Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pro Evo v FIFA.

Read 13238 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Pro Evo v FIFA.
      Jul 28, 2007 07:23:46 pm
      Big debate between most PS2 (and to a lesser extent PC) users; which is better, the Pro Evo, or FIFA series. I myself have consistently bought every PES since 2, and enjoy it immensely. There's a little annoying period from when you get the game, till you actually get to play it because of the need to edit most bloody team names in the Premiership, but at least there's now licenses for La Liga, Dutch Erevirdse (sp?), Serie A, French league, and a bunch of other teams like Celtic and Rangers. I did buy FIFA 07, but wasn't a fan, and sold it on. For me, the game was too easy in the lower leagues (with Wycombe's midfield hammering in 40 yard strikes on the turn...) and the players animations seemed unrealistic. I think PES is the best bet for a simulation of what real footie's like, and if only it had FIFA's licenses it would be perfect.

What's everyones opinions on these two games? Which do you buy usually, and which will you get this year?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Pro Evo v FIFA.
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2007 11:56:49 pm
      I've actually always liked Fifa - I know a lot of people back Pro Evo but maybe I'm just lazy and with the licences and everything.

I am crying out for a PS3 footie game and both of the big guns come out in the Autumn. Because I have been starved of a good footy game I will probably get both so will be in the perfect place to give an assessment.

I pretty much like any footie game as long as its realistic and I do like the 'passing in to space' on both games.
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2: Jul 29, 2007 10:47:28 am

I am crying out for a PS3 footie game and both of the big guns come out in the Autumn. Because I have been starved of a good footy game I will probably get both so will be in the perfect place to give an assessment.

Well it's alright for some huh! :) A PS3 and enough to buy both games! Aren't they 40-50 quid each PS3 games?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 29, 2007 04:43:34 pm
      Well it's alright for some huh! :) A PS3 and enough to buy both games! Aren't they 40-50 quid each PS3 games?

In the UK shops they certainly are ;) 
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #4: Jul 29, 2007 10:06:22 pm
      PRO FOREVER
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2007 03:55:11 pm
      In the UK shops they certainly are ;) 

In the UK shops? so where do you get yours from then!??

I checked your PS3 link at the bottom of yours posts (and signed up) but thought they were expensive?

I like the look of play to be honest can get a few games for £32.99!!

anyway roll on PES2008!! Lookes awsome!!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #6: Aug 01, 2007 08:48:37 pm
      Well I gotta say I'm a Fifa man myself and have tried playing Pro Evolution but it bores me abit, the players seem a bit over the top in gameplay whereas fifa keeps it real, well sort of has anyone actually seen the ref when he's not giving out a card? (Fifa 07 PS2)

I have also seen Fifa 07 tournaments being played on the XBOX Live on Xleague.tv looks pretty good but I don't think it can be used with the PS2.

AJ
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #7: Aug 02, 2007 05:14:13 pm
      Pro Evo any day.
      christov84
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 02, 2007 09:24:08 pm
      Pro Evo may be better on the ps 2 or xbox but.. when it comes to the xbox 360 there is no comparison fifa is better every time hands down, probably down to the fact that fifa 2007 was EA's 3rd attempt at a footie game on the next gen consoles and Pro Evo 6 was only Konami's first, i still think Fifa 08 will be better than Pro Evo 2008 but it will be a lot closer contest this time round, i agree with the fact that Fifa can become a little repetitive and get easy but on the 360 there isn't the obvious 'match killer' goal on Fifa 07 which me and my mates call it, the guaranteed goal from a certain position, every Fifa player will know what i'm talking about ;D, there is a much better engine to the game and ball physcs which make it a lot better and almost a whole different game compared to Fifa 07 on the ps2, anyway back to the question Fifa everytime!!!
      mr.green
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 03, 2007 01:15:51 am
      best football game is pro evo
      besides, I'm PES Patchmaker...
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #10: Aug 03, 2007 11:51:58 am
      the guaranteed goal from a certain position, every Fifa player will know what I'm talking about

