Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 430009 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3312: Mar 13, 2023 05:12:36 pm
      Really hope thats not true my daughter is already 2 years into her political career at the age of 19, and she has a heart of gold and wants to make things better. Sadly she is with young scottish labour and im SNP, but still she has her own mind, and im still proud of her.
      Good for her and I hope she’s different but I’ve yet to know, meet or watch a politician that I would trust farther than I could throw them. You aren’t a politician for very long u less you are beholden to some special interest.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3313: Mar 13, 2023 06:28:08 pm
      On reflection does GL have a point in making a comparison between the language Braverman used in relation to current Tory immigration policy, to language the Germans used in the 30's.

Well in the 1930's thousands of Polish Jews were deported from Germany and basically dumped back in Poland. "Night of broken glass" which I earlier incorrectly referred to as the "Night of the long knives", happened in 1934. Obviously the subsequent horrors visited on Jewish people magnifies what happened in the 30's. The level of hate doesn't really compare but there is element of TRUTH in what he says. Enough for Braverman to hold her head in shame.

For anybody to say such a thing about Braverman and the Tories indicates that the Tories, as with the Windrush scandal have no objection to subjecting relatively innocent people to degrading, dehumanising and cruel treatment.

Are the Tories now out of control. Not far off it. Left unchecked they will wreak havoc on the working class and anybody they see as undesirables. No area is off limits, if they can make political capital out of it. Right wing thugs almost.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3314: Mar 13, 2023 06:29:43 pm
      Really hope thats not true my daughter is already 2 years into her political career at the age of 19, and she has a heart of gold and wants to make things better. Sadly she is with young scottish labour and im SNP, but still she has her own mind, and im still proud of her.

At least the SNP are well rid of Jimmy Krankie ( Nicola Sturgeon ). Good luck to your daughter in her political career.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #3315: Mar 13, 2023 06:32:21 pm
      Good for her and I hope she’s different but I’ve yet to know, meet or watch a politician that I would trust farther than I could throw them. You aren’t a politician for very long u less you are beholden to some special interest.
      I put forward Labour MP Jess phillips....Her integrity is beyond reproach.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3316: Mar 13, 2023 08:10:33 pm
      Kudos to Linaker, and anyone else who stand up to the BBC/ Tory bullshit, fact is that their scared, not of him and those who back him, their scared of the truth simples, Linaker alluded to the decision to “Stop the Boats” being akin to Germany in the 1930’s and he wasn’t a million miles off,

How incredulous is it when you have Tory Cnuts like Raab, Patel, Braverman Sunak, who are all from emigrants who came to the UK for a better standard of life, to feel safe and perhaps to contribute to the British way of life, it is unbelievable that these Cu*ts have the f***in gall to refuse entry to those ppl who are worse off than their parents/ Grandparents were, isn’t that like the ultimate of pulling the ladder up behind you !!

How f***in sad is it the British Gov’s immigration policy is “Stop the f***in boats” rather than doing everything possible to help those risking life & limb for a better standard of life, or perhaps to feel safe, maybe even eventually help contribute to British society,

I dunno about any of you out there but I’m f***in sick of these lying Tory Cnuts , everything the touch or have anything to do with is all f***in lies, lied about promises to Scotland if they stayed within the Union, lied about how good it would be being out of Europe, lied all thru f***in Brexit, lied about the lies they told about Covid, lied about how f***in safe injections were when they clearly weren’t, lied about the Xmas f***in parties at Downing St while ppl up and down the land couldn’t visit dying loved ones or the funerals of those already passed,

Lied about the PPE contracts that were given to their Tory mates for the slippery back handers involved in securing them, and now they’re lying again, they are nothing short of being total f***in scumbags !!

That Cnut Braverman says we’ll be swamped by millions of refugees, another f***in lie, they have the same rhetoric as f***in Nazi Germany, undermining, dehumanising, scapegoating those who are fleeing persecution and fear, how f***in dare they speak on my behalf as a British citizen and decide no, your not coming f***in in, we’re not gonna help you, so turn yer wee boats around and f**k off !!

