Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Would/Could you ever call for Kenny's head??

Read 11813 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Would/Could you ever call for Kenny's head??
      Reply #23: Jan 14, 2011 10:13:09 pm
      Will never happen, no matter how the rest of the season pans out.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24: Jan 14, 2011 10:21:05 pm
      Maybe if he told our players not to sign new contracts until he had :)

Seriously NO
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Jan 14, 2011 10:28:50 pm

NO.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #26: Jan 14, 2011 11:04:44 pm
      nopedy nope nope.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #27: Jan 14, 2011 11:20:19 pm
      NEVER - Nothing he does with the team can ever erode what he's achieved with and for the Club
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #28: Jan 14, 2011 11:23:21 pm
      I'm going to get a a lot of abuse for this but I encourage people to read the whole of this post before saying anything.

This is purely a hypothetical topic, I believe myself if things were going bad he'd step down but anyway on to the 'hypothetical-ness'.

If he was doing a sh!t job (I don't think he will) and he obviously wasn't going to step down I would be calling for him to be sacked just as I would any manager, his previous involvements as a manager and player shouldn't come into it. Yes he is a legend at this club (an understatement). He isn't above having 'his head called for'.

So to answer the question, Yes, in extreme circumstances.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Jan 14, 2011 11:28:32 pm
      A manager is judged on results, end of. Doesn't matter who it is. No one is bigger than the club and decisions should be made in the interest of the club. But it won't come to that, Kenny's not naive, and I think that if he felt the job was beyond him, he wouldn't prolong things waiting for a payoff, or let things go really sour. He more than anyone wants to do what's best for the club.
      But let's hope to f**k it doesn't come to that and the King does turn it around. At this stage, no-one including the King can doubt the scale of the task - but Kenny came, and fair fucks to him for that.
      Anyway, I think if things don't improve under Kenny (as opposed to under Roy), it'll be the players who start coming in for more heavy critisism than the manager. I mean, Kenny is a living LFC legend FFS. The players will have nowhere to f**king hide, and I hope they have the cop on to see this and up their performances. Babel, Glen etc. on twitter, Agger moaning about not playing, players calling for the squad to be strengthened (essentially saying their team mates are crap) - all that sh*t will get short shrift if they don't show pride and passion ON THE PITCH. They should pull the f**king shutters down, start working for each other, backing each other up, dig f**king deep. We need real leaders, and hopefully players will step up.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #30: Jan 14, 2011 11:39:26 pm
      The man is a man of honour. He will never hold on stubbornly to power.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #31: Jan 15, 2011 08:00:34 am
      Your kidding right?
      If I ever heard anything or saw anything calling for "dalglish out" in the ground or at any game ever I would kick the sh*t out of them and remove their heads for trophies.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2011 08:38:31 am
      No - because Kenny would know that if he wasnt doing a great job, he would walk away - so therefore no need to.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2011 08:40:38 am
      No!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2011 08:49:13 am
      No - because Kenny would know that if he wasn't doing a great job, he would walk away - so therefore no need to.
      That's why i said Hypothetical. We all know Kenny will do the right thing if needed, but what if Kenny carried on where Roy left off?, playing negative football with Poulson in the centre, what if he signed Carlton Cole and sold Torres, then got us relegated?. Would we be have it in us to put Liverpool's best interests at heart ahead of Kenny' legendary status??

I think peoples opinions would change after that!
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #35: Jan 15, 2011 09:42:09 am
      No chance,he is man enough to walk,if he thinks he can't take the club forward or his tactics, style of management just don't cut it any more.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 15, 2011 10:02:51 am
      Not sure there is any mileage in this thread. No sooner is the King back and we have a thread that is taking the hypothetical view on his future.

Let's just get behind him 100%. Let's not even consider such things!
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #37: Jan 15, 2011 10:56:20 am
      Have to agree with most of the comments already on.

Quite simply NO. You would never have to.

I never could, Kenny's been on my wall for over thirty years.

If Kenny can't do it second time round he'll walk away with dignity and never put us in that position.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #38: Jan 15, 2011 11:05:38 am
      NO and this thread looks like a "is kenny the right man" thread which we don't want do we?
      We all need to stck together.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 15, 2011 11:14:19 am
      its nothing like a "Is Kenny the right man" thread. It's a hypothetical question which I would of been interested in seeing answers to. We all know that if things went wrong he would step down... BUT THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL THREAD, about whether or not you would call for his head if he was doing as badly as Hodgson? I would, I wouldn't think less of him, but if he wasn't doing a good job and wasn't going to quit, then I would want him gone because it would be in the best interest of the club.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #40: Jan 15, 2011 11:19:08 am
      I don't think Liverpool supporters as a group, or those posting on this rather civilized forum in general may ever ask for his head. At least not before he is given the time he desserve (and for me it's more 10 years than half a season considered what he done for the club).

Now there are always some lunatics, be them recent fans with no idea of club history, or people who had too high expectations and may feel betrayed if he doesn't deliver incredible results fast, who I fear are likely to, especially on less policed places (twitter, lfctv, etc...). And the medias are also very likely to give more weight to their opinions than they really have.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2011 11:25:23 am
      I think the only people who would ever 'call for Kenny's head' would be WUM's just popping in to wind normal people up.

Hypothetically, this is a pointless thread.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2011 11:39:34 am
      Oust the King! You are kidding. Long live the king....

The man is Liverpool. The Things he has achieved here as a player and a manager will never be forgot. if he can't change our fortunes no one can.

The man should be knighted for what he has achieved.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2011 11:53:31 am
      If Kenny does as poor a job as RH then of course we should start making noises. If things gets worse under Kenny than they were with RH, who in their right mind would support him...regardless of what he did for us many moons ago?!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2011 11:55:32 am
      I think the only people who would ever 'call for Kenny's head' would be WUM's just popping in to wind normal people up.

Hypothetically, this is a pointless thread.

Typical "superfan" response! Are you telling me that you'd be right behind Kenny if he got us relegated? You clearly don't care about the club as much as you should do!
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2011 11:56:32 am
      The club owes kenny too much, for what he did in 1989, and not forgetting that he took over after one of our darkest hours after heysel. So i would never call for his head, if Kenny decides to go then it would purely on his and the boards terms

Quick Reply