Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Digital Camera's

Read 26338 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Digital Camera's
      Jul 28, 2007 10:58:40 am
      I really want a new digital camera as I went on holiday and used my mobile Samsung E900 to take photo's and to be honest the photo's came out pretty naff. Taking photo's with mobile phones will not give you good quality photo's even if it says the camera on the phone is 2MP. Also when taking pictures with mobile phones they must be done at daytime otherwise you will barely see the picture.

I want to buy a new digital camera, probably spend no more than £100, so can anyone advise me?

I took pictures when I was away and here is two of them

Now I know the pictures looks fine but honestly some people can tell the difference and I'm one of them.

I am thinking of getting this digital camera..

Samsung D757MP Digital Camera.
      £69.99
      7MP
      3 x optical zoom
      5 x digital zoom
      2.5" LCD screen

What do you think? From Argos!!! :D
      Please advise me if your an expert and thanks
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Digital Camera's
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2007 12:15:13 pm
      I'm not an expert but if you want quality I'd go for a sony (because of my experence with my phone). More money though. I have a Sony Cybershot 'phone k800i, 3.2MP and previously the w800 2MP and both camereas are fine. I beleive its to do with the lense as I've heard that the Nokia with the 5MP camerea is not as good as my 3.2.
      Do try and go for an Optical zoom and not a digital but again more money.

Here are two examples, Albert Hall with a 2MP and the other Buck Palace with a 3MP both 'phones.

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2007 12:22:54 pm
      Upload photo's onto imageshack, thats what I done! Only takes 20 seconds - http://imageshack.us/
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2007 07:32:18 pm

Vivitar 8 MP Camera / Video Camera
      You can find the exact equivalent of this camera in larger Tesco stores for £99.99.

It is an excellent camera in so many ways. The menu works from the cursor on the back right hand side of the unit. Here are the features:

MODE SET: Auto, Program, Portrait, Landscape, Dawn, Backlight, Fireworks, Night.

SIZE: 2M - 1600 x 1200 (I use that to post images on the forum,
                 the images are massive otherwise! Check out picture 5 below!).
                3M - 2048 x 1536, 4M - 2304 x 1728, 5M - 2560 x 1920,
                7M - 3072 x 2304, 8M - 3264 x 2448...*
      *Uses serious amount of memory and even professionals just about need this clarity!

QUALITY: Super fine, Fine, Normal

EFFECTS: Black and White, Normal, Sepia, RBG

HISTORGRAM: A nice on-screen graphy thing, it's function? I'm clueless!  :D :D

SET UP: Sound, LCD set-up, Video set-up, Power Save, Date, Time, User Image, and wait for it...

GAME! : Puzzle - Rearrange 9 pictue segments to create original image.
                  Tetris - The age old classic!
                  Soko - Bit of a 'mazy, blocky, move it about haven't got a clue about it' game!!!  ???
                  Snake - Another classic!

OTHER MAIN FEATURES: Macro facility and 5 various flashes, Self timer - 3 settings.

INTERNAL MEMORY: Accessible through the game function (I've just found that out whilst writing this report!  ;) )

ALSO plays MP3 files but I haven't got that far into it yet!

FOR: Excellent imagery - viewable on a big 3" LCD screen.
              Excellent video quality - I used this camera to film my recent Hot Air Balloon flight.
              I would have been stuffed without it - my £500 camcorder is broken!  >:(
              Very lightweight despite it's metal fame.
              2000+ images on SD card memory at 2MP setting.

AGAINST: Battery lasts about a day, advisable to buy a spare.

I've shown this camera to 2 professional photographers who lug lenses, bags and memory cards around with them all day long - they have said it is easily the best £66 I have ever spent. That's right, £66, won in an auction starting at 99p on EBay! For an extra £33 you can't go far wrong!

This is a 5 ***** camera!
      1st Image - 8MP - Humber Bridge ***** 2nd Image - 2MP - Balloon Shadow
      Can you spot the difference in quality (apart from the size?)

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2007 07:48:04 pm by RED1028 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2007 08:28:56 pm
      I know what you mean about mobile phones. My sister has got the Nokia N95 which is 5MP but the picture quality just isn't right.

Anyway, I would have to recommend the camera I am borrowing at the moment the Sony Cybershot (not sure what model but it does say DSC-T7 in small letters on the battery!) and it is 5.1MP.

VERY VERY thin.  Ready to take a picture about 1 second after opening lens. Very responsive at taking pictures and great quality.

That Samsung one just looks too big - this Sony one really is like a credit card!

Upload photo's onto imageshack, thats what I done! Only takes 20 seconds - http://imageshack.us/

If you're posting massive images ie. bigger than 800px wide then if you could Imageshack them and use the thumbnail link code it would be much better on the website's 'server stress'.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2007 04:11:01 pm
      I never want to use a mobile phone as a camera, they just arn't good enough!

