Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Fans that bring our great club down!

Read 21425 times
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Fans that bring our great club down!
      Reply #46: Sep 01, 2011 01:12:58 pm
      I was at the Utd game. IMO the fans didn't shame us they were awesome.
      Utd tried to belittle us & we just drowned them out completely for 90 minutes
      Kenny's 1st game back it was brilliant even tho' we lost. Cheer's Howard

So was I, sadly there was small minority who persist with the Munich chants and yes the abuse from the Mancs was far worse but it doesnt make it OK.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #47: Sep 07, 2011 09:47:32 am
      So was I, sadly there was small minority who persist with the Munich chants and yes the abuse from the Mancs was far worse but it doesnt make it OK.

The funny thing is that when the Munich disaster happened there was no abuse only horror that so many good young footballers had lost their lives.In fact i recall clubs lending United players so they could play their league and cup games.If my memory is not playing tricks on me Blackpool lent/gave United Ernie Taylor and he played in the Cup Final for United.Maybe things were different as Matt Busby was an ex L.F.C. player prior to getting the managers job at United and he was pretty well respected.I wonder if a lot of the problems we experience today are caused by the media.Oh I think United got beat in the Cup Final.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #48: Sep 07, 2011 02:57:02 pm
      The funny thing is that when the Munich disaster happened there was no abuse only horror that so many good young footballers had lost their lives.In fact I recall clubs lending United players so they could play their league and cup games.If my memory is not playing tricks on me Blackpool lent/gave United Ernie Taylor and he played in the Cup Final for United.Maybe things were different as Matt Busby was an ex L.F.C. player prior to getting the managers job at United and he was pretty well respected.I wonder if a lot of the problems we experience today are caused by the media.Oh I think United got beat in the Cup Final.
      They did, to Bolton, I think

How were the mancs shortly after Hillsborough for anyone who remembers?
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Strong & Eternal LFC supporter!
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      • From Aegean Sea... we're coming to support LFC!
      Reply #49: Sep 07, 2011 03:19:16 pm
      I know... few (and mostly, ONE!!!), here in Greece, that calling himself "Red" is an INSULT for us!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #50: Sep 09, 2011 08:45:53 pm
      They did, to Bolton, I think

How were the mancs shortly after Hillsborough for anyone who remembers?

Still quite vividly remember the pen written note left on the kop gates couple of days after the disaster

Just like the Pheonix rose from the flames of Munich
      So too will the Liverbird rise again.

From All the lads on the stretty.

YNWA.

Also remember them making tw*ts of themselves in 93 not long after Tony Bland died, with a few unpleasant chants followed by chants of "scum" from the Kop.

Obviously followed by manc chants of "We're your famous Munich song"
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #51: Sep 09, 2011 09:44:05 pm
      should be
      "Where's your.."

Most Mancs I know are sound about Hillsborough although I did once have a major fall out with a senior Manchester FA official about a comment he made at a training course I attended. Soon put him right-the tw*t!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3951 
      Reply #52: Sep 09, 2011 09:45:16 pm
      The funny thing is that when the Munich disaster happened there was no abuse only horror that so many good young footballers had lost their lives.In fact i recall clubs lending United players so they could play their league and cup games.If my memory is not playing tricks on me Blackpool lent/gave United Ernie Taylor and he played in the Cup Final for United.Maybe things were different as Matt Busby was an ex L.F.C. player prior to getting the managers job at United and he was pretty well respected.I wonder if a lot of the problems we experience today are caused by the media.Oh I think United got beat in the Cup Final.
      Excellent comment Billy only just seen it mate, the media are partly to blame of course for the changing face of the supporters but when you consider the attitude of their septic drunken old b***ard of a manager is there any wonder the supporters act in the same way.
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2011 11:55:09 pm by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #53: Sep 09, 2011 09:59:55 pm

I know.

But I was typing fast and didn't think!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #54: Sep 09, 2011 11:07:19 pm
      I know.

But I was typing fast and didn't think!

You could go back and edit it and pretend this whole embarrassing incident never happened ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Sep 19, 2011 01:34:09 pm
      Ha ha ha ha, that's a classic right there.

Listen to the crowd when they start with their anti-scouse bile and carry on to murderers and without killing anyone, it's the majority that sing it. Yet no tv zooms in on them, f**king hell the commentators said f**k all when their players were singing that "without" on the pitch in Moscow.

All a bit of a stitch up that by ITV for me, especially with some of the recent stuff, surprised there hasn't been more in the press moralising over this.

I'd love to see you say that to Utd fans of the same age, who would happily call you a murderer and a dirty scouse b***ard to your face even if your not from Liverpool and see what response you get from them.

The beautiful irony is the player they most idolise is a scouser.Thick bas**rds.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #56: Sep 19, 2011 05:14:01 pm
      The beautiful irony is the player they most idolise is a scouser.Thick bas**rds.

