Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ryan Babel (LFC -> Hoffenheim. Now Fulham)

Read 223370 times
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Re: Ryan Babel (LFC -> Hoffenheim)
      Reply #2438: Feb 01, 2011 08:39:48 pm
      Well in Ryan, plenty of dignity and respect shown in your departure. You conducted yourself the Liverpool way. Best of luck.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2439: Feb 01, 2011 08:43:35 pm
      It's a shame Ryan could never get that regular start up front and was used as a make shift winger recently, not his best position but I think if he works to his strengths and keep on the team sheet he'll go far.  Whereas claims he could be the next Henry are still questionable, I think he still has a chance at another big club in the future.

All the best Ryan, YNWA!!
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #2440: Feb 01, 2011 10:42:49 pm
      tbh i think we shud of held on to him untill the summer im not sure what formations kennys gonna go wiv when all the players r fit and well, but with 4-3-3 being touted by a few people i thaught this could of been babels time to shine (on the left hand side of the front 3) as this was the formation used at ajax where he was in his most prolific form
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2441: Feb 01, 2011 10:47:12 pm
      tbh i think we shud of held on to him untill the summer im not sure what formations kennys gonna go wiv when all the players r fit and well, but with 4-3-3 being touted by a few people i thaught this could of been babels time to shine (on the left hand side of the front 3) as this was the formation used at ajax where he was in his most prolific form

Prolific?  He was never prolific, 26 goals in 175 games attests to that.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #2442: Feb 01, 2011 10:55:55 pm
      Prolific?  He was never prolific, 26 goals in 175 games attests to that.

im on about when he was at ajax where he scored 14 in 73, and what u must realise is that he was gradually broken in to the team as a sub from the age of 17 and only played for them untill he wa 19/20... so this isnt a good record for a lad of this age??????
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2443: Feb 01, 2011 10:59:40 pm
      im on about when he was at ajax where he scored 14 in 73, and what u must realise is that he was gradually broken in to the team as a sub from the age of 17 and only played for them untill he wa 19/20... so this isnt a good record for a lad of this age??????

Prolific is a record of 1 goal in 3 games at worst, Babel has never come anywhere near that kind of figure in club football.  If he hits 1 in 4 at Hoffenheim, I'd be shocked.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #2444: Feb 01, 2011 11:06:53 pm
      Prolific is a record of 1 goal in 3 games at worst, Babel has never come anywhere near that kind of figure in club football.  If he hits 1 in 4 at Hoffenheim, I'd be shocked.

ok prolific may not have been the correct choice of words but his record is very similar to that of rooneys when he was at everton. but when we signed babel ther was alot of hype around him but he always looked out of place in liverpools team although he did hve his moments. all i was stating was if kenny is going to play 4-3-3 it would have been nice to see babel have a crack in what is his ment to be his best posistion.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2445: Feb 02, 2011 09:13:11 am
      Fair play to the Man, at least he says Thanks

Ryan Babel tweets his thanks to Liverpool fans after completing his transfer away from Anfield
      Ryan Babel has used his official Twitter account to thank Liverpool fans for the support they gave him during his three and a half year spell at Anfield.

After 146 appearances and 22 goals, the Dutchman bade farewell to the Reds last week by signing for German side Hoffenheim.

However, Babel was eager to express his gratitude to Kopites and admits he feels privileged to have played for Liverpool.

He Tweeted the following on @RyanBabel on Monday night:

'There is no other club then Liverpool with the anthem “ YNWA “ !!! #Beautiful

'But hey I’m gonna dedicate a few tweets to some lfc fans.

'Wanna thank ALL of you fans but the ones in particular who believed in me and supported me all those years.

'Its definitely a shame it didn’t worked out for me and the club, but that’s how it is sometimes.

'I was blessed to work with one of the greatest football players and I learned a lot

“I learn to love the lfc way, the city, the people and I made lots of friends in Liverpool

'I wanna wish Liverpool all the luck and I hope they will end in top 4 where they belong

'And thanks for still following me on here .. #YNWA'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1352511/Ryan-Babel-tweets-thanks-Liverpool-fans-transfer.html#ixzz1Cn7yr5Tf

Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #2446: Feb 02, 2011 09:45:11 am
      Fair play to the Man, at least he says Thanks

Ryan Babel tweets his thanks to Liverpool fans after completing his transfer away from Anfield
      Ryan Babel has used his official Twitter account to thank Liverpool fans for the support they gave him during his three and a half year spell at Anfield.

After 146 appearances and 22 goals, the Dutchman bade farewell to the Reds last week by signing for German side Hoffenheim.

