Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dalglish seeks major investment in LFC

Read 4411 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Dalglish seeks major investment in LFC
      Jan 14, 2011 12:21:35 am
      Money talks for Kenny as Liverpool boss Dalglish seeks major investment in team

Kenny Dalglish will ask for substantial funds to halt Liverpool's tailspin when he meets John W Henry over the next 10 days.

Liverpool's principal owner will be at Anfield for the first time in almost two months for Sunday's derby against Everton.

His talks with Dalglish, the club's interim boss, have assumed greater importance as Liverpool need major investment to halt their worrying run of form.

Two defeats in four days, against Manchester United and Blackpool, underlined the need to bring in at least four players.

A central defender and a pacy wide player have long been a priority, while Ajax's Uruguay forward Luis Suarez is high on Liverpool's wish-list, and a left back also needed.

At Blackpool, Dalglish played Glen Johnson out of position rather than Paul Konchesky, effectively signalling the end of the former England defender's brief Anfield career.

But Konchesky will be unable to move on this month, as he played for Fulham against United last August and Premier League players cannot appear for three clubs in one season.

Link

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011 01:50:15 pm by CRK, Reason: Added article in. Was slightly different to the one you\'d posted, mind. »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: KK Seeks Major Investment
      Reply #1: Jan 14, 2011 12:24:18 am
      Can you please include the link as well?

Also, that is a major eye sore. Try breaking it up into paragraphs.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2011 12:28:10 am
      Don't think kenny would ask for large investment. Maybe if he's here full time. Also lack of quotes = bs story ;).

I'm sure we'll see money spend though.
      Media know this and are just guessing that money will be spend.
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2011 08:41:54 am
      I hope JH will be supportive of KK as Liverpool is in a very precarious position. I'm fully supportive of the longer term strategy of buying youth players but as of now, we have to have the reinforcements through the addition of some young 1st team players. If nothing is done this January window, I'm not too confident whether the team can pull themselves together and climb up the league table.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2011 08:56:00 am
      I agree,i also like their strategy in looking for good youthfull players but i think we need a couple of quality players for now.And i think it's important their not squad players but quality players that go strait into the team,it could also give the squad a lift and a freshness for the remainder of the season.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2011 09:36:14 am
      It's just lazy journalism, listing a bunch of transfer rumours and adding that he will ask money because Henry is known to be going to meet him.

In another article (posted in winter transferts forum) sport.co.uk list no less than 11 players as Kenny transfer targets (all already linked under Roy), and add the same Dalgish will ask Henry for money.

And so far the only thing he said about transfers (after saying he is happy with the team he inherited) is  :

"What is immediate for us is the staff and players we have working together and the people know who they are there will do their very best to do that.

"If someone comes up who is attractive to the club then fine but at this moment there have not been any conversations about that.

"I couldn't tell you definitively whether there will be people coming in."

Not really looking like someone screaming for huge investment.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #6: Jan 14, 2011 10:26:46 am
      Two different things going on here - what Kenny says in Public, and what happens in private.

Kenny never has (and probably never will be) the kind of person to say 'we need this, or that player' - but what he will do is go to John & Tom and say, 'look, we have to move forward - here are my young players I would like which will help the club, regardless of who is in charge'.

patience is the key here.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Jan 14, 2011 10:34:06 am
      Listing a load of rumours & claiming it as journalism, I despair. It's the presses job to report the news, not create it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2011 10:49:21 am
      I would be happy if Kenny keeps a lid on things.

Like he did with the appointment of Clarke. Keep the media in the dark and let them write about it when they show up on the training ground. Loved his line about only thinking about it in the car after the interview... Nice
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 14, 2011 05:06:00 pm
      Not interested in the rumours. All I know is that between now and the summer we need £50 million, minimum. And spent very wisely
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #10: Jan 14, 2011 05:08:30 pm
      Kenny dismissed it all in his conference today, no activity in any shape or form right now.
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 15, 2011 11:39:32 am
      Daily Mail = Lazy journalism
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #12: Jan 16, 2011 09:10:10 am
      I think Kenny is a realist. He's not one to demand a very big budget from JH for new players. During these diffiult times, Kenny needs to spend within means and it starts with a left back and a striker to assist Torres. Move Johnson to right wing, Kelly to remain at right back. Babel to play on the left wing till the end of the season. Sell some of the deadwoods and average players at the end of the season to build up the funds, get some extra dough from the owner get; a quality centreback, a defensive midfielder ala Masch and a  midfield playmaker. Hopefully I'm not too optiistic here.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #13: Jan 16, 2011 10:38:37 am
      There are three players we have never replaced, Hyppia, Alonso and Mascherano, Sammy for his skill and leadership, Alonso for his link up play from the defence through to the forwards, and Mascha for his protecting the defence and breaking up our opponents forward line, a destroyer of sorts but one all teams want (except Barca it seems). We still need to replace those gone and yet we also need a left back and a left wing and another top notch forward, we need half the present team to be added to what we can buy and then we may have some cover which has been lacking since H&G let players go without replacing them, and now?.

There is one thing Kenny can do without spending money, bring in some of the younger players like Pacheco, Suso, Ince, N'Gog, Irwin, Stirling, Coady, Silva, Ecclestone(on loan) that's to name a few. I would not want them thrown in now but introduce one now and then after all we are allowed a big bench nowadays, it would give everyone a lift if one or two got into the first team and we have three months left on the season so we still have time to see the younger players.

This club has some of the best youth players around at this moment and in the next few years I can see us having a very good team with a few of our youth players in the squad, What a future for them and us, it's mostly down to Benitas who changed our club in many area's and one was the youth set up.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14: Jan 16, 2011 10:53:18 am
      ^^^ Well said. Yup, we need to replace 1/2 the team. I'm hoping at least 2 from the reserve team make it to the firat team, that'll save us some dough to invest in other areas. We need to sell during the summer to get in some funds to re-invest in new players. What has happened to Aquilani? If we're not going to use him at all might as well sell him. Why hold up all the funds that can be used to fund new players, that'll give us at least 10 mil.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #15: Jan 16, 2011 11:21:30 am
      What has happened to Aquilani? If we're not going to use him at all might as well sell him.

Are you being serious?!

He's on loan at Juve, they have the option to buy him at the end of the season as well
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 16, 2011 11:25:28 am
      What advantages are there to sending a guy out on loan and having a clause where the team who have him on loan can buy and Liverpool have no say even if they wanna keep him?

TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #17: Jan 16, 2011 11:26:33 am
      What advantages are there to sending a guy out on loan and having a clause where the team who have him on loan can buy and Liverpool have no say even if they wanna keep him?

None. It's called a Purslow.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Dalglish seeks major investment in LFC
      Reply #18: Jan 16, 2011 01:51:56 pm
      To be honest, I've tidied it up but looking at it there isn't one single quote.

Locked.

Quick Reply