Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pro Evo v FIFA.

Read 13258 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Re: Pro Evo v FIFA.
      Reply #23: Aug 22, 2007 12:08:27 pm
      Pro 2008 comes out the day after mine, me first pal

Ah but Fifa 08 is out in September, PRO is out October so...me FIRST ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Aug 22, 2007 12:18:39 pm
      Ah but Fifa 08 is out in September, PRO is out October so...me FIRST ;)

Oh... :(
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #25: Aug 22, 2007 12:25:30 pm
      I hate the relase date on Pro. Always want to get it for my birthday, but it's usually later on in October (my birthdays the 6th) so I have to ask for it and then wait an agonising two weeks to actually get it! I know I sound like a spoilt brat BUT I WANT MY PRO!!
      ANFIELD SCOUSE
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #26: Aug 22, 2007 11:34:07 pm
      for me i i play both fifa 07 online and pro evo 6 online and both games have there good and bad points

pro evo is smooth online but it gets a bit boring doing the same goals into the corner in the box and obviously there are no licenses

fifa 07 online is delayed so from actually pressing the button to it happening on the screen there is a delay which ruins it if you wanna play a quick passing games but the licensed teams etc and stadiums make it better than pro evo

To sum up if fifa was like pro evo online and pro evo was like fifa with fully licensed teams then im sure it would be a great al round game.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #27: Aug 26, 2007 12:46:33 pm
      for me I I play both fifa 07 online and pro evo 6 online and both games have there good and bad points

pro evo is smooth online but it gets a bit boring doing the same goals into the corner in the box and obviously there are no licenses

fifa 07 online is delayed so from actually pressing the button to it happening on the screen there is a delay which ruins it if you wanna play a quick passing games but the licensed teams etc and stadiums make it better than pro evo

To sum up if fifa was like pro evo online and pro evo was like fifa with fully licensed teams then im sure it would be a great al round game.

My blog post links both FIFA & PES details for both new releases...looks like I may get both!

http://sweetflag.wordpress.com/2007/08/24/short-term-gaming-on-old-faithful/

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2007 01:18:24 pm by DM Osbon »
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #28: Aug 30, 2007 03:53:36 pm
      Pro Evo is the better game by a country mile! Awesome football can be played on it!

Matt
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #29: Sep 01, 2007 01:53:02 pm
      FIFA 08 demo for PC is out btw.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #30: Sep 22, 2007 12:14:56 am
      seriously all you fifa players dont know what your missing out on by playing that rather than pro.

the graphics on the 360 version of pro wernt great but thats because they didnt have much time and it was rushed but pes2008 will make up for it as they have had a whole year to perfect it. regardless of graphics and kits , teamnames ect ect , pro's gameplay is by far the best and that for me is all that really matters.
      ive got it for the 360 and im hooked on playing online against mancs and what not ... so addictive winding up mancs on the old headset while crouchie is bangin em in .
      i cant wait for the new pro because lpool will be well better on it aswell , cause they are a bit dodgy on the current version . the purchase of fernando torres should see  to that because he is class on pro 7 .
      the only thing i think is abit crap about pro is the fact that whoever they decide is on the box , is amazing in the game . for example john terry and adriano where ridiculously overated on the last one

dose anyone know who is on the cover this year?
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #31: Sep 22, 2007 01:16:28 pm
      dose anyone know who is on the cover this year?

Michael Owen and Cristiano Ronaldo. Have a look at www.pesfan.com for all the latest updates.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #32: Sep 28, 2007 11:31:16 am
      Can I ask why Pro evo is even likable?
      The seasons which is the only thing I use Fifa for are terrible on Pro evo!
      Fifa have the licenses to stadiums, Fifa 08-Anfield, PES 08-Red Cauldron, that stuff just makes the game seem like a fake copy.
      Only thing PES has over Fifa is the shots are a little bit more realistic!
      And one more thing, Shouldn't Football Manager be in the mix?
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2007 11:33:18 am by benforrest »
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #33: Sep 28, 2007 12:09:21 pm
      Can I ask why Pro evo is even likable?
      The seasons which is the only thing I use Fifa for are terrible on Pro evo!
      Fifa have the licenses to stadiums, Fifa 08-Anfield, PES 08-Red Cauldron, that stuff just makes the game seem like a fake copy.
      Only thing PES has over Fifa is the shots are a little bit more realistic!
      And one more thing, Shouldn't Football Manager be in the mix?