Im going now cos I’m f***in seething,    F**k OFF TORY CNUTS , if you support them you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

99% agree, except the vaccination bit. The NHS saved the lives of many people during the pandemic, this included the vaccine role out. The Tories came along, claimed the credit and have now gone back to trying to kill the NHS.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3317: Mar 13, 2023 08:33:47 pm
      I put forward Labour MP Jess phillips....Her integrity is beyond reproach.

No one's integrity is beyond reproach. If you think it is, you've already fallen for the trap.

Not to mention, lying about telling a fellow MP to "F**k off", then having to apologize when you are called on it doesn't really scream "beyond reproach" to me. Your mileage may vary I suppose.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3318: Mar 13, 2023 08:51:00 pm
      If you support any politician you should be ashamed of yourself regardless of their party. They don't represent any of us. They all only represent their own self-interests. If in doing that they help large groups or portions of a population, then they'll gladly claim altruism when in fact, they were only ever looking out for #1 all along anyway.

It's amazing to me how people will argue and debate about which "side" is better when in reality, they all stink.

Spot on mate, ppl keep harping on about the UK being a democracy, it f***in isn’t, our freedom is slowly being eradicated bit by f***in bit, it started back in the early 80’s when that f***in bi*ch Thatcher killed off the largest & most powerful union, the Miners, once that was diluted and eventually disbanded every other union fell by the wayside when mass industries went to the wall for the price of cheap labour abroad,

In short, Thatchers Gov sold the working class down the f***in river, in the name of greed, high profit, cheap labour, every major industry Britain once had was fu**ed over by Thatcher, every major town or City decimated from the Highlands to Southwest England, with high unemployment, with little or no prospects,

Then came along another Cnut, a supposed man of the ppl, Tony f***in Blair, another f***in  liar, this Cnut was worse because he conned the ppl, his own ppl apparently into believing “Things can only get Better” they even adopted that song from D-ream as their signature tune, he was right of course, Things did get better, but only for that Cnut and his ugly f***in bi*ch Missus, so yep, you’re  f***in spot on FL Red, there are absolutely no one worthy of anybody’s vote in this so called democracy,

Then ppl wonder why Scotland want to go our own way, make our own decisions that directly affect our own ppl, well, there’s one of the reasons right there, but yet this f***in Government still refuses to allow Scotland, it’s ppl the right to self govern, they won’t allow it cos they want total control of all our borders, want to dictate how we should live our lives and not the way we want to live it, we can all argue the toss over whether it will work or not, that’s for another debate, but the point I am making is the very fact that Westminster refusing to allow another independent referendum is another attack on our rights to become a sovereign state, and a denial of our freedom,

and just like those poor souls who risk life & limb for the same so called freedom, they won’t even have the chance to exist if these Cnuts in Government get their way !!!!

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #3319: Mar 13, 2023 10:43:21 pm
      No one's integrity is beyond reproach. If you think it is, you've already fallen for the trap.

Not to mention, lying about telling a fellow MP to "f**k off", then having to apologize when you are called on it doesn't really scream "beyond reproach" to me. Your mileage may vary I suppose.
      I wasn't suggesting she was on route to beatification, and let's be honest... it would be hard for anyone NOT to tell Diane Abbott to F**k off.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #3320: Mar 13, 2023 10:53:08 pm

Spot on mate, ppl keep harping on about the UK being a democracy, it f***in isn’t, our freedom is slowly being eradicated bit by f***in bit, it started back in the early 80’s when that F**kin bi*ch Thatcher killed off the largest & most powerful union, the Miners, once that was diluted and eventually disbanded every other union fell by the wayside when mass industries went to the wall for the price of cheap labour abroad,

