Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429764 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #3473: Apr 30, 2023 04:20:44 pm
      I know there's ample competition but Jamie Redknapp must talk the most sh*te out of all the pundits.

Clueless idiot
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3474: Apr 30, 2023 06:27:23 pm
      I know there's ample competition but Jamie Redknapp must talk the most sh*te out of all the pundits.

Clueless idiot

No Twato Tyler talks sh*te
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3475: Apr 30, 2023 07:01:34 pm
      Imagine being Graeme Souness and thinking Virgil could play that RCB role better than Konate ;D

The sheer lack of preparation and planning what they're going to say from there guys is actually mindboggling.

Surely they're not all that thick?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3476: May 08, 2023 03:26:43 pm
      'Relegation form'
      Fulham 2-0 Leicester

Scott Minto

Former Chelsea and West Ham defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

It's a horrendous start from Leicester. You could see they wanted to sit back and soak up pressure early on but it has been so passive.

This game is there for the taking for Fulham. Leicester look like they could be opened up with every attack.

This is relegation form.

That's off the beeb's reports of the Fulham/Leicester game. Honestly, no sh*t it's relegation form from Leicester. That's why they're fighting relegation because they're in relegation form and have been all season.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pundits and Commenta
      Reply #3477: May 08, 2023 04:03:32 pm
      If Leicester go down we should go for Maddison. West Ham are talking silly money for Rice but we might get Maddison..£40odd mill. Deffo not a fan of Mount.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #3478: May 08, 2023 08:28:51 pm
      If Leicester go down we should go for Maddison. West Ham are talking silly money for Rice but we might get Maddison..£40odd mill. Deffo not a fan of Mount.

Maddison ... no thanks. He's nowhere near top class.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3479: May 08, 2023 08:59:45 pm

Not top class but better than what you got Don. He’ll do a job for you and won’t cost 70/80 million.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3480: May 08, 2023 09:00:12 pm

But the issue is you have to pay £50m just for someone to their boots without falling arse over tit..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3481: May 08, 2023 09:01:59 pm

Not a fan of mount (or maddison) but if Jürgen reckon he can get something out of him or whoever else he wants that is good enough for me.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #3482: May 08, 2023 09:06:21 pm
      Not a fan of mount (or maddison) but if Jürgen reckon he can get something out of him or whoever else he wants that is good enough for me.

With you FT, if Klopp wants them, they’ll be good enough for me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3483: May 08, 2023 09:17:17 pm

Think they’re both pretty much decent and would be first team players. I’m surprised many fans not that keen on them.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3484: May 08, 2023 09:38:39 pm
      Someone said t'other day we should try for Timber, then move Trent up. I mean we must have 3/4 on the radar. If we do leapfrog United, it will be easier to bring in top players. Just depends if the money men play ball. If the owners are serious about staying, they should invest in the squad. Spread it fairly thin over the years, but serious money has to be forked out now. Not gunner fork out for the likes of Bellingham or Wirtz. But we need quality, otherwise we run the risk of being out of it for 2/3 seasons at least.

New FIFA regs coming in '24 I think could see top 5 in the Prem into the C/L.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2023 10:13:46 pm by Harrisimo »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3485: May 14, 2023 02:57:41 pm
      Rememer the dopes saying Haaland made City a worse team because it looked like Arsenal were nailed on to become champions. Now that it's more or less sealed as City's again, that tune isn't being whistled as loudly because the truth is Haaland makes City even F***ing better.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3486: May 14, 2023 03:46:47 pm
      Rememer the dopes saying Haaland made City a worse team because it looked like Arsenal were nailed on to become champions. Now that it's more or less sealed as City's again, that tune isn't being whistled as loudly because the truth is Haaland makes City even f**king better.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-tottenham-carragher-haaland-29142364

Carra..WTF...Pep probably had a good laugh. No team ever gets it 100% right in terms of playing to a strikers strengths and in playing in a one dimensional formation is probably slightly easier to play against. Can't make a final call on it as City have to win the Champions League to cap off the season.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3487: Jun 10, 2023 08:28:19 pm
      BT Sport's pundits tonight are a bit grim aren't they.

And it takes watching a game like this again to remind me how insufferable McManaman is
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3488: Jun 10, 2023 10:07:46 pm
      BT Sport's pundits tonight are a bit grim aren't they.

And it takes watching a game like this again to remind me how insufferable McManaman is

Not sure there's any good ones on BT is there?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3489: Jun 10, 2023 10:15:28 pm

Don't think so mate.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3490: Jun 10, 2023 10:20:30 pm

I quite like Crouch but I don't know if that's because I like him as a person (and his podcast) rather than his actual punditry.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3491: Jun 10, 2023 10:23:39 pm
      I quite like Crouch but I don't know if that's because I like him as a person (and his podcast) rather than his actual punditry.

Never watched his podcast but don't particular rate him either chats. I just cant think of a good one.    :-\
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #3492: Jun 14, 2023 12:30:08 pm
      I watch the CL stuff on the firestick for NBC I think it is. Kate Abdo hosting with Carra, Henry and Micah. Think they have Schmiechel and Ballague pitch side.

Decent chemistry with them all.

It's for an American audience but rather that than 'yeah man' Rio and Michael Owen with Jenas and Fletcher on comms
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3493: Jun 14, 2023 01:25:01 pm
      I smile when I think about how Broadcasters assume we all want to hear someone pontificating over some action or non -action and that we’re all sat on our potato couches nodding like the ‘Churchill insurance’ dog, agreeing with their inane drivel, …. Why isn’t their a “Shut the F**k Up” option on a drop down menu for example?

There is of course the Mute button, but that’s cheating, how do we let the broadcasters know, that their making a Cnut of themselves by using pundits that are intellectually challenged that more often than not state the bloody obvious,

For me two pundits stand head & shoulders above everyone else, Ally McCoist & Emma Hayes, both are very very good, are fair and impartial and explain why or how a particular faze of play or individual effects events during play.

Isn’t that what we should all expect from a honest , open & impartial broadcaster  ??

YNWA
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #3494: Jun 14, 2023 02:40:11 pm
      I smile when I think about how Broadcasters assume we all want to hear someone pontificating over some action or non -action and that we’re all sat on our potato couches nodding like the ‘Churchill insurance’ dog, agreeing with their inane drivel, …. Why isn’t their a “Shut the F**k Up” option on a drop down menu for example?

There is of course the Mute button, but that’s cheating, how do we let the broadcasters know, that their making a Cnut of themselves by using pundits that are intellectually challenged that more often than not state the bloody obvious,

For me two pundits stand head & shoulders above everyone else, Ally McCoist & Emma Hayes, both are very very good, are fair and impartial and explain why or how a particular faze of play or individual effects events during play.

Isn’t that what we should all expect from a honest , open & impartial broadcaster  ??

YNWA

Totally agree about Ally, he is so enthusiastic and seems to be just enjoying watching the match.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #3495: Jun 14, 2023 02:46:28 pm
      Cant stand Emma Hayes

Quick Reply