Pro's gameplay is much much much more realistic than Fifa. The the players move on and off the ball, the general play and graphics are much better. Yes FIFA have licenses, but these days you can get all sorts of patches and option files that give you all the real kits and updates.

And in FM you don't control the players in the match itself, it's much more focused on the managerial side of things, so I don't think you can compare it to Fifa or PES.

for those interested, the pro evo PC demo is out now, so you can compare it to FIFA! I haven't played the FIFA one, but Pro seems pretty nice, although it's not as good as I expected. Will have to wait for the full game to judge properly...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #34: Oct 27, 2007 12:25:34 pm
      I feel well placed to pass some comment now in this thread as I have both FIFA 08 and Pro Evo 08 on the PS3.

First impressions - FIFA 08 is a much better game. 

FIFA feels more real and actually looks like a real football game - Pro Evo looks, well, so 'computery'!  Maybe it's going to be a grower but I am afraid that being an owner of both - I think FIFA has got Pro Evo licked now.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #35: Oct 28, 2007 11:59:06 pm
      Fifa forever, loved fifa since the old sega mega drive was around, started out with fifa 96, now im on 08.
      StefanFredrik
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -1 
      Reply #36: Oct 30, 2007 12:27:30 am
      FIFA,always and however it is.
      bravon33
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • South Wales
      Reply #37: Oct 31, 2007 04:47:45 pm
      I prefer FIFA but my girlfriend says its "too easy" to score goals so she prefers Pro Evo.
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #38: Oct 31, 2007 05:50:37 pm
      Aye, FIFA is too easy in my eyes!

So with both the latest PES and FIFA out now, what's the lfcreds official decision for the latest editions?

Pro or FIFA!?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #39: Nov 01, 2007 03:00:33 pm
      I prefer FIFA but my girlfriend says its "too easy" to score goals so she prefers Pro Evo.

hmmmm thats not a good sign!!!

anyway, as i've said before i'm in the PES camp on this one :)
      bravon33
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • South Wales
      Reply #40: Nov 01, 2007 03:57:11 pm

I know, but she's referring to the FIFA game from a few years ago as opposed to the new version, so maybe it's not so easy now. I havent really played Pro Evo so cant really comment myself!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #41: Nov 01, 2007 05:16:12 pm

Stick it on 'Legend' then.  If you're playing against the computer the first task will be getting the ball.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #42: Nov 01, 2007 07:29:42 pm
      I've played both now and I can honestly say FIFA has won hands down! Got a few mates who are Pro loyal and even they have submitted to FIFA this year!  8)

The graphics are much sweeter on FIFA, as it usually is! The licensing is a massive bonus and finally I can say that FIFA has much better gameplay!

It can only be a good thing for next year though if they're going to continue trying to better each other! We're just going to get more good games!
      Tayls
      • Started Topic

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #43: Nov 01, 2007 09:39:28 pm
      Ooh County Rd, my money may be swerving toward FIFA if there's more reviews like that.

I'm interested to hear from anyone else who's played both games, and can compare them like County Rd.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #44: Nov 01, 2007 10:18:40 pm
      Ooh County Rd, my money may be swerving toward FIFA if there's more reviews like that.

I'm interested to hear from anyone else who's played both games, and can compare them like County Rd.

No problemo's mate! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #45: Nov 02, 2007 12:51:39 am
      Hey - isn't my word good enough for you!

FIFA all the way.  If anyone wants to buy Pro Evo 08 for the PS3 (hardly used) for a slight reduction off the RRP then PM me.  Serious. ;)

Quick Reply