Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ryan Babel (LFC -> Hoffenheim. Now Fulham)

Read 223337 times
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Re: Ryan Babel (LFC -> Hoffenheim)
      Reply #2461: May 21, 2011 08:24:41 am
      how has he been in Germany? Always liked him, but seems he couldn't put it all together
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2462: May 21, 2011 08:28:15 am
      Here is a good goal of his:

First Goal TSG Hoffenheim Ryan Babel
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2463: May 21, 2011 10:55:51 am
      To be honest if he concentrated on his football as much as he does his twitter account he'd be a world beater!!

If he learned to play with his head up, he'd be a world beater.  The sporadic moments I've seen him play without him staring at his feet, he was immense, almost unplayable.  He just doesn't seem to be able to that consistently, whether it's too ingrained in him as his style or something he just can't learn/realize is a different story.  No one can deny his potential, but he certainly seems to deny it to himself.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2464: May 21, 2011 10:57:56 am
      Nice little goal that, well done to him for getting off the mark, anyone know what position he's being played in?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #2465: May 22, 2011 09:35:47 am
      Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

Steven also said Project Owl was a great appointment and Joe Cole would be as good as Messi.

Ryan was a lazy, shithouse, braindead wannabe rapper. Looked like he'd be world class when he was a youngster, showed glimmers of promise in his first season for us but just bombed. If he didn't start ten games on the bounce it was because he was dire in the other nine.

Pick the ball up, control it five yards in front of you, run at the defender, slow down when you get to him rather than actually using your best attribute and just knocking it past him, instead do a stepover, knock the ball into his legs and then stand around wondering how you didn't come out with the ball. Rinse and repeat.

Sometimes it's just so easy to talk sh*t about someone. I believe this to be totally unfair, he surely was not half as good as some guys thought he was, but certainly not half as bad as you're trying to make him look.

"Lazy, shithouse, braindead wannabe rapper" ? What the F**k? Show some F***ing respect to the guy, he himself has shown a lot of respect to the club and I think he did his best to make it work, which sadly wasn't enough. But still, - F**k me - this kind of comments is way unnecesary.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2466: May 22, 2011 10:56:53 am
      Don't see what you can disagree about, jabv. He was lazy, he did concentrate on his rapping too much and he is shithouse. His goal above showed exactly why he never made it here. Ran in to a dead end, try and cut back in predictably on to his right and just swing his right peg. That's Ryan Babel to a tee and we saw it all too often to know if he didn't change this style he would never make it here.

We did the right thing to cut loose. He obviously has affection for the club and for that i say kudos to him for having respect to the club who gave him a shot but he was never and never will be good enough because he was a "lazy, shithouse, braindead wanna rapper."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2467: May 22, 2011 02:55:32 pm
      "Lazy, shithouse, braindead wannabe rapper" ? What the F**k? Show some F***ing respect to the guy, he himself has shown a lot of respect to the club and I think he did his best to make it work, which sadly wasn't enough. But still, - F**k me - this kind of comments is way unnecesary.

Oh behave will you, I've seen a lot of games where Ryan has played and I can probably count on one hand where he has had good games for us.

Look at his goal against Lyon away last season, he had a further two chances to win the game and fluffed them, one shot from fairly central nearly hit the corner flag on the right hand side.

Sorry I don't choose to arselick every player that plays for our club, especially those whose hearts aren't really in it!
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #2468: May 29, 2011 07:46:40 pm
      Oh behave will you, I've seen a lot of games where Ryan has played and I can probably count on one hand where he has had good games for us.

Look at his goal against Lyon away last season, he had a further two chances to win the game and fluffed them, one shot from fairly central nearly hit the corner flag on the right hand side.

Sorry I don't choose to arselick every player that plays for our club, especially those whose hearts aren't really in it!

I think the fact that you confuse respecting with arselicking is not good for this conversation :D

I'm just gonna say this: it's fair to say he was not a player up to LFC standards, and he certainly had some very, very bad games. I'm not trying to go against the fact that he had plenty of horrible displays, nor about him hitting cornerflags and killing grandmas in the stands. Even so, I stick to thinking that calling him a "lazy, shithouse, braindead, wannabe rapper" is over the top and unnecesary. If you consider that arselicking then I guess we ain't got much to keep discussing.

Also, sorry for the amount of 'fucks' in my last post, just re-read it and I guess i was in a bad mood or something.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2469: Jun 17, 2011 09:55:51 am
      Babel is not and never was Liverpool material, anyone who argues the point is deluded.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2011 11:02:48 am by stuey »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2470: Jun 17, 2011 11:24:07 am
      Babel is not and never was Liverpool material, anyone who argues the point is deluded.

Got to disagree, he had the potential to be, he just, disappointingly, never realized it. For me, that's largely the lad's own fault. 
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #2471: Jun 17, 2011 05:36:11 pm
      Physically he had the potential, mentally he didn't.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2472: Jun 17, 2011 05:44:00 pm
      Got to disagree, he had the potential to be, he just, disappointingly, never realized it. For me, that's largely the lad's own fault. 
      Unrealised potential or not mate his performances were not to an LFC standard by a considerable margin, he was given plenty of grace but could not come up with the goods.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #2473: Jun 18, 2011 03:02:42 am
      He just tweeted Ryan Giggs' blackberry pin. ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2474: Jun 18, 2011 03:23:26 am
      Bier
      Reply #2475: Oct 03, 2011 03:03:55 am
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2476: Nov 27, 2011 01:39:47 am
      ^^^ Thanks for posting that vid Bier, really enjoyed watching that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2477: Nov 27, 2011 07:19:34 am
       I am afraid Babel was another who got wages under false pretences for masquerading as a footballer in his time at L.F.C.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2478: Nov 27, 2011 09:30:02 am
      ^^^^

Although when, on the rare occasions he played with his head up, he was immense.  Should have made him play/train with a neck brace on.  One of those players who will never realize their full potential and sadly I think Babel's quite content not to.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2479: Nov 27, 2011 10:11:26 am
      Is n't he doing well in Germany. Always thought he was a confidence player never started three games in a row for us actually started very little games. I remember him having a good game against ramos when we beat real 4-0 he didn't start again for weeks after that
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #2480: Nov 30, 2011 10:48:06 am

Getting the lift.

Always was a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaazy b***ard ;O)
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2481: Dec 01, 2011 11:21:23 am

Really enjoyed watching that. Thanks for posting.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2482: Jan 10, 2012 11:09:53 pm
      Given out Evra's and Rooney's Blackberry Messenger Pin on his Twitter just now!
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #2483: Jan 10, 2012 11:19:11 pm
      He's just casually tweeting out Mancs BBM's. He does not give a F**k.

Quick Reply