What's that? Right in front of the goal with no opposition around for miles? :D
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 03, 2007 12:05:46 pm
      Pro Evo may be better on the ps 2 or xbox but.. when it comes to the xbox 360 there is no comparison fifa is better every time hands down, probably down to the fact that fifa 2007 was EA's 3rd attempt at a footie game on the next gen consoles and Pro Evo 6 was only Konami's first, I still think Fifa 08 will be better than Pro Evo 2008 but it will be a lot closer contest this time round, I agree with the fact that Fifa can become a little repetitive and get easy but on the 360 there isn't the obvious 'match killer' goal on Fifa 07 which me and my mates call it, the guaranteed goal from a certain position, every Fifa player will know what I'm talking about ;D, there is a much better engine to the game and ball physcs which make it a lot better and almost a whole different game compared to Fifa 07 on the ps2, anyway back to the question Fifa everytime!!!

Is this "match killer" you are talking about got to do with the "45 degree angle" at which you shoot outside the box which is almost certain to beat the keeper if shot with enough power?
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2007 12:13:58 pm by Venom-C »
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #12: Aug 03, 2007 12:06:19 pm
      What's that? Right in front of the goal with no opposition around for miles? :D
      Nah I think cristov means when u get the ball bang centre on target from the half way line with someone like Pennant and the keeper is just off his line, gets a touch but it rolls in anyway! thats football for ya!

lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13: Aug 03, 2007 12:20:20 pm
      fifa has a better menu for picking teams and changing players and doing transfers, but pes has the better game play, but the pes offside rule needs a bit of changing. but i do prefer pes more ;D
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #14: Aug 09, 2007 09:46:46 pm
      Fifa all the way
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #15: Aug 12, 2007 02:12:48 pm
      PS2 just broke, so I was looking for a footie game on the PC and I came across a fully updated (till August 10th) version of PES on ebay. It's got kits, transfers, stadiums, player faces, and a bundle of other stuff. Check it out! here

having no footie game to get me through at the moment, picking that up for a fiver made me very very happy.
      dede_dodo88
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 20, 2007 09:22:31 pm
      FIFA Rulez
      actually i'm a profissional player :)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #17: Aug 20, 2007 09:56:36 pm
      No contest, has to be pro. I've always found Fifa far too easy, once you learn how to beat the computer you can do it every time, pro has much better gameplay. I actually only converted two years ago, I was always put off by the lack of official kits etc, wish I had done a lot sooner.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #18: Aug 21, 2007 12:39:44 am
      I was playing the computer on the 360 which is by far tougher than the PS2 version of PES6.

Anyway I was Barca facing Chelsea and I was all over them on the hardest mode.. somehow they beat me 2 - 1
      Then I want revenge as its Chelsea so I pick Milan and things get even worse, they go 2 - 0 up and they are again through on goal so I hack their player down and Nesta is sent off for being the last man... I lost the match 8 - 0 in the end.. very dissapointed with myself, but the 360 version of PES6 is very very tough.. you must play it!

The PS2 is for kids, I cream the computer all day long on the PS2

As for Fifa... its crap, don't ever buy it!
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 21, 2007 06:48:08 am
      i used to be a fifa believer
      just for the fact i heard of it first and it was licensed
      but as time got on it was just far to easy
      even on the so called legendary difficulty
      so i rented pro evo 5 a while ago and found it more challenging
      and i like the fact u can customize almost everything
      as apposed to fifa's bare minimum
      i only own pro evo 4
      pro evo 5 still cost about $90 aus and i don't wanna splash out
      i'm saving to come over there
      so i bought pro evo 4 for a tidy $20 aus
      and i love it more than fifa 07 by far
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: Aug 21, 2007 01:09:28 pm
      Can't wait for pro evo 7. it's gonna be amazing.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #21: Aug 22, 2007 11:53:15 am
      Fifa 08 released in my birthday week...anyone want to give a big kid a pressie ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #22: Aug 22, 2007 11:56:13 am
      Fifa 08 released in my birthday week...anyone want to give a big kid a pressie ;D

Pro 2008 comes out the day after mine, me first pal

Quick Reply