Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Blackpool

Fernando Torres
      (36.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (7.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      (3.2%)
      Milan Jovanovic
      (2.6%)
      Martin Kelly
      (14.8%)
      Pepe Reina
      (35.5%)

Blackpool 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Despair

Read 83150 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Blackpool 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Despair
      Reply #1081: Jan 12, 2011 11:55:04 pm
      Yeah I didn't realize what I have been writing. If I said anything negative or rude, just ignore it. Hopefully we can get back on track against everton with the crowd singing there hearts out. Form goes out the window. Perfect game to get back on track. But the blackpool game was a massive downer on everyone though.

dont worry, i've said many down-heartening things too.

the only way through is to rally the troops and let them know we are there for them always.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1082: Jan 12, 2011 11:55:47 pm
      I dont care.

I still think Kenny deserves the job. We passed well tonight.

We just have a sh*te defence. And Mereiles pass for first. No manager can control thta.

I said the same for Roy at Spurs. Nothing he could do. Same tonight.

We should have had a penalty too. Bring on Sunday and quick!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #1083: Jan 12, 2011 11:58:28 pm
      No I did not say that at all, more like your so depressing if you worked at a prevention line your callers would probably go thru with it.

Good job I ain't working at a prevention line then huh :)?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1084: Jan 12, 2011 11:59:16 pm
      Agree. I also think the 50/50 balls were a problem for us on more than a few occasions during the game. And we really should be beter in the air.

We've simply got too many softy players. Gone were the days where pint size Craig Johnston will make John Terry looks like a 2nd division player. We need to play intelligently, if our players are not hard enough, we need to move a yard or two faster and nearer to the ball. But again, does our players have the desire and motivation to do so? I'm going to take count of how many 50-50 balls we lost in the next game and see how competitive we really are? Talking from an amateur footballer point of view, evertime I win a 50-50 ball it gives me confidence I'm sure the rest will feel the same and the opposite is true for the opposing team. Otherwise, it'll be like  ... here we go again need to fight/defend to get the ball back. If you continue to do that, your morale goes down. Besides that, Kuyt keeps tracking back helping to cover our defence, but he's as good as not being there, as he is not making the tackles, not harassing the oppenents, he's just making himself looks useful and harworking. Shelvey would have done a better job, in fact he won a few loose balls and harrased the scums defence and robbed them off the ball a few times.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011 12:09:16 am by redkop63 »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1085: Jan 13, 2011 12:00:17 am
      I dont care.

I still think Kenny deserves the job.

Is it only me that doesn't understand this statement? Why would he not deserve the job?

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1086: Jan 13, 2011 12:00:58 am

you should.

We passed well tonight.

really??

Mereiles and Kuyt had shockers, two people you would expect to be passing well in a game seeing as they were playing in midfield.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1087: Jan 13, 2011 12:01:25 am
      You need help mate. Your Lucas agenda knows no bounds.

Are you honestly telling me that Lucas is good enough for this Club?. I've needed help since 1990 but regardless of how much MDMA I've absorbed it's quite plain to see that Lucas is utter sh*te.

What makes me laugh is that people are quick to criticise Meireles and Kuyt after the game and nobody mentions Lucas. Why are people so reluctant to criticise him?. Lucas does not have the required ability to fit into Kenny's footballing philosophy. If Kenny keeps the job after the end of season ( and I fully expect him to ) then Lucas will be gone. Mark my words.

F**k me mate, even Palermo thought that 5 million euros was too much for him and they were right. We should have cut our losses and sold him for 3 million, even that would have been daylight robbery on our part.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011 12:09:30 am by hardcoresoldier »

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1088: Jan 13, 2011 12:05:47 am
      Are you honestly telling me that Lucas is good enough for this Club?. I've needed help since 1990 but regardless of how much MDMA i've absorbed it's quite plain to see that Lucas is utter sh*te.

