Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Babel posts altered Webb photo on twitter - now charged by FA

Read 17033 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Re: Babel posts altered Webb photo on twitter - now charged by FA
      Reply #115: Jan 10, 2011 10:10:16 pm
      Walcott admits taking a Dive = silence from the F.A

Babel post a photo = bringing teh game into disrespute.

Go figure eh.

Exactly, dont see Webb getting dragged into FA debate for completely screwing up a football game, infact the diver got the MOTM award. Go figure indeed.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #116: Jan 10, 2011 10:13:36 pm
      In Webbs last 6 games at Old Trafford he has given Utd 4 penalties all the wrong decisions, why is the F.A not investigating that
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #117: Jan 10, 2011 10:41:01 pm
      Sorry for the charge, Ryan, Fergie Ass. are all a bunch of c*nts
        But thank  you for expressing our thoughts of the a*shole
          YNWA
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #118: Jan 11, 2011 12:02:30 am
      The fa is more than a joke they are a bunch of nothing but corrupted lot. Pictures of that idiot webb is all over the world now (Thanks Ryan) and it has enraged Liverpool fans all over the world and that useless fa has just started a war with our fans worldwide. Ryan, all of us are fully behind you. Even my tea lady asked me what's that ugly fellow in red with a red horn and a devi's spear (how artistic my colleague, well at least he dosen't has to answer to the useless fa) on the screen. Is there a way we can send a petition to the fa, like what we did to Roy. FIFA awarding the world cup host to us, what a joke, we can't even get our referees in order. The fa has passed its useful shelf life, time to give them the boot. No wonder England seems to win nothing nowadays with this bunch of clowns around, wasting their time on Ryan's tweeter instead of checking out the complaints. Time to forwarn the fa that the next time that c**t webb comes round to Anfield, he'll be murdered.
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #119: Jan 11, 2011 12:31:15 am
      Abject nonsense. Investigate Webb instead.

referees mess up and nobody can speak about their blunders? the FA is a joke.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #120: Jan 11, 2011 03:01:23 am
      Glad England never got the World Cup.

FA's dealing are as shifty as that of the Sicilian mafia.

Rather then investigating Babel they should look into the 4 penalties given to United in the last 6 matches Webb refereed there.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #121: Jan 11, 2011 10:28:18 am
      The FA should be looking at Diouf and Ryan 'I didn't see the tackle but I ran up to the ref to start moaning anyway' Giggs. And Walcott for admitting that he dived. And Neil Warnock for being a hypocrite.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #122: Jan 11, 2011 10:31:58 am
      Someone should get a banner made up of that photo ;D That'd be class
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #123: Jan 11, 2011 12:35:45 pm
      Someone should get a banner made up of that photo ;D That'd be class

Yeah, a big enough banner at Anfield when webb comes round the next time and make sure he sees it to remind him who he is, a scum slave.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #124: Jan 11, 2011 12:39:54 pm
      F**k me! Diouf tants a fellow player who is lying on the ground with 2 broken bones, Wallcot dives, admits it and jokes with the referee that he dived. All these are ignored and Babel is charged because of a mocked up picture of Webb in a united shirt, which has been done by someone else and done the rounds before!

Total pile of sh*te!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #125: Jan 11, 2011 12:40:39 pm
      I wonder if it was a Utd player that did it would the FA have said anything, Gordon Taylor was bang on what he said today.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #126: Jan 11, 2011 12:44:19 pm
      I wonder if it was a Utd player that did it would the FA have said anything, Gordon Taylor was bang on what he said today.
      Just heard that. he was spot on.  The FA should be concentrating on more important matters like Bowyers stamping on Sayna and the stuff i mentioned above.  the type of thing Babel did, is just normal stuff that flies round in text messages and emails every day.  Taunting someone who is lying on the floor with a serious injury and also cheating during a football game to alter the result, is massively more important an issue for the FA.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #127: Jan 11, 2011 01:07:18 pm
      The FA have made complete fools of themselves , as usual !

Howard Webb is the problem .
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #128: Jan 11, 2011 01:14:34 pm
      Howard Webb is a cheating cnut. Alway's has been. Look at his World Cup. A disgrace in the final.Not one  of Babel's biggest fan's but he's 100%right.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #129: Jan 11, 2011 04:46:19 pm
      The PFA have come out and defended him today. They stated the FA are being precious and asked have people lost their sense of humour.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #130: Jan 11, 2011 05:16:27 pm
      i think it's disgusting the way fa behave. instead of taking actual steps to do the job that they're handsomly paid for such as:

stamping out player cheating and diving
      appropriately punishing referees for consistently poor/biased performance
      curbing bad manager behaviour (warnock gibbering, fergie refusing bbc intervies cos of his corrupt son etc)
      promoting fair play

i can add to the list. the bunch of overpaid, privilaged c***s that run the fa with literally no ba**s to stand up to fergie and consistently failing to protect the reputation of the epl shoul take a look at themselves and ask why they're one of the least competent and liked organisation in the country. charging ryan babel for a ridicilous twoitter comment? whatever f***ing next. literally shows what a bunch of to$$ers they are picking on non-issues like this and refusing to touch any genuine problems facing the game today.

rant over. i'm off to fry the f*** out of some beef.