Sums it up,some will even have scouse friends & family. Most of it is just plain and simple unthoughtout hate during match time (build up, afterwards etc)

Yeah some real deep rooted sh*t lies beneath within some firms, but most isnt about that anymore. Every ground I have been to has an element still & prob always will. Fans mirror society somewhat. Blimey I have been called things here for calling that thing SAF & saying what a good manager he is. Its a deep rooted hate from some, thing is not everyone thinks like that.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #57: Sep 21, 2011 12:05:07 am
      Sums it up,some will even have scouse friends & family. Most of it is just plain and simple unthoughtout hate during match time (build up, afterwards etc)

Yeah some real deep rooted sh*t lies beneath within some firms, but most isnt about that anymore. Every ground I have been to has an element still & prob always will. Fans mirror society somewhat. Blimey I have been called things here for calling that thing SAF & saying what a good manager he is. Its a deep rooted hate from some, thing is not everyone thinks like that.
      Seriously mate, stop calling him SAF, if you wanna do that, go post on RedCafes' "lets massage Sir Alex Ferguson's ego and/or cock" thread
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #58: Sep 22, 2011 11:56:24 am
      Seriously mate, stop calling him SAF, if you wanna do that, go post on RedCafes' "lets massage Sir Alex Ferguson's ego and/or cock" thread

Seriously if I hadnt used the term in the paragraph I just used it then how would people know what I had called him! I did say that thing before as well. TBH I couldnt care less about him & Im not bothered what he is called or what title he has. Im more interested in taking the title back from him, that will piss him off far more than a few hurt me not names. YOu might not like it or agree but he is a Sir. I dunno why & Im not bothered just as I'm not about Sir Elton Gone. Beat the fukka on the pitch, thats where it hurts him :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #59: Sep 22, 2011 10:40:41 pm
      YOu might not like it or agree but he is a Sir.

He may have been made a Sir by the government at the time but that doesn't mean we have to honour that title and address him as such as he is far from worthy in my opinion.

Rafa Benitez never addressed him as Sir, just Mr Ferguson. I always loved that!
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #60: Sep 23, 2011 10:09:20 am
      He may have been made a Sir by the government at the time but that doesn't mean we have to honour that title and address him as such as he is far from worthy in my opinion.

Rafa Benitez never addressed him as Sir, just Mr Ferguson. I always loved that!

You can call him what you like, if he is worthy or not doesnt matter to me. I have so many more important things to care about than things like this
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #61: Sep 23, 2011 12:56:26 pm
      You can call him what you like, if he is worthy or not doesnt matter to me. I have so many more important things to care about than things like this

So why actually bother commenting, why not ignore and move on, had to have the last word?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #62: Sep 23, 2011 06:08:47 pm
      So why actually bother commenting, why not ignore and move on, had to have the last word?
      He won't be able to now, not unless you go visit him on Red Cafe.

Just an observation, the title thread is a bit misleading. We have a minority of dickhead fans, just as any club has but they don't bring the club down.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #63: Oct 18, 2011 02:11:41 am
      I see the same tw*ts that were abusing Kenny on twitter a few weeks back are not turning to abusing Stan Collymore. Why? Because he didn't dedicate his entire show tonight to the Hillsborough debate. All he did was go to the memorial, signed the petition, RT'd all trends asked of him and had a reporter from the House of Commons on his programme tonight.

Fools.
      Marcisared
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #64: Apr 10, 2012 08:19:36 am
      I remember going to my first game when I was 8 we were playing manure and I was in the kop.  We won 2 nil and I remember the song always look on the runway for ice being chanted to the bright side of life tune.  I joined in and actually found it funny.  I didn't know the meaning of the words then and when I found out I still found it funny-I was ignorant, immature and have since grown up.  A minority of LFC fans still haven't grown up and still chant similar nastiness but when I went to the FA Cup game this year where we won 2 1 it sounded like the whole of the manure fans were chanting murderers and it disgusted me.  It never entered my mind to stoop so low- I'm glad I've grown up and know better
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #65: Apr 10, 2012 02:52:26 pm
      I remember going to my first game when I was 8 we were playing manure and I was in the kop.  We won 2 nil and I remember the song always look on the runway for ice being chanted to the bright side of life tune.  I joined in and actually found it funny.  I didn't know the meaning of the words then and when I found out I still found it funny-I was ignorant, immature and have since grown up.  A minority of LFC fans still haven't grown up and still chant similar nastiness but when I went to the FA Cup game this year where we won 2 1 it sounded like the whole of the manure fans were chanting murderers and it disgusted me.  It never entered my mind to stoop so low- I'm glad I've grown up and know better

They always sing murderers about us even when they're playing other teams as do Everton.
      I had a conversation with a Man U season ticket holder this weekend and i asked him why they are so obsessed about us, he said they're not!! I asked him why are 50% of they're songs about us, His answer was that we do the same!! I then asked why do they sing things like you scouse b*****d about Gerrard and a minute later sing Rooney,Rooney. He said that's different because he's an Evertonian!!!
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #66: Apr 10, 2012 03:05:14 pm
      I like this, takes a gent to admit you were wrong and have grown up, well in

Quick Reply