What makes me laugh is that people are quick to criticise Meireles and Kuyt after the game and nobody mentions Lucas. Why are people so reluctant to criticise him?. Lucas does not have the required ability to fit into Kenny's footballing philosophy. If Kenny keeps the job after the end of season ( and i fully expect him to ) then Lucas will be gone. Mark my words.

in fairness he was one of a few who played somewhat decent tonight.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #1089: Jan 13, 2011 12:07:41 am
      Cmon guys don't judge the king yet. We tried to play football and pressed higher (which everyone wanted) it's just the players have not quite got used to the pass and move style and also we lack the quality throughout the team. We didn't have 3 of our most creative players (Gerrard, Cole and Maxi). Hopefully Kenny has learnt his lesson about Poulson and Kuyt. Kuyt been a good servant to the club but needs to move on. Good performance against everton and we'll all be saying he's a genius.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1090: Jan 13, 2011 12:08:23 am
      Did Poulsen even play? And this game was enough for me to see that Johnson belongs on the right side. Other than that we've had worse performances this season. Kenny just needs time. Top 7 this year would be a F***ing miracle.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1091: Jan 13, 2011 12:09:02 am
      Is it only me that doesn't understand this statement? Why would he not deserve the job?
      Because I have listened to idiots all night telling me otherwise!!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1092: Jan 13, 2011 12:10:01 am
      you should.

really??

Mereiles and Kuyt had shockers, two people you would expect to be passing well in a game seeing as they were playing in midfield.
      You know I F***ing care.

Kenny cant control everything. But F**k it Johnson left back and Poulsen!!!!!!! F**k SAKE!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1093: Jan 13, 2011 12:14:26 am
      after a run of games like we have endured and the performances in them, surely a lot of knee-jerk reactions can be excused?

I don't excuse it. It's a sign of the person if they sit here and go F***ing nuts over something, say that a player is F***ing useless etc etc - and then when that player scores a winner that same person would say "F**k yes *insert name* you legend!!" - runs like these bring out the character of fans, and what i have seen over the last couple years is some fans here are a little more fickle than others. Knee jerk away, all it tells me is some don't have as much pride as a supporter as others. Not gonna name names or anything, im not trying to put anyone down. Thats how i see it.

I myself am as disappointed as anyone, but not surprised. The Kenny factor wasn't going to win us this game, the players still need to play a lot better than they have been and thats gonna take time to turn around. Kenny seems to have some ideas though, and im sure he is plotting some big changes. He just needs to see what we have to work with.

I tell ya one thing - Kenny will in no uncertain words make sure the players are up for the game Sunday. If we put in another sh*t performance, thats on the players. There's no way Kenny will be a softie like Roy, he will not be happy at all and say we had a good game if we lose to them. He will want us to hammer that team, and he will do everything he can from the sideline to make it happen. Bring on those bitter bas**rds!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1094: Jan 13, 2011 12:14:41 am
      Thought I'd pop my head in but the amount of 'friendly fire' is a bit much. Play nicely lads, I'll be back tomorrow when talk of 'kill yourself' and such other absolute sh*te has died down.

Ridiculous.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1095: Jan 13, 2011 12:15:28 am
      You know I F***ing care.

Kenny cant control everything. But F**k it Johnson left back and Poulsen!!!!!!! F**k SAKE!

I know.

the team selection was questionable, I know but these lads are professional footballers, they should be able to play in a variety of different positions.

We're in relegation form and this is very hard for me to take. I'm getting wasted tonight. 10 times worse than last Friday ;)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1096: Jan 13, 2011 12:16:29 am
      Lucas is as good as what he is, he's not the fastest and not toughest around but has the ability to pass the ball forward well, which is lacking in many of the other players. But we need a tough, fast and hard tackling midfielderr at the moment and in the long run to put things in order, sadly Lucas may not be the answer, however much I admire his workrate.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1097: Jan 13, 2011 12:26:13 am
      Lets move on... I want to forget about it..

We MUST beat Everton.. Its essential!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1098: Jan 13, 2011 12:28:40 am
      On the game itself, Dalglish remarked: "We passed it well up to a point, the final pass that we made wasn't as good as the boys are capable of.

Well said, Kenny, I'd re-emphasize that many times over in training in the next few days and the players will have to jolly well get working on it and the club don't pay them in excess of 60 to 90k a week to do that. Gone were the days where Shankly/Paisley/Fagan's standards was that loosing a ball through a stray or misspass is a crime and will be dealt with severely. We need to go down that route again.
      lfcgirl9
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      • In King Kenny We Trust.
      Reply #1099: Jan 13, 2011 12:29:49 am
      Very disappointed with defeat BUT come on, it was better and tactics were a lot better. We went out and tried to win, brought Torres into the game and he showed that it was tactics etc.. keeping him from performing - my MOTM. Dalglish has Torres playing in 4 days!!! pretty impressive!

