Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ryan Babel (LFC -> Hoffenheim. Now Fulham)

Read 223356 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Ryan Babel (LFC -> Hoffenheim. Now Fulham)
      Jul 28, 2007 04:16:05 pm
      I've got a feeling that one day he'll be an Arsenal player. He doesn't look the slightest interest in kicking a ball for Liverpool, I've seen him play now and he hasn't worked his arse off for us! At least Torres has showed slight emotion!

Ryan Babel did also say in late June that one day he'll be an Arsenal player, this I don't like. I've got a feeling he's at the wrong club, his attitude on the pitch is awful.

Disagree with me and call me an idiot if you like, but you'll find out sooner or later and then we can bump this post!

________________________ _

I was wrong to say this, I hold my hands up. It's just a lack of confidence, we will see the real Ryan Babel !!!
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2019 02:42:06 pm by racerx34 »
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Re: Ryan Babel
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2007 04:26:50 pm
      Youve got to give the guy a chance,how can you judge him on bit parts in a couple of pre-season games-Do you think Rafa will accept a half hearted attitude.You and i both know he wont.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2007 04:33:50 pm
      Youve got to give the guy a chance,how can you judge him on bit parts in a couple of pre-season games-Do you think Rafa will accept a half hearted attitude.You and I both know he wont.

I agree with REDMAN how can you judge him before the season has kicked off?

I strongly believe that if he didn't really want to play for us he would not have signed, a player like him probably had a few offers on the table after all he is the "new dutch hitman"

Andy
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2007 04:57:55 pm
      Disagree with me and call me an idiot if you like, but you'll find out sooner or later and then we can bump this post!

I am going to disagree with you and call you an idiot!! How on earth can you come to the conclusion you have, based on a couple of pre season matches?? ??? ???

First criticising Kuyt and now Babel. Do you not like Dutch people or something?? Call yourself a Liverpool fan. Get behind the players FFS!!!! Look at Momo last night, our asian fans got right behind him and he put in a tremendous performance!! You could obviously learn from them!!

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2007 05:07:43 pm
      But Babel hasn't showed any determination whatsoever, I'm not judging him on his performances, I'm questioning his attitude. I know dam well he's a talented player, but question is does he want to play for us?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: Jul 28, 2007 07:11:26 pm
      Determination? Why aren't you raising these questions about Torres, or Benayoun. I haven't seen any instances of them declaring and undying love for the club. What would you like for them to show such determination? A tattoo of the liverbird on all new signings arms?

"It is very exciting for me to sign for Liverpool and it gives me a great feeling," admitted the Dutch international.

"Once Liverpool came in for me this was an easy decision to make. Liverpool is a club with a great manager, great players and great supporters."

He's obviously looking forward to putting on the red shirt, and I don't quite understand where you've got the impression he's not determined. I think he's giving one interview, and that had nothing to show he wasn't fully commited to the club.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2007 08:44:14 pm
      Has the guy even played 100 minutes of football for us yet?

Accusing the player of lacking heart?

Not having it.  I am fairly sure you stood up for Jermaine Pennant through thick and thin last year so I find your comments on Babel very peculiar.

He made comments about Arsenal yes a while back (was it last season?) but unfortuntely not all the world's greatest players are born Liverpool fans. This is a fact of life - look at Ian Rush - I am fairly sure if Everton had been interested before Liverpool he would have 'loved' to have moved there.

The rest is history.

Slating a player after a couple of minor friendly appearances is perhaps the most 'un-Liverpool' thing you can do as a supporter IMO.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2007 09:17:19 pm
      Give the lad a chance, you judge too soon Ra Ra Rafa. 
      Euro5
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      • Come On You RED MEN
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2007 09:58:06 pm
       after watching the two friendlies which babel featured I've deduced that he has a GOOD physical presence (a bit like henry) and he's young and I'm sure its confidence e.g rafa put him on the right wing when on the break he kept on passing the ball slightly backwards rather than going fawards and taking people on like henry would. I'm not too sure about his attitude or passion just yet its only been two games, rafa paid 11.5m he's 21 and its probably very daunting being scrutinized. lets just wait and see.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #9: Jul 28, 2007 11:16:39 pm
      This is a ridiculous thread! After two warm up games we are talking about a young unproven player with bags of potential.  This is not the Liverpool way!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 29, 2007 12:02:14 am
      I am fairly sure Ra Ra had his tongue firmly in cheek when he posted this topic.

Ryan Babel will hopefully have a promising future ahead of him.  I remember seeing Josemi in one of his first games and thought we had signed the new Roberto Carlos so I am old enough, and wise enough, to not judge a footballer on his first couple of hours football in some friendly games.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Jul 29, 2007 01:16:51 am
      I've got a feeling that one day he'll be an Arsenal player. He doesn't look the slightest interest in kicking a ball for Liverpool, I've seen him play now and he hasn't worked his arse off for us! At least Torres has showed slight emotion!