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #131: Jan 11, 2011 07:57:46 pm
      The FA have made complete fools of themselves , as usual !

Howard Webb is the problem .

Let's get a little real her.  The FA will never condemn any of their referees in public.  Especially if there is any suggestion of bias.  If a referee consistently underperforms then they are quietly shifted into the Championship.

Why should Howard Webb be biased and show it so blatantly that he would put his refereeing future in jeopardy?  I don't think he was intentional biased but he just made a couple of poor decisions.  I don't envy anyone having to make that sort of call under the pressure of a Premiership game.  I don't think I could or would like to do it.

However although it may not have been conscious decision to favour United over Liverpool it could have been an unconscious one.  Let me explain.

A mate at work (an Evertonion actually but not a bitter one) told me how he attended a health and safety course during which the attendees were split into groups to get to know each other.  One of my mate's group was just about to resign his job and go full time as a professional referee.  He had already officiated at a few Premiership games as an assistant referee (linesman to you and me).  One of these games had been at Anfield and another at Old Trafford.

When he went to Anfield he introduced himself as a match official and was told where the match officials  room was.  When he got there he found it was locked so went back and eventually a key was produced and the room unlocked.  It was cold and dark so he put the lights on and switched the heating on and waited for the other officials to arrive.

When he went to Old Trafford and introduced himself as a match official he was shown to the match officials room which was unlocked, warm and lit.  In it were chairs and a table with tea, coffee, sandwiches and cakes.

Alright a few light refreshments should not make any difference but if you treat the officials like sh*t then don't be surprised if some of the decisions don't go your way.  Equally if you treat them well then subconsciously they are going to favour you.

United don't miss a trick.  Neither should we.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #132: Jan 12, 2011 04:30:46 pm
      Don't forget, Webb is still a Police Sergeant in the South Yorkshire Police. South Yorkshire Police (for the youngsters amongst us, who maybe don't remember the details) were vilified by Scousers for their infamous involvement in the Hillsborough disaster.

Webb always makes sure  we lose.

Coincidence--methinks not.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #133: Jan 12, 2011 04:44:03 pm
      Let's get a little real her.  The FA will never condemn any of their referees in public.  Especially if there is any suggestion of bias.  If a referee consistently underperforms then they are quietly shifted into the Championship.

Why should Howard Webb be biased and show it so blatantly that he would put his refereeing future in jeopardy?  I don't think he was intentional biased but he just made a couple of poor decisions.  I don't envy anyone having to make that sort of call under the pressure of a Premiership game.  I don't think I could or would like to do it.

However although it may not have been conscious decision to favour United over Liverpool it could have been an unconscious one.  Let me explain.

A mate at work (an Evertonion actually but not a bitter one) told me how he attended a health and safety course during which the attendees were split into groups to get to know each other.  One of my mate's group was just about to resign his job and go full time as a professional referee.  He had already officiated at a few Premiership games as an assistant referee (linesman to you and me).  One of these games had been at Anfield and another at Old Trafford.

When he went to Anfield he introduced himself as a match official and was told where the match officials  room was.  When he got there he found it was locked so went back and eventually a key was produced and the room unlocked.  It was cold and dark so he put the lights on and switched the heating on and waited for the other officials to arrive.

When he went to Old Trafford and introduced himself as a match official he was shown to the match officials room which was unlocked, warm and lit.  In it were chairs and a table with tea, coffee, sandwiches and cakes.

Alright a few light refreshments should not make any difference but if you treat the officials like sh*t then don't be surprised if some of the decisions don't go way.  Equally if you treat them well then subconsciously they are going to favour you.

United don't miss a trick.  Neither should we.
      Very interesting post
       If someone had asked me I would have said all the ref rooms would be the same as a rule.
       The post Babel made was childish and silly a bit like the player (IMO) I can not understand all the fuss the FA have made
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #134: Jan 12, 2011 04:58:03 pm
      RE. The earlier post by Oldred

Mate I'm all for giving anyone the benefit when the situation demands but Webb consistently awards highly dubious decisions in high profile encounters like Sundays game, which do have far reaching consequences.
      In any profession if an individual fails to acquit himself to a recognised standard he is subject to scrutiny and any ensuing measures.
      If it were not for the actions of the self seeking FA, referees of Webbs ilk would be officiating Championship football - if they were lucky.
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #135: Jan 12, 2011 05:16:30 pm
      Babel shouldn't have posted the image (even though it was funny) but neither should he be as vilified as he is - why is it he has been charged so quickly yet nothing has happened yet about Diouf??

Anyway back to Webb - apparently he is refereeing the derby on Sunday, fingers crossed he will seek to even things up!!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #136: Jan 13, 2011 04:36:08 pm
      Babel admits FA Charge.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/babel-admits-fa-charge

Liverpool forward Ryan Babel has admitted a charge of improper conduct.

The charge relates to comments and images published by the player on Twitter concerning referee Howard Webb.

Babel has requested a personal hearing which will take place on Monday, January 17.

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #137: Jan 13, 2011 05:04:22 pm
      Would love Ryan Babel to answer his Twitter charge in 140 characters or less, just to piss them off more.

Quick Reply