Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Would you be satisfied if we finish 5/6th...?

Read 13418 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Would you be satisfied if we finish 5/6th...?
      Reply #138: Jan 18, 2011 03:45:51 am
      Fifth place looks like a pipe dream at the miniute. I'd happily take it at the end of the season.

Fifth place would be a huge recovery. If we nabbed 5th/6th, and as someone said a Uefa cup win - F***ing brilliant under the circumstances.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #139: Jan 18, 2011 01:07:38 pm
      After our poor first half to the season I would be satisfied, but not happy. Next year I really expect us to do better. But with several changes to the squad in the summer.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #140: Jan 19, 2011 02:34:10 am
      Satisfied? Yes because of the horror start we had but I would still be disappointed. However if 2/3 signings are made (eg. Suarez, Young, Warnock?) then that would be a great platform for next year where we must once again aim to win the league
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #141: Jan 19, 2011 08:52:53 am
      Satisfied? Yes because of the horror start we had but I would still be disappointed. However if 2/3 signings are made (eg. Suarez, Young, Warnock?) then that would be a great platform for next year where we must once again aim to win the league
      I think we need to bring in 1 or 2 solid players. We need a top 5 world player. I honestly believe that 1 guy, a fresh, ass kicking, scorer can push us back into the top spot.  

Three matches in and watching the signs they are looking good.
      Would I be happy with 5th or 6th finish from now at mid January?  After everything?

I would say, very much, Yes
      .....(although one above ...4th ...would be nice)..

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #142: Jan 19, 2011 09:30:59 am
      I think with the squad thats in place now, it is not god enough to claim 5th 6th,2 or 3 quility signings in the Jan window think we could push for 7th or 8th.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #143: Jan 19, 2011 10:25:36 am
      6th place should be Kenny's target as it's an improvement on last season. Granted, it's difficult because of where RH left us but Kenny has the advantage of working for a supportive board who seem to care about the team/club. Anyone "expecting" us to finish 5th or higher this season (and maybe even next season?) is deluded and WILL be very disappointed. Utd, Arsenal, City, Spurs and Chelsea are the top 5 clubs at the moment and rightly so. We don't have more money than them and we don't have a better squad. Overtaking any of these 5 is a huge task which will take more than 1 or 2 transfer windows to achieve. Any level-headed fan will see 6th place as good for this year and 5th as nothing short of miraculous.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #144: Jan 19, 2011 08:52:24 pm
      I think with the squad thats in place now, it is not god enough to claim 5th 6th,2 or 3 quility signings in the Jan window think we could push for 7th or 8th.
      I think you are right, Kenny has a lot on and just improving the team will be a hard task, we first have to rise above the relegation battle, then consolidate mid table with 22 games alredy gone and 16 left to go i think the best we can expect 9th to 7th, hope for more but being realistic.........

Quick Reply