However, Babel was eager to express his gratitude to Kopites and admits he feels privileged to have played for Liverpool.

He Tweeted the following on @RyanBabel on Monday night:

'There is no other club then Liverpool with the anthem “ YNWA “ !!! #Beautiful

'But hey I’m gonna dedicate a few tweets to some lfc fans.

'Wanna thank ALL of you fans but the ones in particular who believed in me and supported me all those years.

'Its definitely a shame it didn’t worked out for me and the club, but that’s how it is sometimes.

'I was blessed to work with one of the greatest football players and I learned a lot

“I learn to love the lfc way, the city, the people and I made lots of friends in Liverpool

'I wanna wish Liverpool all the luck and I hope they will end in top 4 where they belong

'And thanks for still following me on here .. #YNWA'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1352511/Ryan-Babel-tweets-thanks-Liverpool-fans-transfer.html#ixzz1Cn7yr5Tf

Has showed us more respect and pride to the fans than Torres has with his departure. At least Babel knew how good of a club we are and still does today.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #2447: Feb 02, 2011 10:46:10 am
      Great stuff by Ryan Babel.

It didn't work out but it shows great respect for the guy to acknowledge the fans and team. Good luck to him and lets hope it works out for him in Germany.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #2448: Feb 02, 2011 04:00:56 pm
      Good Luck 2 Liverpool for tonight ... Still #YNWA He just tweeted that
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #2449: Feb 06, 2011 12:21:29 am
      I'm gonna go 2 bed, good luck 2 Lfc tomorrow .. YNWA

Another tweet..
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #2450: Feb 06, 2011 12:34:03 am
      I'm gonna go 2 bed, good luck 2 Lfc tomorrow .. YNWA

Another tweet..
      I think he misses us ;)

How could he not? He probably cries himself to sleep every night :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2451: Feb 06, 2011 12:41:57 am
      Nice to see he still tweets about us. Probably checks out results as well.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #2452: Feb 06, 2011 08:42:39 am
      He was watching the game the other day and celebrated the goal on twitter.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2453: Feb 06, 2011 08:48:00 am
      IF only he showed this much passion when he was here.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #2454: Feb 06, 2011 07:13:45 pm
      So how did Torr, * Cough * To *Cough again * uhmm yall know who I mean, how did he played? his latest tweet
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2455: Feb 07, 2011 04:06:42 am
      So how did Torr, * Cough * To *Cough again * uhmm yall know who I mean, how did he played? his latest tweet

:lmao:

Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2456: Feb 07, 2011 05:15:25 am
      Has been wonderful on twitter all day long. Well in Ryan!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2457: Feb 08, 2011 12:20:14 am

That's a f***in classic. Well in Ryan, never knew you could be this funny.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #2458: May 21, 2011 01:42:17 am
      Former Liverpool  forward Ryan Babel has stated that Steven Gerrard told him that the club would regret the Dutchman’s departure from the club:

“Liverpool have not made full use of my skills. It was the same under Rafa Benitez  as it was with Roy Hodgson . I think Kenny Dalglish  would have given me a fair chance. Steven Gerrard  was a great inspiration. He often said that I should not give up. When I left Steven also said to me that he was convinced of my qualities and I still can be a big player. ‘Liverpool will regret your departure’, were his last words he said to me.”

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2459: May 21, 2011 01:56:38 am
      Former Liverpool  forward Ryan Babel has stated that Steven Gerrard told him that the club would regret the Dutchman’s departure from the club:

“Liverpool have not made full use of my skills. It was the same under Rafa Benitez  as it was with Roy Hodgson . I think Kenny Dalglish  would have given me a fair chance. Steven Gerrard  was a great inspiration. He often said that I should not give up. When I left Steven also said to me that he was convinced of my qualities and I still can be a big player. ‘Liverpool will regret your departure’, were his last words he said to me.”

Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

Steven also said Project Owl was a great appointment and Joe Cole would be as good as Messi.

Ryan was a lazy, shithouse, braindead wannabe rapper. Looked like he'd be world class when he was a youngster, showed glimmers of promise in his first season for us but just bombed. If he didn't start ten games on the bounce it was because he was dire in the other nine.

Pick the ball up, control it five yards in front of you, run at the defender, slow down when you get to him rather than actually using your best attribute and just knocking it past him, instead do a stepover, knock the ball into his legs and then stand around wondering how you didn't come out with the ball. Rinse and repeat.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #2460: May 21, 2011 08:21:01 am
      To be honest if he concentrated on his football as much as he does his twitter account he'd be a world beater!!

Quick Reply