In short, Thatchers Gov sold the working class down the f***in river, in the name of greed, high profit, cheap labour, every major industry Britain once had was fu**ed over by Thatcher, every major town or City decimated from the Highlands to Southwest England, with high unemployment, with little or no prospects,

Then came along another Cnut, a supposed man of the ppl, Tony F**kin Blair, another f***in  liar, this Cnut was worse because he conned the ppl, his own ppl apparently into believing “Things can only get Better” they even adopted that song from D-ream as their signature tune, he was right of course, Things did get better, but only for that Cnut and his ugly f***in bi*ch Missus, so yep, you’re  f***in spot on FL Red, there are absolutely no one worthy of anybody’s vote in this so called democracy,

Then ppl wonder why Scotland want to go our own way, make our own decisions that directly affect our own ppl, well, there’s one of the reasons right there, but yet this f***in Government still refuses to allow Scotland, it’s ppl the right to self govern, they won’t allow it cos they want total control of all our borders, want to dictate how we should live our lives and not the way we want to live it, we can all argue the toss over whether it will work or not, that’s for another debate, but the point I am making is the very fact that Westminster refusing to allow another independent referendum is another attack on our rights to become a sovereign state, and a denial of our freedom,

and just like those poor souls who risk life & limb for the same so called freedom, they won’t even have the chance to exist if these Cnuts in Government get their way !!!!
      Like you I won't accept any concept of decency ever crossed the mind of MT or her appalling disciples. But that is a very bleak assessment of society. There's light in there somewhere.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3321: Mar 14, 2023 07:17:40 am
      Like you I won't accept any concept of decency ever crossed the mind of MT or her appalling disciples. But that is a very bleak assessment of society. There's light in there somewhere.

Mate there is never any light for the ordinary working folk if Tories are in power, trust me, that light at the end of the tunnel was switched off years ago !!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3322: Mar 14, 2023 09:43:42 am
      The UK Parliamentary system is I believe riddled with corruption and cronyism. Any Government department that has a budget I believe if you dig deep enough you will find the procurement procedure and management shot right through with corrupt practice.

Tories are probably worse than Labour. The Pandemic was fill yer boots time. Heaven sent opportunity to rip off the taxpayer. It's no surprise to me that they got away with it.

Trust none of them, the whole system is endemically corrupt. All any taxpayer wants is half decent public services and reasonably honest Government. No chance. They've got it stitched up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3323: Mar 14, 2023 11:03:32 pm
      So with the whole Lineker situation, do the Tories get another away win?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #3324: Mar 14, 2023 11:22:18 pm
      So with the whole Lineker situation, do the Tories get another away win?
      All a bit of a storm in a teacup. I don't think anyone won. Tory ERG mob frothing at the mouth at the outcome.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3325: Mar 15, 2023 11:57:50 am
      All a bit of a storm in a teacup. I don't think anyone won. Tory ERG mob frothing at the mouth at the outcome.

Really?

Considering originally it was about the tories horrendous "Stop The Boats" immigration policy and now everyone is talking about Lineker and  Nazi Germany.

I'd say the bas**rds have played a blinder with that mis-direction.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #3326: Mar 15, 2023 06:00:03 pm

Spot on mate, ppl keep harping on about the UK being a democracy, it f***in isn’t, our freedom is slowly being eradicated bit by f***in bit, it started back in the early 80’s when that F**kin bi*ch Thatcher killed off the largest & most powerful union, the Miners, once that was diluted and eventually disbanded every other union fell by the wayside when mass industries went to the wall for the price of cheap labour abroad,

Then came along another Cnut, a supposed man of the ppl, Tony F**kin Blair, another f***in  liar, this Cnut was worse because he conned the ppl, his own ppl apparently into believing “Things can only get Better” they even adopted that song from D-ream as their signature tune, he was right of course, Things did get better, but only for that Cnut and his ugly f***in bi*ch Missus, so yep, you’re  f***in spot on FL Red, there are absolutely no one worthy of anybody’s vote in this so called democracy,

Disagree billy. Last Labour government did some great things. It was nice to remember a time when we weren't stuck in a constitutional jerk off contest between English and Scottish nationalists.

https://twitter.com/hewitson10/status/1635987056525557762?s=20
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #3327: Mar 15, 2023 06:49:40 pm
      Really?

