Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fans that bring our great club down!

Read 21366 times
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Fans that bring our great club down!
      Reply #23: Jan 14, 2011 01:00:34 pm
      It's a disgrace. LFC should never stoop so low. Other clubs will chant about Hillsborough/Heysel etc, but we are better than that.

Disgusting to see.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #24: Jan 14, 2011 02:18:19 pm
      If people were at the game, they'd understand. Simples.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Jan 14, 2011 03:20:10 pm
      I think a lot of people might have done the same thing, especially when they were younger. I'll admit I have said stuff to United fans, regretably now, when I was younger, years ago. I didn't realise it at the time what I was doing. I'll never do it again as I now know what hurt I'm putting on the people involved in the tradegies. Even there 2 weeks ago, one of my good friends who is a Liverpool fan was saying stuff and I had to get him and tell him cop the F**k on like.

We shouldn't stoop that low.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Jan 14, 2011 03:49:26 pm
      And I'm sure most United fans say dont sink to our level.

Ha ha ha ha, that's a classic right there.

Listen to the crowd when they start with their anti-scouse bile and carry on to murderers and without killing anyone, it's the majority that sing it. Yet no tv zooms in on them, F***ing hell the commentators said F**k all when their players were singing that "without" on the pitch in Moscow.

All a bit of a stitch up that by ITV for me, especially with some of the recent stuff, surprised there hasn't been more in the press moralising over this.

In my opinion there is absolutely no room for so-called ''fans'' of a club who has lost so many, offending the history of another club with past tragedies. Even if it is United. Fans like the lad in this video need to cop on.

I'd love to see you say that to Utd fans of the same age, who would happily call you a murderer and a dirty scouse b***ard to your face even if your not from Liverpool and see what response you get from them.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #27: Jan 14, 2011 03:56:05 pm
      No point in stooping to their level.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #28: Jan 14, 2011 04:14:20 pm

Listen to the crowd when they start with their anti-scouse bile and carry on to murderers and without killing anyone, it's the majority that sing it. Yet no tv zooms in on them, F***ing hell the commentators said F**k all when their players were singing that "without" on the pitch in Moscow.

was that on the pitch??
      I'd love to see you say that to Utd fans of the same age, who would happily call you a murderer and a dirty scouse b***ard to your face even if your not from Liverpool and see what response you get from them.

Most of my United friends already know what my opinion is on the matter. The one time I have gone on about Muinch is when one of my friends was on about murderers and that, he did say it first tho, and we nearly came to blows, I wouldnt talk to him for days afterwards and he is one of my good friends.

I feel giving the the silent treatment or even taking a morale highground on the matter quickly shuts them up, like saying how they cant have a decent debate without stooping that low.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #29: Jan 14, 2011 04:53:13 pm
      Its impossible to debate with a Manc anyway.

Most are genuinely clueless and just support United because they are glory hunters.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #30: Jan 15, 2011 09:09:03 am
      In a match atmosphere like that, with 60,000 Manc's shouting "you Scouse bas**rds", your frustration can get the better of you. That guy was probably just caught up in the moment.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #31: Jan 15, 2011 09:13:13 am

Most are genuinely clueless and just support United because they are glory hunters.

99.9% of them are glory hunters who know F**k all about football, but just support them because there winning.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2011 11:47:16 am
      A football match is a microcosm of society, in society we have anti-social behaviour in the population so a football match will just mimic a greater population on a smaller scale.

It's just the way it is.

After all, you can't sh*t without an Arsehole.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2011 05:11:04 pm

After all, you can't sh*t without an Arsehole.
      Alex Ferguson can!!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2011 05:33:10 pm
      It's hard to accept, but it happens and people won't change, where do you think he picked it up from? friends? family? they are probably just as bad.  To be honest I don't think he should get slated too much for this, if he has always been told to hate United and abuse them when he can, that's what he'll do.  So ok he should no better of course, but like they say change is hard and it's a hell of a lot easier just to practice what you've always known.

My brother is a Manu fan and he will go to great lengths to rub it in if we have a bad result (I return the favour obviously) or are on the brink of administration, but he knows where to stop and what's right and wrong and a lot of other footy fans are the same,  it's just that some "fans" can go too far when theres no need, like the OP has stated they should not be allowed at the games if they are going to behave in such a way, absolutely disgraceful.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #35: Jan 15, 2011 05:35:07 pm
      In a match atmosphere like that, with 60,000 Manc's shouting "you Scouse bas**rds", your frustration can get the better of you. That guy was probably just caught up in the moment.

Oh come on, whats wrong with "You Manc cu*ts" that's not an excuse IMO.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #36: Jan 15, 2011 05:54:56 pm
      Totally agree with you AJ.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #37: Jan 15, 2011 07:42:55 pm
      I agree with you, this sort of thing shouldn't be tolerated at a football game.
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • Ní bheidh tú ag siúl in aonar.
      Reply #38: Feb 02, 2011 07:43:19 pm

99.9% of them are glory hunters who know F**k all about football, but just support them because there winning.
      Agreed !!
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2011 07:41:16 pm
      It's embarrassing for the club, and a stick for various idiots to beat us with. Damages the clubs image.

The camera didn't just happen upon that guy.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #40: Jul 12, 2011 04:06:30 am
      It's a naughty chant, which unfortunatley won't be going away any time soon. At least not untill they stop chanting them disgusting songs of thier own.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41: Jul 13, 2011 06:07:06 pm
      It's embarrassing for the club, and a stick for various idiots to beat us with. Damages the clubs image.

The camera didn't just happen upon that guy.

It's funny how none of the cameras EVER pick up them cu*ts singing "their" songs does it?
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 08, 2011 01:10:03 pm
      Fans from both clubs don't go out to purposly offend individuals.

What i mean is, I doubt many united fans might have thought actually, there could be a relative sat over there who lost a dad at Hillsborough.  Or likewise from us, id bet a good amount of reds chanting munich never thought for a second relatives etc could be sat 20 yards away.

They were tragic incidents that occured in the clubs history, your attacking the club, there is a slight difference.

Its just the same with fighting, if a red battered a manc at the ground, i bet he doesnt stop and think for two seconds that maybe this mancs wife is 8.5months pregnant and hes expecting his first child any day now, its just all about attacking manchester united football club not the actual person.

Im not defending it, but its a part of football and i dont actually think the individuals involved actually mean to offend other individuals, but instead mean to offend the other clubs badge.

Hope that makes sense, it does in my head.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #43: Aug 08, 2011 07:22:49 pm
      It does make sense K_R but my point would be that those fans SHOULD be thinking about these possibilities. I'm all for piss-taking and I'm happy to argue with a Manc until the cows come home about who's the biggest and most successful club etc but raising a fist to one is another matter.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #44: Aug 08, 2011 07:41:31 pm
      Fans who shame us - the dickhead who was shouting abuse at NGog on Saturday.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #45: Sep 01, 2011 12:45:30 pm
      I was at the Utd game. IMO the fans didn't shame us they were awesome.
      Utd tried to belittle us & we just drowned them out completely for 90 minutes
      Kenny's 1st game back it was brilliant even tho' we lost. Cheer's Howard

Quick Reply