Ryan Babel did also say in late June that one day he'll be an Arsenal player, this I don't like. I've got a feeling he's at the wrong club, his attitude on the pitch is awful.

I can't believe you can judge a player before the season has even begun.  If he had a desire to move to the Emirates who cares?  He is earning his paycheck at Liverpool.  Look at players like Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler,  I'm sure they would of jumped at a chance to play for Everton if they got there first.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2007 09:49:47 am by koolkidda, Reason: Topic unlocked. »
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #12: Jul 29, 2007 10:12:40 am
      I'll give the guy a chance of course...but there was something about his body language against Portsmouth that just didn't seem right!

Take a look at Kuyt, Pennant, Kewell, Sissoko, Alonso - basically the whole team, seemed to put the effort in - except Babel. 

He's only young and it was only pre-season...so we can't read too much into it.

Next season is all about making an impression right from the off....let's hope he realise's this.
      ONTHEWING
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 29, 2007 12:15:56 pm
      He's young, he's new to the English game and he's just signed for the most famous club in the World!!!  I imagine hat would be a little daunting and I guess he'll take a little while to find his confidence within the team.

Give the lad a break.......... I bet you'll be signing his praises later this season when he puts a brace past the Gunners ;-)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Jul 29, 2007 06:23:46 pm

Disagree with you, you crazy kid! ;)

Seriously though, really harsh to say his attitude on the pitch is aweful Ra Ra - given that he hasn't even played a full game for us in the very short amount of time he's been with us. Don't you think?
      First impressions don't necessarily last with some players.

And I think he really admires Terry Henry as a player and wasn't he still with Arsenal back in June? That "could" be a reason for him having an admiration for Arsenal.

I'll admit he hasn't been something to gasp in amazment about when I've seen his brief appearances for us. But it's far too early to say he'll be off to Arsenal or his attitude's aweful, isn't it?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Aug 01, 2007 08:59:13 am
      Abit harsh on the lad dont you think? I have liked what i have seen so far from him and the other new guys as its their first matches in a reds shirt. Babel has impressed me with the way he tries to beat players. All have seemingly brought something new to the club which is only a good thing. Yossi has a great short game from what i have seen, Torres is willing to confront denfenders and take them on which is what we have been lacking and Babel, who has trained with the boys the least has tried to beat opposition players on the wing, once again which is what we have wanted for so long! Why complain when we got what everyone wanted? Stop bagging players and support your team, this goes for everyone. Everyone seems to take a liking for Manc players more than their own which is sad tbh. Come on boys and bring it home.
      Finnan1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 01, 2007 10:31:48 am
      I'm not gonna give you a hard time Ra Ra I feel strongly about people being able to express an opinion without having their throat cut but as whats been said give the dude a chance, I'm sure in this one instance you would gladly be wrong so here's hoping!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #17: Aug 01, 2007 11:24:15 am
      I'm not gonna give you a hard time Ra Ra I feel strongly about people being able to express an opinion without having their throat cut but as whats been said give the dude a chance, I'm sure in this one instance you would gladly be wrong so here's hoping!

Thanks, highly appreciated! Opinions are important to everyone and its important to respect their opinions.
      Finnan1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 01, 2007 11:51:50 am
      No appreciation neccessary friend I'm sure i'm gonna have a few controversial opinions on the way. And from experience passionate fans can be very sceptical of players until proven otherwise

I think we should knock down the kop to make way for a toffee superstore  :D  :angel:

We should swap Stephen Gerrard and Carra for Heskey and Traore  ::)

Now thats controversy!!!!!

LFC Gary
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 01, 2007 12:21:16 pm
      I really don't think we've seen enough of him to pass judgement yet. The bedding in period is different for every player, but the couple of sub appearances he's made wouldn't be enough for anyone. I have to admit I haven't been very impressed with his performances I've seen so far, but I won't be getting on his back unless he consistently starts playing like that.
      mobile.p
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 23, 2007 11:00:24 pm
      i think babel is going to an unbelievable player for liverpool remember its takes time to settle but when he Doe's he's going to be a world beater
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #21: Aug 24, 2007 08:18:23 am
      Babel hasn't played much yet but what I've seen so far has impressed me.  He's quick and skillful and when he sees the goal he has a go.  Maybe he's just a cool guy who outwardly doesn't show much emotion.  Reminds me a bit of Henry in his early days for Arsenal.  I'll settle for that.  Anyway Ra Ra Rafa its all to early to make such a call about his committment so I'll call you an idiot, but I defend your right to be an idiot if you want.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #22: Aug 24, 2007 09:11:10 am
      I was wrong toi judge him so early, he's just lost his confidence!

Quick Reply