Considering originally it was about the tories horrendous "Stop The Boats" immigration policy and now everyone is talking about Lineker and  Nazi Germany.

I'd say the bas**rds have played a blinder with that mis-direction.

I disagree. I think most people in the UK disagree with the Tory policy on immigration and it's been important that Lineker has spoken truth to power. Most of the media, including the BBC has been echoing the same government propaganda, hearing someone that is generally respected challenge that can help people see the truth.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3328: Mar 15, 2023 08:28:40 pm
      I disagree. I think most people in the UK disagree with the Tory policy on immigration and it's been important that Lineker has spoken truth to power. Most of the media, including the BBC has been echoing the same government propaganda, hearing someone that is generally respected challenge that can help people see the truth.

I never meant his actual tweet, just the way it's been blown up media wise, that was all a plan. No longer media exposure on the actual policy and the language used. It's now all been about Lineker and the BBC.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #3329: Mar 17, 2023 05:00:12 pm
      If you support any politician you should be ashamed of yourself regardless of their party. They don't represent any of us. They all only represent their own self-interests. If in doing that they help large groups or portions of a population, then they'll gladly claim altruism when in fact, they were only ever looking out for #1 all along anyway.

It's amazing to me how people will argue and debate about which "side" is better when in reality, they all stink.

Agreed. Its the same here. Our politicians are so far and beyond " Of the People, By the People, For the People" that I'm passed angry. I'm actually sad. We have let a handful of spoiled, idiotic political characters divide this country for their own selfish reasons and the more crazy and outlandish, the more popular they are. We have lost the respect and admiration for our institutions and history. Our leaders are nothing but egotistical, hypocritical reality show contestants who claim they care for the average person and working class but truthfully only want the vote and don't give a sh*t about anyone. They smile and claim to be bringing jobs back to America then turn around and take money from donors who move their business to Mexico or South America. I love my country in so many ways and hate  it in so many other ways. They ignore our veterans and let them suffer but proudly wave the flags and thank them for their service when the camera is on. Its disgusting and just gross that we have men and woman who shed blood for us but live in tents in our cities. We have groups that beg for donations so a veteran can get a prosthetic limb while were spending millions on some bullshit wall. I'm just sick of all of it.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #3330: Mar 17, 2023 06:11:48 pm
      How on earth did this thread get so derailed?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3331: Mar 17, 2023 07:21:01 pm

The Lineker stuff!!
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3332: Mar 18, 2023 07:16:59 pm
      Oh no how dare humans deviate and get into topics off the topic ooo oh no how very odd, lets just pop in as a non contributor and make sure people all adhere to my very particular needs and wants even though ey ye never share a thought yourself, share a thought bootwanter and licking mug.
      Btw I'll always detest Jenas and Nevilles little screeches during a match too, Neville isn't cool to listen too either on this Monday night bum in with Carra who is also annoying as all hell too. so there some Punditry from me. Two plebheads with screechy little voices, both can f**k off and nothing will be lost sorry for swearing.

Anything I mean anything is better than these middle eastern streams which still have that utter (censored) Andy Gray and his gorilla armed mate who went after his daughters friend on them, so seedy and skin crawling that they are still a thing.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2023 07:24:05 pm by Crunchycrisps »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3333: Mar 19, 2023 02:00:09 pm
      Does Stewart Robson have a history of anti-Liverpool comments or any kind of bias against us?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3334: Mar 19, 2023 07:51:22 pm
      Does Stewart Robson have a history of anti-Liverpool comments or any kind of bias against us?

Probably connections to West Ham who he played for and probably played in a few beatings for whichever team he played for during our rampant 80s period.

Quick Reply