Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Babel posts altered Webb photo on twitter - now charged by FA

Read 17039 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Babel posts altered Webb photo on twitter - now charged by FA
      Reply #161: Jan 17, 2011 07:02:25 pm
      I wonder if it was a Utd player would the FA being so quick.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #162: Jan 17, 2011 07:10:51 pm
      How many times has Whisky Nose been chided for abusing officials? That's as far as it goes he gets a bit of a talking to and warned to pull his neck in and doesn't take a blind bit of notice.
      Souey11
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #163: Jan 17, 2011 08:53:01 pm
      lord ferguson of the FA refuses to talk to the BBC after an BBC expose of his football agent son's murky transfer dealings = £5,000 per annum ever since.

Was that not Allardyce's son who was the bent agent?......granted it's hard to tell the difference between the 2 tosspots these days as they both spout the same rubbish.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #164: Jan 17, 2011 08:56:29 pm
      It got much more than 10ks worth of good anti Manc publicity .....even if it was Babel.
      Souey11
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #165: Jan 17, 2011 08:58:59 pm
      As someone put on Twitter earlier the Croation FA wa fined less than 10K for racial abuse by their fans. 

The pathetic suits at the FA strike again.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #166: Jan 17, 2011 09:04:55 pm
      Was that not Allardyce's son who was the bent agent?......granted it's hard to tell the difference between the 2 tosspots these days as they both spout the same rubbish.

Not sure, but no one sued the BBC... which means.... well I'm not going to say it, but it rhymes with wilty.  :roll:
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #167: Jan 18, 2011 12:18:02 am
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #168: Jan 18, 2011 12:26:02 am
      tw*t,now sue me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #169: Jan 18, 2011 12:37:31 am

Whilst not wishing to rake up the past I might as well.  ;D

BBC THREE investigation raises new questions for Manchester United

Category: BBC THREE; News
      Date: 25.05.2004
      Printable version

With the publication of Manchester United's internal review of recent transfer deals imminent, a BBC THREE investigation raises serious new questions about the business relationship between the club and Sir Alex Ferguson's football agent son, Jason.

Focusing on two of the transfer deals highlighted by the much documented '99 questions' produced by United's largest shareholders earlier this year, the programme, Fergie And Son (BBC THREE, Thursday 27 May, 9.30pm) reveals a series of key findings.

Asks serious new questions about Manchester United's £50,000 payment to L'attitude, where Jason Ferguson worked, for its role in the transfer of goalkeeper Massimo Taibi to Reggina, Italy, in 2000.

President of Reggina and Taibi's own agent tell the BBC they had no contact with L'attitude.

Reveals the startling payments made to agents in the Jaap Stam transfer to Lazio: uncovers for the first time that United paid Jason's business associate Mike Morris hundreds of thousands of pounds to sell Stam, while Elite were paid at the other end by Lazio.

Exposes how Jason Ferguson broke Fifa rules in a major Manchester United transfer.

Discloses for the first time that six current members of the United first team squad are now on the books of Jason's agency Elite.

Hears how Jason Ferguson has had privileged access to United players by being allowed into the United high security training ground.

In July 2000, goalkeeper Massimo Taibi was sold to Italian club, Reggina. L'Attitude, a football agency that Jason Ferguson was employed by, made £50,000 from their role in the sale.

Reggina's president, Pasquale Foti, however, tells the BBC that he had no contact with L'Attitude.

Asked if Reggina had dealt with Manchester United directly, Pasquale Foti says: "Yes. I didn't deal with anyone else apart from the player's agent - Fabio Paresi."

Asked by reporter Alex Millar whether he had met Jason Ferguson, Pasquale Foti replies: "No, the only Ferguson I know is Alex Ferguson. Any others I don't know."

The programme also hears from the player's agent, Fabio Paresi, about the transfer, who says: "Jason was not involved in the deal. So the deal has been made straight between me and Reggina and Manchester United. That's it."

Paresi adds: "Probably in this way, United needed Jason Ferguson's help in this deal for something else that was not discussing the contract or the player."

The programme also reveals the payments made to agents in the Jaap Stam transfer from Manchester United to Lazio in 2001.

Reporter Alex Millar discloses that Manchester United paid Mike Morris, a close business associate of Jason Ferguson, hundreds of thousands of pounds to act for them in the Jaap Stam move.

Fergie And Son shows that for Manchester United to sell an established world-class Dutch international, it took a fee of hundreds of thousands of pounds, paid by Lazio, to the manager's son's agency, and a fee of hundreds of thousands of pounds to Morris, whose fee was paid by United.

In an on the record phone conversation, Elite director Francis Martin tells Alex Millar about the Elite role in the transfer:

"Yeah. That was the first. that was the first deal that we did. At the time was (sic) a new company - new start. we asked the question, the deal got done. Lazio asked us - that's the thing. We didn't ask. It wasn't us selling the player. We were asked by Lazio to get the player."

Former Manchester United Chief Executive Office, Peter Kenyon, however, is on the record as saying that the club had no contact with Elite regarding the Stam deal.

The programme also speaks to the player's agent, Ton Van Dalen, who expressed surprise that Lazio paid Elite: "It sounds strange. It seems a lot of people made a lot of money for not a lot of work."

Irregularities surrounding the paperwork involved in the Stam deal are also exposed.

Fifa regulations stipulate that only a licensed agent is permitted to provide services to clubs in transfer arrangements, but the programme shows how Jason Ferguson personally provided services for Lazio without possession of a licence.

"I didn't do any of the negotiation. People can check my phone statements, because I wasn't involved. As long as there's a licensed agent's name on it and that person is the person who got paid, or his company got paid. Then, that's what the rules say," says Elite director, Francis Martin, whose name was on the official paperwork.