Anyone else got any digital camera's which you are really happy with?
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2007 04:22:05 pm
      I want to buy a new digital camera, probably spend no more than £100, so can anyone advise me?

I am thinking of getting this digital camera..

Samsung D757MP Digital Camera.
      £69.99
      7MP
      3 x optical zoom
      5 x digital zoom
      2.5" LCD screen

What do you think? From Argos!!! :D
      Please advise me if your an expert and thanks

First of all ignore any camera which boasts about it's digital zoom - Digital zooms are the worst inventions on a camera EVER. You'll get massive degradation in quality using digital zooming. On the other hand optical zooming is your best friend, and does not give any reduction in quality. Also, make sure that the camera has a 'quality' lens - You could have the highest priced camera, with 10mpx but if the lens if naff, then the pictures will be too.
      It does depend greatly on what you plan on using the camera for. If you just want it for casual use - when going out for the night etc - then you could probably live with the above problems. If you are looking for something a little more serious - landscapes/action shots etc - then you'll really need to look a lot more in depth, and you'll also need to raise your budget.

Currently I use two camera's - my Sony W880i camera phone, and my Canon Powershot S3 IS. I use each one depending on what I'm doing - the phone for casual stuff - going out, spontaneous shots etc - and my Canon for more serious work - Gig photos, landscapes etc.
      There's some examples of my work on my MySpace site, and on the missus' Flickr site. There are quite a few photos in there where it's difficult to tell which camera was used (but if your struggling, the camera phone records the date at the bottom or to the side) - An awfull lot depends on how you use it/set it up.

Going on your budget though, I'd recommend Fujifilm's FinePix range (the A510 in particular). Sony Cybershot's are very good, but I think you may struggle to find one sub £100 (I couldn't :( )
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2007 04:26:56 pm by sell73out »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #7: Jul 30, 2007 04:44:29 pm
      Well I've got my eye on another digital camera

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S650

£87.90
      7.2MP
      3x Optical Zoom
      2.0" LCD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-S650-Digital-Camera/dp/B000MVWPXC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/203-0012537-7441555?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1185810065&sr=8-2
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Jul 31, 2007 12:22:09 pm
      I have a Sony Ericsson K750i

It has a 2MP camera, and I don't think it has let me down.

I took it on holiday with me last Summer to Barcelona, and I thought it did a great job.  Although my Brother did have his Sony Cybershot 7MP Camera on him!

I think you need to stand in the right places to take them.  Those pics you took Ra Ra don't look too bad at all.

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #9: Jul 31, 2007 12:52:09 pm
      Phone camera's are ok, they say they are 2MP which is true but you got to remember its not just the MP which makes a quality picture. If you have a crap lens with a lot of MP then the quality will still be sh*t, reason why mobile phone pictures come out crap despite them trying to boast about the camera.

Look at the lens on the phone, its small and crap isn't it

Now look at a lens on a digital camera and see the difference!

Those pics you took Ra Ra don't look too bad at all.

It's because I fiddled around with the camera settings to make them as good as possible, the pictures are not bad at all but thats the best I can get out of my Samsung E900.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2007 12:54:37 pm by Ra Ra Rafa »
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 31, 2007 04:53:47 pm
      Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S650

£87.90

I stand corrected! :D
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #11: Aug 09, 2007 09:43:08 pm
      Seriously dont go for a Sony. Sony may be good in the short run but whenb the thing breaks their not very helpful. My dad is a professional photographer so i know quite a lot about the stuff so i would say go for either a Canon, Pentax or OLympus. I asked him about this and he said you will be able to get a very good one on e-bay for that kind of price range. Otherwise he said your doing the right thing in looking in the Argos catologue. Good luck mate
      let me know how you get on because my dad said he would really like to help you because he thinks your making a big mistake going for a sony as they arent as reliant.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #12: Aug 12, 2007 08:50:52 pm
      I would really like help please. Could you put up some links of decent digital camera's that your dad suggested? Thanks
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
      Reply #13: Oct 01, 2007 06:45:10 pm
      Manufacturer's Description
      Value & Performance Meets Slim, Stylish Looks.
      The Cyber-shot DSCW55 Camera From Sony

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Design and Build
      Slender, stylish and highly affordable, this W Series Cyber-shot camera doesn’t compromise on looks, handy features or great imaging performance. Light and compact enough to slip easily into a pocket or bag, the Cyber-shot W55 is distinguished by it’s durable brushed aluminium facing. Plus a large 2.5’’
      LCD screen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Megapixels
      Digital photos are made up of dots of coloured light called pixels (picture element). To make a photo requires millions of pixels (Megapixels). The more Megapixels a camera has, the smoother and clearer the photos will be. So, Crisp, clear images are assured courtesy of the 7.2 effective Megapixel sensor
      and Real Imaging Processor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anti-Blur
      Setting the user-friendly Mode Dial to High Sensitivity (REI)* mode boosts the maximum sensitivity of the camera to ISO 1000: this makes it easier to grab blurfree pictures, even when you’re shooting indoors without flash or in low light conditions.

