Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ryan Babel (LFC -> Hoffenheim. Now Fulham)

Read 225837 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Ryan Babel
      Reply #115: Feb 04, 2008 02:25:25 pm
      He's not getting too many games for us now, I do feel for the lad.
      The fans have been crying out for a Babel - Torres partnership up front... that we are yet to see !
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #116: Feb 04, 2008 02:58:16 pm
      He's not ready to play upfront but i think we will see him get a run of games again soon
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #117: Feb 06, 2008 08:49:12 am
      Next season, Premier League - watch out.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #118: Feb 06, 2008 12:15:53 pm
      Got that right crouchinho.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #119: Feb 13, 2008 09:00:28 am
      I watched the arsenal game the other day and they showed Babel talking to Robin Van Persie (one of his best friends btw), and I slapped my head and thought, "sh*t! The press are going to go all retarded on this".

Low and behold if you look at tribal football and their sh*t friends they've got "rumours" talking about a 17m move to arsenal.

F***ing pathetic....
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #120: Feb 13, 2008 09:39:50 am
      Haha how pathetic. Although i cant see it on there myself but i'll take your word for it. Can't wait to see him in the later games of this season and throughout next season.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #121: Feb 13, 2008 10:19:11 am
      Haha how pathetic. Although I cant see it on there myself but I'll take your word for it. Can't wait to see him in the later games of this season and throughout next season.

Ryan is the one player in our squad that can really emulate what Cristiano is doing at Manure.

He is as unpredictable as Cristiano was during his first season at Manure.

But watch Ryan explode onto the scene towards the end of the season and through the next campaign.

When this boy sees his name in lights (back pages) he will start to get that self-belief that will trigger so many good and talented assets this lad most definately has in his locker.

Come on Ryan - BELIEVE.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #122: Feb 13, 2008 11:23:56 am
      I think a good thing to help him would be having a player that he already knows at the club. I don't mean buying someone just because he knows them but i mean kind of like buying Huntelaar, someone from ajax his former club to make him feel more at home and to also benefit the team (with goals of course).

The only thing Babel needs now is someone to spur him on and get him to realise how good he really is. Just look at adebayors comments today, i've said from the start of the season one of arsenals strikers would step up majorly due to henry's encouragement upon his departure. He has encourage Adebayor to take his place and tried to keep him confident, this is exactly what i think Ryan needs.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #123: Feb 13, 2008 11:26:03 am
      I think a good thing to help him would be having a player that he already knows at the club. I don't mean buying someone just because he knows them but I mean kind of like buying Huntelaar, someone from ajax his former club to make him feel more at home and to also benefit the team (with goals of course).

The only thing Babel needs now is someone to spur him on and get him to realise how good he really is. Just look at adebayors comments today, I've said from the start of the season one of arsenals strikers would step up majorly due to henry's encouragement upon his departure. He has encourage Adebayor to take his place and tried to keep him confident, this is exactly what I think Ryan needs.

Er... maybe Gerrard can help as team captain?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #124: Feb 13, 2008 11:27:45 am
      True, Stevie would be great to do it as Babel has already spoken of his admiration for stevie. I really hope he does im so desperate to see Babel succeed. Such a great player to watch and can be amazing with a little guidance.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #125: Feb 13, 2008 11:29:19 am
      Er... maybe Gerrard can help as team captain?

I agree with you there Don. Didn't Ryan state that one of the reasons he came to Liverpool was because of many of the great players we have (Stevie, Torres etc). Surely it should be down to these players and the club as a whole to encourage him going forward, rather than players he left behind him?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #126: Feb 13, 2008 11:31:16 am
      I agree with you there Don. Didn't Ryan state that one of the reasons he came to Liverpool was because of many of the great players we have (Stevie, Torres etc). Surely it should be down to these players and the club as a whole to encourage him going forward, rather than players he left behind him?

Torres' english isn't good enough yet - but there is no reason for Ryan and Stevie not bonding off the field (for the sake of the club and player realising the potential) - the boy Ryan needs a role model like Stevie.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #127: Feb 13, 2008 11:31:40 am
      This is what i mean but i also meant Huntelaar would be good for the club asin we desperately need a decent goalscoring partner for Torres and it would also benefit Babel.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #128: Feb 13, 2008 11:37:39 am
      Babel looks like he is on the verge of being a brilliant player, he shows touches of blistering speed, great skill and steely composure. All he needs to do is cross that bridge...

I certainly agree with the comments above...that someone needs to help him get his confidence up. The captain should be there with him, helping him along, giving him vocal encouragement behind the scenes and on the field...I can't confirm whether he gets it on the field, I'm just assuming he's not.

We may have unearthed an exceptional talent, with huge potential.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #129: Feb 13, 2008 11:49:08 am
      Babel already has a former team mate at the club, he & Jordy Brouwer came through the same youth setup.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #130: Feb 13, 2008 11:53:24 am
      Yes thats true but can you see him getting encouragement from someone younger and less talented as him helping him much and making him believe in himself
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #131: Mar 03, 2008 01:17:23 am
      He is World class talented,
      no doubt he will lead us for the 1st title since 1990
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #132: Mar 03, 2008 01:55:32 am
      I thik Ryan shows a lot of promise, allready think he should be a regular, another good game today.Guess it's a case of really judge him next year.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #133: Mar 03, 2008 02:01:34 am
      I thik Ryan shows a lot of promise, allready think he should be a regular, another good game today.Guess it's a case of really judge him next year.

Yeah i think next season, we will see alot more of him, and all that promise he has showed this season will come good.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #134: Mar 04, 2008 12:15:56 am
      We have a gem in Ryan Babel. He is a player who can run at players with pace, trickery and bags of skill and he can pull of a decent shot too! He is a player we must now start using, we can already see the quality he posses!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #135: Mar 04, 2008 12:25:52 am
      Does anyone, for any particular reason, think that any of the senior players, DON'T encourage the likes of Babel.
      Of course they do, that is the nature of the root system of all clubs, professional or armature where youngsters are concerned.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #136: Mar 04, 2008 02:19:36 am
      ^^^^^^ Offcourse thet do it is idiotic to think otherwise.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #137: Mar 04, 2008 11:33:16 am
      Read on SSN this morning that he said he's still adjusting to football over here.. imagine when he's fully "adjusted" :o He will be on fire! He said it's a lot more physical, but he hasn't seemed to have struggled with the physical side to me, he's really strong IMO.

Quick Reply