Bad points - Stupid mistakes, giving away possesion far too easily. (maybe they just need a bit of time to get back into the swing of trying to play football)
                       Our defence needs sorting out!
                       Was surprised Maxi didn't come on.

Was so up for this game and when it started and Torres scored that great goal I really believed we were gonna go on and take that game. I liked the 4-3-3 in attack, didn't see it enough though, lost the ball.

Bring on Sunday, Come On Liverpool!!
      IKKWT
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #1100: Jan 13, 2011 12:40:41 am
      What do you expect from an average squad though, which is what we have. Swerve all this talk of down on confidence and all Kenny needs time, the squad simply isn't good enough. Too many players tonight aren't and never will be good enough for this club.

While we might like to believe we have a team of top quality players, we don't. We have a team of distinctly average players who, if not being pulled out the sh*t by Gerrard or Torres, are shown up to be that average. Hence why, for two years where Gerrard and Torres have been misfiring, the club has gone backwards.

The first goal was shambolic defending, something that's happening far too often this year. The second, I thought I was watching the div kid in the school yard. Our goal was good, something to be happy about - Kelly's pass was timed to perfection, further proving he should be our right back and Torres' finish was that of a top drawer forward. Put your foot through the ball and hit the back of the net.

The passing was not what you'd expect from a Liverpool side, nor was the passion. What I saw tonight was a team of shithouses who weren't prepared to put their foot on the ball, look up and pick a pass. It was get the ball and look to get rid of it as soon as possible. Nobody was taking responsibility.

But F**k it, still enough time for us to accomplish something starting this Sunday. Win against those bitter blue cu*ts at the weekend and build from there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1101: Jan 13, 2011 12:42:55 am
      The only thing we can take from tonight is that it wasn't as bad as some of our other recent away performances. However that said the times we lost the ball in midfield was utterly unacceptable and quite frankly I would fine certain players for what they gave us tonight. It was disgusting. It is an absolutely hellish sqaud we've got and I really do pity a couple of the players who have to play week in week out with that sh*t.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #1102: Jan 13, 2011 12:48:45 am
      Same ingredients (nearly), Different Chef.

One gives you burnt offerings, the other gives you a 5 course meal.

Say how wrong can you be....

YOurs was the first quote i thought i'd get in....

I've just got back,paid over the odds for a ticket,really poor away end,when the team came out i thought we're going down here,even when we opened the scoring,i know how good Blackpool are and they proved it tonight.....again.

Top class show from their fans,really great atmosphere,as for reds,really poor showing,completely dead after they scored,proving once again and like i've said previously we only sing when were winning....Blackpool's players were much better than ours just like at Anfield where Hodgson was destroyed...All the passing was Blackpool's all the passion was Blackpool's all the fight and desire and class was Blackpool's....again.

No difference here to any other Liverpool performance this season(don't know why you thought it would be unless your arse and elbows are in the wrong place).

Johnson Left back? i seem to remember someone smart arse writing after the first Blackpool game how Hodgson got it so wrong after not playing him were he should.Konchesky is a better left back than Johnson...

Now really is the time to start realising that the players aren't good enough and i'm sure Kenny recognizes that,he's been watching all season so he should know,Oh yes all you Poulson knockers,he was one of the better players tonight....

Did Kenny inherit a poor squad? if he did then Hodgson did......Prove me wrong?

Shawn of Gerrard in Midfield Liverpool are a championship mid table team at best.....most of the players are championship(Old division 2 to those of you who think Murdoch invented football).

There are many out there and you know who you are,who think Liverpool are a little tinker here and there from being great once again,you do make me laugh but your probably watching from a thousand miles away on your computers and call the league the EPL.

I'm going to trawl for some great quotes.....just to laugh at ya.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1103: Jan 13, 2011 12:49:15 am
      I think its becoming clear that the squad has too many players either just not up to the job or who's confidence is so low that they can't do the job.

Selling Alonso and Masch has exposed not only our problems in midfield but shown that our defenders are not good enough individually or as a unit.  Without Gerrard we look toothless and lacking in both drive and the ability to link our attack with our midfield.  Too many players unwilling to take responsibility, too many players making fundimental errors.

We will without doubt improve under Kenny, but without quality players being brought in there are obvious limitations as to how much that improvement will be with the present squad.

Our next game will be more about heart and passion than cultured football, I just hope Kenny picks a team up for the fight.   

Quick Reply