Zoooom
      The high quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens offers a 3x optical zoom range and a 6x digital zoom capability along with a combined 14x Smart Zoom. The lens can also focus right down to 2cm shooting distance for extreme close-ups in Macro mode. Shots can be framed using the optical viewfinder as an alternative to the 2.5’’-inch LCD screen.

Sound and Vision
      The movie function will record not only the visual image, but the sound to go with it, so you can really capture the moment. All of which can be played back via your TV, as well as viewing all your shots on TV too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Screen Funtion Guide
      The handy Function Guide provides an on-screen description of each shooting mode, making it easier to pick exactly the right mode for any subject.

Extra memory
      Its easy to get carried away with shots that are so easy to take, so if your memory card fills up, or you forgot to put it in – we’ve all done it - there’s an extra 56MB of memory built in.

Battery
      The energy-efficient design of the DSCW55 delivers up to an impressive 380 shots between charges, so there’s less chance of missing that once-in-a-lifetime moment because you’re searching in a bag or pocket for a spare battery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictbridge Direct Print
      Pictbridge allows images to be printed directly from digital camera to a printer, without having to connect the camera to a computer.
      PictBridge-capable printers typically have a USB Type A port which is then connected by cable to the USB port of a PictBridge-capable digital camera (typically a Type Mini-B). The user then uses the camera to select the pictures to print, which the printer then retrieves from the camera and prints.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Sony’, ‘Cyber-shot’, ‘Anti-Blur’, ‘Real Imaging Processor’ and their logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation, Japan. All other trademarks acknowledged.
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007 06:48:27 pm by Ra Ra Rafa »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #14: Oct 01, 2007 07:59:45 pm
      Missed out the most important bit. The price?

Interested in getting myself a decent camera for my birthday and this one sounds decent - although I would prefer something similar but with at least 10x optical zoom. Is that possible?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #15: Oct 01, 2007 08:08:03 pm
      Missed out the most important bit. The price?

Interested in getting myself a decent camera for my birthday and this one sounds decent - although I would prefer something similar but with at least 10x optical zoom. Is that possible?

Why do you want a optical zoom of 10x ?
      Oh I get it, cheeky boy!

Here you go - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_ce/203-2736570-2106347?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=10x+optical

Anyway my camera cost £111, not much is it!
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #16: Oct 03, 2007 03:56:43 pm
      Ra Ra Rafa,

I work in an electronics store in melbourne, australia.....and you cant go passed the sony cybershot models....they would have to be the best digital cameras on the market today, and have been for the past couple of years.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #17: Oct 03, 2007 06:30:32 pm
      Ra Ra Rafa,

I work in an electronics store in melbourne, australia.....and you cant go passed the sony cybershot models....they would have to be the best digital cameras on the market today, and have been for the past couple of years.

At least I know whats the best!

So tell me mate, how good is the cybershot dsc-w55? Thats if you know that particular model..
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #18: Oct 06, 2007 07:11:54 pm

I haven't recived the camera yet but I went into a Sony shop today and for the first time looked at the camera in a cabnit.

The camera is so shiny and small, what a beautiful looking camera! Sony know how to design their electronics and they also know how to make them perform!

JD, next time you go shopping (window or not), go into the Sony store and look at the digital camera's, the one I'm getting is the DSC-W55, they all look similar and are so nice. That picture I posted the other day does not do it any justice to how nice the camera actually looks, and I know for a fact it performs well.

Sony make the best products - End Off!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #19: Oct 18, 2007 01:09:51 am
      Not too sure if it's a great camera or not (seems pretty decent like!) but I've got an early birthday present - a Sony DSC-T70.

Had a bit of a play and it is entirely touch screen to operate on the back (apart from zooming and taking your snap).

You can upload your own music to do slideshows.  You can do all the red-eye reduction stuff and 'write' on the pictures with a little stylus thing on the screen.

Erm... that's all I've learned so far.  Oh - something about High Definition or something.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #20: Oct 18, 2007 01:34:17 am
      Just checked on Amazon and indeed it does look rather nifty

scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #21: Oct 21, 2007 04:27:03 pm
      It's a quality camera....no distorted images- regardless of how much you zoom in or out....fantastic clarity with great resolution....8.1 mega pixels, you cant complain with that. Great size- very slim....yet a very good looking digital camera....i personally believe sony make the best camera's, taking into consideration appearance and quality...you cant go wrong
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Oct 29, 2007 04:43:32 pm
      What's your Sony DSC-W55 like then Ra Ra Rafa? I'm definitely going for a Cybershot myself and will probably want to spend about £130 at the most?

Quick Reply