Tories filthy rich foreign investor pals, it irritates the Conservatives that the BBC still exists, much in the same way the NHS continues to piss them off.

Sadly, this Lineker episode shows that the only way the Tories can destroy the BBC is by infiltrating it from the inside. The BBC at its best is a sacred source of education, knowledge, enjoyment and all round cultural fulfilment. Your Robbie Gibbs, Richard Sharps (and plenty others) should be hanged for cultural desecration.
      Lets not forget the numerous foreign language services which serve as beacons to neglected, remote and often politically repressed regions around the World. The BBC is far from perfect ( an institution of that scale could never be) but it is the by some distance the gold standard of Global media output.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #3287: Mar 12, 2023 06:29:36 pm

I can't see any evidence Tim D. has ever been a Conservative politician...Member of the party, but not ever an elected politician.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3288: Mar 12, 2023 06:54:49 pm
      I can't see any evidence Tim D. has ever been a Conservative politician...Member of the party, but not ever an elected politician.

Wikipedia says he was chairman of his local conservative association and stood as a councillor, unsuccessfully but I agree that describing him as a politician was an exaggeration.

Apologies for that I still think he's biased towards the Tories.

Quick Reply