Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 17th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Bring Back Hamill

Read 2932 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Bring Back Hamill
      Jan 14, 2011 01:05:00 pm
      Hammill weighs up Reds options

BARNSLEY winger Adam Hammill has told The Star that if he does leave Oakwell it is likely to be for a Premier League club.

Blackpool and Notts Forest have tabled official bids for the sought-after former Liverpool midfielder, with Wolves also thought to be ready to make an official offer any time soon.

But 22-year-old Hammill has stressed that he won't be rushed into moving despite a growing demand for his signature.

"I'm not going to rush my decision whatever happens," said Hammill. "I don't want to move for the sake of it and money will definitely not be a motivation if I did move. If you move for money then I'd be moving for the wrong reasons.

"I'm 22 and probably got 12 years left in my career, but if I did move, it wouldn't be for money. It would have to be for the right reasons.

"As people know, in football things can change very quickly, but moving is not at the front of mind at the moment. I really enjoy playing for Barnsley and I've had a great season, but a couple of teams have made offers for me and there's a couple more who are interested having spoke to my agent.

"There's two Premier League clubs who are interested and two Championship clubs, but if I do move it's probably going to be a Premier League side.

"But this is a really difficult decision for me because I've got to weigh up how much game time I might get if I moved to a Premier League side. At the moment I'm getting regular football at Barnsley and enjoying playing for the club.

"It's true there's a £500,000 buyout clause in my contract, that was put in when I initially signed for Barnsley.

"The manager at the time Simon Davey said to me that I'd play in the Premier League one day, but that for the next 18 months it would do me good to get some regular football and improve as a player.

"And now under Mark Robins I've been getting better and better. The gaffer has been brilliant with me from day one. He took me aside and said I'll play in the Premier League, but to try and develop more under him, which I have done.

"It's very flattering to have all this interest in me, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

"At the moment I'm just concentrating on doing my best for the team until the end of January.

"There was interest in me this summer, but I'm loyal to Mark Robins and the players. I love playing in front of the Barnsley fans, but if I did leave it would have to be for a Premier League club. All the best players aspire to play in the Premier League and I'm sure the gaffer wouldn't stand in my way if I were to go for the right reasons."

Both boss Robins and club director Don Rowing have both admitted it could prove difficult to keep their star player.

"It's out of my hands now what Adam decides to do, but hopefully he decides to stay," said Robins.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/reds/Hammill-weighs-up-Reds-options.6690719.jp
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Bring Back Hamill
      Reply #1: Jan 14, 2011 04:56:47 pm
      For half a million is a no brainer
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2011 08:29:12 pm
      Should never have been allowed to go esp as he was never given a chance. I would have him back.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2011 09:26:06 pm
      Please bring him back !!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2011 10:52:42 pm
      Not so sure but for that cheap, it would be worth a shot.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2011 10:57:52 pm
      Not directly linked to us, so I'm going to lock this.

By all means continue this discussion in the speculation thread.

Quick Reply