Despite the fact that manager Sir Alex Ferguson has a history of discouraging young players from signing with agents, the programme also reveals that Elite has a large chunk of Manchester United's first team squad on its books, including Roy Carroll, Quinton Fortune, Darren Fletcher, Danny Pugh, Mark Lynch and Eddie Johnson.

The programme also hears how Elite enjoy privileged access to the team's much guarded training ground.

Former player, Ashley Dodd, says: "I think because he's the manager's son that's a major factor. I think, so he'll come in [to the training ground] and talk to his players. He can come in whenever he can. Other agents would have to make an appointment."

Mike Morris spoke exclusively to reporter Alex Millar about his United deals. He revealed that he had been summoned to Old Trafford as part of the internal review.

He tells the BBC he was cleared: "They [United] interviewed me on the Tim Howard deal and everything was done above board. As I say there's no reprimands whatsoever. I had an interview in Manchester, they were only doing their job, they did it and it was satisfactory and that was that."

Morris also says he has had no contact from the FA or Premier league over the Howard deal: "I've not even had a phone call."

In light of the impending review of transfers at the club, Manchester United felt that: "It would be inappropriate to take part in the programme."

The programme also approached both Elite and Jason Ferguson, but they declined to comment.

Notes to Editors

If any of the above is used, BBC THREE's Fergie And Son must be credited.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2004/05_may/25/fergie_son.shtml

His other son Darren was also found guilty of common assault of his wife on 10/04/2008 and fined £1500 with £200 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

Another reason for perspective, his son assaults his wife and has to pay a total of £1715, Babels £10,000 not too shabby.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #170: Jan 18, 2011 01:36:45 am
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #171: Jan 18, 2011 02:26:18 am
      It's probably the best thing Babel has done since he has been at the club!

The fact he has been fined is an absolute joke. What happend to freedom of speech?

I don't think the amount he has been fined matters. It's a lot of money no question, but to Babel? It's still a drop in the ocean of what he is on a year. If theyre going to fine multi millionaire footballers then it has to be of a substantial amount but the reason for doing so has to be a genuine case of mis conduct and this cleary is not!

It's a piece of comical spam for F**k sake.

The FA needs to have a word with themselves and look into why theyre so called top official is so blatently not up to scratch and stop giving him all the high profile games!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #172: Jan 18, 2011 02:40:02 am
      I have to say that it's no different in the dutch league. Players and managers can criticise the dutch FA or referees, but if you even somewhat imply that they're corrupt or biased in any way then you're fu**ed.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #173: Jan 18, 2011 07:12:05 am
      If Babel put half as much effort, energy and creativity into his football, as he does with twitter and tweet then we might have a decent player on our hands.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #174: Jan 18, 2011 11:44:21 pm
      Now that he is off to Germany, I hope he really lets rip on the biased, corrupt, cheating fuckers.  The FA have not jurisdiction of the Bundesliga.
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #175: Jan 19, 2011 06:58:32 am
      A 10 K fine for this? Proves only a few things:

FA has no sense of humor.

By doing this they only fuel the suspicion (the intelligent thing would have been to don't notice it but they choosed the other course... Where there is smoke, there is fire?)

On the other hand refs being way too kind with big teams is not an an exclusive problem of Premier League, it's exactly the same here in french League 1 specially with Lyon and Marseille (obvious penalties not given to the opponent, penalties given very easily for those teams, obvious red cards becomes yellow,etc...)

TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #176: Jan 19, 2011 07:05:19 am
      Lets be honest, if it were against Arsenal/ManCity/Chelski it wouldn't have been taken any further, but seeing as the FA do not want to lose their biggest customer Mr Sir Wisky Nose himself, they decide to charge Babel.

FA are a bunch of bloody brown nose arseholes that don't want to mess up their cozy relationship with the scum.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #177: Jan 19, 2011 08:58:45 am
      Now that Babel is leaving us I can't help but feel a littel sorry. I like the guy, as frustrating as he is - and you can't be frustrating unless you have something you aren't displaying for whatever reason; I.e. talent - I do like him.

Very best of luck with your new club Ryan.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #178: Jan 19, 2011 11:31:38 am

It's not his twitt but sure is worth the laugh :) Although I kinda have the feeling that after he is gone he'll probably tease the FA with something similar  ;D
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #179: Jan 19, 2011 01:56:52 pm
      Just an aside. "Orally raping a goat"????? Surely a phallasy.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #180: Jan 19, 2011 07:42:31 pm

Here you go Corbally....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/darren-lewis/Darren-Lewis-on-Ryan-Babel-fine-Now-the-FA-have-fined-Liverpool-winger-when-will-they-charge-Manchester-United-Wayne-Rooney-Darren-Fletcher-and-QPR-Blackburn-El-Hadji-Diouf-Tweeters-article676221.html

Now the FA have fined Babel, when will they charge Rooney, Fletcher and QPR's Diouf Tweeters?

By Darren Lewis

Published 08:30 19/01/11

There is little to add to the widespread condemnation of the FA's decision to fine Ryan Babel £10,000 for his supposed Twitter offence.

Except that I am now waiting for them to ask the QPR players what they meant with their comments about El Hadji Diouf, insisting:
      "That **** will get what's coming to him".

And I'm waiting for them to get in touch with Wayne Rooney for calling referee Mike Dean, the referee in Manchester United's game against Tottenham: " a f*****g w****r".

I'm also waiting for the FA to charge Darren Fletcher for his push on Howard Webb in Manchester United's game against Arsenal back on December 13.

Not holding my breath though…

Nor me.
      One rule for them and another for L.F.C.

Quick Reply